PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Club

Viva Prat Vegas
01-31-2018, 01:55 PM
The plain chocolate one with the golf ball on the wrapper

Sir C
01-31-2018, 01:59 PM

I've only ever had orange ones. We weren't really allowed things like that when I was growing up. Sweets were still on the ration.

Luis Anaconda
01-31-2018, 02:01 PM

seven iron

Burney
01-31-2018, 02:03 PM
seven iron

Always liked a four iron myself. I could always rely on hitting a four iron straight. Anything bigger than that and it was a 50:50 ball at best.

Burney
01-31-2018, 02:04 PM
I've only ever had orange ones. We weren't really allowed things like that when I was growing up. Sweets were still on the ration.

Currant or plain. My mum knew not to put the orange ones in my lunchbox. :nod:

Luis Anaconda
01-31-2018, 02:05 PM
Always liked a four iron myself. I could always rely on hitting a four iron straight. Anything bigger than that and it was a 50:50 ball at best.

Silly game anyway, b. Liked to use a 7 just to hit the ball around the garden. None of this putting nonsense

Viva Prat Vegas
01-31-2018, 02:06 PM
The sand wedge was a worthy one
Did the job of getting it up and out of the pit
None of that distance and direction complication

Burney
01-31-2018, 02:06 PM
Silly game anyway, b. Liked to use a 7 just to hit the ball around the garden. None of this putting nonsense

It is silly. Not without its pleasures, though. The major problem is the sort of people who play it.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-31-2018, 02:09 PM
I wory for the state of LAs garden

Burney
01-31-2018, 02:13 PM
I wory for the state of LAs garden

If he's whacking a 7 Iron about in it, I'm impressed by the size of it.

Pokster
01-31-2018, 02:14 PM

He might just be ****e at golf and can't hit it more than 10yds

Viva Prat Vegas
01-31-2018, 02:15 PM
How does he get his balls back when they fly over the fence ?

Burney
01-31-2018, 02:16 PM
He might just be ****e at golf and can't hit it more than 10yds

Joey fücking Deacon could hit a 7 Iron more than 10 yards, p.

I used to play pitch and putt with a lad in Wexford who used a 9 iron for everything (including putting) and held the club in a hurling grip (left hand below right in a right handed stance). He was strangely skilful.

Pokster
01-31-2018, 02:17 PM
Joey fücking Deacon could his a 7 Iron more than 10 yards, p.

I used to play pitch and putt with a lad in Wexford who used a 9 iron for everything (including putting) and held the club in a hurling grip (left hand below right in a right handed stance). He was strangely skilful.

I won our club 3 club challenge about 20 yrs ago.... only scored about 5 shots more than normal

SWv2
01-31-2018, 02:18 PM
Joey fücking Deacon could his a 7 Iron more than 10 yards, p.

You really are remarkably Irish.

Wd B.

Pokster
01-31-2018, 02:18 PM
Joey fücking Deacon could hit a 7 Iron more than 10 yards, p.

Perhaps he uses those little plastic balls with holes in

Burney
01-31-2018, 02:19 PM
You really are remarkably Irish.

Wd B.

Oh, dear! Really? :-(

Viva Prat Vegas
01-31-2018, 02:19 PM
The 'lad' played in his wellies and donkey jacket no doubt

Burney
01-31-2018, 02:23 PM
The 'lad' played in his wellies and donkey jacket no doubt

David Keogh his name was. He appalled me once when I was telling him about cricket and I referred to the West Indies, to which he replied, quite innocently 'Those are the nígger lads, right?'

To a young me from multi-ethnic Croydon, the use of the word as a purely descriptive term was profoundly shocking. He'd never met a black person, of course.

SWv2
01-31-2018, 02:28 PM
David Keogh his name was. He appalled me once when I was telling him about cricket and I referred to the West Indies, to which he replied, quite innocently 'Those are the nígger lads, right?'

To a young me from multi-ethnic Croydon, the use of the word as a purely descriptive term was profoundly shocking. He'd never met a black person, of course.

There was a lad where I came from, white chap but one who was deemed to be a little more tanned than the rest of us. That was his nickname.

Saw him just a few weeks ago, driving a taxi. Naturally I would now use his real name.

Did you see Quincy Jones comment’s on Ireland? ****.

Luis Anaconda
01-31-2018, 02:30 PM

This is my childhood home - could barely fit a 7 iron in my current "garden"

Burney
01-31-2018, 02:37 PM
There was a lad where I came from, white chap but one who was deemed to be a little more tanned than the rest of us. That was his nickname.

Saw him just a few weeks ago, driving a taxi. Naturally I would now use his real name.

Did you see Quincy Jones comment’s on Ireland? ****.

No. What did he say?

Rich
01-31-2018, 02:39 PM

Oh for goodness sake! Are you all Philistines???! The mint Club rises above any other variety. I’m not prepared to debate the issue; this is final.

Burney
01-31-2018, 02:40 PM
Oh for goodness sake! Are you all Philistines???! The mint Club rises above any other variety. I’m not prepared to debate the issue; this is final.

Mint biscuits are for cünts, r. This is simply a fact.

SWv2
01-31-2018, 02:48 PM
No. What did he say?

Music producer Quincy Jones says Ireland is 'so racist it's frightening'.

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/music-producer-quincy-jones-says-ireland-is-so-racist-its-frightening-36546295.html

Burney
01-31-2018, 02:52 PM
Music producer Quincy Jones says Ireland is 'so racist it's frightening'.

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/music-producer-quincy-jones-says-ireland-is-so-racist-its-frightening-36546295.html

Yeah. He's not entirely wrong, though, is he?

Jesus, though. Imagine actually wanting to stay with Bono. :-(

IUFG
01-31-2018, 03:18 PM

Fortified up, behind the battlements?

Bonio? Castle? ****.

Sir C
01-31-2018, 03:23 PM

I think I could be extremely comfortable in Bono's castle.

Actually, everyone in the music industry seems to really like him. I suspect he's probably a very nice man. Appearing a little sanctimonious is a crime of which we are all occasionally guilty, no?

World's End Stella
01-31-2018, 03:29 PM
This won.

http://www.clubgascon.com/about.php

Burney
01-31-2018, 03:29 PM
I think I could be extremely comfortable in Bono's castle.

Actually, everyone in the music industry seems to really like him. I suspect he's probably a very nice man. Appearing a little sanctimonious is a crime of which we are all occasionally guilty, no?

Not me, mate. I'm never sanctimonious.

Sir C
01-31-2018, 03:31 PM
Not me, mate. I'm never sanctimonious.

:hehe: Even if that were true, a certain weakness for didacticism is urely equivalent?

Anyways, I can't be doing with hating on Bono or Phil Collins when George Galloway exists.

IUFG
01-31-2018, 03:31 PM
Appearing a little sanctimonious is a crime of which we are all occasionally guilty, no?

Maybe. Although, I have never had a ****ing hat flown by first class to me. Or any class, come to think about it.

Sir C
01-31-2018, 03:32 PM
Maybe. Although, I have never had a ****ing hat flown by first class to me. Or any class, come to think about it.

I had a hat flown back to me from Africa once. :shrug: I love that hat.

It didn't come first class, but had I been able to afford such an extravagance I would no doubt have arranged it such a passage.

IUFG
01-31-2018, 03:36 PM
I had a hat flown back to me from Africa once. :shrug: I love that hat.

It didn't come first class, but had I been able to afford such an extravagance I would no doubt have arranged it such a passage.

You mean you had it posted? That is acceptable.

Buying it a first class seat is the act of an absolute, king-sized ****. FACT!

Viva Prat Vegas
01-31-2018, 03:38 PM
:nod: Bono probably booked the hat a window seat

Sir C
01-31-2018, 03:39 PM
You mean you had it posted? That is acceptable.

Buying it a first class seat is the act of an absolute, king-sized ****. FACT!

Posted? From Africa? :hehe: No, i, I wanted the hat back. I had it collected and carried home.

SWv2
01-31-2018, 03:54 PM
For the record Bono does not live in a castle.

I have no idea about the hat thing.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-31-2018, 03:57 PM

. . . . . .

Burney
01-31-2018, 04:04 PM
:hehe: Even if that were true, a certain weakness for didacticism is urely equivalent?

Anyways, I can't be doing with hating on Bono or Phil Collins when George Galloway exists.

Galloway's now threatening to sue the leader of Momentum for calling him anti-semitic and claims he'll call Jeremy Corbyn as a witness. :hehe:

Burney
01-31-2018, 04:05 PM
. . . . . .

:hehe: This made me guffaw, h.

IUFG
01-31-2018, 04:36 PM
For the record Bono does not live in a castle.

I have no idea about the hat thing.

www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/3634411/Profile-Bono.html

Bonio's a **** :judge: