PDA

View Full Version : So is there a sweep on what killed herself out of The Cranberries yet?

Burney
01-15-2018, 05:53 PM
2/1: Cancer
Evens: The Persian rugs imo.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-15-2018, 06:09 PM

Mercy me, she was young! The part of Ireland I frequent considers them 'their' local band so there'll be a few extras downed tonight :anyexcuse:

Burney
01-15-2018, 07:31 PM
Mercy me, she was young! The part of Ireland I frequent considers them 'their' local band so there'll be a few extras downed tonight :anyexcuse:

My mother - who is Irish - found the way she sang in her accent highly offensive.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-15-2018, 08:22 PM
My mother - who is Irish - found the way she sang in her accent highly offensive.

. . . . . . .

Burney
01-15-2018, 11:25 PM
. . . . . . .

Dublin-born Catholic, convent-educated... what definition of ‘Irish’ are you looking for, h?

Or are you one of these English types who thinks that only shít-covered culchies really count as authentically ‘Irish’? The sort for whom only ignorance + poverty = authenticity?

I think you’re better than that, h.

redgunamo
01-16-2018, 07:59 AM
Dublin-born Catholic, convent-educated... what definition of ‘Irish’ are you looking for, h?

Or are you one of these English types who thinks that only shít-covered culchies really count as authentically ‘Irish’? The sort for whom only ignorance + poverty = authenticity?

Nobody's better than that, I think. Not even your mum apparently.

In fairness, my old man took me to see "Ipi Tombi", back when I was a kid. lol :titsup:

redgunamo
01-16-2018, 08:02 AM

That's rocknroll, innit. For me, "Linger" is an all-time great performance and song, so well done, her.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-16-2018, 08:42 AM

. . . . . . .

Pokster
01-16-2018, 08:46 AM

Suicide imo

went to see them in concert in the mid 90's..... thoroughly enjoyable imo

SWv2
01-16-2018, 08:59 AM

Some form of prescription medication abuse vis a vis Prince etc.

Trust me.

redgunamo
01-16-2018, 09:03 AM

Trust me.

Back injury, wunnit? 2-3 weeks job. The wife likes them and mentioned awhile back that they'd cancelled gigs because of it.

PSRB
01-16-2018, 09:12 AM

Suicide, imo

Peter
01-16-2018, 09:33 AM

I think the popular term is West British.... :)

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-16-2018, 10:01 AM
I think the popular term is West British.... :)

My guess is she'd look down her nose at West Brits. Randy as a stoat though by all accounts.

IUFG
01-16-2018, 10:05 AM

Trust me.

depressive type wasn't she?

I'm not surprised. Depressive stuff, The Cranberries.

Burney
01-16-2018, 10:10 AM

Trust me.

The old 'accidental overdose' job, eh?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-16-2018, 10:12 AM
depressive type wasn't she?

I'm not surprised. Depressive stuff, The Cranberries.

I don't think you could be from Limerick and not carry a deep melancholy inside you somewhere.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-16-2018, 10:15 AM
I'd settle for a Hendrix. Could have just taken a bit too much of the medicine with a bit too much of the drink without actually intending to kill herself. Best for the family to believe that.

Burney
01-16-2018, 10:22 AM
I'd settle for a Hendrix. Could have just taken a bit too much of the medicine with a bit too much of the drink without actually intending to kill herself. Best for the family to believe that.

Wasn't there some story that it was the St John's Ambulance who killed Jimi with monstrous incompetence?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-16-2018, 10:28 AM
Wasn't there some story that it was the St John's Ambulance who killed Jimi with monstrous incompetence?

Makes sense as in '69 most St John's crew members were nothing like a modern, properly trained paramedic. No experience of drugs ya see.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
01-16-2018, 10:37 AM

Your thinking of Leah Betts.

Burney
01-16-2018, 10:50 AM
Your thinking of Leah Betts.

She killed herself by being ignorant and drinking an absurd amount of water. Always made me despair that her parents tried to use her death as a weapon against Ecstasy when in fact they should have been using it as a platform to increase education about drugs. That girl didn't die because she took ecstasy, she died because she had been horribly misinformed about how ecstasy works.

IUFG
01-16-2018, 11:56 AM
She killed herself by being ignorant and drinking an absurd amount of water. Always made me despair that her parents tried to use her death as a weapon against Ecstasy when in fact they should have been using it as a platform to increase education about drugs. That girl didn't die because she took ecstasy, she died because she had been horribly misinformed about how ecstasy works.

7 litres of water in a 90-minute period. Swollen brain. deed.

Ash
01-16-2018, 01:20 PM

Can I stick a couple of bob on Hillary Clinton?

redgunamo
01-16-2018, 01:28 PM
Can I stick a couple of bob on Hillary Clinton?

You suspect dear old Dolores knew something :sherlock: #4Chan