PDA

View Full Version : Lunch?

Sir C
02-02-2018, 11:03 AM
Chipolatas, cous cous.

redgunamo
02-02-2018, 11:05 AM
Chipolatas, cous cous.

Just finished beef, bacon and beer with some sort of fried egg and potato concoction. Not bad but more of a brunch really, than a lunch.

Sir C
02-02-2018, 11:09 AM
Just finished beef, bacon and beer with some sort of fried egg and potato concoction. Not bad but more of a brunch really, than a lunch.

Beef with bacon? What sort of madness is this? How can you have beef with bacon?

Burney
02-02-2018, 11:10 AM
Chipolatas, cous cous.

You're eating some very weird combos lately.

PSRB
02-02-2018, 11:11 AM
Chipolatas, cous cous.

Industry piss up at the Yang Sing Chinese. MSG & beer :-)

IUFG
02-02-2018, 11:11 AM
Chipolatas, cous cous.

Something light.

Sitting on a Japanese flag after last night's curry...

Sir C
02-02-2018, 11:12 AM
You're eating some very weird combos lately.

I'm all over the leftovers, you see.

The good thing is, when it's a bit repulsive, you only eat a little bit. I call it the 'Make Your Food Repellant' diet.

Sir C
02-02-2018, 11:13 AM
Industry piss up at the Yang Sing Chinese. MSG & beer :-)

Lovely stuff. You want pork balls in fluorescent gloop, spare ribs in fluorescent gloop, Singapore noodles and egg fried rice :thumbup:

PSRB
02-02-2018, 11:14 AM
Lovely stuff. You want pork balls in fluorescent gloop, spare ribs in fluorescent gloop, Singapore noodles and egg fried rice :thumbup:

Oh god yes, the brighter orange the better :eat:

redgunamo
Beef with bacon? What sort of madness is this? How can you have beef with bacon?

You don't know Rouladen? What of beef & bacon stews or casseroles? Falscherhase?

Ash
Chipolatas, cous cous.

Ok, I'll see you at the caff opposite the Egyptian Art Deco building in St Giles at the top of Shaftsbury Avenue at twelve. If they don't have the above I'll get you a double egg, sausage, beans and chips.

Sir C
02-02-2018, 11:15 AM
Something light.

Sitting on a Japanese flag after last night's curry...

Avoid anything that could bung you up. You don't wan to be straining your enflamed nipsy.

Sir C
02-02-2018, 11:16 AM
You don't know Rouladen? What of beef & bacon stews or casseroles? Falscherhase?

Ooh, no, I've missed Rouladen completely. I will seek this dish the next time I am in Der Vaterland. Vielen dank!

Burney
02-02-2018, 11:17 AM
Avoid anything that could bung you up. You don't wan to be straining your enflamed nipsy.

I don't know. He could give his poor clacker a much-needed rest by wolfing down a few Scotch Eggs to really put his system on a go-slow.

Sir C
02-02-2018, 11:17 AM
Ok, I'll see you at the caff opposite the Egyptian Art Deco building in St Giles at the top of Shaftsbury Avenue at twelve. If they don't have the above I'll get you a double egg, sausage, beans and chips.

Could you hold then beans and add a couple of slices? Ta.

SWv2
02-02-2018, 11:23 AM

Burger with bacon can be very pleasant.

Burney
02-02-2018, 11:24 AM

I made burgers last night. Very good, they were. I had American mustard, ketchup, gherkins, diced onions, two onion rings, bacon and cheese-flavoured food on mine.

Sir C
02-02-2018, 11:26 AM

I fall for this every single time. One sees the option of bacon with the burger and one is seduced, because, bacon. Then, when you get it, you ask yourself what the bacon is bringing to the party, and then you realise that it is detracting from the purity of the beefular experience.

Every. Single. Time.

Sir C
02-02-2018, 11:26 AM
I made burgers last night. Very good, they were. I had American mustard, ketchup, gherkins, diced onions, two onion rings, bacon and cheese-flavoured food on mine.

Splash of oyster sauce in the mince. Trust me.

Burney
02-02-2018, 11:28 AM
Splash of oyster sauce in the mince. Trust me.

:nod: Already do it. Also, a bit of dried onion powder and salt. Nothing else.

IUFG
02-02-2018, 11:29 AM

it is a little delicate. an overindulgence in chillies :-(

Burney
02-02-2018, 11:30 AM
I fall for this every single time. One sees the option of bacon with the burger and one is seduced, because, bacon. Then, when you get it, you ask yourself what the bacon is bringing to the party, and then you realise that it is detracting from the purity of the beefular experience.

Every. Single. Time.

I like just knowing it's there, doing its bacon thing.

A bacon double cheeseburger XL at Burger King is my favourite of the commonly available burgers.

SWv2
02-02-2018, 11:34 AM
I like just knowing it's there, doing its bacon thing.

A bacon double cheeseburger XL at Burger King is my favourite of the commonly available burgers.

I am a recent convert having made a fragile trip to Five Guys and thinking bacon could only help which to be fair it did.

Burney
02-02-2018, 11:36 AM
I am a recent convert having made a fragile trip to Five Guys and thinking bacon could only help which to be fair it did.

I like Five Guys, but can't help but feel it gives itself airs.

Sir C
02-02-2018, 11:38 AM
I like Five Guys, but can't help but feel it gives itself airs.

I very much enjoyed my Five Guys experience but felt that it was restaurant quality food at a restaurant price, in a fast food environment. All of which discombobulated me a bit.

Burney
02-02-2018, 11:41 AM
I very much enjoyed my Five Guys experience but felt that it was restaurant quality food at a restaurant price, in a fast food environment. All of which discombobulated me a bit.

You have - as ever - put your finger on the very nub of the thing.

Why am I paying this price while having to queue to order, sit on plastic seats and dispose of my own waste? The thing is all out of whack.

Luis Anaconda
02-02-2018, 11:54 AM
Chipolatas, cous cous.

half a chicken, crusty rolls, coke - lovely

SWv2
02-02-2018, 12:00 PM
You have - as ever - put your finger on the very nub of the thing.

Why am I paying this price while having to queue to order, sit on plastic seats and dispose of my own waste? The thing is all out of whack.

The price point is simply reflective of The Modern World as such and when all is said and done it is a burger so airs and graces are both unnecessary and if they did exist we would all be in a rush to point out that it is only a burger.

The chaps behind the venture know there is a world of wannabee food critics who would see it beneath them to perhaps have a Whopper with Cheese or a Quarter Pounder with cheese, 6 nuggets and a Fillet of Fish on the side. The food is ghastly, the cheese is plastic and it is relatively cheap and it is “fast food” so they could not dare be seen enter the premises.

Raise the price to whatever FG is, sell it as a higher food experience and the beards and check shirts (and Monty) are falling over themselves to get in a take a photo of their food.

They all deserve to be shot.

Burney
02-02-2018, 12:07 PM
The price point is simply reflective of The Modern World as such and when all is said and done it is a burger so airs and graces are both unnecessary and if they did exist we would all be in a rush to point out that it is only a burger.

The chaps behind the venture know there is a world of wannabee food critics who would see it beneath them to perhaps have a Whopper with Cheese or a Quarter Pounder with cheese, 6 nuggets and a Fillet of Fish on the side. The food is ghastly, the cheese is plastic and it is relatively cheap and it is “fast food” so they could not dare be seen enter the premises.

Raise the price to whatever FG is, sell it as a higher food experience and the beards and check shirts (and Monty) are falling over themselves to get in a take a photo of their food.

They all deserve to be shot.

Oh, I don't blame Five Guys. They have discovered that people are stupid enough to pay restaurant prices while sitting in what feels like a motorway service station. And they don't have to employ waiting staff, clean cutlery or crockery or any of that other expensive shít. wdfgimo.

However, I find it incongruous and don't really enjoy it. It could simply be that I'm too old. Like my granny who would only take us to Wimpy and never McDonald's because Wimpy served their food on plates and with knives and forks.

barrybueno
02-02-2018, 12:52 PM
Chipolatas, cous cous.

Double bacon and onion roll with red sauce. Kin 'andsome

Ash
02-02-2018, 12:58 PM
Like my granny who would only take us to Wimpy and never McDonald's because Wimpy served their food on plates and with knives and forks.

wd your nan. Try getting a proper sausage egg and chips at McDs. And a ketchup dispenser shaped like a tomato.

redgunamo
02-02-2018, 01:00 PM
Oh, I don't blame Five Guys. They have discovered that people are stupid enough to pay restaurant prices while sitting in what feels like a motorway service station. And they don't have to employ waiting staff, clean cutlery or crockery or any of that other expensive shít. wdfgimo.

However, I find it incongruous and don't really enjoy it. It could simply be that I'm too old. Like my granny who would only take us to Wimpy and never McDonald's because Wimpy served their food on plates and with knives and forks.

We had a Wimpy in H-on-T. Lovely. That odd, clipped, ringed sausage.

Burney
02-02-2018, 01:13 PM

Big Bender?

It. Not you.

redgunamo
02-02-2018, 01:24 PM
Big Bender?

It. Not you.

We've all had our moments, haven't we.

Yes, you're surely right, but I always thought it called Cumberland, Cumberland sausage?

Ash
02-02-2018, 01:38 PM

Yes, you're surely right, but I always thought it called Cumberland, Cumberland sausage?

:nono: Some Cumberlands are curved but the arc or spiral does not define them, the slightly peppery recipe does.

redgunamo
02-02-2018, 01:52 PM
:nono: Some Cumberlands are curved but the arc or spiral does not define them, the slightly peppery recipe does.

Ah, yes. I see. Delicious :thumbup:

SWv2
02-02-2018, 01:58 PM

There was one in Caerphilly on the main street. Literally the high point of the whole town and I am including the castle in this.

Burney
02-02-2018, 02:01 PM

I believe this is the Bender