PDA

View Full Version : So Aubameyang will be our latest somersault****. A tenner for anyone

Monty92
01-29-2018, 10:22 AM
who can name three others...?

Peter
01-29-2018, 10:25 AM
who can include three others...?

What is a somersault ****?

Burney
01-29-2018, 10:25 AM
who can include three others...?

Christopher Wreh is the one who springs (ha!) to mind.

Monty92
01-29-2018, 10:26 AM
What is a somersault ****?

A player who performs somersaults as part of their goal celebrations.

Pat Vegas
01-29-2018, 10:27 AM
A player who performs somersaults as part of their goal celebrations.

I remember Lualua's won against us :hehe:

Monty92
01-29-2018, 10:31 AM

Yes and of course Eboue. But something in my head is also screaming Eddie McGoldrick????

Sir C
01-29-2018, 10:31 AM
who can name three others...?

Well if he scores as freely as our other recent big money striker, we'll get to see about 3 somersaults a year.

Whoo. Pee.

Ash
01-29-2018, 10:33 AM
Whoo. Pee.

Is that a town you stayed at in Nam?

Welcome home.

Sir C
01-29-2018, 10:36 AM
Is that a town you stayed at in Nam?

Welcome home.

ty, a. This time yesterday I was queueing in the rain for a glimpse of Ho Chi Minh's embalmed corpse. Great timez indeed.

Tony C
01-29-2018, 10:43 AM
Apparently he likes to put on batman masks when he scores...heaven help us imo

Burney
01-29-2018, 10:46 AM
Yes and of course Eboue. But something in my head is also screaming Eddie McGoldrick????

I only remember McGoldrick scoring one for us - against Standard Liege in the season we won the CWC. Don't remember a somersault, though.

Burney
01-29-2018, 10:47 AM
ty, a. This time yesterday I was queueing in the rain for a glimpse of Ho Chi Minh's embalmed corpse. Great timez indeed.

How was he looking? Bit waxy?

Sir C
01-29-2018, 10:49 AM
How was he looking? Bit waxy?

He looked remarkably well, considering. I think the lighting was very carefully arranged.

Apparently he gets sent to Russia every November for maintenance. If those Russkies had any sense of humour at all they'd fit him with some servo motors so that at random intervals he'd sit up in his bed and wave, or do a song and dance routine. Make him a bit more entertaining, you know.

Burney
01-29-2018, 10:51 AM
He looked remarkably well, considering. I think the lighting was very carefully arranged.

Apparently he gets sent to Russia every November for maintenance. If those Russkies had any sense of humour at all they'd fit him with some servo motors so that at random intervals he'd sit up in his bed and wave, or do a song and dance routine. Make him a bit more entertaining, you know.

:nod: Like the fellow in that Tom Sharpe book.

Sir C
01-29-2018, 10:54 AM
:nod: Like the fellow in that Tom Sharpe book.

'More lights!' :hehe:

Burney
01-29-2018, 10:56 AM
'More lights!' :hehe:

How many Banh Mi did you consume over there in the end?

Sir C
01-29-2018, 11:00 AM
How many Banh Mi did you consume over there in the end?

:-( I'm a bit ashamed to think about it, but I must have averaged 2 a day.

One morning I had 5 at breakfast time :-(

Interestingly, banh mis in the north are shít. Just paté, no roast pork, no coriander and no pickles :shrug:

I found some remarkable dishes: a caramelised pork dish like hong shao rou but better, and a breakfast number called banh mi op la; a baguette served with two fried eggs, a steak and a lump of paté :cloud9: Also, several noodle soups which are mush better than pho.

Burney
01-29-2018, 11:06 AM
:-( I'm a bit ashamed to think about it, but I must have averaged 2 a day.

One morning I had 5 at breakfast time

Interestingly, banh mis in the north are shít. Just paté, no roast pork, no coriander and no pickles :shrug:

I found some remarkable dishes: a caramelised pork dish like hong shao rou but better, and a breakfast number called banh mi op la; a baguette served with two fried eggs, a steak and a lump of paté :cloud9: Also, several noodle soups which are mush better than pho.

Five at breakfast is a very special effort indeed! :clap:

Clearly northern banh mis are commie and therefore rubbish. The south clearly retains some of the values of capitalism

Sir C
01-29-2018, 11:13 AM
Five at breakfast is a very special effort indeed! :clap:

Clearly northern banh mis are commie and therefore rubbish. The south clearly retains some of the values of capitalism

They're pretty small, to be fair, but five is still fúcking ridiculous.

Given the 'Nam's status as one of the last remaining communist states, it's remarkable quite how many Rolls Royces and Ferraris one sees in Hanoi :clap:

Burney
01-29-2018, 11:14 AM

I looked up the goal in question and he celebrated it in a Shearer style by running towards the Arsenal fans with his finger pointing skywards.

I've an odd feeling Ian Selley may have scored in that game as well. We won 0-7.

Luis Anaconda
01-29-2018, 11:26 AM
I looked up the goal in question and he celebrated it in a Shearer style by running towards the Arsenal fans with his finger pointing skywards.

I've an odd feeling Ian Selley may have scored in that game as well. We won 0-7.

He did indeed - one of six English scorers :yikes: and an Islington-born Irishman

Viva Prat Vegas
01-29-2018, 11:27 AM
The third Arsenal sumersaultist is one Georgie Graham
8-)

Burney
01-29-2018, 11:29 AM
He did indeed - one of six English scorers :yikes: and an Islington-born Irishman

Fücking hell. McGoldrick and Selley score in a 0-7 away thrashing by a notoriously low-scoring Arsenal team that didn't even include Ian Wright.

Just how bad must Standard Liege have been? :yikes:

Viva Prat Vegas
01-29-2018, 11:34 AM
:hehe:
He was always one booking away from suspension in that campaign so George left him out where he could
Took a chance on him in the semi-final 2nd leg and gets suspended for the Final
:cry:

Rich
01-29-2018, 11:35 AM

Wreah's one was quite advanced, iirc. I'm sure there was a half pike in there as well. PEA's one is a little underwhelming when compared.

Are we sure it was Wreah and not Boa Morte, though? :thinking:

Luis Anaconda
01-29-2018, 11:35 AM
:hehe:
He was always one booking away from suspension in that campaign so George left him out where he could
Took a chance on him in the semi-final 2nd leg and gets suspended for the Final
:cry:

Still won :)

Luis Anaconda
01-29-2018, 11:38 AM
Fücking hell. McGoldrick and Selley score in a 0-7 away thrashing by a notoriously low-scoring Arsenal team that didn't even include Ian Wright.

We scored just four more goals in the subsequent games to win the tournament.

Burney
01-29-2018, 11:39 AM
We scored just four more goals in the subsequent games to win the tournament.

:hehe: 1-0 Torino, 2-1 PSG and 1-0 Parma wasn't it?

Luis Anaconda
01-29-2018, 11:40 AM
Wreah's one was quite advanced, iirc. I'm sure there was a half pike in there as well. PEA's one is a little underwhelming when compared.

Are we sure it was Wreah and not Boa Morte, though? :thinking:
I do love how you are combining the names of Wreh and Weah. This was Wreh's though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsTpBIYJQ9k

Burney
01-29-2018, 11:42 AM
I do love how you are combining the names of Wreh and Weah. This was Wreh's though

My autocorrect wanted to change it to Christopher Wren, which was a bit confusing.

Rich
01-29-2018, 11:43 AM

Oh, it's not quite as pleasing as I remember it. Still, at least it's a double.

If Auba puts on a Batman mask while playing for us them I'm not supporting the club until he leaves.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-29-2018, 11:47 AM
Wreh performed a better somersault against Wimbledon
Nearer a 10 than a 9

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
01-29-2018, 12:17 PM
I remember Lualua's won against us :hehe:

Still...no where near as good as Temur Ketsabia's goal celebration. No need for a twisty turny things in midair when you can repeatedly kick the advertising boards :-)

Luis Anaconda
01-29-2018, 12:40 PM
My autocorrect wanted to change it to Christopher Wren, which was a bit confusing.

More an architect goals than a scorer, Would have done well at Hamburg' second team

SWv2
01-29-2018, 12:43 PM
I only remember McGoldrick scoring one for us - against Standard Liege in the season we won the CWC. Don't remember a somersault, though.

Quite a strike it was also.

Utterly useless shít**** all the same, but very much of the time (we had a few of them).

IUFG
01-29-2018, 12:54 PM

with hindsight, some of their defending is positively Arenalesque. Particularly the Selley and Campbell wons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8vl8WxFMXE