PDA

View Full Version : Forget my comment about Chambers yesterday

PSRB
01-04-2018, 09:20 AM
He looked nervy and lacked concentration.

Maitland-Niles, now here is a talent, especially considering he's playing out of position. Ozil and Jack looked back to their best.

That game was made for Giroud, we'd have won comfortably with his hold up play. Just not Lacazette's strength although yet again his 2 best chances came on his left foot......

SWv2
01-04-2018, 09:25 AM

Maitland-Niles, now here is a talent, especially considering he's playing out of position. Ozil and Jack looked back to their best.

That game was made for Giroud, we'd have won comfortably with his hold up play. Just not Lacazette's strength although yet again his 2 best chances came on his left foot......

Thought the lad MN was excellent though did notice second half he was often dragged quite central almost, natural I suppose given the position he normally plays. Would quite like to see him play in there at some point.

A match that perfectly encapsulated everything that being a present day Arsenal supporter is about. Can't decide if we deserved to win (probably not) or got out of jail (probably not).

PSRB
01-04-2018, 09:28 AM
Thought the lad MN was excellent though did notice second half he was often dragged quite central almost, natural I suppose given the position he normally plays. Would quite like to see him play in there at some point.

A match that perfectly encapsulated everything that being a present day Arsenal supporter is about. Can't decide if we deserved to win (probably not) or got out of jail (probably not).

Thankfully Morata decided he really didn't fancy scoring, I had complete confidence that he'd miss that one on one in the last seconds

Burney
01-04-2018, 09:32 AM

Oddly enough, what struck me were the similarities between the two sides. Both have excellent attacking players, but both are equally fragile. Which, I suppose, is why it was such a good game.

World's End Stella
01-04-2018, 09:36 AM

There was a time in his first year when Chambers looked very good. Lord knows how that happened because the player I watched last night was, as they say, 'a disaster waiting to happen'. With Holding only marginally better, I thought.

But I have great hopes for our latest £2mil completely unknown CB acquisition. :-)

World's End Stella
01-04-2018, 09:37 AM
Oddly enough, what struck me were the similarities between the two sides. Both have excellent attacking players, but both are equally fragile. Which, I suppose, is why it was such a good game.

I thought Chelsea's passing was frequently shocking, our attacking play was brilliant, Courtois was superb and we couldn't defend for toffee.

That along with Cech being the worst saver of penalties in the history of the game nicely summed up the evening for me.

7sisters
01-04-2018, 09:41 AM
Right.. So all we now is a dynamic young manager, who has the first clue in defending and a new GK ?

Peter
01-04-2018, 09:44 AM

Xhaka is now around 4-5 games away from me officially deciding that he is ****ing useless.

Peter
01-04-2018, 09:44 AM
I thought Chelsea's passing was frequently shocking, our attacking play was brilliant, Courtois was superb and we couldn't defend for toffee.

That along with Cech being the worst saver of penalties in the history of the game nicely summed up the evening for me.

I think Cech has given up completely with penalties. He may as well as have been lighting a fag for last night's one.

IUFG
01-04-2018, 09:50 AM

On any other day (night) we would and should have been absolutely thrashed. Morata's finishing was dog****e. That was the reason we got a draw - which Arsenal then tried their hardest to lose in the last minute.

NM played well. Ozil did. Lacazette continues his Kaba Diawara impression (whilst playing well) and Sanchez continues to play for himself.

Three centre halves ball watching for their second. Same at Palace.

In short, Wenger out.

Tony C
01-04-2018, 09:53 AM
The two upcoming games with Chelsea could be what sort Xhaka right out.

My suspicion is he’s still figuring out what sort of player he is...midfield enforcer or graceful midfield craftsman and it’s affecting his decision making, strategic play and passing.

A couple more games with Jack vs Chelsea could be what he needs.

Reckon Lacazette is getting subbed to save money.

Most likely a clause specifying extra payments to Lyon for completed games.

Wenger’s done this b4 with other players.

Sounds silly but would anyone doubt our willingness to save a couple million pounds.

7sisters
01-04-2018, 10:30 AM
Looking at the utter garbage in our central defence and Wengers aptitude for playing blokes out of position, we could do worse than sticking the big grizzly lump at the back .

Luis Anaconda
01-04-2018, 10:44 AM
On any other day (night) we would and should have been absolutely thrashed. Morata's finishing was dog****e. That was the reason we got a draw - which Arsenal then tried their hardest to lose in the last minute.

NM played well. Ozil did. Lacazette continues his Kaba Diawara impression (whilst playing well) and Sanchez continues to play for himself.

Three centre halves ball watching for their second. Same at Palace.

In short, Wenger out.
You are a ****ing idiot

Sir C
01-04-2018, 10:45 AM
You are a ****ing idiot

You can't say that la, you'll get hauled up in front of HR for God's sake!

Luis Anaconda
01-04-2018, 10:47 AM
You can't say that la, you'll get hauled up in front of HR for God's sake!
Germany, sir c - can say what I want.

IUFG
01-04-2018, 10:57 AM
You are a ****ing idiot

Why, ty, la. I am proud.

Just saying what I saw. I bet it was a good game for the neutral.

Luis Anaconda
01-04-2018, 11:00 AM
Why, ty, la. I am proud.

Just saying what I saw. I bet it was a good game for the neutral.

Sorry IUFF, i am in an intemperate mood today. I inadvertently stayed in the pub til about four watching the cricket. **** off though :)

Billy Goat Sverige
01-04-2018, 11:02 AM

Giroud always seems to get better when he’s injured.

IUFG
01-04-2018, 11:03 AM
I inadvertently stayed in the pub til about four watching the cricket.

accidents will happen, la. Being in the pub til 4am is acceptable, watching the cricket on the other hand...

Luis Anaconda
01-04-2018, 11:04 AM
accidents will happen, la. Being in the pub til 4am is acceptable, watching the cricket on the other hand...

tbf it was Cook and Stoneman batting, so whether you can call it cricket is debatable

PSRB
01-04-2018, 11:11 AM
Giroud always seems to get better when he’s injured.

I'm a fan, always have been. Think he would have held the ball up better and he's fantastic at the intricate little round the corner balls and tight 1-2's.