PDA

View Full Version : How many of you are down wit da yoots when it comes to slang>

World's End Stella
01-31-2018, 09:20 AM
Peng?
Wagwan (or something like that)?
Buff?
Creps?

Who understands these words? Does anyone use 'sick' or 'mad' outside of the normal usage?

:old:

Billy Goat Sverige
01-31-2018, 09:22 AM
Peng?
Buff?
Creps?

Who understands these words? Does anyone use 'sick' or 'mad' outside of the normal usage?

I know them all, rasclart.

Sir C
01-31-2018, 09:26 AM
Peng?
Buff?
Creps?

Certainly. One must remain fully engaged with changes in the language, lest one become a dinosaur, an irrelevant fossil living on the edges of society. It also helps with grooming children on the internet.

Tony C
01-31-2018, 09:34 AM
You still watching Chicken Conniseur Sir C?

Found a better one...

https://youtu.be/xL5tD9ReGVM

Burney
01-31-2018, 09:37 AM
Certainly. One must remain fully engaged with changes in the language, lest one become a dinosaur, an irrelevant fossil living on the edges of society. It also helps with grooming children on the internet.

:nod: Having a 19 year-old daughter helps in this regard.

With the slang, I mean. Not the grooming.

Sir C
01-31-2018, 09:46 AM

Found a better one...

These gentlemen talk funny t :-(

World's End Stella
01-31-2018, 09:48 AM

Found a better one...

Is that the young man who reviews chicken shops all over London while speaking words I can barely understand?

My daughter, son and a mate all visited his highest rated shop up near Finsbury Park, I think.

£2.99 for their chicken strip meal. they raved about how good it was. And there's me having taken them to Manoir Quat Saisons and treated them to caviar, foie gras and pata negra. :-|

World's End Stella
01-31-2018, 09:55 AM
I know them all, rasclart.

Peng is what exactly? Buff sounds good? Creps I believe are shoes or possibly trainers? Wagwan?

Tell me you don't use 'sick' or 'mad' the way the yoots do, BGS? :-( It would be most unbecoming.

Tony C
01-31-2018, 09:55 AM
Correct WES...he’s all about the peng and crepes imo

Burney
01-31-2018, 09:57 AM
Peng is what exactly? Buff sounds good? Creps I believe are shoes or possibly trainers? Wagwan?

Tell me you don't use 'sick' or 'mad' the way the yoots do, BGS? :-( It would be most unbecoming.

Peng = attractive, high-quality, generally excellent
Buff = Attractive, well built, physically toned
Creps = Shoes and derives from crepe soles, I believe.

Burney
01-31-2018, 10:03 AM

Some of these words aren't as new as people think. So, for instance, describing a car as a 'whip' goes back to the 18th century slang for a coach or carriage. 'Gat' for gun goes back to Gatling guns and was used during the prohibition era. 'Beef' to mean argument goes back to the 19th century.

Pokster
01-31-2018, 10:32 AM
Some of these words aren't as new as people think. So, for instance, describing a car as a 'whip' goes back to the 18th century slang for a coach or carriage. 'Gat' for gun goes back to Gatling guns and was used during the prohibition era. 'Beef' to mean argument goes back to the 19th century.

I must be getting :old: never heard a car described as a whp or a gun called a Gat