PDA

View Full Version : That's a relief. Now we can concentrate on the (Europa) League.

Sir C
01-08-2018, 09:16 AM
It's our year, lads.

Burney
01-08-2018, 09:46 AM
It's our year, lads.

Lordy, but that was a shïtshow last night! :hehe: I think dear old Per has petrified, such is his immobility, while the sheer ordinariness of the rest of the side was shocking.

Meanwhile, the repeated extensions of Walcott's contracts over the years now seem more mystifying than ever. He's now played for us for a year longer than Dennis did, four years longer than Henry or Cesc and twice as long as Pires. And yet his longevity appears to be in indirect proportion to the affection with which he is regarded.

Has any footballer ever stolen quite as good a living?

Sir C
01-08-2018, 09:51 AM
Lordy, but that was a shïtshow last night! :hehe: I think dear old Per has petrified, such is his immobility, while the sheer ordinariness of the rest of the side was shocking.

Meanwhile, the repeated extensions of Walcott's contracts over the years now seem more mystifying than ever. He's now played for us for a year longer than Dennis did, four years longer than Henry or Cesc and twice as long as Pires. And yet his longevity appears to be in indirect proportion to the affection with which he is regarded.

I managed to avoid to to be honest. I could feel a disaster looming.

I like Theo. Such a charming young man. We could do with a few more of his sort around the place. Set a better tone, you know.

Billy Goat Sverige
01-08-2018, 09:53 AM

I like Theo. Such a charming young man. We could do with a few more of his sort around the place. Set a better tone, you know.

He’s not charming, in fact he has not one iota of charm about his person. He’s like an android waiting to have its personality uploaded.

Burney
01-08-2018, 09:55 AM

Clearly you haven't seen his Jackie Wilson-style hair, which is a disgrace.

I am increasingly nurturing what I'm afraid I can only describe as a cold contempt for the pointless gob****e.

Sir C
He’s not charming, in fact he has not one iota of charm about his person. He’s like an android waiting to have it’s personality uploaded.

There you are, you see. The dear fellow would never say anything so rude.

You might consider taking him as a role model, b. His influence would make you a far kinder, gentler person.

Sir C

I am increasingly nurturing what I'm afraid I can only describe as a cold contempt for the pointless gob****e.

:sigh: What a world we live in. Has everyone forgotten their manners?

Burney
01-08-2018, 09:56 AM
He’s not charming, in fact he has not one iota of charm about his person. He’s like an android waiting to have it’s personality uploaded.

He's on the spectrum imo. Which might also explain his apparently compulsive penchant for pointlessly repetitive and predictable behaviour.

PSRB
01-08-2018, 09:57 AM

My 5 year old daughter was questioning his ridiculous beard

Burney
01-08-2018, 10:00 AM
My 5 year old daughter was questioning his ridiculous beard

You get the distinct impression he has spent far more of his time considering his sartorial, tonsorial and tattoo choices than he ever has thinking about football.

Burney
01-08-2018, 10:03 AM
:sigh: What a world we live in. Has everyone forgotten their manners?

I'm sorry. After 12 years my patience has finally snapped with him. Enough. Pay up his contract and (literally) fück him out the window.

Sir C
01-08-2018, 10:07 AM
I'm sorry. After 12 years my patience has finally snapped with him. Enough. Pay up his contract and (literally) fück him out the window.

These intemperate ejaculations are becoming a matter of routine. Take a moment to consider, my dear sir, the effects of this indelicate language upon the very moral fabric of our society. Let us bear ourselves with dignity, fortitude and benevolence and thereby add to the sum of humanity's decent qualities, rather than, if I may put it so, pouring buckets of liquid faecal matter into the already-brimming pool of cess which is our current social order.

Burney
01-08-2018, 10:11 AM
These intemperate ejaculations are becoming a matter of routine. Take a moment to consider, my dear sir, the effects of this indelicate language upon the very moral fabric of our society. Let us bear ourselves with dignity, fortitude and benevolence and thereby add to the sum of humanity's decent qualities, rather than, if I may put it so, pouring buckets of liquid faecal matter into the already-brimming pool of cess which is our current social order.

There must come a point where it is acceptable to vent spleen, though. I haven't called for his house to be firebombed or anything, just for us to get rid.

Ash
01-08-2018, 10:27 AM

Probably not, but he did take two corners yesterday that managed to beat the first man which is more than anyone else who plays for Arsenal can usually manage.

SWv2
01-08-2018, 10:27 AM

His hair was the highlight of the day.

Not that I am endorsing a barnet of such proportions but I did feel the need to comment on it, one of the few comments I bothered other than to emphasise and later reassure all in the room how utterly fúcking shít we were.

He is an utter **** all the same, the complete lack of effort from him when Traore intercepted the pass in his direction which ultimately led to the 4th was a disgrace. In his defence he did have a decent chance in the first half and the utter shítness of the attempted finish made me giggle.

The bench made me laugh as well. I expect the team bus was at Colney yesterday morning and numbers were short so a quick round up in the canteen occurred.

You see you have to laugh really. I like to think off camera Wenger laughed.

Burney
01-08-2018, 10:45 AM
His hair was the highlight of the day.

Not that I am endorsing a barnet of such proportions but I did feel the need to comment on it, one of the few comments I bothered other than to emphasise and later reassure all in the room how utterly fúcking shít we were.

He is an utter **** all the same, the complete lack of effort from him when Traore intercepted the pass in his direction which ultimately led to the 4th was a disgrace. In his defence he did have a decent chance in the first half and the utter shítness of the attempted finish made me giggle.

The bench made me laugh as well. I expect the team bus was at Colney yesterday morning and numbers were short so a quick round up in the canteen occurred.

You see you have to laugh really. I like to think off camera Wenger laughed.

Did you have to tolerate Robbie Savage's commentary? It was pretty bleak. He was virtually coming in his pants towards the end. :-(

Also, he has a bizarre tendency to repeat questions the main commentator has posed, but in a MUCH LOUDER VOICE rather than answer them.

So for instance last night the main commentator on their second penalty said
Did Debuchy win the ball?"
Savage would then go "That's right, Fletch. DID DEBUCHY WIN THE BALL?".

Then, two minutes later
Main commentator: "Was there a double touch?"
Savage: "WAS THERE A DOUBLE TOUCH?"

He really is a cretinous Welsh cünt

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-08-2018, 10:54 AM

. . . . . .

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-08-2018, 10:57 AM
I haven't called for his house to be firebombed or anything, just for us to get rid.

That is your subtle way of calling for his house to be firebombed - I get it b. Consider the deed done and I may just torment the thieving little fúcker somewhat before allowing the conflagration to consume him.

redgunamo
01-08-2018, 12:00 PM

I'm inclined to agree. But, in fairness to young Theo, it's not his fault the Arsenal is made of money nowadays :-\

redgunamo
01-08-2018, 12:01 PM
I expect the team bus was at Colney yesterday morning and numbers were short so a quick round up in the canteen occurred.

Very good, SW. lol, as they say.

Rich
01-08-2018, 12:11 PM
I'm inclined to agree. But, in fairness to young Theo, it's not his fault the Arsenal is made of money nowadays :-\

I want to see the accounts for this season. The money is going somewhere and it's sure as hell not on the team.

SWv2
01-08-2018, 12:14 PM
I want to see the accounts for this season. The money is going somewhere and it's sure as hell not on the team.

While I understand your frustrations I doubt a forensic analysis of the clubs financial accounts by a relative retard is the way forward here.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
01-08-2018, 12:25 PM

How do you define charming, c?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
01-08-2018, 12:39 PM
Probably not, but he did take two corners yesterday that managed to beat the first man which is more than anyone else who plays for Arsenal can usually manage.

Wasn't it his free kick for the equaliser? That was a good ball in.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
01-08-2018, 12:41 PM
young Theo

Isn't he 29 now or is that "young Theo" in relative terms?

redgunamo
01-08-2018, 12:54 PM
Isn't he 29 now or is that "young Theo" in relative terms?

Is he, by God?!

IUFG
01-08-2018, 01:05 PM
The money is going somewhere and it's sure as hell not on the team.

here's a clue, r...

Arsenal Player Wages & Contracts 2017-18 PLAYER AGE WEEKLY WAGE CONTRACT LEFT
Petr Cech 35 £100,000 2 Years (2019)
David Ospina 29 £40,000 2 Years (2019)
Matt Macey 22 £5,000 Last Year (2018)
Shkodran Mustafi 25 £90,000 4 Years (2021)
Laurent Koscielny 32 £75,000 3 Years (2020)
Gabriel Paulista 26 £50,000 2 Years (2019)
Calum Chambers 22 £25,000 3 Years (2020)
Per Mertesacker 32 £70,000
Rob Holding 21 £25,000 3 Years (2020)
Sead Kolasinac (new signing) 24 £119,500 5 Years (2022)
Nacho Monreal 31 £65,000 2 Years (2019)
Kieran Gibbs 27 £60,000 Last Year (2018)
Héctor Bellerín (new deal) 22 £100,000 6 Years (2023)
Carl Jenkinson 25 £45,000 Last Year (2018)
Mathieu Debuchy 32 £70,000 2 Years (2019)
Francis Coquelin 26 £55,000 4 Years (2021)
Mohamed Elneny 25 £55,000 3 Years (2020)
Aaron Ramsey 26 £110,000 2 Years (2019)
Granit Xhaka 24 £90,000 4 Years (2021)
Jack Wilshere 25 £90,000 Last Year (2018)
Santi Cazorla 32 £90,000 Last Year (2018)
Mesut Özil 28 £140,000 Last Year (2018)
Alex Iwobi 21 £30,000 3 Years (2020)
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain 24 £65,000 Last Year (2018)
Alexis Sánchez 28 £140,000 Last Year (2018)
Theo Walcott 28 £110,000 2 Years (2019)
Olivier Giroud 30 £100,000 2 Years (2019)
Danny Welbeck 26 £70,000 2 Years (2019)
Alexandre Lacazette (new Signing) 26 £100,000 5 Years (2022)

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/arsenal-player-salaries/

Kieron Gibbs being in there might make its validity questionable, tbh

Peter
01-08-2018, 01:18 PM

I was left wondering what on earth Wenger has done to poor Rob Holding. He arrived last year as a guy who knew his job at centre back. Recently, andcertainly yesterday, he looked like a guy you have just yanked out of the boozer.

The same for Iwobi. 18 months ago he looked decent, now just nothing.

Wenger is ruining players....

Tony C
01-08-2018, 01:21 PM
No doubt claiming insurance C I A style on Santi ie 20k for a band aid and 100k for crutches.

IUFG
01-08-2018, 01:26 PM

you need to lay off the acid, p. He's always been ****e.

SWv2
01-08-2018, 01:29 PM
I was left wondering what on earth Wenger has done to poor Rob Holding. He arrived last year as a guy who knew his job at centre back. Recently, andcertainly yesterday, he looked like a guy you have just yanked out of the boozer.

Wenger is ruining players....

Was Iwobi not always a bit shít?

Remove the veneer of youth and giving him the benefit of doubt etc. Can't ever really recall him being a player who excited.

PSRB
01-08-2018, 01:37 PM

Remove the veneer of youth and giving him the benefit of doubt etc. Can't ever really recall him being a player who excited.

Seems to be decent for Nigeria, apparently

Tony C
01-08-2018, 01:48 PM
Scored the winner to send them to the WC and busted up Argentina in a friendly.

These players should not be regressing. Not at their ages. It’s poor coaching.

Very few players can contain Diego Costa...Holding had him in his back pocket in the Cup Final but I’ve got no idea what Wenger has done with him in the interim.

You’d think he’d be out training everyday with Bouldie but apparently he had zero involvement with this.

It doesn’t help that we keep switching formations and players.

We’re probably the only side right now that would play a back 3 then switch to a back 4 with all different players before switching back to a back 3 and another set of changes.

SWv2
01-08-2018, 01:59 PM
Seems to be decent for Nigeria, apparently

Probably flying in training.

#monty

Peter
01-08-2018, 02:10 PM

I thought he looked quite good when he first got in the side. He seems to have become completely one-paced.

IUFG
01-08-2018, 02:14 PM
I thought he looked quite good when he first got in the side. He seems to have become completely one-paced.

He's been successfully inducted into the passing sideways class.

Also nice to see that long range shooting has been coached out of Xhaka. He now has a skill set of approximately zero.

Viva Prat Vegas
01-08-2018, 02:17 PM
Peter is fully correct
So is IUFG

Wenger out please

Peter
01-08-2018, 02:21 PM
He's been successfully inducted into the passing sideways class.

Also nice to see that long range shooting has been coached out of Xhaka. He now has a skill set of approximately zero.

Xhaka does the odd pass with the outside of his foot. This seems to be the pinnacle of his ability. I would say our current crop of midfielders are mind bogglingly ****, aside from Wilshere (normally injured) and Cazorla (lucky to be alive).

Viva Prat Vegas
01-08-2018, 02:23 PM
Xhaka lapsed back into his bad old ways with that long shot pot shot goal against Liverpool before Hanukah

IUFG
01-08-2018, 02:28 PM
Xhaka lapsed back into his bad old ways with that long shot pot shot goal against Liverpool before Hanukah

I had forgotten about that. Drink may have been taken, tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-EI7a-tcyQ

I take it all back about Xhaka. Hold on, no I don't.

That clip showcased Iwobi's sideway passing too.