PDA

View Full Version : Mesut Ozil is just a sheer delight to watch play football.

Rich
01-24-2018, 10:55 PM
The best I’ve seen for us. Yes, that is what i just said.

Here’s to four more years, MÖ11

bbrian
01-24-2018, 11:16 PM

Here’s to four more years, MÖ11

**** off back to Bournemouth Rich you nutter !

IUFG
01-25-2018, 08:40 AM

He's a fine footballer, r, but not the best to wear the shirt... :nono:

SWv2
01-25-2018, 09:03 AM
He's a fine footballer, r, but not the best to wear the shirt... :nono:

This ^^^^^^

I have no idea what age Dick is but perhaps he never actually saw the likes of Bergkamp or Vieira in the flesh, as such. That’s not a slight on the chap as one cannot be held responsible for one’s age, or the fact he may have been chasing down wild animals on the family ranch at home.

Having said the above, just let us be clear that he is a total dick.

Pat Vegas
01-25-2018, 09:14 AM
Maybe I am thick or not cool/football hipster enough but I don't think he's that amazing.

Rich
01-25-2018, 09:30 AM
This ^^^^^^

I have no idea what age Dick is but perhaps he never actually saw the likes of Bergkamp or Vieira in the flesh, as such. That’s not a slight on the chap as one cannot be held responsible for one’s age, or the fact he may have been chasing down wild animals on the family ranch at home.

Having said the above, just let us be clear that he is a total dick.

My first match was when we beat Leicester 6
-1 on Boxing Day. It was ****ing freezing and we chatted to Trevor Brooking before the game.

It was Henry’s first Arsenal hat trick and PV4 also played. Maybe Bergkamp too.

Bergkamp is the only man that comes close to MÖ when it comes to sheer grace on a football pitch. But then again, when I was watching him his best years may have been behind him.

Everything Ozil does oozes class. From a simple 10 yard pass, to his little faints and dummies.

He’s my favourite player.

Twitter tells me this morning that we’re not signing Auba as he is too expensive and we are going for Mahrez as a backup :-|

Happy with Mahrez as a Walcott replacement but not a Sanchez one.

Pokster
01-25-2018, 09:54 AM
-1 on Boxing Day. It was ****ing freezing and we chatted to Trevor Brooking before the game.

Bergkamp is the only man that comes close to MÖ when it comes to sheer grace on a football pitch. But then again, when I was watching him his best years may have been behind him.

Everything Ozil does oozes class. From a simple 10 yard pass, to his little faints and dummies.

Twitter tells me this morning that we’re not signing Auba as he is too expensive and we are going for Mahrez as a backup :-|

I'm confused with your stance, you now post that you don't look happy if we don't get PEA, but last week you were happy that we make a profit in the tfr window.

And if you believe something on Twitter you are more of a Dick than we give you credit for

Luis Anaconda
01-25-2018, 10:04 AM

Few bigger fans of Özil than me, r, but he isn't fit to lace God's boots. Bergkamp only became a No 10 because being a No 9 was too easy

Tony C
01-25-2018, 10:26 AM
Said it before...Thierry was amazing but you know DB10 was the daddy.

Magical player.

Just wonder if Riyad will be replacing Welbeck...World Cup year and there’s going to be quite a few teams in need of a striker this transfer window...maybe even a trade with Leicester.

Finally was last night the first time Wenger threw one of his players under the bus?

Re: his post match comments about our poor form being solely down to uncertainty on the dressing room. o:

IUFG
01-25-2018, 12:36 PM
Few bigger fans of Özil than me, r, but he isn't fit to lace God's boots. Bergkamp only became a No 10 because being a No 9 was too easy

Nail and head.

Dennis's goal away at Barnsley :cloud9:

10:03. Just lovely/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2aI91EpXgU

Luis Anaconda
01-25-2018, 12:41 PM
Nail and head.

Dennis's goal away at Barnsley :cloud9:

10:03. Just lovely/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2aI91EpXgU

Football should have ended with his pass to Vieira in the Leicester game. Pretty much finished the game there lads

IUFG
01-25-2018, 12:53 PM
Football should have ended with his pass to Vieira in the Leicester game. Pretty much finished the game their lads

very nicely threaded through a crowded defence :cloud9:

tbh, his back catalogue of magic is ****ing huge.

SWv2
01-25-2018, 12:56 PM
Football should have ended with his pass to Vieira in the Leicester game. Pretty much finished the game their lads

Always thought his pass to Vieira at Stamford Bridge was really just the pinnacle of passes in this respect.

Quite simply put, it was fúcking ridiculous.

Luis Anaconda
01-25-2018, 12:58 PM
Always thought his pass to Vieira at Stamford Bridge was really just the pinnacle of passes in this respect.

Quite simply put, it was fúcking ridiculous.
Yep - almost put that. I was at that game :cloud9: Just a beautiful, beautiful man

Viva Prat Vegas
01-25-2018, 01:01 PM
A reminder of the season or link please

Luis Anaconda
01-25-2018, 01:06 PM
A reminder of the season or link please

Invincibles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbCpQzuX5DE

"Magic ball"

Chelsea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBVVVF5-1Uo

Both wonderful runs from Paddy as well

Tony C
01-25-2018, 02:21 PM
My dad and I won soooooooo much money thanks to this won:

https://youtu.be/XsZkCFoqSBs

Tony C
01-25-2018, 02:24 PM
Remember when Wenger played him on the right wing vs Lazio and he ripped them to shreds :bow:

Burney
01-25-2018, 02:25 PM
My dad and I won soooooooo much money thanks to this won:

https://youtu.be/XsZkCFoqSBs

Yes. Although we are dangerously close to being able to see his junk during his celebration :-(

Peter
01-25-2018, 05:12 PM

I would swap Ozil for Pires in a heartbeat. Its not even close.

Peter
01-25-2018, 05:15 PM
Invincibles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbCpQzuX5DE

"Magic ball"

Chelsea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBVVVF5-1Uo

Both wonderful runs from Paddy as well

That little dance and flick he did against Juventus to set up FReddie was ridiculous.....

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
01-25-2018, 07:50 PM
That little dance and flick he did against Juventus to set up FReddie was ridiculous.....

That was in front on me in the NB. I honestly thought he had the ball for c.30 secs before he passed it to Freddie. I was so shocked when I watched it on youtube a few years later to see it was only about 5 secs.

He's the only player ever to have slowed down time, imo.

Luis Anaconda
01-26-2018, 09:27 AM
That was in front on me in the NB. I honestly thought he had the ball for c.30 secs before he passed it to Freddie. I was so shocked when I watched it on youtube a few years later to see it was only about 5 secs.

Nah - Zidane could do that as well, and Pirlo. Only Arsenal player maybe

Peter
01-26-2018, 09:39 AM
Nah - Zidane could do that as well, and Pirlo. Only Arsenal player maybe

Niall Quinn used to run in slow motion, if that counts....

Peter
01-26-2018, 09:42 AM

The tricks are fairly standard stuff- its the pass that gets me, and the fact that he control the defenders in a tight spot whilst looking at Freddie and times the whole thing to pull of that pass.

What a wonderful human being.

I saw a Match of the Day all time premier league XI the other day. THey did at least apologise for the fact that Dennis wasnt getting in and went on to explain that there were just too many great players in there- Cantona, Fowler, Sheringham, Beardsley.......

SWv2
01-26-2018, 09:49 AM
The tricks are fairly standard stuff- its the pass that gets me, and the fact that he control the defenders in a tight spot whilst looking at Freddie and times the whole thing to pull of that pass.

What a wonderful human being.

I saw a Match of the Day all time premier league XI the other day. THey did at least apologise for the fact that Dennis wasnt getting in and went on to explain that there were just too many great players in there- Cantona, Fowler, Sheringham, Beardsley.......

Who did get in then?

The thing here is that most top clubs have their own option, and fans and pundits their own view.

I assume Henry got in so to name a forward duo from the same club, at the exact same time, would potentially be controversial. Henry did get in, yes?

Peter
01-26-2018, 09:56 AM
Who did get in then?

The thing here is that most top clubs have their own option, and fans and pundits their own view.

I assume Henry got in so to name a forward duo from the same club, at the exact same time, would potentially be controversial. Henry did get in, yes?

When I stay I watched it, I flicked through to the end to hear who they picked as strikers. Shearer got in and I believe they may have gone for Henry as a good partner for shearer. That was how the conversation was moving when I turned it off.

I suppose you have to look at records and based on that shearer, arguably, has to be in there. Also, they are picking an eleven. Also, shearer was on the panel :)

Bergkamp is the best player ever to play in this league and all but the outright morons know this. Or maybe he isnt. I suppose Renaldo was pretty good for a while.

Its Bergkamp for me, anyway :)