PDA

View Full Version : Dortmund fella

PSRB
01-18-2018, 05:07 PM
left out of the squad for tomorrow's match :rubchin:

Peter
01-18-2018, 05:15 PM
left out of the squad for tomorrow's match :rubchin:

Some funny rumours today. First Dortmund admonishing us for referring to their player, then rumours that they are after Giroud :)

PSRB
01-18-2018, 05:16 PM
Some funny rumours today. First Dortmund admonishing us for referring to their player, then rumours that they are after Giroud :)

Twitter now saying the clubs have reached an agreement on Auba, no idea if that includes Giroud.

Looks like it'll be done before the bloody Sanchez saga is over

Peter
01-18-2018, 05:18 PM
Twitter now saying the clubs have reached an agreement on Auba, no idea if that includes Giroud.

Looks like it'll be done before the bloody Sanchez saga is over

I am sure we are all agreed that the only thing that matters is that Sanchez finally ****s off.

I think United fans might be thinking they have signed a much better player than they actually have.

SWv2
01-18-2018, 05:20 PM

Aubameyang, Lacazette, Mkhytarian and Ozil can’t all play in the current set-up.

Just saying.

:hide:

Ash
01-18-2018, 05:22 PM
Aubameyang, Lacazette, Mkhytarian and Ozil can’t all play in the current set-up.

Just saying.

:hide:

That's what they were saying on the Arsenal Vision podcast.

However, a strong possibility that at least one of them would be injured or off-form so there would be options.

SWv2
01-18-2018, 05:24 PM
That's what they were saying on the Arsenal Vision podcast.

However, a strong possibility that at least one of them would be injured or off-form so there would be options.

Or we revert to a back 4.

Hurrah?

Ash
01-18-2018, 05:26 PM

Hurrah?

Or play one of them at left wing back. :hehe:

PSRB
01-18-2018, 05:27 PM

Hurrah?

4-4-2 :-) :thumbup:

SWv2
01-18-2018, 05:30 PM
4-4-2 :-) :thumbup:

Too English.

4-2-1-3.

Just think how even more exposed we would be at the back.

:cloud9:

PSRB
01-18-2018, 05:33 PM
Too English.

4-2-1-3.

Just think how even more exposed we would be at the back.

:cloud9:

"We're going to score one more than you!!!"

Tony C
01-18-2018, 06:43 PM
Cech

Bellerin
Mustafi
Holding
Kolasinac

Maitland Niles
Wilshere (c)

Mkhitaryan
Ozil
Aubameyang

Lacazette

—-

To make it work you would need someone more mobile, combative and precise with their passing in the midfield.

So goodbye Xhaka :wave:

Billy Goat Sverige
01-18-2018, 11:11 PM

Hurrah?

Hopefully that’s what happens. Either play Ramsey on the right or (my preference) Lacazette on the left with Mkhitaryan on the right and a Ramsey/Wilshere/Xhaka (pick two) midfield. ****ing sick of the three at the back.

taxman10
01-18-2018, 11:14 PM
Cech

Bellerin
Mustafi
Holding
Kolasinac

Maitland Niles
Wilshere (c)

Mkhitaryan
Ozil
Aubameyang

Lacazette

—-

To make it work you would need someone more mobile, combative and precise with their passing in the midfield.

So goodbye Xhaka :wave:

I like the look of that team. Might even tempt me to use my season tickets again

SWv2
01-19-2018, 09:24 AM
Hopefully that’s what happens. Either play Ramsey on the right or (my preference) Lacazette on the left with Mkhitaryan on the right and a Ramsey/Wilshere/Xhaka (pick two) midfield. ****ing sick of the three at the back.

Only realistic option unless:

a) The stories linking both ex Dortmund players are nonsense
b) Mkhytarian is arriving with a view to actually replacing the German, which is indeed quite possible

I do perversely enjoy how he appears to be totally overlooking the midfield when all the world is shouting that this is the area which needs most urgent correction.

World's End Stella
01-19-2018, 09:59 AM
Only realistic option unless:

a) The stories linking both ex Dortmund players are nonsense
b) Mkhytarian is arriving with a view to actually replacing the German, which is indeed quite possible

I do perversely enjoy how he appears to be totally overlooking the midfield when all the world is shouting that this is the area which needs most urgent correction.

That's been the case for about 7 years now, or more. :shrug:

Ash
01-19-2018, 10:03 AM

Shame you didn't see us play when we had Santi Cazorla.

Billy Goat Sverige
01-19-2018, 10:03 AM

We need to sign Fabinho and play a 4-4-2 diamond :cloid9:

Luis Anaconda
01-19-2018, 10:08 AM

:nod: Those successive relegations clearly hampered our spending power though

SWv2
01-19-2018, 10:26 AM
:nod: Those successive relegations clearly hampered our spending power though

To be fair to AW if we were to sign a midfield option this month it would potentially cause selection issues in the summer when Goretzka comes at which point he would be correctly accused of a lack of vision or planning.

Luis Anaconda
01-19-2018, 10:29 AM
To be fair to AW if we were to sign a midfield option this month it would potentially cause selection issues in the summer when Goretzka comes at which point he would be correctly accused of a lack of vision or planning.

I'm looking forward to telling young Leon of your fascination with him when he rocks up here next June. He certainly wouldn't be the answer to our midfield "problems" though, which I believe in most people's eyes are the failure to uncover another Vieira, a player so brilliant that I sometimes think I just imagined that he once came down to Earth and thankfully played for the Arsenal

SWv2
01-19-2018, 10:35 AM
I'm looking forward to telling young Leon of your fascination with him when he rocks up here next June. He certainly wouldn't be the answer to our midfield "problems" though, which I believe in most people's eyes are the failure to uncover another Vieira, a player so brilliant that I sometimes think I just imagined that he once came down to Earth and thankfully played for the Arsenal

Fascination is perhaps over stating it, seen him a few times on the BT channels and has looked good, stood out last summer in the Confederations Cup but as you say I am unsure if he is the elixir to the perceived issues.

In terms of players being the new version of an older or existing player than he is more if anything the new Ramsey in respect of his so called engine and runs into the box type thing whereas we need a new Gilberto Silva I think.

I just love a new midfielder. Who doesn't eh.

Billy Goat Sverige
01-19-2018, 10:39 AM
Fascination is perhaps over stating it, seen him a few times on the BT channels and has looked good, stood out last summer in the Confederations Cup but as you say I am unsure if he is the elixir to the perceived issues.

In terms of players being the new version of an older or existing player than he is more if anything the new Ramsey in respect of his so called engine and runs into the box type thing whereas we need a new Gilberto Silva I think.

I just love a new midfielder. Who doesn't eh.

I was going to say, the player we need most now is Gilberto Silva.

Burney
01-19-2018, 10:43 AM

He should be our next manager imo.

Luis Anaconda
01-19-2018, 10:43 AM

:nod: :nod: :nod:

Luis Anaconda
01-19-2018, 10:44 AM
He should be our next manager imo.

Purely for this ace fact:

He has a giant anteater named after him at London Zoo.

Ash
01-19-2018, 10:46 AM

That I didn't know, though I have seen the beastie many times. Went to the zoo last saturday in fact but got there a bit late and it was closed.

Burney
01-19-2018, 10:47 AM

:nod: Whom he described as 'My slightly more hairy brother'

And also because he used to play his mandolin at his local pub in St Alban's.

Luis Anaconda
01-19-2018, 10:49 AM
:nod: Whom he described as 'My slightly more hairy brother'

And also because he used to play his mandolin at his local pub in St Alban's.
oo - wonder which one that was. Was in St Alban's over Christmas. Some decent boozers there

IUFG
01-19-2018, 10:52 AM

http://www.jiromyhero.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/hammer-and-nail-245x300.jpg

Burney
01-19-2018, 10:54 AM
oo - wonder which one that was. Was in St Alban's over Christmas. Some decent boozers there

There are indeed. Including what claims to be the oldest in the country.

redgunamo
01-19-2018, 11:16 AM
That I didn't know, though I have seen the beastie many times. Went to the zoo last saturday in fact but got there a bit late and it was closed.

Is he invisible too then?

SWv2
01-19-2018, 11:25 AM

I note he has now officially gone to Bayern.

Bang average shít**** anyway.

:nod: