PDA

View Full Version : How much did you pay for your last pair of jeans?

Ash
01-08-2018, 02:53 PM
I don't buy clothes very often. £80 for a pair of 511s seems noticeably more than last time, especially as I needed two.

Sir C
01-08-2018, 02:58 PM
I only buy jeans once a year, at the 7forallmankind sale, because I like them but object to paying £270 a pair.

During the sale they do BOGOF if you're on the maiuling list.

IUFG
01-08-2018, 03:00 PM
I don't buy clothes very often. £80 for a pair of 511s seems noticeably more than last time, especially as I needed two.

About £90 for a pair of Lacoste and about £70 for a pair of Timberland.

Does seem expensive, I suppose, for what is essentially work-wear.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-08-2018, 03:01 PM
Go to Gap for their 255.5 jeans range
Half the price of those 511s

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
01-08-2018, 03:01 PM

Just back from the US of A. Picked up Levis jeans (505s) for $39.99. Basically, all the jeans in the Levis shop were $39.99

PSRB
01-08-2018, 03:04 PM

Nothing, I get them off the BiL

Viva Prat Vegas
01-08-2018, 03:06 PM
Do you get training gear and all that **** from him too ?

SWv2
01-08-2018, 03:06 PM

About €150 for a pair of 1967 505s last July.

Must actually wash them at some point.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-08-2018, 03:08 PM
:nod: Mee too Steve
After 2 weeks they start to get slimy

PSRB
Do you get training gear and all that **** from him too ?

Used to, generally he has an annual clearance of stuff he's worn once or twice. Must be due one, in fact!

Herbert Augustus Chapman
About £90 for a pair of Lacoste and about £70 for a pair of Timberland.

Does seem expensive, I suppose, for what is essentially work-wear.
Do they have those pretty girly patterns on the back ... ya big puff

Ash
01-08-2018, 03:19 PM
Go to Gap for their 255.5 jeans range
Half the price of those 511s

So are they some kind of cover version?

Mind the gap imo. :sherlock:

Donald
01-08-2018, 03:21 PM

I have not bought any new clothes for 6 or 7 years. I wait until they are literally falling apart. My complete set of underwear are riddled with holes. Ive been meaning to purchase a new set of socks/pants for 3 years but not got around to it. I own 2 pairs of jeans which I rotate. Both have gaping holes in the crutch area but will be fine for another 3 or 4 years I guess.

Ash
01-08-2018, 03:41 PM
I have not bought any new clothes for 6 or 7 years. I wait until they are literally falling apart. My complete set of underwear are riddled with holes. Ive been meaning to purchase a new set of socks/pants for 3 years but not got around to it. I own 2 pairs of jeans which I rotate. Both have gaping holes in the crutch area but will be fine for another 3 or 4 years I guess.

An interesting policy. I can see where you are coming from but even to a sloth like me that is a little extreme. With all those holes do the danglies not get a little cold in this weather?

IUFG
01-08-2018, 04:12 PM
Do they have those pretty girly patterns on the back ... ya big puff

No. Why the **** would you think they have?

...and I'm not a public school educated closet heemasex, after all.

homosexuality - nttawwt

SWv2
01-08-2018, 04:19 PM
No. Why the **** would you think they have?

...and I'm not a public school educated closet heemasex, after all.

homosexuality - nttawwt

I have to say I am massively disturbed by Herb’s announcement today.

Trying to slip this out under cover of our FA Cup humiliation, a desperate attempt to hide and indeed bury this shocking clarification of his credentials.

Herbie the rugby playing, tails wearing public school ponce boy.

IUFG
01-08-2018, 04:21 PM

frankly, he must be a huge disappointment to the family :blacksheep:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/70Mi2uXxYu0/maxresdefault.jpg

Sir C
01-08-2018, 04:25 PM
I have to say I am massively disturbed by Herb’s announcement today.

Trying to slip this out under cover of our FA Cup humiliation, a desperate attempt to hide and indeed bury this shocking clarification of his credentials.

The same public school ponce types who batter Weller's working class heroes in Eton Rifles?

Burney
01-08-2018, 04:28 PM
The same public school ponce types who batter Weller's working class heroes in Eton Rifles?

I did always like the line "We were no match for their untamed wit/Though some of the lads said they'd be back next week", which suggests Weller may have an actual sense of humour - something of which I'd never otherwise have suspected him.

SWv2
01-08-2018, 04:36 PM

That song was actually inspired by events at an unemployment march which went from Liverpool (oddly enough) and through its journey made it through Slough / Eton where the school chaps were to stood watching and shouting “Hello, Hooray” etc.

The ins and outs of the actual fight I am unaware of.

Sir C
01-08-2018, 04:38 PM
That song was actually inspired by events at an unemployment march which went from Liverpool (oddly enough) and through its journey made it through Slough / Eton where the school chaps were to stood watching and shouting “Hello, Hooray” etc.

The ins and outs of the actual fight I am unaware of.

The oiks got battered. That's the whole point.

Burney
01-08-2018, 04:45 PM

Hugh Laurie would have been an Etonian who would be roughly contemporaneous with Weller, I think. As an accomplished wet bob, I'm sure he'd have battered Weller without breaking a sweat.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-08-2018, 04:47 PM

Council estate types from Slough back in the 60's would frequently amuse themselves by roughing up Etonians and pinching their top hats.

Now there is an urban myth that arose about an Eton boxing blue who would deliberately set himself up as bait when the word went round that the roughs were up to their tricks and would beat the shít out of whoever tried to take his hat.

It wasn't an urban myth though. Not long before Rifles came out, an Eastender I was working with when I did my apprenticeship, told me he and a little mob of his mates had gone to Eton to pinch top hats and their daddy had, indeed, been battered by a toff. True story.

I always assumed the story had somehow made it to Weller

redgunamo
01-08-2018, 04:48 PM
Hugh Laurie would have been an Etonian who would be roughly contemporaneous with Weller, I think. As an accomplished wet bob, I'm sure he'd have battered Weller without breaking a sweat.

"All that rowing puts hairs on your chest" would've worked rather well too, wouldn't it.

Burney
01-08-2018, 04:51 PM
"All that rowing puts hairs on your chest" would've worked rather well too, wouldn't it.

"There's a row going on, down near Slough", in fact.

SWv2
01-08-2018, 04:51 PM

Weller was not actually involved in the scrap, it was an event which he had read about.

The lyrics were part based on this event and also on a fight which occured in Leeds between members of The Jam and their road crew and an Australian rugby side, the incident resulted in PW attending Leeds Magistrates Court where he was charged with some nonsense or other, breaching the peace type thing.

Burney
01-08-2018, 05:10 PM
Weller was not actually involved in the scrap, it was an event which he had read about.

The lyrics were part based on this event and also on a fight which occured in Leeds between members of The Jam and their road crew and an Australian rugby side, the incident resulted in PW attending Leeds Magistrates Court where he was charged with some nonsense or other, breaching the peace type thing.

Shush. I'm just enjoying the image of Weller being punched in the face by Hugh Laurie. :cloud9:

Rich
01-08-2018, 05:10 PM

Typically around £50 for a pair of 501s at the Levi outlet store at Gunwharf. A terrible place, of course. But I tend to get dragged there once every 12-18 months through no choice of my own :-(

redgunamo
01-08-2018, 05:14 PM
Typically around £50 for a pair of 501s at the Levi outlet store at Gunwharf. A terrible place, of course. But I tend to get dragged there once every 12-18 months through no choice of my own :-(

I had an idea you were a married man, R? That's what wives are for, you know; shopping and stuff.

Rich
01-08-2018, 05:24 PM
I had an idea you were a married man, R? That's what wives are for, you know; shopping and stuff.

Well, engaged for now, r. Let's leave the married part until 2019.

Tony C
01-08-2018, 06:23 PM
Back in the day you’d get the Levi’s for a fiver at Wembley market :nod:

redgunamo
01-09-2018, 08:16 AM
Well, engaged for now, r. Let's leave the married part until 2019.

Oh, ah. Well, good luck with it.

Billy Goat Sverige
01-09-2018, 09:50 AM
32/34 Tight.

Ash
01-09-2018, 12:43 PM
399kr for a pair of black Cheap Monday jeans. 32/34 Tight.

I've got a pair of them! Well, 32/32. They can go underneath a pair of walking trousers in very cold weather. I expect you'd know about that. Next cold home game I'm sorted. :thumbup: