PDA

View Full Version : VAR Chelsea v Norwich

IUFG
01-17-2018, 10:34 PM
imo, Chelsea have been a leeetle bit ****ed over on a couple of penalty decisions tbh.

Still, **** em.

barrybueno
01-17-2018, 10:36 PM
imo, Chelsea have been a leeetle bit ****ed over on a couple of penalty decisions tbh.

Still, **** em.

It's not gonna change squat going on tonight's game

PSRB
01-18-2018, 09:32 AM
It's not gonna change squat going on tonight's game

:rubchin:

I did rather like the ref, 2 :redcard: for diving :hehe:

Pokster
01-18-2018, 09:38 AM
:rubchin:

I did rather like the ref, 2 :redcard: for diving :hehe:

Only dodgy one was Willians booking.... Morata might have had a hnd on his shoulder but he simulated so deserved a booking, not all contact is a pen.

1 last thing, why wasn't the ABBA penalty system being used for the FA cup?

Burney
01-18-2018, 09:47 AM
Only dodgy one was Willians booking.... Morata might have had a hnd on his shoulder but he simulated so deserved a booking, not all contact is a pen.

Perhaps they felt it had had its Waterloo? After all, these things come down to Money, Money, Money and at the end of the day, The Winner takes it all.

Burney
01-18-2018, 09:51 AM

Still, **** em.

What bothers me about the VAR is that they've decided to implement it in the stupidest way possible that still leaves far too much at the discretion of the on-field referee and you just know that this idiotic form of implementation will be used to unfairly discredit the whole idea of video replays in football.

Luis Anaconda
01-18-2018, 09:59 AM

No idea why but FA said at start of the season it was only to be used in the Carabao Cup (so we'll have it next Wednesday if we keep a clean sheet)

SWv2
01-18-2018, 10:01 AM
No idea why but FA said at start of the season it was only to be used in the Carabao Cup (so we'll have it next Wednesday if we keep a clean sheet)

But only in certain games, my understanding being something related to Premiership teams.

Was not used in Bristol v City on this basis, was available to be used next night then for our game with Chelsea.

Luis Anaconda
01-18-2018, 10:21 AM
But only in certain games, my understanding being something related to Premiership teams.

Was not used in Bristol v City on this basis, was available to be used next night then for our game with Chelsea.

That's VAR - i was talking about the ABBA system

SWv2
01-18-2018, 10:48 AM
That's VAR - i was talking about the ABBA system

I can't keep up with all this.

:-(

redgunamo
01-18-2018, 10:51 AM
I can't keep up with all this.

Indeed. Happy New Year, by the way.

SWv2
01-18-2018, 10:58 AM
Indeed. Happy New Year, by the way.

Yes, thank you.

And of course bhliain nua sásta to you and all the Redgunamos.

:nod:

redgunamo
01-18-2018, 11:00 AM
Yes, thank you.

And of course bhliain nua sásta to you and all the Redgunamos.

:nod:

Thank you, most kind. You didn't get my Abba joke though, did you :-|

SWv2
01-18-2018, 11:10 AM

Eh no, I just thought you were being nice.

Forget my earlier good wishes.

Luis Anaconda
01-18-2018, 11:11 AM

When all is said and done, you did really take a chance on him not getting it. This could go On and On and On

Burney
01-18-2018, 11:13 AM
When all is said and done, you did really take a chance on him not getting it. This could go On and On and On

Ultimately, I'm afraid, sw is not one of us. That's the name of the game. :shrug:

Burney
01-18-2018, 11:14 AM
Eh no, I just thought you were being nice.

Forget my earlier good wishes.

I shan't tell him that 'bhliain nua sásta' is in fact a vicious sexual insult about his mother, sw. ;-)

SWv2
01-18-2018, 11:21 AM
I shan't tell him that 'bhliain nua sásta' is in fact a vicious sexual insult about his mother, sw. ;-)

Indeed, I shall use my native tongue in order to lull people into a false sense of security.

They think I am being nice to them but in fact I shall be laying down many ancient (though not gypsy) curses.

IUFG
01-18-2018, 11:24 AM
Ultimately, I'm afraid, sw is not one of us. That's the name of the game. :shrug:

You and LA?

ABBA songs?

Benders...

Burney
01-18-2018, 11:24 AM
Indeed, I shall use my native tongue in order to lull people into a false sense of security.

They think I am being nice to them but in fact I shall be laying down many ancient (though not gypsy) curses.

Yes. Do bear in mind that r is African, though. They have powers.

Burney
01-18-2018, 11:26 AM
You and LA?

ABBA songs?

Benders...

If you don't like ABBA, you don't really like or 'get' music. :shrug:

There. I've said it.

IUFG
01-18-2018, 11:29 AM
If you don't like ABBA, you don't really like or 'get' music. :shrug:

There. I've said it.

Pfft! Every one of their songs sounds like it is from a musical.

And I don't like musicals.

Especially Mamma Mia. Probably.

Burney
01-18-2018, 11:36 AM

They are brilliantly written pop songs. As good as anything ever written. :shrug:

Certainly they pďss all over dross like Paul Weller.

sw incoming in 3...2...1...

SWv2
01-18-2018, 11:54 AM
They are brilliantly written pop songs. As good as anything ever written. :shrug:

Certainly they pďss all over dross like Paul Weller.

sw incoming in 3...2...1...

No, I won't.

Bástard.

Ash
01-18-2018, 02:29 PM

I'm with you about ABBA, IUFG. Burney is quite correct to point out that they are brilliantly written pop songs, but this doesn't consider the fact that many brilliantly written pop songs can also be intensly feckin irritating.*

I'm not homophobic BUT ....

... I'm not a fan of camp music. See also Queen, Blur.

* According to taste, of course.