PDA

View Full Version : Aubameyang emptying BVB locker into his ghastly chrome Porsche.

Rich
01-23-2018, 11:58 AM
#WelcomeAuba14.

:cloud9:

Burney
01-23-2018, 12:04 PM
#WelcomeAuba14.

:cloud9:

What kind of Porsche has the boot at the back anyway, ffs?

PSRB
01-23-2018, 12:11 PM
What kind of Porsche has the boot at the back anyway, ffs?

One that goes round corners?

Burney
01-23-2018, 12:17 PM
One that goes round corners?

That's not what they're for, though, is it?

SWv2
01-23-2018, 12:20 PM

This conversation, “thread” if you will, is redundant without Dutch wading in and talking about horses braking and torque and other stuff that is even less interesting than the weather forecast for flying, which at least is funny in it’s irrelevance.

Luis Anaconda
01-23-2018, 12:21 PM

Certainly no Arsenal player should concern himself with anything that negotiate corners

Burney
01-23-2018, 12:25 PM
This conversation, “thread” if you will, is redundant without Dutch wading in and talking about horses braking and torque and other stuff that is even less interesting than the weather forecast for flying, which at least is funny in it’s irrelevance.

:-( I never have the heart to tell him I don't understand half the advice he gives me about cars. For instance, he's always telling me diesel cars are 'underpowered'. I've no idea what that means. Surely they're as 'powered' as they need to be? :shrug:

PSRB
01-23-2018, 12:27 PM
:-( I never have the heart to tell him I don't understand half the advice he gives me about cars. For instance, he's always telling me diesel cars are 'underpowered'. I've no idea what that means. Surely they're as 'powered' as they need to be? :shrug:

I thought the whole thing with diesels was they had more torque than petrol cars of a similar engine size :shrug:

IUFG
01-23-2018, 12:28 PM
Certainly no Arsenal player should concern himself with anything that negotiate corners

something, something about hitting the first man...

Olaf Thon on Aubameyang “Anyone who drives such fast cars and then comes too late to training, well there is something wrong there,”

Hmm, he has a point.

Pat Vegas
01-23-2018, 12:28 PM

scored from 2 in the last game :cloud9:

SWv2
01-23-2018, 12:30 PM
I thought the whole thing with diesels was they had more torque than petrol cars of a similar engine size :shrug:

You forced me to google Torque.

How is the below related to a car?

Torque is a measure of how much a force acting on an object causes that object to rotate. The object rotates about an axis, which we will call the pivot point, and will label 'O'. We will call the force 'F'. The distance from the pivot point to the point where the force acts is called the moment arm, and is denoted by 'r'. Note that this distance, 'r', is also a vector, and points from the axis of rotation to the point where the force acts. (Refer to Figure 1 for a pictoral representation of these definitions.)

IUFG
01-23-2018, 12:31 PM

Compression ratios or some such malarkey.

PSRB
01-23-2018, 12:32 PM

Torque is a measure of how much a force acting on an object causes that object to rotate. The object rotates about an axis, which we will call the pivot point, and will label 'O'. We will call the force 'F'. The distance from the pivot point to the point where the force acts is called the moment arm, and is denoted by 'r'. Note that this distance, 'r', is also a vector, and points from the axis of rotation to the point where the force acts. (Refer to Figure 1 for a pictoral representation of these definitions.)

Have you referred to Figure 1?

PSRB
01-23-2018, 12:33 PM

There's some stat that says we've scored more goals from corners than any other PL side in the last 2 seasons

SWv2
01-23-2018, 12:34 PM
something, something about hitting the first man...

Olaf Thon on Aubameyang “Anyone who drives such fast cars and then comes too late to training, well there is something wrong there,”

Hmm, he has a point.

The speed of your car is not massively relevant if you live in a city where the traffic congestion restricts you, and of course you adhere to the speed limits.

I doubt the direct path between his house and the training ground is 100% autobahn. Olaf Thon sounds like a silly man, a bitter man perhaps as PEA rides off to inevitable success in the PL and Carabao Cup.

SWv2
01-23-2018, 12:35 PM
Have you referred to Figure 1?

Yes.

It makes sense now.

barrybueno
01-23-2018, 12:38 PM

Diesel engines have more power down the rev range which feels good but then you have to change up sooner than a petrol.

Anyway none of the above matters, diesel engines are for lorries, buses and boats. Anywon aged 5+ should know that imo

SWv2
01-23-2018, 12:40 PM
Diesel engines have more power down the rev range which feels good but then you have to change up sooner than a petrol.

Anyway none of the above matters, diesel engines are for lorries, buses and boats. Anywon aged 5+ should know that imo

I drive a diesel Barry so I would expect an apology whenever you get the chance.

PSRB
01-23-2018, 12:41 PM
Yes.

It makes sense now.

:hehe: Glad that's all resolved

Higher torque means better in-gear acceleration, useful for over-taking or if towing trailers/caravans

https://auto.howstuffworks.com/difference-between-torque-and-horsepower.htm

SWv2
01-23-2018, 12:42 PM
:hehe: Glad that's all resolved

Higher torque means better in-gear acceleration, useful for over-taking or if towing trailers/caravans

https://auto.howstuffworks.com/difference-between-torque-and-horsepower.htm

The casual racism here has been noted :hehe:

Luis Anaconda
01-23-2018, 12:43 PM
There's some stat that says we've scored more goals from corners than any other PL side in the last 2 seasons

We were actually leading the headed goals stats this season before Chelsea overtook us. Still second

Luis Anaconda
01-23-2018, 12:44 PM

Very vulgar goals though, p

IUFG
01-23-2018, 12:47 PM
Very vulgar goals though, p

the fourth made up for those Stoke-like goals, la.

a goal of absolute beauty.

Luis Anaconda
01-23-2018, 12:48 PM
the fourth made up for those Stoke-like goals, la.

a goal of absolute beauty.

Mesut :cloud9:

(keeper should have saved the shot)

Pokster
01-23-2018, 12:48 PM
The speed of your car is not massively relevant if you live in a city where the traffic congestion restricts you, and of course you adhere to the speed limits.

I doubt the direct path between his house and the training ground is 100% autobahn. Olaf Thon sounds like a silly man, a bitter man perhaps as PEA rides off to inevitable success in the PL and Carabao Cup.

Cup tied ...

SWv2
01-23-2018, 12:49 PM
Cup tied ...

How so?

Surely if he is registered before the end of the month and has not played for a previous team then I make you wrong.

IUFG
01-23-2018, 12:49 PM
(keeper should have saved the shot)

i think the poor bloke was shell shocked, la

Pokster
01-23-2018, 12:51 PM
How so?

Surely if he is registered before the end of the month and has not played for a previous team then I make you wrong.

You have time to agree that I know what is going on and you know **** all... he is cup tied as BD have dropped into the EL, if they had finished 4th or qualified to the next stage of the CL he could play for us. But they didn't, so he can't

barrybueno
01-23-2018, 12:52 PM
I drive a diesel Barry so I would expect an apology whenever you get the chance.

I never apologise SW, I'm sorry but that's just the way I am...

SWv2
01-23-2018, 12:52 PM
i think the poor bloke was shell shocked, la

It was a strange first 45.

I think I counted 4 separate back heel flick things by Mesut and I seem to recall Xhaka getting in on the act, while at one point I found myself musing as to whether with the correct instruction Elneny could be the answer to some of our midfield issues.

SWv2
01-23-2018, 12:54 PM
You have time to agree that I know what is going on and you know **** all... he is cup tied as BD have dropped into the EL, if they had finished 4th or qualified to the next stage of the CL he could play for us. But they didn't, so he can't

You might just have sufficient time to edit this and admit your mistake.

You silly bald man.

Pokster
01-23-2018, 01:00 PM

You silly bald man.

piss off LA :vsign:

Luis Anaconda
01-23-2018, 01:05 PM
I am only quoting what was on sky sports a few days ago... you silly pikey drive laying tramp
Pssst - Carabao Cup is not Europa League. No need to thank me

Tony C
01-23-2018, 01:06 PM
Well that’s Dortmund weakened for the EL...lost their main striker and the likely replacement Giroud can’t play either.

Luis Anaconda
01-23-2018, 01:06 PM

You silly bald man.
He's from Yorkshire - they haven't learned how to do that yet

Pokster
01-23-2018, 01:08 PM
Pssst - Carabao Cup is not Europa League. No need to thank me

DOH! I must have been assuming we get knocked out this week

I'll get my Donkey Jacket

devongunner
01-23-2018, 01:17 PM
Agree on El Neny

PSRB
01-23-2018, 01:23 PM
It was a strange first 45.

I think I counted 4 separate back heel flick things by Mesut and I seem to recall Xhaka getting in on the act, while at one point I found myself musing as to whether with the correct instruction Elneny could be the answer to some of our midfield issues.

At least we saved them until we were out of sight plus they weren't on the edge of our box as per Ramsey and Cesc

Ash
01-23-2018, 01:51 PM
Yes.

It makes sense now.

O, r and F were all defined, but not theta. :watson:

Burney
01-23-2018, 02:02 PM
O, r and F were all defined, but not theta. :watson:

:-( :mathscünt:

Ash
01-23-2018, 02:03 PM
Agree on El Neny

People think he's a bit meh because he's unspectacular but he's tidy and disciplined imo. Sat, or stood even, in front of the back four. Led the team for possession stats and passing accuracy (for people that are into that sort of thing, and possession can be completely sterile but it wasn't on Saturday). Didn't have much tackling to do though.

Rich
01-23-2018, 02:07 PM
People think he's a bit meh because he's unspectacular but he's tidy and disciplined imo. Sat, or stood even, in front of the back four. Led the team for possession stats and passing accuracy (for people that are into that sort of thing, and possession can be completely sterile but it wasn't on Saturday). Didn't have much tackling to do though.

I seem to recall a nice goal he scored against Barcelona. Perhaps his only goal for us too.

I suspect it was a consolation in an otherwise difficult to watch affair.

Ash
01-23-2018, 02:10 PM
I seem to recall a nice goal he scored against Barcelona. Perhaps his only goal for us too.

I suspect it was a consolation in an otherwise difficult to watch affair.

Yes. Thank goodness we're not a Champions League team any more. So humiliating.

Rich
01-23-2018, 02:16 PM
Yes. Thank goodness we're not a Champions League team any more. So humiliating.

:nod: We need to set ourselves up for a win, I think. Can you imagine the glee which the 4th place trophy would give us fans if we were to win it this year?

Of course we won't, but at least now that our expectations have been adjusted, things that were previously scoffed out now seem like magnificent victories.

SWv2
01-23-2018, 02:51 PM

Strangely enough not a defined pre-requisite for the much fabled DM player.

Positional awareness, tactical adherence, mobility, plugging gaps, accurate passing, covering others, shielding the central defenders etc.

IUFG
01-23-2018, 04:01 PM
Positional awareness, tactical adherence, mobility, plugging gaps, accurate passing, covering others, shielding the central defenders etc.

These are exactly the attributes that Alex Song Billong never*, ever displayed; just before fouling an opponent on the edge of our box.

* he may have successfully hit one or two Hollywood passes to van Persie. I think they were probably accidents

SWv2
01-23-2018, 04:49 PM
These are exactly the attributes that Alex Song Billong never*, ever displayed; just before fouling an opponent on the edge of our box.

* he may have successfully hit one or two Hollywood passes to van Persie. I think they were probably accidents

I always thought he was arguably the most over-rated of all our over-rated youth and prospective midfield talents – even Denilson.

Now all I need is Monty to come along and remind me that Barcelona felt encouraged or impressed enough to pay big money for him.

IUFG
01-23-2018, 05:04 PM
I always thought he was arguably the most over-rated of all our over-rated youth and prospective midfield talents – even Denilson.

So Wenger had Bergkamp retire and Pires sold that year. AW brought in Song Billong, Gallas and ****ing Denilson.
(he also brought in Rosicky and loaned in Baptista - I'll give you Rosicky)

Early signs of the brain-rot imo

Peter
01-23-2018, 09:10 PM

Now all I need is Monty to come along and remind me that Barcelona felt encouraged or impressed enough to pay big money for him.

Technically better than vieira, I believe.....

eastgermanautos
01-23-2018, 09:21 PM

Torque, my good sir, is a metaphor describing a vehicle's "git up and go." Therefore, whether it can punish the road coming out of a curve, flatten steep hills, burn donuts all over a cop's a$$. Got it?