PDA

View Full Version : I probably wouldn't have left the bit about my partner trying to eat a napkin out.

Burney
01-05-2018, 10:19 AM
I sympathise with her general point, but mentioning that does rather suggest he's a drooling idiot who oughtn't to be allowed cutlery in case he damages himself.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-5236881/Actress-roasts-pretentious-Michelin-starred-chef.html

Sir C
01-05-2018, 10:22 AM
I sympathise with her general point, but mentioning that does rather suggest he's a drooling idiot who oughtn't to be allowed cutlery in case he damages himself.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-5236881/Actress-roasts-pretentious-Michelin-starred-chef.html

I confess, the picture of the napkin makes it look like... a napkin. The fellow was clearly píssed.

Luis Anaconda
01-05-2018, 10:24 AM

Is it just me or if you stuck her hair on him they would look like twins?

Burney
01-05-2018, 10:24 AM
I confess, the picture of the napkin makes it look like... a napkin. The fellow was clearly píssed.

Dunno. He doesn't look awfully bright. I wouldn't trust him not to start trying to eat the tablecloth.

IUFG
01-05-2018, 10:48 AM
Dunno. He doesn't look awfully bright. I wouldn't trust him not to start trying to eat the tablecloth.

true.

although I must say, I once had a nice haddock and chips with peas once I'd taken the fish out of the net, the chips out of a miniature frying basket and the peas out of a small green bucket they had all been served in.

That said, I had to then eat it off a warmed piece of slate.

Anywhere that serves food like that, is managed/cheffed by a ****. FACT!

Burney
01-05-2018, 11:24 AM
true.

although I must say, I once had a nice haddock and chips with peas once I'd taken the fish out of the net, the chips out of a miniature frying basket and the peas out of a small green bucket they had all been served in.

That said, I had to then eat it off a warmed piece of slate.

Anywhere that serves food like that, is managed/cheffed by a ****. FACT!

It's weird how this has crept up, isn't it? 20 years ago, we'd never have considered the possibility that someone would give us a slate or a lump of wood rather than a plate or serve our chips in a mini galvanised bucket or frying basket. And then it just sort of happened. Fück knows why.

Sir C
01-05-2018, 11:31 AM
It's weird how this has crept up, isn't it? 20 years ago, we'd never have considered the possibility that someone would give us a slater or a lump of wood rather than a plate or serve our chips in a mini galvanised bucket or frying basket. And then it just sort of happened. Fück knows why.

There seems to me an argument for going back to serving our food on a trencher. Imagine finishing your roast dinner and then having a slab of gravy-soaked bread to finish up with.

Burney
01-05-2018, 11:33 AM
There seems to me an argument for going back to serving our food on a trencher. Imagine finishing your roast dinner and then having a slab of gravy-soaked bread to finish up with.

Oh, I think we can do better than that, my friend.

I remember once eating sausage mash and onion gravy out of a massive Yorkshire pudding. It was fûcking marvellous, frankly.

Sir C
01-05-2018, 11:34 AM

I remember once eating sausage mash and onion gravy out of a massive Yorkshire pudding. It was fûcking marvellous, frankly.

Sheeee-it. I gots to get me some of that.

Burney
01-05-2018, 11:37 AM
Sheeee-it. I gots to get me some of that.

I'm trying to think of a meat-based dish that wouldn't be improved by being served in a massive Yorkshire, tbh.

Curry would be spectacular.

Pokster
01-05-2018, 12:33 PM

quite common up here... bloody lovely

Burney
01-05-2018, 12:33 PM
quite common up here... bloody lovely

I'd say 'common' is definitely the mot juste, p.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
01-05-2018, 12:36 PM

She looks pretty good at 51.

Pokster
01-05-2018, 12:51 PM
I'd say 'common' is definitely the mot juste, p.

how dare you