PDA

View Full Version : So who's in the know, then? Where is the stroppy Chilean going to end up?

World's End Stella
01-16-2018, 09:09 AM
I reckon the Arsenal answer is underrated. :nod:

Not permanently, you understand, just until the end of the season.

PSRB
01-16-2018, 09:11 AM

I know Theo to Everton is more or less a done deal

SWv2
01-16-2018, 09:21 AM

He can’t stay now, the actions of last Sunday alone mean he is effectively “gone”.

If for example he turns down United now then we know he is a City player, so how can we select him from Feb-May. No different to last week as there would be a question mark over his commitment.

We will also know his decision to not move will have adversely affected the club’s ability or willingness to replace him with Aubameyang or whatever name you want to pick from those listed. Not that he can be blamed if we decide to be tight wads but we know this is what will happen.

Personally, though I accept my opinion is meaningless and irrelevant but just for shít and giggles etc., I would be taking their money + Mkhytarian and then spending further on messers Aubameyang and the lad Malcom. Selling Theo would help balance this expenditure while also opening room within the group.

Of course the above fails to address in any way other deficiencies which are perceived to exist but that’s for another day.

World's End Stella
01-16-2018, 09:27 AM
He can’t stay now, the actions of last Sunday alone mean he is effectively “gone”.

If for example he turns down United now then we know he is a City player, so how can we select him from Feb-May. No different to last week as there would be a question mark over his commitment.

We will also know his decision to not move will have adversely affected the club’s ability or willingness to replace him with Aubameyang or whatever name you want to pick from those listed. Not that he can be blamed if we decide to be tight wads but we know this is what will happen.

Personally, though I accept my opinion is meaningless and irrelevant but just for shít and giggles etc., I would be taking their money + Mkhytarian and then spending further on messers Aubameyang and the lad Malcom. Selling Theo would help balance this expenditure while also opening room within the group.

Of course the above fails to address in any way other deficiencies which are perceived to exist but that’s for another day.

But the decision to stay is entirely up to him, we can't force him to leave.

If he really wants to go to City and City will pay him what he wants in the summer he can simply sit on his arse with us for the next 4 months and there is nothing we can do about it. :shrug:

Peter
01-16-2018, 09:31 AM

If he really wants to go to City and City will pay him what he wants in the summer he can simply sit on his arse with us for the next 4 months and there is nothing we can do about it. :shrug:

Not the end of the world. That is pretty much what the rest of the players will be doing.

For the record, al those who complained every time we sold a player with one year left on his deal, this is why you do it- because keeping them for the last season creates this kind of fuss and costs you a fortune. It was a desperate and idiotic idea that shows just how poor the decision making is in the club. As much as I blame Wenger, it isnt solely down to him.

SWv2
01-16-2018, 09:33 AM

Indeed. An utter shambles in fact.

He should really have played it cool like Mesut who will be equally as guilt of shafting us (as some will see it) but who is attracting little or no scorn from the Arsenal family.

I expect we will hear soon that there is a glint of light in the Mesut talks, blimey, after 1-2 years a glint of light in the home straight.

Very clever.

Burney
01-16-2018, 09:34 AM
I know Theo to Everton is more or less a done deal

Fingers crossed. How do Evertonians feel about being lumbered with Theon?

World's End Stella
01-16-2018, 09:35 AM
Not the end of the world. That is pretty much what the rest of the players will be doing.

For the record, al those who complained every time we sold a player with one year left on his deal, this is why you do it- because keeping them for the last season creates this kind of fuss and costs you a fortune. It was a desperate and idiotic idea that shows just how poor the decision making is in the club. As much as I blame Wenger, it isnt solely down to him.

Interesting comments from some of the journos on that Sunday morning show. Effectively that Guardiola never really played Sanchez that much and didn't rate him at Barca. Given how much Pep values possession this doesn't surprise me.

What surprised me is that Pep wants him at all. But assuming he does and Sanchez wants to go there, it will happen. If he goes elsewhere it's only because they offer him a bundle more than City will.

SWv2
01-16-2018, 09:39 AM

Not wishing to pick a fight nor to single out individuals (I couldn’t anyway) but LOADS of people were arguing fully for him to not be sold last summer.

Very naïve really.

Peter
01-16-2018, 09:41 AM
Interesting comments from some of the journos on that Sunday morning show. Effectively that Guardiola never really played Sanchez that much and didn't rate him at Barca. Given how much Pep values possession this doesn't surprise me.

What surprised me is that Pep wants him at all. But assuming he does and Sanchez wants to go there, it will happen. If he goes elsewhere it's only because they offer him a bundle more than City will.

I had originally thought that City didnt need him but I suppose when you are ****ing loaded and looking to win every trophy you dont limit yourself to what you actually need.

I have a feeling he is one of those players who looks worse in a better side. I never saw him at Barcelona but I would imagine he still gave the ball away a lot.

PSRB
01-16-2018, 09:42 AM
Fingers crossed. How do Evertonians feel about being lumbered with Theon?

BiL is pretty positive, knows they need pace and someone, no matter how frustrating, that at least has a rough idea where the goal is!

World's End Stella
01-16-2018, 09:43 AM
I had originally thought that City didnt need him but I suppose when you are ****ing loaded and looking to win every trophy you dont limit yourself to what you actually need.

I have a feeling he is one of those players who looks worse in a better side. I never saw him at Barcelona but I would imagine he still gave the ball away a lot.

He did, at Barca I saw him any times and he looked a very talented player playing in a team whose style did not suit him.

Hence my surprise at the interest from both parties

PSRB
01-16-2018, 09:44 AM

Thing is, that's actually *******s. I thought that but then looked at the stats and he played nearly all the time under Pep

Peter
01-16-2018, 09:45 AM
Not wishing to pick a fight nor to single out individuals (I couldn’t anyway) but LOADS of people were arguing fully for him to not be sold last summer.

Very naïve really.

Yes, I know. I believe I may have even heard a reference to letting him 'rot in the reserves'......

I can only assume that Wenger clung on to some daft hope that a good start to the season might change his mind, or at least set us up to get back into the top four. Now even he has probably realised that neither of those things are going to happen.

If we sell him now the decision will only have cost us 30 million quid. It has ruined a season that would probably have been just as bad as anyway so that is not a disaster. The real disaster wasnt keeping Sanchez- it was keeping Wenger :(

Peter
01-16-2018, 09:46 AM
BiL is pretty positive, knows they need pace and someone, no matter how frustrating, that at least has a rough idea where the goal is!

I would love to see THeo happy and playing well somewhere else. Failing that, I would love to see him somewhere else.

World's End Stella
01-16-2018, 09:47 AM
Thing is, that's actually *******s. I thought that but then looked at the stats and he played nearly all the time under Pep

Started or played? Would be surprising if these journos were that wrong, the stats were pretty damning.

Peter
01-16-2018, 09:47 AM
Indeed. An utter shambles in fact.

He should really have played it cool like Mesut who will be equally as guilt of shafting us (as some will see it) but who is attracting little or no scorn from the Arsenal family.

I expect we will hear soon that there is a glint of light in the Mesut talks, blimey, after 1-2 years a glint of light in the home straight.

Very clever.

The glint of light (Ozil) story was put out last week. Nobody bought it....

Peter
01-16-2018, 09:48 AM
Started or played? Would be surprising if these journos were that wrong, the stats were pretty damning.

Journalists? Wrong?

Never ;)

World's End Stella
01-16-2018, 09:49 AM
Journalists? Wrong?

Never ;)

Well, they should be able to get simple stats correct.

Mostly because they have other people get them for them, I think. :-)

PSRB
01-16-2018, 09:51 AM

Started, one season he didn't and that's because he was injured on and off all season. Might have taken their stats from that season which is a little bit unfair

Peter
01-16-2018, 09:58 AM
Started, one season he didn't and that's because he was injured on and off all season. Might have taken their stats from that season which is a little bit unfair

Yep, that sounds like most football journalists. :D

redgunamo
01-16-2018, 10:19 AM

Manchester United need him more, it would seem. At Least City are going to win the Premier League.

redgunamo
01-16-2018, 10:20 AM

Maybe Theo will do alright, with Big Sam in charge.

PSRB
01-16-2018, 10:23 AM
Maybe Theo will do alright, with Big Sam in charge.

I suspect he will do very well there, clearly needs a fresh start. For all the maligning he gets goals, not 20 a season but certainly mid-teens and frankly, Everton need that

Peter
01-16-2018, 10:38 AM
I suspect he will do very well there, clearly needs a fresh start. For all the maligning he gets goals, not 20 a season but certainly mid-teens and frankly, Everton need that

He can be great, he can be ****ing woeful. If you are mid table, that is more than good enough.

Tony C
01-16-2018, 10:52 AM
Mentioned the other day about the payment issues the Qatar lot we’re having...owed a slew of trainers just over £1m.

Now all of sudden they developed a conscious about Alexis and don’t want to pay more than £20m or meet his wage demands.

Sounds to me like they’re already making cutbacks in the football world.

Didn’t a major journalist say yesterday that he thought Mbappe and Neymar would end up at Real?

Could be in the final couple of years of their football involvement especially if the other Arab states maintain the blockade.

SWv2
01-16-2018, 11:13 AM
Mentioned the other day about the payment issues the Qatar lot we’re having...owed a slew of trainers just over £1m.

Now all of sudden they developed a conscious about Alexis and don’t want to pay more than £20m or meet his wage demands.

Sounds to me like they’re already making cutbacks in the football world.

Didn’t a major journalist say yesterday that he thought Mbappe and Neymar would end up at Real?

Could be in the final couple of years of their football involvement especially if the other Arab states maintain the blockade.

Mbappe and Neymar will end up at Real probably because they are the biggest football club in the world and no matter what PSG do they will always be small compared to them.

SWv2
01-16-2018, 11:14 AM
He can be great, he can be ****ing woeful. If you are mid table, that is more than good enough.

I would like to be the first to wish him the best of luck at Everton.

I am simply ecstatic that I will never again have to see him play for us.

:shrug:

Peter
01-16-2018, 11:15 AM
Mbappe and Neymar will end up at Real probably because they are the biggest football club in the world and no matter what PSG do they will always be small compared to them.

THere will still be some players who are more concerned with the size of their wage packets than the size of the club.

Peter
01-16-2018, 11:17 AM
I would like to be the first to wish him the best of luck at Everton.

I am simply ecstatic that I will never again have to see him play for us.

:shrug:

You could come up with a list of players who have suffered under Wenger and would have probably done much better if they had left. I dont think THeo is one of them. I think he reached his peak with us and I dont think there was a great deal more to work with.

Burney
01-16-2018, 11:20 AM
You could come up with a list of players who have suffered under Wenger and would have probably done much better if they had left. I dont think THeo is one of them. I think he reached his peak with us and I dont think there was a great deal more to work with.

I think he was an example of Wenger's hubris. He believed his own hype that he could make silk purses out of sows' ears.

Sometimes, however, a sow's ear is just a sow's ear.

Billy Goat Sverige
01-16-2018, 11:22 AM

He will be playing for Utd. We’re going to get Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang and try and create the Dortmund glory days.

redgunamo
01-16-2018, 11:26 AM
I think he was an example of Wenger's hubris. He believed his own hype that he could make silk purses out of sows' ears.

Sometimes, however, a sow's ear is just a sow's ear.

So, you're saying we made a pig's ear out of a sow's ear?

IUFG
01-16-2018, 11:27 AM

He hit his peak in 2008.

He was playing for England.

He is no loss to The Arsenal in 2018.

SWv2
01-16-2018, 11:28 AM
He will be playing for Utd. We’re going to get Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang and try and create the Dortmund glory days.

Apparently / allegedly / totally made uply us getting Mkhitaryan is the major stumbling block here.

He thinks we are shít. Clearly the man has a television and Sky subscription.

Billy Goat Sverige
01-16-2018, 11:30 AM
Apparently / allegedly / totally made uply us getting Mkhitaryan is the major stumbling block here.

I think the issue is he wants a pay off from Utd and they haven’t agreed to it yet. It makes sense as he will probably have to take a wage cut if he moves to us. People are quite disappointed with the idea of getting him but I think he could be great. It’s not the first player Mourinho made look ****.

redgunamo
01-16-2018, 11:31 AM

We're loaded though. That could be a factor.

SWv2
01-16-2018, 11:35 AM
He hit his peak in 2008.

He was playing for England.

He is no loss to The Arsenal in 2018.

He never had a peak, he just bobbled along on a wave of ridiculous expectation and hype created by his early inclusion in an England WC squad, part of which it has been suggested was hype inflated by Wenger.

Hat-trick v Croatia possibly, some decent goals for us playing in a very attacking role in a very attacking side. No great achievement that.

Decided he wanted to be a striker, I have kids who ask me this on a Saturday morning and I just tell them no. Wenger stroked his cóck on this one.

I heard Mark Lawrenson absolutely tear him a new arsehóle last week on the radio. Was never a top player, will never be a top player, over hyped from day one like so many other young players before and after him. He labelled the age old accusation at him that he simply does not really understand the game and does not have the raw desire or whatever to really grab it by the bollócks and thrive.

SWv2
01-16-2018, 11:35 AM
I think the issue is he wants a pay off from Utd and they haven’t agreed to it yet. It makes sense as he will probably have to take a wage cut if he moves to us. People are quite disappointed with the idea of getting him but I think he could be great. It’s not the first player Mourinho made look ****.

Absolute cracking player.

:nod:

IUFG
01-16-2018, 11:46 AM

indeed, De Bruyne.

The thought of Ozil going to work with that ****, Mourinho, again makes me feel sick.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
01-16-2018, 12:21 PM
I would love to see THeo happy and playing well somewhere else. Failing that, I would love to see him somewhere else.

I think that pretty much sums up how I feel

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
01-16-2018, 12:28 PM

I think Walcott has ability and had moments that only players with ability can produce. Unfortunately, he has had many more moments where he has struggled to do even the simple things, which were always going to hamper his development. Perhaps, someone will be able to drill some of that into him. Wenger doesn't appear to be that kind of coach. He wants players to work it out for themselves. some players can, some can't Theo, imo, falls well and truly into the latter.

Of course I will miss his cringe worthy post match interviews.

Rich
01-16-2018, 12:30 PM

We won't be getting both Aubameyang and Malcom. Unless, that is, we are bringing in Henrikh to ship straight off to Dortmund as part of the Aubameyang deal.

SWv2
01-16-2018, 12:35 PM
We won't be getting both Aubameyang and Malcom. Unless, that is, we are bringing in Henrikh to ship straight off to Dortmund as part of the Aubameyang deal.

While I tend to agree with you please show me your workings.

Malcom replaces Walcott, Aubameyang replaces Sanchez and Mkhytarian ultimately replaces Ozil(or simply supplements an attacking structure that needs supplementing).

I can see how it all makes sense, regardless of the fact it won’t happen.

IUFG
01-16-2018, 12:41 PM
I think Walcott has ability and had moments that only players with ability can produce. Unfortunately, he has had many more moments where he has struggled to do even the simple things

see also Danny Welbeck.

With a bit more development, Danny may be able to get a ball under control with his first touch.

World's End Stella
01-16-2018, 12:46 PM
see also Danny Welbeck.

With a bit more development, Danny may be able to get a ball under control with his first touch.

There's another player that belongs at *an* Everton. Danny Welbeck.

See also Aaron Ramsey.

Rich
01-16-2018, 12:50 PM
While I tend to agree with you please show me your workings.

Malcom replaces Walcott, Aubameyang replaces Sanchez and Mkhytarian ultimately replaces Ozil(or simply supplements an attacking structure that needs supplementing).

I can see how it all makes sense, regardless of the fact it won’t happen.

Oh I completely agree with your workings (though I think Ozil will sign a new deal unless the wheels properly fall off our season).

I just think that it would be a financial commitment too far for the club who are likely to be in the UEFA Cup/not in Europe at all for the forseeable future.

SWv2
01-16-2018, 12:56 PM
Oh I completely agree with your workings (though I think Ozil will sign a new deal unless the wheels properly fall off our season).

I just think that it would be a financial commitment too far for the club who are likely to be in the UEFA Cup/not in Europe at all for the forseeable future.

You see the contradiction here?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
01-16-2018, 01:00 PM
He never had a peak, he just bobbled along on a wave of ridiculous expectation and hype created by his early inclusion in an England WC squad, part of which it has been suggested was hype inflated by Wenger.

Hat-trick v Croatia possibly, some decent goals for us playing in a very attacking role in a very attacking side. No great achievement that.

Decided he wanted to be a striker, I have kids who ask me this on a Saturday morning and I just tell them no. Wenger stroked his cóck on this one.

I heard Mark Lawrenson absolutely tear him a new arsehóle last week on the radio. Was never a top player, will never be a top player, over hyped from day one like so many other young players before and after him. He labelled the age old accusation at him that he simply does not really understand the game and does not have the raw desire or whatever to really grab it by the bollócks and thrive.

It started with him going to the World Cup in 2006.

Yesterday Once More
01-16-2018, 01:13 PM
I would take Sanchez over the rest of our snowflake generation. If they are upset because he waves his arms about does it ever occur to them that he has a point? Tony Adams would have done more than wave his arms in despair at the lack of effort, application and professional pride. He would have given them six lace holes up their jacksies. Sanchez leads by example on the field. He is not only our best player but for the whole of last season was our most committed. Clearly he has given up on them now, and I for one don't blame him. If Wenger had gone and we had got a decent manager in I believe he would have stayed, signed a new contract and given it his best shot.

Ash
01-16-2018, 01:38 PM

I can see him scoring against us though. Acres of space to run into. Defenders standing still, or all chasing after the bloke who passed it to him and falling over each other.

SWv2
01-16-2018, 01:46 PM
I would take Sanchez over the rest of our snowflake generation. If they are upset because he waves his arms about does it ever occur to them that he has a point? Tony Adams would have done more than wave his arms in despair at the lack of effort, application and professional pride. He would have given them six lace holes up their jacksies. Sanchez leads by example on the field. He is not only our best player but for the whole of last season was our most committed. Clearly he has given up on them now, and I for one don't blame him. If Wenger had gone and we had got a decent manager in I believe he would have stayed, signed a new contract and given it his best shot.

How do you measure or gauge commitment then?

Do you get extra points for being finger pointy and gesticulaty like a Flamini for example, even if you are shíte.

Or would this stat from last season surprise you:

"Alexis Sanchez, who looks like a busy player and has been described as being like a Duracell bunny for his work rate, only registers an average of 8.52 kilometres per match this season – a full 1.45 kilometres less than Ozil, who travels an average of 9.97 kilometres each match."

Sanchez was in fact 8th in the list.

Peter
01-16-2018, 01:49 PM
How do you measure or gauge commitment then?

Do you get extra points for being finger pointy and gesticulaty like a Flamini for example, even if you are shíte.

Or would this stat from last season surprise you:

"Alexis Sanchez, who looks like a busy player and has been described as being like a Duracell bunny for his work rate, only registers an average of 8.52 kilometres per match this season – a full 1.45 kilometres less than Ozil, who travels an average of 9.97 kilometres each match."

Sanchez was in fact 8th in the list.

On that basis, Cech is a lazy ****.

redgunamo
01-16-2018, 02:04 PM
On that basis, Cech is a lazy ****.

And Wenger Himself is even worse.

You can prove anything with stats, even occasionally the truth.

Tony C
01-16-2018, 02:07 PM
Seemed to be all downhill for Theo after that injury in the NLD when he did the 2-0 to the Spurs fans.

Round about the same time Ramsey was in insane form.

Tony C
01-16-2018, 02:09 PM
Ox might be the smartest of the bunch...saw the others going stale and decides to make his move before it’s too late.

7sisters
01-16-2018, 02:38 PM
Yes, I know. I believe I may have even heard a reference to letting him 'rot in the reserves'......

I can only assume that Wenger clung on to some daft hope that a good start to the season might change his mind, or at least set us up to get back into the top four. Now even he has probably realised that neither of those things are going to happen.

If we sell him now the decision will only have cost us 30 million quid. It has ruined a season that would probably have been just as bad as anyway so that is not a disaster. The real disaster wasnt keeping Sanchez- it was keeping Wenger :(

would that not count as a fair bit more. He must be worth at least 20 -25 ?

Peter
01-16-2018, 03:03 PM
would that not count as a fair bit more. He must be worth at least 20 -25 ?

Oh I have no idea what the deal might look like. I am just basing it on reported fees of around 30 odd million.

Peter
01-16-2018, 03:04 PM
I can see him scoring against us though. Acres of space to run into. Defenders standing still, or all chasing after the bloke who passed it to him and falling over each other.

Well, quite. I think any of us would fancy scoring against Arsenal. Not that we would want to, obviously.....