PDA

View Full Version : West Brom reject Arsenal's 'derisory' offer for Jonny Evans

Just Trent
01-31-2018, 10:37 PM
Wasn't that the deal Dick Law was working on? :hehe:

Pat Vegas
02-01-2018, 09:15 AM
I don't mind this actually.
We had a price in mind and they didn't want to sell him so forget it.

It's a bit different if we are bidding 55 million for a player and a small difference wouldn't finish the deal.

PSRB
02-01-2018, 09:56 AM
I don't mind this actually.
We had a price in mind and they didn't want to sell him so forget it.

It's a bit different if we are bidding 55 million for a player and a small difference wouldn't finish the deal.

Plus if WBA get relegated he can leave for £3m in the summer

Luis Anaconda
02-01-2018, 10:00 AM

Yep - look at what happened the last time a northern ****house club accused us of putting in a derisory offer for an average centre half

Sold him for a similarly derisory fee four months later.

And then faded away :wave: Phil Gartside - fat, mouthy arsehole

Pokster
02-01-2018, 10:04 AM
Yep - look at what happened the last time a northern ****house club accused us of putting in a derisory offer for an average centre half

Sold him for a similarly derisory fee four months later.

And then faded away :wave: Phil Gartside - fat, mouthy arsehole

Stop using a Sir C tool for working out what is Northern... West Brom is Southern

Pat Vegas
02-01-2018, 10:05 AM
Stop using a Sir C tool for working out what is Northern... West Brom is Southern

their voices are different so they most be Northern.

Pokster
02-01-2018, 10:07 AM
their voices are different so they most be Northern.

Says the Canadian

Sir C
02-01-2018, 10:07 AM

I have been to West Bromwich. It is an utter shíthole, and therefore northern.

Burney
02-01-2018, 10:08 AM

I've been to West Bromwich and it's definitely northern.

They pronounce 'bath' to rhyme with 'Kath', which makes them northern. FACT.

SWv2
02-01-2018, 10:11 AM

Clearly a half hearted offer (if indeed there even was an offer) by us so no real desire to sign the lad.

Would make no sense from a WBA perspective either as the transfer loss of £10m in the interim is nothing compared to them staying up which can only be assisted by keeping hold of their better players.

The new Arsenal shall just keep it's powder dry and buy somebody in the summer and ship out 1-2 of the currents.

Luis Anaconda
02-01-2018, 10:14 AM
Your view doesn't count - you are practically ****ing Scottish

redgunamo
02-01-2018, 10:18 AM
Clearly a half hearted offer (if indeed there even was an offer) by us so no real desire to sign the lad.

Would make no sense from a WBA perspective either as the transfer loss of £10m in the interim is nothing compared to them staying up which can only be assisted by keeping hold of their better players.

The new Arsenal shall just keep it's powder dry and buy somebody in the summer and ship out 1-2 of the currents.

I'd always rather fancied young Laporte. Atlético's Giménez too.

Pokster
02-01-2018, 10:18 AM
I've been to West Bromwich and it's definitely northern.

They pronounce 'bath' to rhyme with 'Kath', which makes them northern. FACT.

:nono: It just makes them common... so more East End of London

Pokster
02-01-2018, 10:19 AM
Your view doesn't count - you are practically ****ing Scottish

:nono: That is Neg that is ****ing Scottish

Billy Goat Sverige
02-01-2018, 10:21 AM

Twitter ITK type saying we want Löw to take over in the summer. German revolution.

Pat Vegas
02-01-2018, 10:23 AM
Says the Canadian

only there 3 years, my family from Finsbury Park innit

Luis Anaconda
02-01-2018, 10:34 AM
Twitter ITK type saying we want Löw to take over in the summer. German revolution.

Not sure about that - although he loves Özil (as any sane person should) and the feeling is mutual

SWv2
02-01-2018, 10:39 AM
Not sure about that - although he loves Özil (as any sane person should) and the feeling is mutual

Odd one Ozil.

I mean your everyday Arsenal supporter should love him as he simply operates on a different level to most of our players, and when you watch him you cannot fail to appreciate this. He has off days of course, we all do.

Opposition supporters simply don’t get him all the same, nor does your everyday MOTD pundit. There was a comment from PRSB yesterday about how his new deal would annoy MU supporters whereas almost to a man the ones I know think he is a waste man. Not just talking about thick people who don’t get the game either.

redgunamo
02-01-2018, 10:51 AM
Odd one Ozil.

I mean your everyday Arsenal supporter should love him as he simply operates on a different level to most of our players, and when you watch him you cannot fail to appreciate this. He has off days of course, we all do.

Opposition supporters simply don’t get him all the same, nor does your everyday MOTD pundit. There was a comment from PRSB yesterday about how his new deal would annoy MU supporters whereas almost to a man the ones I know think he is a waste man. Not just talking about thick people who don’t get the game either.

It's football, not ballet dancing. Especially since Dennis raised the goal-scoring bar for number 10 Stranieri.

redgunamo
02-01-2018, 11:01 AM
Wasn't that the deal Dick Law was working on? :hehe:

And we also didn't get Auba after all :-(

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
02-01-2018, 11:30 AM

Far be it from me to agree with anything Sir C says, West Brom is definitely norvern. Milton Keynes is norvern and so is St Albans.

Just Trent
02-01-2018, 11:54 AM

Indeed. The new transfer team have certainly made an impact. Running around, selling off squad players and breaking the club's transfer record. It's all probably been quite shocking for Arsene. I wonder if he made his own bid for Evans on the side? Just to take back a hint of control, and to feel that 'sweet rush' of a transfer rejection again.

SWv2
02-01-2018, 12:06 PM
Indeed. The new transfer team have certainly made an impact. Running around, selling off squad players and breaking the club's transfer record. It's all probably been quite shocking for Arsene. I wonder if he made his own bid for Evans on the side? Just to take back a hint of control, and to feel that 'sweet rush' of a transfer rejection again.

The old fool has made desperate attempts to show he is still in control this week, for shame.

A new top class £35m playmaker type footballer, I shall bench him and continue to pick a fúcking retard instead.

A player to leave the club the next day, a vital cog in a multimillion transfer which will result in us breaking our transfer record to sign a very top level striker. No I am going to play him anyway, any potential risk to him getting injured and collapsing the house of cards is irrelevant.

I may not be making the transfers anymore but I still pick the team!!!

Wenger out.

Billy Goat Sverige
02-01-2018, 12:17 PM
The old fool has made desperate attempts to show he is still in control this week, for shame.

A new top class £35m playmaker type footballer, I shall bench him and continue to pick a fúcking retard instead.

A player to leave the club the next day, a vital cog in a multimillion transfer which will result in us breaking our transfer record to sign a very top level striker. No I am going to play him anyway, any potential risk to him getting injured and collapsing the house of cards is irrelevant.

I may not be making the transfers anymore but I still pick the team!!!

Wenger out.

Odds on Aubameyang not starting on the weekend?

SWv2
02-01-2018, 12:19 PM

Not even funny mate.

:-|

I note Guardiola put Laporte in straight away and he was superb by all accounts.

Our Armenian maestro who was already assimilated into the PL and had trained for a week with us needed time.

Wenger out.

IUFG
02-01-2018, 12:27 PM
Wenger out.

Indeed.

but you do know that Chelsea are imminently going to sack Conte and get Ancelotti back in? Such is their perverted reappointing of previously dismissed managers...

We is doomed to at least another season of reckless Wengerball :cry:

SWv2
02-01-2018, 12:31 PM
Indeed.

but you do know that Chelsea are imminently going to sack Conte and get Ancelotti back in? Such is their perverted reappointing of previously dismissed managers...

We is doomed to at least another season of reckless Wengerball :cry:

Chelsea appear to be in a bit of a mess really.

They bemoan the lack of backup options to Morata so they sign a new option, and get rid of the other option so they are exactly as they were.

Funny mind you.

Just Trent
02-01-2018, 12:32 PM

Odds on a Walcott hat-trick?

Viva Prat Vegas
02-01-2018, 12:33 PM
He shot from the edge of the box last night
:yikes:

Luis Anaconda
02-01-2018, 12:34 PM
Chelsea appear to be in a bit of a mess really.

They bemoan the lack of backup options to Morata so they sign a new option, and get rid of the other option so they are exactly as they were.

Funny mind you.

I just don't get why Conte didn't take to the Belgian lad (aside from the fact he was Belgian). Seemed a decent enough player to me

Ash
02-01-2018, 01:11 PM
I have been to West Bromwich. It is an utter shíthole, and therefore northern.

So Deptford, New Cross, Lewisham and Peckham are northern?

Anyway, I used to go through West Brom every day and it's in the Midlands ya daft beasties. The Midlands. :vsign:

Ash
02-01-2018, 01:12 PM
my family from Finsbury Park innit

Welcome back, Jorge. :thumbup:

SWv2
02-01-2018, 01:22 PM
I just don't get why Conte didn't take to the Belgian lad (aside from the fact he was Belgian). Seemed a decent enough player to me

Agree, makes no sense. As a 2nd or 3rd option he was fine.

The Chelsea of 5-10 years ago would simply have matched the Sanchez fee and gone for it.

Luis Anaconda
02-01-2018, 01:43 PM
So Deptford, New Cross, Lewisham and Peckham are northern?

Anyway, I used to go through West Brom every day and it's in the Midlands ya daft beasties. The Midlands. :vsign:

It's bloody far north from here, a

World's End Stella
02-01-2018, 01:55 PM
Agree, makes no sense. As a 2nd or 3rd option he was fine.

The Chelsea of 5-10 years ago would simply have matched the Sanchez fee and gone for it.

Good article in the Tele from Sam Wallace the other day about how constrained Chelsea might be financially because of the stadium.

SWv2
02-01-2018, 02:03 PM
Good article in the Tele from Sam Wallace the other day about how constrained Chelsea might be financially because of the stadium.

Perhaps though off the top of my head they must have spent close to 150m last summer on Rudiger, Bakayoko, Morata and Drinkwater.

Don’t think they are adverse to spending, just appears to be discontent with Madrid also now reported to be mooching around their two best players.

Luis Anaconda
02-01-2018, 02:15 PM
Perhaps though off the top of my head they must have spent close to 150m last summer on Rudiger, Bakayoko, Morata and Drinkwater.

Don’t think they are adverse to spending, just appears to be discontent with Madrid also now reported to be mooching around their two best players.
Funny - I remember some loudmouth on here mocking me for saying that building a new ground could cause a club financial issues in this day and age as the new money from the TV deal and commercial income would cover it. Wish I can remember who it was

Tony C
02-01-2018, 02:26 PM
Shame you can’t remember the date LA...you could use the Wayback machine.

Great for looking at old skool wimb on a slow day imo

Tony C
02-01-2018, 02:30 PM
https://web.archive.org/web/20050129014445/http://www.awimb.com:80/cgi-bin/webbbs_config.pl

AWIMB 13 years ago....look at the top post loooooooool the old days imo :cloud9:

Luis Anaconda
02-01-2018, 02:52 PM
https://web.archive.org/web/20050129014445/http://www.awimb.com:80/cgi-bin/webbbs_config.pl

AWIMB 13 years ago....look at the top post loooooooool the old days imo :cloud9:

Justin Hoyte :yikes: vg t

Hobart looking a decent bet for the Big Bash now. Aussies won't like those uppity islanders winning

PSRB
02-01-2018, 02:59 PM
Odds on a Walcott hat-trick?

He'll do well at Everton, they don't face sides that put 11 men behind the ball every match

Just Trent
02-01-2018, 03:10 PM
He'll do well at Everton, they don't face sides that put 11 men behind the ball every match

:nod: He looked like he was enjoying himself last night. Needed a change of scenery. He should've done it 2-3 years ago.

PSRB
02-01-2018, 03:14 PM
Funny - I remember some loudmouth on here mocking me for saying that building a new ground could cause a club financial issues in this day and age as the new money from the TV deal and commercial income would cover it. Wish I can remember who it was

Spurs stadium running late apparently, certainly not going to be ready for start of next season.

Luis Anaconda
02-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Spurs stadium running late apparently, certainly not going to be ready for start of next season.

Would have put money on that

SWv2
02-01-2018, 05:25 PM

One year on such a massive project always seemed a little optimistic.

PSRB
02-01-2018, 05:26 PM
One year on such a massive project always seemed a little optimistic.

Still hoping the cement cracks and the whole thing crumbles to dust