PDA

View Full Version : You realise that Reg is currently in Iran

Sir C
01-04-2018, 04:24 PM
disguised as a hijabless woman, don't you?

My word, what that boy doesn't know about regime change isn't worth knowing. Just think, if that **** Corbyn ever were to be elected, he'd wake up one morning to find Reg looming over his bed with a cheesewire in his hand. :cloud9:

redgunamo
01-04-2018, 04:37 PM

My word, what that boy doesn't know about regime change isn't worth knowing. Just think, if that **** Corbyn ever were to be elected, he'd wake up one morning to find Reg looming over his bed with a cheesewire in his hand. :cloud9:

Biloxi and Chicago actually. The wife always needs to get away for a bit after Christmas.

There's hardly any hounds left in Iran nowadays anyway. Ridiculously.

Burney
01-04-2018, 04:41 PM

For some reason, I thought you'd written cheese grater there. I wondered what you had in mind.

Sir C
01-04-2018, 04:42 PM
Biloxi and Chicago actually. The wife always needs to get away for a bit after Christmas.

Fomenting unrest against POTUS, eh? Who's paying for this gig then? The Dear Leader, is it?

redgunamo
01-04-2018, 04:46 PM
Fomenting unrest against POTUS, eh? Who's paying for this gig then? The Dear Leader, is it?

Not at all. I love the Donald; he's doing well.

Ash
01-04-2018, 05:36 PM
Not at all. I love the Donald; he's doing well.

Whatever one thinks of his policies, just surviving his first year with the whole swamp trying to depose him was a notable achievement.

Good piece on that here, imo: http://theduran.com/donald-trumps-achievement-surviving-first-year-president/

redgunamo
01-04-2018, 06:15 PM
#MAGA #TheStormIsHere #DrainTheSwamp

and so on.

Whatever one thinks of his policies, just surviving his first year with the whole swamp trying to depose him was a notable achievement.

Good piece on that here, imo: http://theduran.com/donald-trumps-achievement-surviving-first-year-president/

Luis Anaconda
01-05-2018, 09:43 AM

Not even Salukis?

redgunamo
01-05-2018, 11:38 AM
Not even Salukis?

Not really, no. The nibs there took against outward displays of wealth and prosperity, which is, of course, just what these "Persian Greyhounds" have, since time immemorial, represented to many. Lately, the political and social climate hasn't always been friendly, to say the least.

In fairness, we ourselves have been working tirelessly for decades to remove as many of them as possible from the whole region; practically my whole stint in the army was, semi-officially, spent over there dedicated to doing just that; similar to those archaeology-wallahs squirrelling away precious artefacts in lieu of better times in the future.

The saluki is an ancient breed but also a rare one, so the idea is to get so many Country of Origin, or "desert bred" specimens as possible into western breeding programmes, to keep the fancy viable, strong and healthy.

Things change fast though. Lads I was at Oxford with, who had been given the bum's rush from Iran in the early eighties have, in recent years, begun to be allowed to return there. They tell me that nowadays, dogs in general, despite the local social and religious priorities, are considered something of a status symbol again, even a sign of defiance of the current regime, especially in the towns.

No doubt there's also a few quid being made by unscrupulous sorts returning salukis to their homelands and passing them off to the locals as original and/or "desert-bred" ancient national treasured emblems.

Not that I would know anything about that sort of thing. No.

Burney
01-05-2018, 11:41 AM
practically my whole stint in the army was, semi-officially, spent over there dedicated to doing just that; similar to those archaeology-wallahs squirrelling away precious artefacts in lieu of better times in the future

Hang on. You're telling us our hard-earned taxes paid for you to travel the Middle East indulging your dog-bothering habit? :-(

redgunamo
01-05-2018, 11:45 AM
Hang on. You're telling us our hard-earned taxes paid for you to travel the Middle East indulging your dog-bothering habit? :-(

That's a little harsh, I think, B. There was wars on :shrug:

Sir C
01-05-2018, 11:47 AM

Point of order mate; we paid you to the bad motherfúckers, not to muck about with flea-ridden mutts. :-(

Burney
01-05-2018, 11:48 AM

Well I'd hope you at least shot a few foreigners for Her Majesty in between enjoying your little hobby. Tsk.

redgunamo
01-05-2018, 11:54 AM
Point of order mate; we paid you to the bad motherfúckers, not to muck about with flea-ridden mutts. :-(

I see. For your information, these noble hounds are never flea-ridden, as you put it. Hence the reason Islam allowed them in the first place.

In principle anyway :-|

Sir C
01-05-2018, 11:58 AM
I see. For your information, these noble hounds are never flea-ridden, as you put it. Hence the reason Islam allowed them in the first place.

In principle anyway :-|

The point remains. Less throwing balls for Fido, more shooty bang bang. Capisce?

Burney
01-05-2018, 12:02 PM
The point remains. Less throwing balls for Fido, more shooty bang bang. Capisce?

:nod: This sort of thing is how we ended up with Corbyn imo.

redgunamo
01-05-2018, 12:03 PM

Actually, performing both tasks is a proud and ancient military tradition. Crusaders used to bring them back from the Holy Lands as souvenirs, to prove they were there, man.

Burney
01-05-2018, 12:07 PM
Actually, performing both tasks is a proud and ancient military tradition. Crusaders used to bring them back from the Holy Lands as souvenirs, to prove they were there, man.

Only the ones who weren't man enough to bring back a Saracen's Head imo.

redgunamo
01-05-2018, 12:24 PM
Only the ones who weren't man enough to bring back a Saracen's Head imo.

Message reported to Billy Connolly, imo

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ViUcaBYB034/ULUtR-sRtMI/AAAAAAAAXtU/nnrqxT35yx0/s1600/Brave+King+Fergus.jpg