PDA

View Full Version : I really really hope we don't sell Alexis to city in this window. It would show what

eastgermanautos
01-09-2018, 05:20 PM
greasy little whores we are. Or rather, show ever-more emphatically this fact.

Pat Vegas
01-09-2018, 06:18 PM
We will look ****ing stupid if he leaves on a free.
Should have been sold last summer. Another prime example how **** we are currently are on and off the pitch.

eastgermanautos
01-09-2018, 07:26 PM
We will look ****ing stupid if he leaves on a free.
Should have been sold last summer. Another prime example how **** we are currently are on and off the pitch.

The most successful clubs have control of their players. If someone doesn't want to play for us, we only sell them when we're ready. Money should not come into it. It's a matter of principle. Van Persie was a huge sap to our morale. i doubt if we've ever truly recovered.

Bergkamp Was Best
01-10-2018, 09:17 AM
Wenger is weak, he is also dishonest.

He knew there was no way Sanchez was going to sign another contract, he should have shipped him out abroad in the summer instead of leading fans into believing there was still some hope that he would stay in the long term.

He and the board are slowly but surely ruining my beloved football club, WENGER OUT AND TAKE STAN WITH YOU :wave:

PSRB
01-10-2018, 09:29 AM
Wenger is weak, he is also dishonest.

He knew there was no way Sanchez was going to sign another contract, he should have shipped him out abroad in the summer instead of leading fans into believing there was still some hope that he would stay in the long term.

He and the board are slowly but surely ruining my beloved football club, WENGER OUT AND TAKE STAN WITH YOU :wave:

Never thought he was going to stay, always thought and still do think that Ozil will stay.

Of course, you can't just ship a player abroad, they are perfectly entitled to see out their contract

redgunamo
01-10-2018, 09:40 AM
The most successful clubs have control of their players. If someone doesn't want to play for us, we only sell them when we're ready. Money should not come into it. It's a matter of principle. Van Persie was a huge sap to our morale. i doubt if we've ever truly recovered.

Please don't talk like that, e. You'll upset poor old Georgie Eastham.

Bergkamp Was Best
01-10-2018, 09:41 AM
Never thought he was going to stay, always thought and still do think that Ozil will stay.

Of course, you can't just ship a player abroad, they are perfectly entitled to see out their contract

That's true but why didn't the club come to an agreement with Sanchez and say "Look, we know you want to go, sign a contract but we'll add a clause stating if you still want to go after this season then you can."

We don't get left high and dry and can still command some decent money for him. Honestly, can you think of another Premier League club that handles there contract negotiations more shabbily than Arsenal? :shrug:

PSRB
01-10-2018, 09:48 AM
That's true but why didn't the club come to an agreement with Sanchez and say "Look, we know you want to go, sign a contract but we'll add a clause stating if you still want to go after this season then you can."

We don't get left high and dry and can still command some decent money for him. Honestly, can you think of another Premier League club that handles there contract negotiations more shabbily than Arsenal? :shrug:

:shrug: Maybe we tried? These days the players hold nearly all the control. He's got no loyalty to us, not his childhood club, etc.

Agree on the contract point, we do seem to be incredibly bad at that

Luis Anaconda
01-10-2018, 09:53 AM
:shrug: Maybe we tried? These days the players hold nearly all the control. He's got no loyalty to us, not his childhood club, etc.

If only the club recognised that and are completely overhauling the way they do things... oh

Bergkamp Was Best
01-10-2018, 09:54 AM

And this where Wenger and the board are weak, he should have given Sanchez 2 options:

1. Sign the contract with a buy-out clause.

2. Leave now or we don't play you.

SIMPLES!

PSRB
01-10-2018, 10:01 AM
If only the club recognised that and are completely overhauling the way they do things... oh

Well lets see if the situation improves, hopefully it will. I still don't think there's a lot you can do with a player like Sanchez

IUFG
01-10-2018, 10:07 AM

As long as the overhaul includes the defenestration of Wenger, I'm cool with it.

Poor Wenger. He's become like the lovable uncle with dementia. You love him, but its not him anymore... :-(

redgunamo
01-10-2018, 10:12 AM
Well lets see if the situation improves, hopefully it will. I still don't think there's a lot you can do with a player like Sanchez

Right. Actually, I doubt there's much you can do with any player.

PSRB
01-10-2018, 10:18 AM
Right. Actually, I doubt there's much you can do with any player.

Some players are more mercenary than others, see: E. Adebayor for instance

redgunamo
01-10-2018, 10:29 AM
Some players are more mercenary than others, see: E. Adebayor for instance

They're (we're?) all the same, imo. "Mercenary" is just a pejorative used for people we don't like.

Ash
01-10-2018, 10:31 AM
They're (we're?) all the same, imo. "Mercenary" is just a pejorative used for people we don't like.

Indeed. "Contractors" being the more favourable term, n'est ce pas?

redgunamo
01-10-2018, 10:36 AM

:shrug: Sticks and stones, A. Sticks and stones.

#ShowMeTheMoney

IUFG
01-10-2018, 10:40 AM

When in fact they are employees, on a fixed term contract.

I wonder if they receive a redundancy payment if the club allows their contract expires after 2+ years. They should :rubchin:

Ash
01-10-2018, 10:53 AM
When in fact they are employees, on a fixed term contract.

I wonder if they receive a redundancy payment if the club allows their contract expires after 2+ years. They should :rubchin:

Slight Woosh! there, but never mind. ;-)

SWv2
01-10-2018, 11:20 AM

Does kind of beg the question all the same if he is going to stay as you believe why has he not agreed to this point?

Given his comments last summer about sitting down with the club on his return to London, who refused the meet, the player or the club, was it ever actually on as an event?

At this stage of proceedings he would be stone mad to sign for us before the summer when he can officially speak with other PL clubs (we all know this happens anyway) while any dirty foreign interest can be made open now.

So money wise he can do better elsewhere, football wise he could go for the new challenge malarkey and probably match us in respect of having the chance to win things so in terms of us being at the front of the queue it comes down to London life.

I actually think MO has played this whole thing very cutely, very well advised, all the flak is on the Chilean while the German just mooches along reminding everybody every now and then how fúcking brilliant he can be.

Man Utd would be my guess at this point.