PDA

View Full Version : Handing in your notice is a lovely feeling, isn't it?

Burney
01-30-2018, 11:08 AM
Very liberating. Also, one's notice period (assuming it's not too long) is always a reasonably fun time, since one is to some extent freed from the requirement to pretend to like certain people or care what they think.

Sir C
01-30-2018, 11:10 AM
Very liberating. Also, one's notice period (assuming it's not too long) is always a reasonably fun time, since one is to some extent freed from the requirement to pretend to like certain people or care what they think.

Are you on the move, old chap? A new and exciting adventure?

Burney
01-30-2018, 11:17 AM
Are you on the move, old chap? A new and exciting adventure?

Well, newish. Back to the old place but in a more senior role.

SWv2
01-30-2018, 11:18 AM

Only ever done it once, 2002. Felt quite nervous from memory.

IUFG
01-30-2018, 11:26 AM

Once you have made up your mind to seek alternative employment, you have effectively left your current place and should feel the same imo. Unless you are some kind of insecure jellyfish.

And when you've handed your notice in you stop 'working' as such and become merely a handover conduit.

Congrats, b, btw

Burney
01-30-2018, 11:27 AM
Once you have made up your mind to seek alternative employment, you have effectively left your current place and should feel the same imo. Unless you are some kind of insecure jellyfish.

And when you've handed your notice in you stop 'working' as such and become merely a handover conduit.

Congrats, b, btw

Your mum's a handover conduit.

Cheers, iufg :-)

Sir C
01-30-2018, 11:29 AM

A predictably meteoric rise, I think we can all agree.

SWv2
01-30-2018, 11:29 AM

Congrats, b, btw

Listen pal, just stop now.

:-|

IUFG
01-30-2018, 11:34 AM
Listen pal, just stop now.

:-|

careful, sw, I might want to reach out to you soon ;-)

Burney
01-30-2018, 11:36 AM
A predictably meteoric rise, I think we can all agree.

:hehe: It means I shall be working with R again, of course. I gave her the heads up about it last week. She laughed. :-)

Sir C
01-30-2018, 11:37 AM
:hehe: It means I shall be working with R again, of course. I gave her the heads up about it last week. She laughed. :-)

Oh, that old place. My word! There's a turn up. Will it be a bit of a commute?

Burney
01-30-2018, 11:41 AM
Oh, that old place. My word! There's a turn up. Will it be a bit of a commute?

It will, but it's worth it and I should be able to work from home reasonably often once I've got settled.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-30-2018, 12:07 PM
Congratulation!
I imagine handing in that notice has put a spring in your step
Have you been humming The Sun Has Got His Hat On ?
4 weeks

Burney
01-30-2018, 12:12 PM
Congratulation!
I imagine handing in that notice has put a spring in your step
Have you been humming The Sun Has Got His Hat On ?
4 weeks

Indeed. It's particularly gratifying as they thought I was on three months' notice and the revelation that I was actually only on a month's and that they are now looking down the barrel of producing an awful lot of editorial pages in the month after I leave without an editor to plan, write or commission them has caused no small degree of utter fücking panic. :hehe:

Luis Anaconda
01-30-2018, 12:37 PM
Indeed. It's particularly gratifying as they thought I was on three months' notice and the revelation that I was actually only on a month's and that they are now looking down the barrel of producing an awful lot of editorial pages in the month after I leave without an editor to plan, write or commission them has caused no small degree of utter fücking panic. :hehe:

Really - I've always found when the big boss is out of town then that is the most productive time, they just come back and change every****ingthing because they can. Sure you weren't like that of course, b ;)

Burney
01-30-2018, 12:42 PM
Really - I've always found when the big boss is out of town then that is the most productive time, they just come back and change every****ingthing because they can. Sure you weren't like that of course, b ;)

No. Although my next role is as an editorial director, so - given that I've always loathed and resented editorial directors interfering with my business - I have to assume that every editor in my new place will fücking hate me. :hehe:

Luis Anaconda
01-30-2018, 12:51 PM
No. Although my next role is as an editorial director, so - given that I've always loathed and resented editorial directors interfering with my business - I have to assume that every editor in my new place will fücking hate me. :hehe:

oh god yes - even the title spells trouble. Good luck with this project, b

barrybueno
01-30-2018, 01:36 PM

Not back to Selsdon is it?

Pat Vegas
01-30-2018, 01:38 PM

You are Aubameyang!