PDA

View Full Version : So, schools are closed today because "it's a little bit windy out."

redgunamo
01-18-2018, 11:02 AM
They're just bantering me off surely? #Eurotrash

Burney
01-18-2018, 11:11 AM
They're just bantering me off surely? #Eurotrash

It's ever since they started calling a bit of wind 'Hurricane This' or 'Storm That'. My wife is constantly telling me 'Ooh, Storm Ffion is on its way' as if I'm supposed to give a shït.

For some people, giving wind a name seems to make it more scary.

Pokster
01-18-2018, 11:35 AM
It's ever since they started calling a bit of wind 'Hurricane This' or 'Storm That'. My wife is constantly telling me 'Ooh, Storm Ffion is on its way' as if I'm supposed to give a shït.

Only a boys name b... if it has a girls name more people get injured as they assume it isn't as bad

Burney
01-18-2018, 11:37 AM
Only a boys name b... if it has a girls name more people get injured as they assume it isn't as bad

There's a metaphor in there somewhere.

redgunamo
01-18-2018, 11:38 AM

It's insurance liabilities gone mad, I tell you!

Still, I shall spend a refreshing afternoon with my sons enjoying popcorn, hot-dogs, bread & butter pudding and FIFA on my new television, just to show the powers-that-be we will not allow their workshy, craven fecklessness to harass us.

Monty92
01-18-2018, 11:49 AM
than the edited version, which formed the basis of my original comments.

There's a metaphor in there somewhere.

Burney
01-18-2018, 11:52 AM
than the edited version, which formed the basis of my original comments.

Oh, I assumed you'd seen the whole thing. To be fair to them, I'd applaud them for releasing it at all given that it made their presenter look enormously silly. Do you see what I mean about her just appearing to be horribly under-prepared?

Monty92
01-18-2018, 11:57 AM
Oh, I assumed you'd seen the whole thing. To be fair to them, I'd applaud them for releasing it at all given that it made their presenter look enormously silly. Do you see what I mean about her just appearing to be horribly under-prepared?

Yes, but while I found it funny, I still don't quite see it as you do, as evidence of a wider push-back. On the contrary, every day we see evidence of this shít becoming ever more entrenched in culture, in public policy and in law.

Burney
01-18-2018, 12:01 PM
Yes, but while I found it funny, I still don't quite see it as you do, as evidence of a wider push-back. On the contrary, every day we see evidence of this shít becoming ever more entrenched in culture, in public policy and in law.

Oh, I don't think it's evidence of wider push-back, it's simply evidence of what happens when ideas based on liberal dogma are publicly confronted by calm, empirical analysis. The results aren't pretty and this is why I think there are always going to be limits as to just how far some of this nonsense can go.

The Rob2
01-18-2018, 12:03 PM
It's insurance liabilities gone mad, I tell you!

Still, I shall spend a refreshing afternoon with my sons enjoying popcorn, hot-dogs, bread & butter pudding and FIFA on my new television, just to show the powers-that-be we will not allow their workshy, craven fecklessness to harass us.

do you smash your kids up on fifa out of interest?

redgunamo
01-18-2018, 12:15 PM
do you smash your kids up on fifa out of interest?

No, I'm rubbish and they're very good. I love playing it with them though, great fun.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-18-2018, 12:17 PM
"So what you're saying is..."
Take a sip every time Cathy Newman says that for a quick way to Pissedville

SWv2
01-18-2018, 12:19 PM
No, I'm rubbish and they're very good. I love playing it with them though, great fun.

I played it over the Xmas break.

No exaggeration to say I had no idea what I was doing, the first half of the game I didn't even know which on screen player I was controlling.

Naturally I lost.

redgunamo
01-18-2018, 12:20 PM
Oh, I don't think it's evidence of wider push-back, it's simply evidence of what happens when ideas based on liberal dogma are publicly confronted by calm, empirical analysis. The results aren't pretty and this is why I think there are always going to be limits as to just how far some of this nonsense can go.

I don't think they see it that way; they believe they're talking to dangerous lunatics (Trump?). Or, at least, not their sort. That's far more important to them than evidence or empirical analysis.

redgunamo
01-18-2018, 04:07 PM
I played it over the Xmas break.

No exaggeration to say I had no idea what I was doing, the first half of the game I didn't even know which on screen player I was controlling.

Naturally I lost.

Naturally. It does give you an encyclopedic knowledge of players though.