PDA

View Full Version : I'm pretty sure they didn't need an article this long to answer this question

Burney
01-05-2018, 12:29 PM
:rubchin:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/john-lennon-george-harrison-not-knighted/

Ash
01-05-2018, 01:00 PM
:rubchin:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/john-lennon-george-harrison-not-knighted/

I can only guess that the original article was written about rock Kerniggitts in general and they struggled to come up with a title, so settled on the click-baity "Why this Beatle didn't get a Knighthood."

I didn't know about Bono getting one. I thought forrins weren't allowed? Or is the implication that Ireland is still a province?

redgunamo
01-05-2018, 01:18 PM
I didn't know about Bono getting one. I thought forrins weren't allowed? Or is the implication that Ireland is still a province?

Yes, and no. They can't call themselves "sir", as they don't get the whole kneel/arise-treatment. Honourary, in other words; not the real thing.

Pokster
01-05-2018, 01:20 PM
Yes, and no. They can't call themselves "sir", as they don't get the whole kneel/arise-treatment. Honourary, in other words; not the real thing.

AW has one hasn't he?

Ash
01-05-2018, 01:21 PM

Bono and Geldorf. :-(

Pair of sanctimonious cùnts.

redgunamo
01-05-2018, 01:23 PM
AW has one hasn't he?

Yes, an honourary OBE.

Plus the French version of our K. Whatever that may be..

redgunamo
01-05-2018, 01:25 PM
Bono and Geldorf. :-(

Pair of sanctimonious cùnts.

Oh, I only listen to them sing. In fact, I rather think I have a full collection of U2 albums.

Luis Anaconda
01-05-2018, 01:28 PM
I can only guess that the original article was written about rock Kerniggitts in general and they struggled to come up with a title, so settled on the click-baity "Why this Beatle didn't get a Knighthood."

I didn't know Ray Davies got one - wd RD

Ash
01-05-2018, 01:30 PM
I didn't know Ray Davies got one - wd RD

No me. I didn't scroll down that far. Gave up at Rod Stewart.

Sir C
01-05-2018, 01:32 PM

Wait - you're not dissing Rod The Mod, are you? :yikes:

redgunamo
01-05-2018, 01:37 PM

A only says these things to hurt me :-(

Ash
01-05-2018, 01:43 PM

Aesthetics are of course, subjective. To my mind his voice is a fairly accurate impersonation of nails scratched down a blackboard. I heard a cover of Maggie May once and it sounded quite good. If he wrote that song he was a better songwriter than singer to my tastes.

And what's with the fake Scotcher crap? He's from North London.

Ash
01-05-2018, 01:45 PM
A only says these things to hurt me :-(

I'm so sorry, reg. Look, I never mean't dem fings I said about late-period Who that time.

Early Who is still better, of course.

SWv2
01-05-2018, 01:45 PM
Yes, an honourary OBE.

Plus the French version of our K. Whatever that may be..

Ketamine I believe.

Burney
01-05-2018, 02:01 PM

They gave one to Ringo, though. :rolleyes:

redgunamo
01-05-2018, 02:04 PM
They gave one to Ringo, though. :rolleyes:

Yes. I understand "Ringo" isn't even his real name.

Burney
01-05-2018, 02:09 PM
Yes. I understand "Ringo" isn't even his real name.

Do you think he'll say 'Peace and love' outside Buck House? While making peace signs?

redgunamo
01-05-2018, 02:11 PM
Do you think he'll say 'Peace and love' outside Buck House? While making peace signs?

I'm sure he will. Arguably that's why he's there.