PDA

View Full Version : Has Guillem Balague ever been right about anything?

Pat Vegas
01-29-2018, 02:07 PM
he seems always behind the times and whatever he says usually the opposite happens. or he updates his story later.

PSRB
01-29-2018, 02:09 PM
he seems always behind the times and whatever he says usually the opposite happens. or he updates his story later.

Usually, although he has been on board with the whole PEA signing since the beginning.

I'm still not going to be happy until Ozil and Jack have re-signed

Pat Vegas
01-29-2018, 02:12 PM
Usually, although he has been on board with the whole PEA signing since the beginning.

:nod: though I notice a big difference with Ozil's goal celebrations than sulky sanchez.

If we can sign them now it would be a quite tremendous transfer window.

SWv2
01-29-2018, 02:14 PM

He has morphed over the years from being a studio pundit on Spanish football, perhaps one with a slight degree of inside knowledge at time, to an expert on all big transfers. Sky rolled him out the other day for his inside special on Aubameyang and he simply recounted what the papers were saying, but in a foreign accent so it sounded better.

Monty92
01-29-2018, 02:22 PM
He has morphed over the years from being a studio pundit on Spanish football, perhaps one with a slight degree of inside knowledge at time, to an expert on all big transfers. Sky rolled him out the other day for his inside special on Aubameyang and he simply recounted what the papers were saying, but in a foreign accent so it sounded better.

makes everything sound worse.

Rich
01-29-2018, 02:23 PM
:nod: though I notice a big difference with Ozil's goal celebrations than sulky sanchez.

If we can sign them now it would be a quite tremendous transfer window.

I see Wenger has been firing digs at Sanchez:

On Mikhitaryan 'I am very excited to work with a player who is committed and focused'

'I think we performed better due to clarity in the squad'

Ash
01-29-2018, 02:25 PM
'I think we performed better due to clarity in the squad'

"Will you be signing a new contract, Arsene?

Luis Anaconda
01-29-2018, 02:26 PM

Lives in England and has done for some years I think. Not really sure he has the contacts in Spain that he used to

Billy Goat Sverige
01-29-2018, 02:26 PM
Funnily enough he was the first to mention Aubameyang :hehe:

SWv2
01-29-2018, 02:27 PM
Whereas your own foreign accent makes everything sound worse.

Thanks M.

My point is valid all the same. Let's be honest, Wenger at times talks a lot of unmitigated bollócks but the suave Gallic accent makes you think it is clever and deep, utterances beyond your everyday English type.

Monty92
01-29-2018, 02:28 PM

Hard question to answer if it depends on how the season finishes.

SWv2
01-29-2018, 02:31 PM
Funnily enough he was the first to mention Aubameyang :hehe:

Surely that was Darmesh Sheth or whatever his fúcking name is.

Now there is a clown.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat

If he wins the Milk Cup but finishes 6th is that enough? 4th and neither the MC or the UEFA would probably be though...

Ash
Whereas your own foreign accent makes everything sound worse.

:nono:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39210000/jpg/_39210638_cole203.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/75/56/77/755677a5b069950a48a46b5828dc8405---fingers.jpg

Ash
01-29-2018, 02:32 PM
Hard question to answer if it depends on how the season finishes.

Judge me in May.

Rich
01-29-2018, 02:34 PM

To be fair, not sure who else there is out there that could do a good job. Besides, it seems that he has been more open to reform with the chap from Dortmund coming in, Huss Fahmy and the new football director that comes in from Barca on Thursday*

*- Rumour has it that he was involved in setting up the Aubameyang deal, though.

Monty92
Judge me in May.

Indeed. Amazing what a deserved cup final victory over the Champions will do.

SWv2
:nono:

:-\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuEJRSmRx0c

Billy Goat Sverige
01-29-2018, 02:35 PM
Surely that was Darmesh Sheth or whatever his fúcking name is.

Now there is a clown.

They have some bloke on twitter SkyKav or whatever the **** it is, he basically tweets “breaking news” about 5 minutes after it’s first reported and adds the “SKy Sources” bit to it. ****ing ****.

01-29-2018, 02:37 PM
:-\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuEJRSmRx0c

:hehe: turn on the subtitles...

Viva Prat Vegas
01-29-2018, 02:38 PM
Turn on the Hilarious button too :-/

SWv2
01-29-2018, 02:40 PM
:hehe: turn on the subtitles...

I would like to make it clear that I sound nothing like this chap, nor does any person I class as a friend.

Led to believe he was indeed hamming it up somewhat.

01-29-2018, 02:44 PM
I would like to make it clear that I sound nothing like this chap, nor does any person I class as a friend.

To be sure...

Ash
01-29-2018, 02:47 PM

Sounded a wee bit Scotch to me. Probably a Lutheran.

Been a few years since we had this bloke on here though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOUeauLWEaE