PDA

View Full Version : I was watching a Tim Cup last week and it was weird as the commentators

Pat Vegas
01-11-2018, 09:26 AM
where on strike. So it was weird watching it with just the crowd noise.

I love Italy.

Luis Anaconda
01-11-2018, 09:31 AM
where on strike. So it was weird watching it with just the crowd noise.

I love Italy.

There's a cup to be the best TIM? I vote Tim McInnerny

Pat Vegas
01-11-2018, 09:36 AM

It's a big mobile network there. in Italy they have this weird thing of using English in everything these days.
Every advert has English slogans it seems to be more than ever.
I even saw a petrol station called Selfie.

Even Barilla Pasta goes with 'Masters of Pasta' I think of some old woman in a small town watching these any having no idea what's going on.

Does this happen in Germany?

Burney
01-11-2018, 09:40 AM

Has to be Tim Farron for me. For the lols.

Luis Anaconda
01-11-2018, 09:41 AM
It's a big mobile network there. in Italy they have this weird thing of using English in everything these days.
Every advert has English slogans it seems to be more than ever.
I even saw a petrol station called Selfie.

Even Barilla Pasta goes with 'Masters of Pasta' I think of some old woman in a small town watching these any having no idea what's going on.

Does this happen in Germany?
Oh yes - so many slogans are in English- Even saw one yesterday that said something like Germany's Ginger Wonder (for an innocent smoothie with carrots ffs)

Luis Anaconda
01-11-2018, 09:43 AM
Has to be Tim Farron for me. For the lols.

I think he'd struggle early doors - he'd need a good run to the final, perhaps get a Sherwood early on, followed by a Henman. Could be in trouble if he ran into a Mallett though - that flamboyance might be the end of him

Burney
01-11-2018, 09:49 AM
I think he'd struggle early doors - he'd need a good run to the final, perhaps get a Sherwood early on, followed by a Henman. Could be in trouble if he ran into a Mallett though - that flamboyance might be the end of him

I think Berners-Lee has to be in with a shout. Good track record, but he hasn't done a lot lately.

Burney
01-11-2018, 09:51 AM
Oh yes - so many slogans are in English- Even saw one yesterday that said something like Germany's Ginger Wonder (for an innocent smoothie with carrots ffs)

I would have thought that title would belong to Boris Becker

Pokster
01-11-2018, 09:52 AM

Nice but Dim might just outfox the lot

Luis Anaconda
01-11-2018, 09:54 AM
I would have thought that title would belong to Boris Becker

I went for Matthias Sammer, but good shout. Ginger Germans are just weird

Burney
01-11-2018, 10:00 AM
I went for Matthias Sammer, but good shout. Ginger Germans are just weird

Could have been Stefan Effenberg. I always liked how mad he was.

Luis Anaconda
01-11-2018, 10:15 AM
Could have been Stefan Effenberg. I always liked how mad he was.

Der Tiger :bow: Possibly my favourite non-Arsenal player ever. Was utterly brilliant against us at Highbury just before Arsene joined (about 647AD, I believe). Possibly the most un-German German player ever

Ash
01-11-2018, 12:59 PM

A good call, Darling, but I'm going for Tim Spall.

Luis Anaconda
01-11-2018, 01:18 PM
A good call, Darling, but I'm going for Tim Spall.
Yep - I think you might have a winner there, a