PDA

View Full Version : I’ve wanted a young Brazilian winger with pace and trickery

Billy Goat Sverige
01-12-2018, 09:30 AM
For **** knows how long. I never imagined him to be named Malcom :-|

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
01-12-2018, 09:34 AM
For **** knows how long all. I never imagined him to be named Malcom :-|
He may well be a winger but the SFC will play Malcom in the middle.

Burney
01-12-2018, 09:38 AM

:clap: You've been saving that one up, haven't you?

SWv2
01-12-2018, 09:39 AM
For **** knows how long all. I never imagined him to be named Malcom :-|

The new Henry BGM.

Or “Very fast, very skilful, won’t score a lot of goals” to quote a Brazilian source of mine, supporter of Corinthians.

Ash
01-12-2018, 09:41 AM

:cloud9:

https://i0.wp.com/www.gunnerstown.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/05AAFA03-0892-4F1F-BB43-6D71CEEC12CA.jpeg?resize=236%2C340

Billy Goat Sverige
01-12-2018, 09:41 AM
The new Henry BGM.

Or “Very fast, very skilful, won’t score a lot of goals” to quote a Brazilian source of mine, supporter of Corinthians.

Sounds a bit like Chamberlain :-\

Burney
01-12-2018, 09:50 AM
Sounds a bit like Chamberlain :-\

I don't think anyone would ever have described him as 'very skilful' bgm.

Burney
01-12-2018, 09:50 AM
The new Henry BGM.

He will be shït. This much is obvious.

Pat Vegas
01-12-2018, 09:54 AM

Of course, doesn't matter who we sign.

Lacazette won't be around for long either.

SWv2
01-12-2018, 09:59 AM

Shít name to start off with.

I like this Brazilian naming convention where most just take one name but this lad has shown a remarkable lack of invention.

Burney
01-12-2018, 10:01 AM
Of course, doesn't matter who we sign.

Lacazette won't be around for long either.

Our signings always seem completely unrelated to the areas most agree need strengthening. If we need a top-class central defender or goalkeeper, we will invariably sign a tricky winger of restricted growth. :shrug:

Burney
01-12-2018, 10:02 AM

I like this Brazilian naming convention where most just take one name but this lad has shown a remarkable lack of invention.

Failing to spell Malcolm properly also isn't a good sign.

Peter
01-12-2018, 10:13 AM

And Wenger has said we are not signing him.....

Pat Vegas
01-12-2018, 10:16 AM

I thought it was going to be Wellington Silva :-(

Luis Anaconda
01-12-2018, 10:18 AM
And Wenger has said we are not signing him.....
I think he actually said "Yes, no, maybe, I don't know. Can you repeat the question?"

PSRB
01-12-2018, 10:18 AM

You could have a wonderful team of Brazilians with names that roll off the tongue, such as Fred, Jo, Bernard & Malcolm.

redgunamo
01-12-2018, 10:36 AM

Who did you have in mind, B?

Peter
01-12-2018, 10:50 AM
I think he actually said "Yes, no, maybe, I don't know. Can you repeat the question?"

:hehe::hehe:

World's End Stella
01-12-2018, 11:00 AM
Our signings always seem completely unrelated to the areas most agree need strengthening. If we need a top-class central defender or goalkeeper, we will invariably sign a tricky winger of restricted growth. :shrug:

Possibly because every time the SFC tries to sign a defender or keeper he does it on the cheap and gets it wrong.

His hit rate on skillful attacking players is much better, Ramsey aside. :-)

Peter
01-12-2018, 11:21 AM
Possibly because every time the SFC tries to sign a defender or keeper he does it on the cheap and gets it wrong.

His hit rate on skillful attacking players is much better, Ramsey aside. :-)

Aside from Koscielny, Cech, Per, Monreal, Mustafi, Gallas, Big Sol, Sagna........

World's End Stella
01-12-2018, 11:45 AM
Aside from Koscielny, Cech, Per, Monreal, Mustafi, Gallas, Big Sol, Sagna........

Cech and Sol were on frees and it hardly took a genius to spot that those two would work, although I would argue that Cech's replacement should have been a priority this past summer.

As for the rest, Kos was a good buy, Per was not, Monreal was a good buy, Mustafi is very questionable at this point, Gallas was a nutter and Sagna was also good.

Would you like me to list the failures at this point? Nah. Can't be bothered although I'd start with Almunia.

SWv2
01-12-2018, 12:06 PM
Cech and Sol were on frees and it hardly took a genius to spot that those two would work, although I would argue that Cech's replacement should have been a priority this past summer.

As for the rest, Kos was a good buy, Per was not, Monreal was a good buy, Mustafi is very questionable at this point, Gallas was a nutter and Sagna was also good.

Would you like me to list the failures at this point? Nah. Can't be bothered although I'd start with Almunia.

Harsh on Mertesacker over the entire period of his time with us. Perhaps this season is one too far but that is not his fault if so, he has done very well for us over the years and joined us at an exact time when we were footballistically ****ed.

Him and Lego head, perfect signings at the time.

Luis Anaconda
01-12-2018, 12:50 PM

Cech cost 10million so not a free ffs. Per was an excellent signing at a difficult time - ridiculous if you can't see that

Viva Prat Vegas
01-12-2018, 12:53 PM
:hehe:
Plenty of funny comments and posts in this thread
WD AWIMB

Viva Prat Vegas
01-12-2018, 12:55 PM
World's End Stella "Mustafi is very questionable at this point"

I would question that

I would also question why Gabriel was shown the door so quickly

World's End Stella
01-12-2018, 01:03 PM
Harsh on Mertesacker over the entire period of his time with us. Perhaps this season is one too far but that is not his fault if so, he has done very well for us over the years and joined us at an exact time when we were footballistically ****ed.

Him and Lego head, perfect signings at the time.

Perfect if your goal is to make the top four and get value for money, yes. I was thinking of being more ambitious but I recognize that that was hopelessly naïve.

World's End Stella
01-12-2018, 01:05 PM
World's End Stella "Mustafi is very questionable at this point"

I would question that

I would also question why Gabriel was shown the door so quickly

You think Mustafi has looked like a 30mil+ CB, S? I thought he started very well but it was largely reported that Wenger was trying to get rid and it mystifies me how a German international with his experience can routinely throw himself into tackles the way he does. I think the jury being out is fair.

Gabriel I'm with you on, given some of the physical ability we saw I still don't understand how he didn't make it. I blame Wenger. :-)

Peter
01-12-2018, 01:10 PM

Aside from the inaccuracies others have noted (your opinion of Per is ludicrous) you are moving the goalposts slightly with Mustafi. You stated that Wenger did things on the cheap and got it wrong- even if Mustafi is **** (he isnt) the point is that he wasnt cheap, far from it. If anything his being **** would only prove your theory to be even more inaccurate.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-12-2018, 01:12 PM
Looking at his debut season Mustafi was a player of two halves so indeed it was questionable as to how he could go from one extreme to the other
However he has reached a greater level of consistency this season and was vitally magnificent against Tottenham
Best as the middle man in a three and a more suitable wearer of the armband than Per

redgunamo
01-12-2018, 01:13 PM
Perfect if your goal is to make the top four and get value for money, yes. I was thinking of being more ambitious but I recognize that that was hopelessly naïve.

Not naïve, I think. None of us realised that Wenger had actually become a de facto Director of Football, rather than a mere football manaager.

Peter
01-12-2018, 01:15 PM
Looking at his debut season Mustafi was a player of two halves so indeed it was questionable as to how he could go from one extreme to the other
However he has reached a greater level of consistency this season and was vitally magnificent against Tottenham
Best as the middle man in a three and a more suitable wearer of the armband than Per

I am far from convinced about him being in the middle of the three, with Kos shoved to the side. I think it looked more stable with Kos in the middle.

either way, its ****ing ****e.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-12-2018, 01:19 PM
Kos has gone all wobbly lately
Injury is to blame I think

redgunamo
01-12-2018, 01:22 PM
I am far from convinced about him being in the middle of the three, with Kos shoved to the side. I think it looked more stable with Kos in the middle.

Yes, three central defenders tends to mean you don't think one or two of that three are really good enough, doesn't it.

Not sure that applies here though, as it was presented as more of a change-for-change's-sake solution, wasn't it. Even if one or two of the three really aren't good enough.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-12-2018, 01:26 PM
Or it means you have three top top CDs and either cannot decide on which one to leave out in a back four or you have full-backs who keep going awandering upfield

World's End Stella
01-12-2018, 01:29 PM
Aside from the inaccuracies others have noted (your opinion of Per is ludicrous) you are moving the goalposts slightly with Mustafi. You stated that Wenger did things on the cheap and got it wrong- even if Mustafi is **** (he isnt) the point is that he wasnt cheap, far from it. If anything his being **** would only prove your theory to be even more inaccurate.

Oh I didn't mean to suggest that Wenger *only* does it on the cheap and gets it wrong. He can get the expensive ones wrong as well. :-)

Ash
01-12-2018, 01:37 PM
Yes, three central defenders tends to mean you don't think one or two of that three are really good enough, doesn't it.

Not sure that applies here though, as it was presented as more of a change-for-change's-sake solution, wasn't it. Even if one or two of the three really aren't good enough.

Emergency jump leads when he had no ideas left. Won us another FA Cup, of course, but since then we've defended just as badly on the whole, and with a more dysfunctional midfield. I'm a bit worried about the damage to the two rosbifs back there as well.

World's End Stella
01-12-2018, 01:44 PM

Hold on, you've just used Kos and Mustafi as examples of Wenger's success but when they comprise two of our three CBs you describe it as 'f*cking sh1te'?

Explain yourself man, or is it just another 'Wenger Out'?

redgunamo
01-12-2018, 01:48 PM
Emergency jump leads when he had no ideas left. Won us another FA Cup, of course, but since then we've defended just as badly on the whole, and with a more dysfunctional midfield. I'm a bit worried about the damage to the two rosbifs back there as well.

Yes, I'm convinced He only signs English players because of their passports; they're not really "English players" in the way we understand the term.

Saying that, I sincerely hope at least one of them becomes the new Steve Bould.

SWv2
01-12-2018, 02:00 PM

I think that is entirely the goal of the football club.

:shrug:

Peter
01-12-2018, 02:11 PM
Hold on, you've just used Kos and Mustafi as examples of Wenger's success but when they comprise two of our three CBs you describe it as 'f*cking sh1te'?

Explain yourself man, or is it just another 'Wenger Out'?

My point was that the defence looks better with Kos in the middle but is still ****ing ****e because, well, we are ****ing ****e. The whole 'manager is a complete **** and the only good players we have want toleave' kind of thing.....

Even when the back three functions ok it has the worst central midfield in the history of football in front of it.... three Bobby Moores would struggle to keep a clean sheet with that **** as protection.

Peter
01-12-2018, 02:12 PM

It was. It is increasingly becoming the distant dream. The 'goal' is probably now top 6......

World's End Stella
01-12-2018, 02:13 PM
My point was that the defence looks better with Kos in the middle but is still ****ing ****e because, well, we are ****ing ****e. The whole 'manager is a complete **** and the only good players we have want toleave' kind of thing.....

Even when the back three functions ok it has the worst central midfield in the history of football in front of it.... three Bobby Moores would struggle to keep a clean sheet with that **** as protection.

So just another 'Wenger Out' then. :thumbup:

redgunamo
01-12-2018, 02:15 PM

Are we not the football club then :-(

SWv2
01-12-2018, 03:06 PM
Are we not the football club then :-(

I think fans have higher goals, perhaps sometimes unrealistic but then as fans/supporters we have to dream.

Spoiled by 98-2004 some may suggest.

Peter
01-12-2018, 03:42 PM
So just another 'Wenger Out' then. :thumbup:

With a specific point regarding the make up of the back three, yes :)