PDA

View Full Version : A 'Conservative' British PM has appointed a Minister for Loneliness?

Burney
01-17-2018, 12:18 PM
What the fur-lined fùck is going on with these fücking cretins? :shakehead:

How about a Minister for Growing Up? Or a Minister for Having a Pint of Harden the Fück Up? Or a Minister for Fücking Well Pulling Yourself Together, You Fücking Little Nancy?

Fückssake.

Peter
01-17-2018, 01:25 PM

How about a Minister for Growing Up? Or a Minister for Having a Pint of Harden the Fück Up? Or a Minister for Fücking Well Pulling Yourself Together, You Fücking Little Nancy?

Fückssake.

Its a serious issue, b. Loneliness kills.

Burney
01-17-2018, 01:27 PM
Its a serious issue, b. Loneliness kills.

It doesn’t require a fùcking Ministry, though, p! This is just ridiculous posturing.

Monty92
01-17-2018, 01:32 PM

Fückssake.

You should try defending Wenger :-(

Viva Prat Vegas
01-17-2018, 01:34 PM
That idea is alien to Wenger

Ash
01-17-2018, 01:39 PM
It doesn’t require a fùcking Ministry, though, p! This is just ridiculous posturing.

It is slightly Pythonesque. Perhaps they did for a laugh, just to wind up some Sir Bufton-Tufton types. Like The Big Orange Fella does with his tweets but the other way round.

eastgermanautos
01-17-2018, 01:42 PM

Fückssake.

I think it's cool. What, are you like really hard? Everyone could use a good cry, Burney. Go on, let it out. Here's a tissue.

Ash
01-17-2018, 01:42 PM

Why, are you going to?

No-one else has after the last two shítshows. A Rubicon has been crossed, for the last remaining loyalists it feels.

Except you and Nicosia, perhaps?

Viva Prat Vegas
01-17-2018, 01:44 PM
And dim TY
"I will always back the manager"
:rolleyes:

Burney
01-17-2018, 01:47 PM

Have you seen the full video of Jordan Peterson tearing that awful C4 news person Cathy Newman apart? It really is rather joyous watching a lefty posturer get both barrels from a serious, serious intellect. :hehe:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aMcjxSThD54&feature=youtu.be

Monty92
01-17-2018, 02:13 PM
opportunity to "tear her apart".

It was a grotesque miss-match, not just of intellect, but of intention, and was never going to go anywhere interesting. A pien pensant and one of the world's great thinkers simply talking past each other.

I found it totally cringe-inducing, to be honest.

Have you seen the full video of Jordan Peterson tearing that awful C4 news person Cathy Newman apart? It really is rather joyous watching a lefty posturer get both barrels from a serious, serious intellect. :hehe:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aMcjxSThD54&feature=youtu.be

Monty92
01-17-2018, 02:15 PM
Why, are you going to?

No-one else has after the last two shítshows. A Rubicon has been crossed, for the last remaining loyalists it feels.

Talk to me in May. We're only 4 points off the yíd****s :shrug:

But seriously, things *could* still be ok if we managed to keep Ozil and bought that Amabongobongo coloured chap from Dortmund. He looked shít hot against Spurs earlier in the season.

Burney
01-17-2018, 02:27 PM
opportunity to "tear her apart".

It was a grotesque miss-match, not just of intellect, but of intention, and was never going to go anywhere interesting. A pien pensant and one of the world's great thinkers simply talking past each other.

I found it totally cringe-inducing, to be honest.

Well it was more watching her wither in the sheer glare of his intelligence and fall apart, I suppose. Nonetheless, I felt it was a salutary lesson in the intellectual vacuum at the heart of so many left-wing certainties. You could have put someone far cleverer than Cathy Newman in to champion those ideas and the result would have been the same because the ideas don't stand up to intellectual scrutiny.

And just because it's a mismatch doesn't mean it's not worth doing. The important thing is that these ideas - which are considered unquestionable truths in bien-pensant circles (transgenderism, limits on free speech to avoid 'offence'; the gender pay gap, etc) actually got put to the test by a brilliant analytic intelligence in a public forum and were found wanting. It is vitally important that this happens more.

redgunamo
01-17-2018, 02:33 PM
Well it was more watching her wither in the sheer glare of his intelligence and fall apart, I suppose. Nonetheless, I felt it was a salutary lesson in the intellectual vacuum at the heart of so many left-wing certainties. You could have put someone far cleverer than Cathy Newman in to champion those ideas and the result would have been the same because the ideas don't stand up to intellectual scrutiny.

And just because it's a mismatch doesn't mean it's not worth doing. The important thing is that these ideas - which are considered unquestionable truths in bien-pensant circles (transgenderism, limits on free speech to avoid 'offence'; the gender pay gap, etc) actually got put to the test by a brilliant analytic intelligence in a public forum and were found wanting. It is vitally important that this happens more.

I see what you mean, but are the people who need to hear it actually listening?

Monty92
01-17-2018, 02:33 PM

Hmmmm! Sadly I think replacing Newman with a broadcaster from the right would have made little difference. I don't necessarily see the fault lines in political terms. More about an openness to ideas, or lack thereof. And that is a problem on the left and the right.

John Snow is a fúcking ****, though. Did you hear him at the end? Bemoaning the fact that the interview went on for so long, presumably because it bored him. Imagine that? Channel 4 lands an interview with one of the world's greatest living thinkers, and the anchor - one of the doyens of British political broadcasting - says it bored him.

That is what I found depressing.

SWv2
01-17-2018, 02:35 PM

But seriously, things *could* still be ok if we managed to keep Ozil and bought that Amabongobongo coloured chap from Dortmund. He looked shít hot against Spurs earlier in the season.

Probably need to define that specific "ok".

IUFG
01-17-2018, 02:37 PM

Fückssake.

it is a little bit 'Director of Better' innit

https://www.comedy.co.uk/images/library/people/180x200/w/w1a_anna_rampton_2.jpg

Monty92
01-17-2018, 02:37 PM
Probably need to define that specific "ok".

Within a few points of the Spurs, Liverpool, etc. No reason why we should be doing any better.

Burney
01-17-2018, 02:40 PM
Hmmmm! Sadly I think replacing Newman with a broadcaster from the right would have made little difference. I don't necessarily see the fault lines in political terms. More about an openness to ideas, or lack thereof. And that is a problem on the left and the right.

John Snow is a fúcking ****, though. Did you hear him at the end? Bemoaning the fact that the interview went on for so long, presumably because it bored him. Imagine that? Channel 4 lands an interview with one of the world's greatest living thinkers, and the anchor - one of the doyens of British political broadcasting - says it bored him.

That is what I found depressing.

To be honest, I found it refreshing to hear ideas properly explored at all in that context. I do wonder, however, if Newman had actually researched Peterson at all. She seemed to go into it thinking he was just some alt-right knucklehead she could sneer at and make look bad. Her desperate floundering, recourse to repetition of platitudes and misattributing quotes to him suggested she had no idea what she was dealing with before she started.

Jon Snow being a cünt is hardly news. He's a hard-left relic who is well overdue for retirement.

Pokster
01-17-2018, 02:41 PM

5 points to be exact.... with a team that only needs to play PL games so can't use Europe as an excuse, while all the sides above us have been playing full strength sides in Europe, score more goals than us and defend better than us.

Yep, nothing to complain about... oh, and our 2 best players might well be leaving for nothing and we have offered a pay cut to our most creative midfield player.

Pokster
01-17-2018, 02:41 PM
Within a few points of the Spurs, Liverpool, etc. No reason why we should be doing any better.

Lol, ****ing LOL! No reason why we should be doing better! Do **** off with this tripe

Burney
01-17-2018, 02:43 PM
I see what you mean, but are the people who need to hear it actually listening?

Probably not. In fact it probably means that as we speak, the producer of Newsnight is busily crossing Jordan Peterson off their list of prospective guests because they know he'll make them look bad.

Monty92
01-17-2018, 02:44 PM
To be honest, I found it refreshing to hear ideas properly explored at all in that context. I do wonder, however, if Newman had actually researched Peterson at all. She seemed to go into it thinking he was just some alt-right knucklehead she could sneer at and make look bad. Her desperate floundering, recourse to repetition of platitudes and misattributing quotes to him suggested she had no idea what she was dealing with before she started.

Jon Snow being a cünt is hardly news. He's a hard-left relic who is well overdue for retirement.

But Newman is the type that DOES believe that anyone who questions leftist wisdom is alt-right. So, I can quite imagine that she did research him and came to that very conclusion.

This of course is also hugely depressing.

redgunamo
01-17-2018, 02:44 PM
Probably not. In fact it probably means that as we speak, the producer of Newsnight is busily crossing Jordan Peterson off their list of prospective guests because they know he'll make them look bad.

Yes. Still, that's what social media was invented for, I guess.

Monty92
01-17-2018, 02:45 PM
Lol, ****ing LOL! No reason why we should be doing better! Do **** off with this tripe

I won't talk to you if you swear at me.

A new rule.

Pokster
01-17-2018, 02:46 PM

A new rule.

Good, **** off

SWv2
01-17-2018, 02:47 PM

You see parity or otherwise with Spurs as being definitive in terms of gauging success or otherwise?

I do agree to a point with your second sentence, based on a very successful period from 98-2004 I do sometimes think there is a massive sense of over expectancy however that aside would you not be concerned about a continued paucity of performance, a seeming inability of the manager to prepare his teams and/or at times to get a decent performance from them.

That is not a comment based on knee jerk reaction to Forest and Bournemouth but a seeming decline for years now where we see the same thing again and again. The fact that we will probably come 6th this season does not disguise any of this, it is more in fact a reflection on how poor the Premier League actually is.

Monty92
01-17-2018, 02:49 PM
Good, **** off

:-( It appears my new rule has hit a snag

Burney
01-17-2018, 02:53 PM
But Newman is the type that DOES believe that anyone who questions leftist wisdom is alt-right. So, I can quite imagine that she did research him and came to that very conclusion.

This of course is also hugely depressing.

Yes, but she got torn a new think-hole. One would like to think that might make her question a few things.

I think that my favourite bit was when she said to him 'What gives you the right to make these generalisations?' and he said 'I'm a clinical psychologist.'

I very nearly spat my unsweetened black coffee over screen at that point. :hehe:

redgunamo
01-17-2018, 02:57 PM
Yes, but she got torn a new think-hole. One would like to think that might make her question a few things.

I think that my favourite bit was when she said to him 'What gives you the right to make these generalisations?' and he said 'I'm a clinical psychologist.'

I very nearly spat my unsweetened black coffee over screen at that point. :hehe:

Very good. But surely the point here is that there isn't actually that much thinking going on, because if there was, we wouldn't be where we are. And, whatsmore, there never will be any thinking done either.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-17-2018, 03:00 PM
@Berni
:nod:
"What gives you the right to say that...you're making these vast generalisations"
(puzzled)"I'm a clinical psychologist"
:clap:

Ash
01-17-2018, 03:00 PM
That is not a comment based on knee jerk reaction to Forest and Bournemouth but a seeming decline for years now where we see the same thing again and again.

They were just the latest iterations of the kind of performances we've seen since the defeat to Bradford. How many years ago was that?

Viva Prat Vegas
01-17-2018, 03:02 PM
redgunamo "And, whatsmore, there never will be any thinking done either."

There might be
Never say never

Peter
01-17-2018, 03:08 PM

Maybe we should have a Ministry of Ridiculous Posturing.

Peter
01-17-2018, 03:11 PM

A new rule.

So shall we just agree that wherever we currently are is roughly where we should be? Because 4th was fine, now 6th is fine as long as we are not too far away.

Incidentally, I know you. No way in hell do you consider 'not too far behind Spurs' acceptable.

redgunamo
01-17-2018, 03:12 PM
redgunamo "And, whatsmore, there never will be any thinking done either."

There might be
Never say never

No, by this time, the game is over for far too many people. "Thinking" cannot help them now, it won't do them any good.

redgunamo
01-17-2018, 03:14 PM
So shall we just agree that wherever we currently are is roughly where we should be? Because 4th was fine, now 6th is fine as long as we are not too far away.

Incidentally, I know you. No way in hell do you consider 'not too far behind Spurs' acceptable.

It's fine, so long as Wenger is in charge, I think.

Monty92
01-17-2018, 03:19 PM
So, no.

xxxxx (not kisses, quotas)

Peter
01-17-2018, 03:22 PM
So, no.

I suppose the only option is to decide to improve ourselves. This whole 'competitive sport' nonsense really gets in the way of running a business doesn it.

Damn those bloody scousers and their desire to improve!!

Pokster
01-17-2018, 03:22 PM
So, no.

We could try to improve ourselves... not go backwards

Peter
01-17-2018, 03:23 PM
It's fine, so long as Wenger is in charge, I think.

Just as long as your commandant.......

Guess the film? :)

redgunamo
01-17-2018, 03:25 PM
Just as long as your commandant.......

Guess the film? :)

TGTBATU, of course.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-17-2018, 03:25 PM
Redgunamo "It's fine, so long as Wenger is in charge, I think."
" "Thinking cannot help us now"

Peter
01-17-2018, 03:31 PM
TGTBATU, of course.

Of course :)

redgunamo
01-17-2018, 03:38 PM
Redgunamo "It's fine, so long as Wenger is in charge, I think."
" "Thinking cannot help us now"

:nono: I said "them", not "us".

Viva Prat Vegas
01-17-2018, 03:44 PM
Thinking as a generalisation being effective in some areas but not others

redgunamo
01-17-2018, 03:48 PM
Thinking as a generalisation being effective in some areas but not others

No, it's more that it depends who's doing it. Many people simply can't :shrug:

Viva Prat Vegas
01-17-2018, 04:12 PM
Redgunamo "No, it's more that it depends who's doing it. Many people simply can't "

Different strands of the same psychological action

redgunamo
01-17-2018, 05:24 PM
Redgunamo "No, it's more that it depends who's doing it. Many people simply can't "

Different strands of the same psychological action

If you say so, mate. Personally, I've always been extremely picky about who does and doesn't get to do my thinking for me.

Are you a student?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
01-17-2018, 07:53 PM

I seem to recall a Ministry for Magic. I could be mistaken?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
01-17-2018, 07:54 PM
Why, are you going to?

...and probably that bloke with the headphones off Arsenal Fans TV....

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
01-17-2018, 07:59 PM
So, no.

Are you modd without the learning disability?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-18-2018, 10:16 AM
It is slightly Pythonesque. Perhaps they did for a laugh, just to wind up some Sir Bufton-Tufton types. Like The Big Orange Fella does with his tweets but the other way round.

I think your suggestion that Berni is a Bufton-Tufton type is unfair to our swivel-eyed, right-wing ranter-in-chief. For shame.