PDA

View Full Version : We're not gonna sign him, are we? Why get everyone's hopes up and then refuse to pay

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
01-26-2018, 12:09 PM
what he's worth? He's practically a goal a game striker in a top league. They only do it to annoy me.

Pat Vegas
01-26-2018, 12:13 PM
what he's worth? He's practically a goal a game striker in a top league. They only do it to annoy me.

Arsenal do business the right way.

or so I have been told

Luis Anaconda
01-26-2018, 12:20 PM

98 goals in 143 isn't practicallly a goal a game. It isn't a top league. You don't know what Dortmund are demanding. He's a bit of a **** anyway. I would be delighted if we signed him though

SWv2
01-26-2018, 12:22 PM

Media reports suggest the issue is partly related to Giroud and then conflicting reports on this also – him not willing to go there which we can do fúck all about, or us not wanting to include him in the deal.

I expect like any normal bloke you will be monitoring the Bundesliga line-ups around 13:30-13:45 tomorrow. If he plays then I think you can assume talks are not going great at which point we can all point the finger at Team Ivan.

Luis Anaconda
01-26-2018, 12:28 PM
Media reports suggest the issue is partly related to Giroud and then conflicting reports on this also – him not willing to go there which we can do fúck all about, or us not wanting to include him in the deal.

I expect like any normal bloke you will be monitoring the Bundesliga line-ups around 13:30-13:45 tomorrow. If he plays then I think you can assume talks are not going great at which point we can all point the finger at Team Ivan.
If they were demanding Giroud then we are quite right to walk away though - I don't have a problem with that. Millions of ****s on Twitter will though - they should be shot

Peter
01-26-2018, 12:31 PM

or so I have been told

Indeed. Its just the football side of things we keep ****ing up on. The business is going very well indeed.

Peter
01-26-2018, 12:33 PM
If they were demanding Giroud then we are quite right to walk away though - I don't have a problem with that. Millions of ****s on Twitter will though - they should be shot

I dont have a problem with Giroud going if its a swap for this chap. I just dont think signing this guy is going to solve anything so I dont really care whether we sign him or not.

Rich
01-26-2018, 12:38 PM

or so I have been told

To be fair, Dortmund are trying to pull our pants down. 58m for a 29 year old???!

I'm glad we're telling them that it's 50m or we walk away.

They'll accept 50m on deadline day and we'll then change the offer to 45m.

Pokster
01-26-2018, 12:40 PM
To be fair, Dortmund are trying to pull our pants down. 58m for a 29 year old???!

How old in Sanchez? And what price would he have been if we hadn't ****ed up the contract situation.

PEA is 28

SWv2
01-26-2018, 12:41 PM

I have no idea what is going on as I had thought our willingness to let OG go there was a key factor in our favour.

FTR I couldn’t care less if he leaves us in this case. Change can be a good thing and the past 6 months have seen us moving out some players I see as being dispensable (as long as they are replaced where needed).

SWv2
01-26-2018, 12:42 PM

Sanchez. £60m, last August.

Maybe he was 28 then which makes it okay?

We want to buy. They don’t need to sell. Kind of how football transfers work.

Pat Vegas
01-26-2018, 12:51 PM

Do they really want him or not? seems a lot of money for a take it or leave it offer. We ****ed about plenty of times in the past and annoyed clubs. :Saurez:
So if Arsenal are in the market for this type of player leaving it to deadline day is a good idea?

Plus Dortmund need to bring in a player if they sell him. If Giroud isn't included in the deal they won't want to sell him last second.

Rich
01-26-2018, 01:00 PM
Do they really want him or not? seems a lot of money for a take it or leave it offer. We ****ed about plenty of times in the past and annoyed clubs. :Saurez:
So if Arsenal are in the market for this type of player leaving it to deadline day is a good idea?

Plus Dortmund need to bring in a player if they sell him. If Giroud isn't included in the deal they won't want to sell him last second.

Well that’s why we’ll probably miss out. I’d like us to sign him but think Evans is more important. Not the end of the world If we do miss out.

01-26-2018, 01:14 PM
98 goals in 143 isn't practicallly a goal a game. It isn't a top league. You don't know what Dortmund are demanding. He's a bit of a **** anyway. I would be delighted if we signed him though

I thought he had two less goals than games this season. I mean, that Bayern forward's meant to be all right and our lad's scored more than him.

I don't know what Dortmnd are demanding, though the figures mentioned have been quite consistent.

I hate to agree with Mourinho, but if you want players, you have to pay for them. Why did we think we could get him cheap? Why not see if they will sell first and then agree terms with the player?

I just think it will put everyone on a downer and people might then blame LaK7. It would have been better not to get our hopes up if they weren't prepared to pay the money.

01-26-2018, 01:16 PM
I dont have a problem with Giroud going if its a swap for this chap. I just dont think signing this guy is going to solve anything so I dont really care whether we sign him or not.

I like goals. And we haven't had enough this term. So if he could get a few we wouldn't otherwise have scored, I'll be happy.

The buying the players we actually need can wait until the summer.

Luis Anaconda
01-26-2018, 01:28 PM
Indeed. Its just the football side of things we keep ****ing up on. The business is going very well indeed.

Yeah - we're rubbish as we enter our fourth Wembley in 5 years. Do get a grip ffs

Ash
01-26-2018, 01:28 PM

The Suarez thing is a myth. A release clause gets triggered by a fixed sum, and is not a bid. If the player wants to go to the club waving the monies, he goes, without a transfer fee negotiation but Suarez didn't.

Quite why the myth about Arsenal 'incompetence' and 'insults' persists is strange.

Luis Anaconda
01-26-2018, 01:30 PM
I thought he had two less goals than games this season. I mean, that Bayern forward's meant to be all right and our lad's scored more than him.

I don't know what Dortmnd are demanding, though the figures mentioned have been quite consistent.

I hate to agree with Mourinho, but if you want players, you have to pay for them. Why did we think we could get him cheap? Why not see if they will sell first and then agree terms with the player?

I just think it will put everyone on a downer and people might then blame LaK7. It would have been better not to get our hopes up if they weren't prepared to pay the money.

Last two seasons he has indeed been ****ing incredible. And kudos for the Lak7 :)

eastgermanautos
01-26-2018, 01:32 PM

Chill out. You don't know how the negotiations are going. Dortmund is probably leveraging their position through the newspapers, esp since Alexis has already left. I'd do the same.

Peter
01-26-2018, 01:56 PM
Yeah - we're rubbish as we enter our fourth Wembley in 5 years. Do get a grip ffs

Oh, I see. A League Cup final and top six is our new measure of success. Welcome back to 1987.....

Peter
01-26-2018, 01:57 PM
Chill out. You don't know how the negotiations are going. Dortmund is probably leveraging their position through the newspapers, esp since Alexis has already left. I'd do the same.

Newcastle fans are doing something similar- currentlyblaming Ashley for not paying what a club wants for their player.

It isnt really how it works :p

Pat Vegas
01-26-2018, 01:57 PM
The Suarez thing is a myth. A release clause gets triggered by a fixed sum, and is not a bid. If the player wants to go to the club waving the monies, he goes, without a transfer fee negotiation but Suarez didn't.

Quite why the myth about Arsenal 'incompetence' and 'insults' persists is strange.

There have been a few 'failed' bids in recent years for different players. a lot of it may be rubbish.

Though allowing Sanchez and Ozil going into this season in their last year of a contract is a bit bad.

Peter
01-26-2018, 02:00 PM
There have been a few 'failed' bids in recent years for different players. a lot of it may be rubbish.

Though allowing Sanchez and Ozil going into this season in their last year of a contract is a bit bad.

They are two very different situations though.... with those two players you have individuals who can do a lot better than. Being in the Europa League and can earn a lot more elsewhere. It is always going to be difficult to get players in that situation to sign on again.

Curious decision to let them both remain last summer but there you go...

SWv2
01-26-2018, 02:04 PM
They are two very different situations though.... with those two players you have individuals who can do a lot better than. Being in the Europa League and can earn a lot more elsewhere. It is always going to be difficult to get players in that situation to sign on again.

Curious decision to let them both remain last summer but there you go...

We did try to sell one but messed it up.

Which in turn goes back to Ash's question about how or why we are often referenced with "incompetence" in the transfer area.

I do still think there is reputational damage in this respect from the Suarez issue though ultimately (as Ash has said) the fundamental issue there was that L Suarez had no desire to join us.

Peter
01-26-2018, 02:09 PM

Which in turn goes back to Ash's question about how or why we are often referenced with "incompetence" in the transfer area.

I do still think there is reputational damage in this respect from the Suarez issue though ultimately (as Ash has said) the fundamental issue there was that L Suarez had no desire to join us.

I think that is as much to do with what we dont do. THe summer we only signed Cech, the next summer where it dragged on for months before we signed Mustafi and Perez (a curious move all on its own). THe summer we forgot to sign a centre back, the millions of summers where we didnt strengthen our midfield.

It isnt necessarily incompetence but I do think some of our behaviour in the market over the last five years has been pretty difficult to understand from outside.

Luis Anaconda
01-26-2018, 02:16 PM
I think that is as much to do with what we dont do. THe summer we only signed Cech, the next summer where it dragged on for months before we signed Mustafi and Perez (a curious move all on its own). THe summer we forgot to sign a centre back, the millions of summers where we didnt strengthen our midfield.

It isnt necessarily incompetence but I do think some of our behaviour in the market over the last five years has been pretty difficult to understand from outside.

We didn't forget to sign a centre back - we have 5, plus the excellent Monreal, ffs. If you mean we should have signed someone better, name some names - not a lot of quality out there tbh. Maybe Michael Keane for 30 million :shrug:

Ash
01-26-2018, 02:28 PM

I wouldn't say with any certainty that our club has never fallen short of the competency requirements, just that the Suarez affair is not a good example.

Some fans are hammering the club for not selling those two last summer. The same people, I expect in many cases, who lambasted the club for selling our best payers in the past.

Lose lose imo.

SWv2
01-26-2018, 02:33 PM

Perez was curious.

I am willing to allow you that and that alone.

Ash
01-26-2018, 02:34 PM

Yes, if we have two super-expensive strikers is there room for Olly in the squard? Is it not one-in one-out in terms of slots and salaries?

I am wondering slightly whether Ivan and his boys breezed over to Dortmund with Giroud in their briefcase, as it were, ready to put on the table, only for Veng to veto it as a chance to reassert his authority against the coup. :watson: #Shenanigans

SWv2
01-26-2018, 02:35 PM
I wouldn't say with any certainty that our club has never fallen short of the competency requirements, just that the Suarez affair is not a good example.

Some fans are hammering the club for not selling those two last summer. The same people, I expect in many cases, who lambasted the club for selling our best payers in the past.

Lose lose imo.

A lot of whom I suspect were arguing the case to keep them last summer. There was a definite majority who were of this view.

I wanted to sell both which is both :cloud9: and :-\ at the same time.

7sisters
01-26-2018, 02:57 PM

I can't work out if it's sour grapes from other managers, or not.
Bayern is usually the natural home for Dortmund's elite and they wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

That silver Porshe is pure Adebayor and look what a c unt he turned out to be.
I'd definitely still take a punt on the lad.

Luis Anaconda
01-26-2018, 03:05 PM
I can't work out if it's sour grapes from other managers, or not.
Bayern is usually the natural home for Dortmund's elite and they wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

That silver Porshe is pure Adebayor and look what a c unt he turned out to be.
I'd definitely still take a punt on the lad.
tbf Bayern have probably got the best pure centre forward in the world, but Heynckes has come out and said they don't want him as well which was an odd step

Peter
01-26-2018, 04:19 PM
We didn't forget to sign a centre back - we have 5, plus the excellent Monreal, ffs. If you mean we should have signed someone better, name some names - not a lot of quality out there tbh. Maybe Michael Keane for 30 million :shrug:

I wasn't referring to this summer. I meant the summer where we were forced to sign Gabriel in the following January because we had left ourselves with only chambers as cover.

The excellent monreal :hehe::hehe:

Peter
01-26-2018, 04:20 PM
Perez was curious.

I am willing to allow you that and that alone.

Very kind of you.

Ash
01-26-2018, 04:44 PM
The excellent monreal :hehe::hehe:

That be fighting talk in some quarters, my friend. :driving:

:fight:

taxman10
01-26-2018, 05:12 PM
It’s not hard though is it? The spurs model is actually quite clever, new contract for more money every couple of years means you never get to a point where players are running their contract down

Peter
01-26-2018, 05:42 PM
It’s not hard though is it? The spurs model is actually quite clever, new contract for more money every couple of years means you never get to a point where players are running their contract down

Far easier to do when they are home grown (Kane) or were bought for peanuts (Delli Ali) as you are starting from a lower base. If you pay someone 150 grand from the start you cant jump up hugelyevery couple of years. Anyway, one assumes we did try to get Sanchez and Ozil to sign two summers ago and they refused. I doubt very much that we leave it until the summer where they have one year left. If we do, we are totally ****ing incompetent.

Tony C
01-26-2018, 10:39 PM
fancy bidding £40m for a striker like him in today’s market.

Would price him in the £90m to £110m range.

Guess Arsenal want him but don’t want to overpay so trying to find the right price.

If push comes to shove then I’m happy for Giroud to join Chelsea to help get more funds in.

Billy Goat Sverige
01-27-2018, 09:41 AM

Juventus paid £75m for Higuaín who was also not 29.

barrybueno
01-27-2018, 11:51 AM
Juventus paid £75m for Higuaín who was also not 29.

Stop it Bill, this is Awimb, no room for actual facts and ****.

And do you really have to have a pic of yourself in your favourite jeans?

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
01-27-2018, 03:13 PM
Stop it Bill, this is Awimb, no room for actual facts and ****.

And do you really have to have a pic of yourself in your favourite jeans?

He's started for Dortmund.
WEGNER OUT!!!!!1111eleven