PDA

View Full Version : This numberwang business. I know these things take time

Pat Vegas
01-26-2018, 09:24 AM
but we do seem to make things rather complicated.

Will we sign him?

Luis Anaconda
01-26-2018, 09:26 AM

Will we sign him?

Personally I would rather stick with Lacazette and Giroud than risk the losing the latter (as opposed to the Laca)

Pat Vegas
01-26-2018, 09:29 AM
Personally I would rather stick with Lacazette and Giroud than risk the losing the latter (as opposed to the Laca)

I like Laca, I hope he is a success at the club. it's always going to be difficult for him the way we play.

I may be wrong but one of the weaker links of the team is Iwobi imo.

Where does MKH fit?

Burney
01-26-2018, 09:32 AM

Will we sign him?

when does the window slam shut, f?

I said: When. Does. The. Window. Slam. Shut?

Pat Vegas
01-26-2018, 09:34 AM
when does the window slam shut, f?

I said: When. Does. The. Window. Slam. Shut?

11pm on Wednesday I think.

Burney
01-26-2018, 09:44 AM
11pm on Wednesday I think.

:hehe: How is the ear, anyway?

SWv2
01-26-2018, 09:44 AM

Controversial.

The whole thing is slightly odd, has been since day one. Still Wenger is in the clear here, it will be the new transfer team that look like dícks if it all falls down.

Luis Anaconda
01-26-2018, 09:49 AM
I like Laca, I hope he is a success at the club. it's always going to be difficult for him the way we play.

I may be wrong but one of the weaker links of the team is Iwobi imo.

Where does MKH fit?

Anywhere he wants to - simply a wonderful football, p. And I said that when he went to United. Harsh on Iwobi though - thought he was excellent in both Chelsea games. The Armenian will take his place

SWv2
01-26-2018, 09:53 AM
Anywhere he wants to - simply a wonderful football, p. And I said that when he went to United. Harsh on Iwobi though - thought he was excellent in both Chelsea games. The Armenian will take his place

:nod:

United fan commented to me the other night that I had continually been of this voice while questioning his relative failure at United. Been a while since an arrival in N5 has quite got my attention.

Iwobi will drop down, impossible really to argue against though still a role to play.

Wenger has some tough calls (especially if Aubameyang arrives). There is a decent argument for leaving out the Welsh though a tricky one to manage given his contract situation.

Luis Anaconda
01-26-2018, 10:01 AM

United fan commented to me the other night that I had continually been of this voice while questioning his relative failure at United. Been a while since an arrival in N5 has quite got my attention.

Iwobi will drop down, impossible really to argue against though still a role to play.

Wenger has some tough calls (especially if Aubameyang arrives). There is a decent argument for leaving out the Welsh though a tricky one to manage given his contract situation.

Jack, Mesut and 9 others - not that hard :)

Billy Goat Sverige
01-26-2018, 10:04 AM

The midfield two has to be Jack and Elneny really.

Luis Anaconda
01-26-2018, 10:07 AM
The midfield two has to be Jack and Elneny really.

Where does Johnny Evans fit in though?

SWv2
01-26-2018, 10:13 AM

B71 4LF

Ash
01-26-2018, 10:14 AM

If only the notion of fighting for one's place in the team was in the skill-set of the contemporary footballer.

Billy Goat Sverige
01-26-2018, 10:14 AM

Good question. Either Kos is completely ****ed in the Achilles area or he still sees Mustafi somewhere else other than Arsenal. There’s a third option which involves a back three but talking about that upsets me so we will leave it there.

PSRB
01-26-2018, 10:15 AM

Won't be happy at all if we lose Giroud!

IUFG
01-26-2018, 10:19 AM
AHarsh on Iwobi though - thought he was excellent in both Chelsea games.

Iwobi reminds me of Hleb. All trickery and no end product.

He can get some practice in the reserves for a couple of seasons now HM is here imo

Luis Anaconda
01-26-2018, 10:20 AM

Nope - decent experienced option from the bench. Missed him recently

IUFG
01-26-2018, 10:22 AM

He is killing Nketiah. probably.

Agreed, we should keep the preening ****. Especially since the alternative is Welbeck.

Luis Anaconda
01-26-2018, 10:22 AM
Iwobi reminds me of Hleb. All trickery and no end product.

He can get some practice in the reserves for a couple of seasons now HM is here imo

You never really watched Hleb then. Ridiculous how underrated he was, mostly because he played the ball before the ball that set up the goal. To say there was no end-product from him is silly

SWv2
01-26-2018, 10:24 AM

I expect the summer WC may be key here.

The lad Deschamps likes him but then the lad Deschamps is hardly short of options.

IUFG
01-26-2018, 10:25 AM
You never really watched Hleb then. Ridiculous how underrated he was, mostly because he played the ball before the ball that set up the goal. To say there was no end-product from him is silly

I suppose it is the running around in circles, then up their own arses that is comparable. ;-)

Hleb could have, should have, been so much more successful for the Arsenal. Had his head turned by those loathsome Catalonian ****s

SWv2

Pre-assist is the term now pal.

Please try to keep up.

Burney

I was talking to a Chelsea fan the other day and he thinks Giroud is exactly the sort of player they need. :shrug:

I did point out to him that he's not a 90 minute player.

PSRB
01-26-2018, 10:28 AM
I was talking to a Chelsea fan the other day and he thinks Giroud is exactly the sort of player they need. :shrug:

I did point out to him that he's not a 90 minute player.

A couple of United fans think he'd be excellent for them as well.

PSRB
01-26-2018, 10:35 AM
He is killing Nketiah. probably.

Agreed, we should keep the preening ****. Especially since the alternative is Welbeck.

Yeah, I'm struggling with that thought.

Ash
01-26-2018, 10:36 AM
Pre-assist is the term now pal.

Please try to keep up.

Not any more, my friend. :nono:

xG Chain

Luis Anaconda
01-26-2018, 10:37 AM
I suppose it is the running around in circles, then up their own arses that is comparable. ;-)

Hleb could have, should have, been so much more successful for the Arsenal. Had his head turned by those loathsome Catalonian ****s

I would say Iwobi is pretty direct - just gives everything straight to the opposition (lovely ball for our second on Wednesday mind)

PSRB
01-26-2018, 10:39 AM
I would say Iwobi is pretty direct - just gives everything straight to the opposition (lovely ball for our second on Wednesday mind)

The only thing he did well all match

SWv2
01-26-2018, 10:39 AM
Not any more, my friend. :nono:

xG Chain

What the sweet baby Jesus is that?

Luis Anaconda
01-26-2018, 10:41 AM
The only thing he did well all match

:shrug: Thought he played well - actually tracked back a lot. I did start drinking four hours before kick off, though

Peter
01-26-2018, 10:43 AM

I think Iwobi could become a decent player but he needs a real kick up the arse. He is a big strong lad but is soft as ****e- he is quick but never really shows it.If he made the most of his physique he could be quite a player.

We can leave Ramsey out for now. He will have a role once Ozil leaves in the summer.

PSRB
01-26-2018, 10:44 AM
:shrug: Thought he played well - actually tracked back a lot. I did start drinking four hours before kick off, though

He just stands around with his hands on his hips the whole time, got skinned by Willian/Moses multiple times. He was just frustrating, I expected a lot more work from him especially with Mhiki arriving, that's the obvious switch.

IUFG
01-26-2018, 10:44 AM

I sense some Iwobi-tinted spectacles here, la.

Tbf, I thought he had one of his best games the other night. Even a stopped clock....

SWv2
01-26-2018, 10:47 AM
I sense some Iwobi-tinted spectacles here, la.

Tbf, I thought he had one of his best games the other night. Even a stopped clock....

:nono:

Weissbier tinted my friend.

IUFG
01-26-2018, 10:47 AM

I had to search it...

http://www.statsbombservices.com/explaining-xgchain-passing-networks

load of ****ing ****e...

Luis Anaconda
01-26-2018, 10:48 AM
He just stands around with his hands on his hips the whole time, got skinned by Willian/Moses multiple times. He was just frustrating, I expected a lot more work from him especially with Mhiki arriving, that's the obvious switch.
At least was in the right position to be skinned...

Ash
01-26-2018, 10:50 AM

It's what happens when Americans are allowed to watch football.

IUFG
01-26-2018, 10:50 AM
At least was in the right position to be skinned...

well, at least that is something to build upon

Luis Anaconda
01-26-2018, 10:52 AM
:nono:

Weissbier tinted my friend.

**** that - Nur Helles, although I did have a few craft beers in the office and **** know what was in them

IUFG
01-26-2018, 10:53 AM
It's what happens when Americans are allowed to watch football.

:noah:

Americans? Stat-loving ****s.

SWv2
01-26-2018, 10:54 AM
I had to search it...

load of ****ing ****e...

I intend to roll this out with Knocklyon United U10 when the new season kicks off in 3-4 weeks.

New season so we had a new coach on Monday night, FAI badged. Keen as fúck and to be fair very good. He had a magnetic clipboard thing with wee “players” on it and at the end he was showing me his preferred formation and how he hoped to coach the players to pass out from keeper. So he moved his wee men around and was very impressive.

Then I pointed out to him that he had 9 wee men and we play 7 a side.

Have that tactics ****.

:cloud9:

Burney
01-26-2018, 10:57 AM
**** that - Nur Helles, although I did have a few craft beers in the office and **** know what was in them

I drank three bottles of my home-made cider on Sunday lunchtime and basically rendered myself insensible for four hours.

Good stuff imo.

Luis Anaconda
01-26-2018, 11:00 AM
I drank three bottles of my home-made cider on Sunday lunchtime and basically rendered myself insensible for four hours.

Good stuff imo.

Nice - do you still have the power to see or was it really good stuff

Pat Vegas
01-26-2018, 11:02 AM
:hehe: How is the ear, anyway?

The pain and swelling has gone but I am still deaf.

feels like liquid or something stuck in there. It's very annoying. 2 weeks like this now.

Burney
01-26-2018, 11:10 AM
Nice - do you still have the power to see or was it really good stuff

I can see, but I still felt rough on Monday morning. My first batch was fizzy, sweetish and clear and very nice. My second and third were cloudy and really very dry. This discrepancy - and the fact that I cannot account for it - suggests to me that I have literally no fücking idea what I'm doing.

Burney
01-26-2018, 11:10 AM
The pain and swelling has gone but I am still deaf.

feels like liquid or something stuck in there. It's very annoying. 2 weeks like this now.

It's just the one ear, though, right?

Pokster
01-26-2018, 11:11 AM

Well it is a 50:50 guess which ear it is

Pat Vegas
01-26-2018, 11:15 AM

Yep.
but it's making me talk weird and I can hear my breathing.

SWv2
01-26-2018, 11:16 AM
Yep.

Very obvious I know but have they been syringed?

Burney
01-26-2018, 11:16 AM
Yep.

You probably aren't talking weird. You're just hearing how you actually talk rather than how you think you talk. I'm sure this will pass.

Burney
01-26-2018, 11:17 AM

:nono: Syringing ears is done for earwax build-up, not for the aftermath of an infection.

Pat Vegas
01-26-2018, 11:23 AM

it's **** from the infection behind the eardrum.
the doc said I don't have any wax.

I was completely deaf before but it's clearing up now it's more like when you can't pop your ears on a plane.

Luis Anaconda
01-26-2018, 12:18 PM
You probably aren't talking weird. You're just hearing how you actually talk rather than how you think you talk. I'm sure this will pass.

He's Canadian, b - he talks weird