PDA

View Full Version : The whole club is currently a shambles

Pat Vegas
01-08-2018, 10:17 AM
I hope Wenger leaves in the summer it's getting quite ridicules.

it's time for a fresh start.

Ash
01-08-2018, 10:25 AM
I hope Wenger leaves in the summer it's getting quite ridicules.

it's time for a fresh start.

To be fair to Veng he has finally unified most of the fanbase. Against him.

Pat Vegas
01-08-2018, 10:31 AM
To be fair to Veng he has finally unified most of the fanbase. Against him.

I was quite surprised with the squard choice yesterday.

To be fair I do feel we've been ****ed over on penalties quite a lot in the last few games. But the players don't seem to give a ****.

Every single match seems the same. We pass it about a bit the other team break and look dangerous.

PSRB
01-08-2018, 10:38 AM

To be fair I do feel we've been ****ed over on penalties quite a lot in the last few games. But the players don't seem to give a ****.

Every single match seems the same. We pass it about a bit the other team break and look dangerous.

I saw some stat that said we've conceded more penalties than other side in the last 18 months!

Burney
01-08-2018, 10:40 AM

Oh, the ref yesterday was desperate to give anything he could against us and fück all for us, but it's pointless complaining about that in a game against Forest. We shouldn't have to rely on the referee being half-decent to beat Forest.

Ash
01-08-2018, 10:43 AM
I saw some stat that said we've conceded more penalties than other side in the last 18 months!

I saw a stat showing that among the top six clubs over the last (I think) seven years we've conceded the most and been awarded the least penalties.

IUFG
01-08-2018, 10:44 AM

If your pub league team mate attempted the same 'tackle' as Debuchy made for their second, you'd be utterly pissed off with them...

SWv2
01-08-2018, 10:47 AM
If your pub league team mate attempted the same 'tackle' as Debuchy made for their second, you'd be utterly pissed off with them...

If your pub league team mate defended the first goal in the way we did, you'd be utterly pissed off with them...

IUFG
01-08-2018, 10:49 AM
If your pub league team mate defended the first goal in the way we did, you'd be utterly pissed off with them...

these are professional footballers, sw. Professional footballers playing in the highest league in the country. At one of the *top* clubs.

un****ingbelievable

Tony C
01-08-2018, 10:51 AM
I’d like to think he’s going for the Mourinho treble but I just can’t be sure.

He said the other day that he would never sacrifice his beliefs so wouldn’t surprise if he rests the first team in the two remaining cups.

PSRB
01-08-2018, 10:51 AM

You'd be ashamed at U11, that was ****ing embarrassing!

SWv2
01-08-2018, 10:57 AM
You'd be ashamed at U11, that was ****ing embarrassing!

Enjoyed PJ’s mad rush of blood on Friday evening, nearly spat my beer out when I realised it was him. Classy play to set up the Iceland lad.

PSRB
01-08-2018, 10:59 AM
Enjoyed PJ’s mad rush of blood on Friday evening, nearly spat my beer out when I realised it was him. Classy play to set up the Iceland lad.

I had to say to the glw, isn't that your brother storming up the pitch?!?

Really felt for him, had a stormer of a game. FA Cup was probably his last chance of silverware.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
01-08-2018, 12:21 PM

The lack of options from the bench was strange. To be honest, the performance by the players out there was really poor. Either they were not adequately set up for the game or they were not up for it. Either way, that is not really acceptable for any club, let alone The Arsenal.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
01-08-2018, 12:22 PM

Did any of them appeal for offside?

The Rob2
01-08-2018, 04:49 PM

Very odd. The competition which saved his job last year, and he puts out a team of absolute nobodies

I wasn't even that hurt/bothered. I expected we'd lose. Although by nature I want us to win every game, a part of me wants this season to go from bad to worse so we finally see the end of the Wenger regime

Rich
01-08-2018, 05:13 PM
Very odd. The competition which saved his job last year, and he puts out a team of absolute nobodies

I wasn't even that hurt/bothered. I expected we'd lose. Although by nature I want us to win every game, a part of me wants this season to go from bad to worse so we finally see the end of the Wenger regime

Doesn't matter if he goes, Rob. There is no money available so a replacement will likely do even worse.

Pokster
01-09-2018, 07:45 AM
Doesn't matter if he goes, Rob. There is no money available so a replacement will likely do even worse.

Where the hell do you get the "no money available" from??? Accounts show there is, matchday revenue shows there is.

You come out with stupid throwaway comments and then wonder why people think you are a dick Dick

redgunamo
01-09-2018, 07:54 AM
Where the hell do you get the "no money available" from??? Accounts show there is, matchday revenue shows there is.

You come out with stupid throwaway comments and then wonder why people think you are a dick Dick

Nothing stupid about it, imo. "No money available" simply means "nowhere near as much money to spend on players as Manchester City or PSG. Or even Real Madrid and Chelsea."

Pokster
01-09-2018, 08:07 AM
Nothing stupid about it, imo. "No money available" simply means "nowhere near as much money to spend on players as Manchester City or PSG. Or even Real Madrid and Chelsea."

Strange we bid £90m for Lemar in the summer then

redgunamo
01-09-2018, 08:23 AM

:nod: Precisely. With money that wasn't actually available.

SWv2
01-09-2018, 09:51 AM

That offer as you know was predicated on the fact that City were giving us 60m for the “contract rebel Chilean”.

Now if you go back to the financial accounts you could argue that they suggest such expenditure is possible without the incoming fee however it all boils down to our willingness to spend, not ability. An issue we are all extremely familiar with by now.

The Rob2
01-09-2018, 10:51 AM

There are no managers better than Wenger? Okay then mate. Deluded.

Also we had 100m in the bank in May and made a profit in the transfer window...no money? Also plenty of deadweight still to sell. Can you give me a reasoned response next time Rich?

Rich
01-09-2018, 02:35 PM
That offer as you know was predicated on the fact that City were giving us 60m for the “contract rebel Chilean”.

Now if you go back to the financial accounts you could argue that they suggest such expenditure is possible without the incoming fee however it all boils down to our willingness to spend, not ability. An issue we are all extremely familiar with by now.

The question is whether it is the board that are unwilling to spend or the manager. I would suggest that Wenger has less control over these things now & so the likely reason is that the board wish to run the club with a large cash reserve. Perhaps to insure against a period where the club won’t be in the top 4 for a while. Austerity, if you will.

Ash
01-09-2018, 02:42 PM
The question is whether it is the board that are unwilling to spend or the manager. I would suggest that Wenger has less control over these things now & so the likely reason is that the board wish to run the club with a large cash reserve. Perhaps to insure against a period where the club won’t be in the top 4 for a while. Austerity, if you will.

Arguably, not spending any moolah is a way of ensuring that the club will not be in the top four for a while. I'm bored of the whole thing tbh. Money Out!

IUFG
01-09-2018, 02:48 PM

A club with £422.8m annual turnover!

£200m on wages.

£44m EBITDA

Why the **** does a football club need a £145m cash reserve for 'austerity'?

Wouldn't they be better of buying London property if they wanted a ROI for austerity's sake?

Stick to poking your finger up people's arses, Dick. And occasionally, patients' arses.

SWv2
01-09-2018, 03:14 PM

£200m on wages.

£44m EBITDA

Wouldn't they be better of buying London property if they wanted a ROI for austerity's sake?

Stick to poking your finger up people's arses, Dick. And occasionally, patients' arses.

Oh I say, very good IUFG. Made me chuckle.

:hehe:

IUFG
01-09-2018, 03:18 PM
Oh I say, very good IUFG. Made me chuckle.

:hehe:

ty, sw.

Dick's unwitting suggestion that The Arsenal may have future cash flow worries, is beyond stupid.

The Rob2
01-09-2018, 03:22 PM
and even if we didn't have a pot to piss in...it's hardly the only problem
motivation/tactics/how a top club can take so many savage beatings (4's 5's 6's EIGHTS), the top players we missed out on due to incompetence, the utter dross we have signed, the simple things we fail to address - like how did we not sign a centre half in the summer? We need someone who has the first ****ing clue on how to defend. I could go on. I could write a book on it

But Rich your attitude seems to be just blame it all on the money, and continue what we're doing because improvement is apparently impossible. So why even bother trying?

IUFG
01-09-2018, 03:30 PM
But Rich your attitude seems to be just blame it all on the money, and continue what we're doing because improvement is apparently impossible. So why even bother trying?

I think it says it all about the Board of the club and the lack of ambition, tbh, tr2.

We actually have been doing what we've always done. And instead of getting what we've always got, we've gone backwards. The Board have done nothing about that. They are complicit in the footballing regression of the club.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
01-09-2018, 03:51 PM

£200m on wages.

£44m EBITDA

Is Rich a GP or is he a real doctor?