PDA

View Full Version : So all the telly pundits and media agree that diving needs to be driven from the game

World's End Stella
01-04-2018, 09:17 AM
yet when Hazard feels the slightest touch on the bottom of his boot and then grabs his calf, screams, jumps into the air, falls to the ground and rolls around, this is somehow acceptable? :rubchin:

And no f*cker really has any idea if that was a pen other than Hazard. The idea that any contact is a pen is nonsense and having seen it about a hundred times now I remain unconvinced that there was sufficient contact to merit it. Yet somehow the pundits and media know it was and Hazard is blameless.

Load of c*nt imo.

Sir C
01-04-2018, 09:19 AM
yet when Hazard feels the slightest touch on the bottom of his boot and then grabs his calf, screams, jumps into the air, falls to the ground and rolls around, this is somehow acceptable? :rubchin:

And no f*cker really has any idea if that was a pen other than Hazard. The idea that any contact is a pen is nonsense and having seen it about a hundred times now I remain unconvinced that there was sufficient contact to merit it. Yet somehow the pundits and media know it was and Hazard is blameless.

Load of c*nt imo.

#prayforhazard'sshin

Horrible Belgian gimp.

PSRB
01-04-2018, 09:24 AM

Load of c*nt imo.

It was more of a pen than most given against us but still don't think it was a pen......if that makes sense??

World's End Stella
01-04-2018, 09:32 AM
It was more of a pen than most given against us but still don't think it was a pen......if that makes sense??

It was certainly more of a pen than Chambers' against WBA. But that's only because that was never, ever, ever a pen in any world at any time.

My point really isn't whether it was or it wasn't, just that it was such slight contact that I fail to see how anyone could definitively say it was, other than Hazard. Which makes it amazing to me how much of the media were certain that it was.

PSRB
01-04-2018, 09:33 AM
It was certainly more of a pen than Chambers' against WBA. But that's only because that was never, ever, ever a pen in any world at any time.

My point really isn't whether it was or it wasn't, just that it was such slight contact that I fail to see how anyone could definitively say it was, other than Hazard. Which makes it amazing to me how much of the media were certain that it was.

Of course, one could also say that Jack was a touch fortunate........

World's End Stella
01-04-2018, 09:40 AM
Of course, one could also say that Jack was a touch fortunate........

Oh yes, absolutely. But as Gallagher pointed out, Taylor was almost completely unsighted for the incident so even if he got it right a second yellow would have been a very big decision.

Monty92
01-04-2018, 09:51 AM
really be the measure for whether or not it is a foul?

You could get one player who has sufficient balance or strength to stay on their feet in the face of contact, but another who doesn't. Exactly the same incident, but because the first player was stronger/had better balance, in your view it isn't a pelanty.

This strikes me as imperfect, though I acknowledge may be the best way on balance.

Load of c*nt imo.

Peter
01-04-2018, 09:57 AM
really be the measure for whether or not it is a foul?

You could get one player who has sufficient balance or strength to stay on their feet in the face of contact, but another who doesn't. Exactly the same incident, but because the first player was stronger/had better balance, in your view it isn't a pelanty.

This strikes me as imperfect, though I acknowledge may be the best way on balance.

I would have to see it again but it appeared at first viewing that they kicked each other's foot. Not really sure how you can decide whether it is a foul, or who fouled who.

World's End Stella
01-04-2018, 10:00 AM
I would have to see it again but it appeared at first viewing that they kicked each other's foot. Not really sure how you can decide whether it is a foul, or who fouled who.

No, Hector clearly kicked Hazard's foot, the bottom of it.

When I say 'kicked' I mean barely touched after flicking his foot upward.

IUFG
01-04-2018, 10:03 AM

It was as much a pelanty, by the letter of the law, as the won at WBA wasn't.

SWv2
01-04-2018, 10:24 AM

Load of c*nt imo.

I don't think it was a pen however:

a) I would want it given if the attacker was ours
b) Same challenge anywhere else on the pitch is a definite free

It's a mess.

Modern football is rubbish.

:shrug:

Luis Anaconda
01-04-2018, 10:39 AM

It's a mess.

Free what?

World's End Stella
01-04-2018, 10:41 AM

It's a mess.

I am unconvinced on b), SW.

I think anywhere else the referee would have noticed minimal contact, watched Hazard's pathetic histrionics and then waved play on.

Other than Mike Dean, obviously.

Luis Anaconda
01-04-2018, 10:45 AM
I am unconvinced on b), SW.

I think anywhere else the referee would have noticed minimal contact, watched Hazard's pathetic histrionics and then waved play on.

Other than Mike Dean, obviously.

The bald Canadian is spot on in this. Obviously he also realises how much we miss Ramsey in a game like this

SWv2
01-04-2018, 11:52 AM
The bald Canadian is spot on in this. Obviously he also realises how much we miss Ramsey in a game like this

No (to both of you), you see them all the time, player kicked accidentally by other player as both go for the ball, no malice or intent at all but the stricken player in pain (until he gets straight back to his feet). The associated pain wins the free virtually every time (and indeed free shouted for by fans virtually every time).

I am not sure what the histrionics of Hazard have got to do with it, the call is made by the referee based on the perceived contact or otherwise. The histrionics are done to try and fool or influence the official but then so is every hand raised to call for a throw-in or goal kick when the player knows it is not theirs. Like Jack flying through the air to try and get a free, like Lacazette winning a free early on like he had been shot when in fact there was fúck all contact. Don’t mean to single out just those two because I am sure Chelsea players did it also, just can’t recall exacts.

The increasing action of histrionics and winning frees, all over the pitch, is pure shíte to see and borderline ruining football at times, infuriating for supporters to see and quite clearly a foreign disease.

Sir C
01-04-2018, 11:53 AM
No (to both of you), you see them all the time, player kicked accidentally by other player as both go for the ball, no malice or intent at all but the stricken player in pain (until he gets straight back to his feet). The associated pain wins the free virtually every time (and indeed free shouted for by fans virtually every time).

I am not sure what the histrionics of Hazard have got to do with it, the call is made by the referee based on the perceived contact or otherwise. The histrionics are done to try and fool or influence the official but then so is every hand raised to call for a throw-in or goal kick when the player knows it is not theirs. Like Jack flying through the air to try and get a free, like Lacazette winning a free early on like he had been shot when in fact there was fúck all contact. Don’t mean to single out just those two because I am sure Chelsea players did it also, just can’t recall exacts.

The increasing action of histrionics and winning frees, all over the pitch, is pure shíte to see and borderline ruining football at times, infuriating for supporters to see and quite clearly a foreign disease.

Free what?

Burney
01-04-2018, 12:00 PM
Free what?

It's an expression from Gaelic Football, where a free kick is known as a 'free'. My father uses it as well.

Burney
01-04-2018, 12:01 PM
free what?

*************free money************

Sir C
01-04-2018, 12:02 PM
It's an expression from Gaelic Football, where a free kick is known as a 'free'. My father uses it as well.

Yes, that was sort of my point.

We want no Fenian filth creeping into Her Majesty's football lexicon here, b.

Burney
01-04-2018, 12:03 PM
Yes, that was sort of my point.

We want no Fenian filth creeping into Her Majesty's football lexicon here, b.

Sorry. I didn't know whether you were honestly confused or not.

Sir C
01-04-2018, 12:06 PM
Sorry. I didn't know whether you were honestly confused or not.

I've got leftover bol for my lunch. Now I like a bolognese sandwich as much as the next man (it is, after all, in effect a hot meat sandwich) but... there's something a bit grubby about it. It makes me feel a bit dirty. :-(

Burney
01-04-2018, 12:09 PM
I've got leftover bol for my lunch. Now I like a bolognese sandwich as much as the next man (it is, after all, in effect a hot meat sandwich) but... there's something a bit grubby about it. It makes me feel a bit dirty. :-(

Yeah, there's no getting around the fact that you're basically eating a mince sandwich, I'm afraid.

If it helps, you can think of it as a deconstructed meatball sandwich.

Will there be cheese in there?

Sir C
01-04-2018, 12:13 PM
Yeah, there's no getting around the fact that you're basically eating a mince sandwich, I'm afraid.

If it helps, you can think of it as a deconstructed meatball sandwich.

Will there be cheese in there?

Yes, there will be both parmesan and leftover mozzarela. This is because the glw insists on such cheese with her bol. The reason for this bizarre demand is that, whilst growing up in her middle class English household, spag bol was always accompanied by cheese.

Cheddar cheese.

As you can imagine, I draw the line at Cheddar cheese. :-(

SWv2
01-04-2018, 12:15 PM

Sloppy Joe innit.

How very Yankey of you.

Sir C
01-04-2018, 12:17 PM
Sloppy Joe innit.

How very Yankey of you.

I thought Sloppy Joe was a deviant sexual act.

They don't have the bol in Yanquiland, sw. They call it 'spagheddisoss'.

:wánkers:

Burney
01-04-2018, 12:21 PM
Yes, there will be both parmesan and leftover mozzarela. This is because the glw insists on such cheese with her bol. The reason for this bizarre demand is that, whilst growing up in her middle class English household, spag bol was always accompanied by cheese.

Cheddar cheese.

As you can imagine, I draw the line at Cheddar cheese. :-(

Christ. No excuse for Cheddar. :-( Even we used the Parmesan from the little pots that smelled of sick. I used to love that stuff. :eat:

How does she apply the Mozzarella? Grated?

Burney
01-04-2018, 12:23 PM
I thought Sloppy Joe was a deviant sexual act.

They don't have the bol in Yanquiland, sw. They call it 'spagheddisoss'.

:wánkers:

That's Lucky Pierre you're thinking of. Nobody wants to eat something called Lucky Pierre.

Sir C
01-04-2018, 12:23 PM
Christ. No excuse for Cheddar. :-( Even we used the Parmesan from the little pots that smelled of sick. I used to love that stuff. :eat:

How does she apply the Mozzarella? Grated?

Lumps. She puts lumps of it on. :-(

Burney
01-04-2018, 12:25 PM
Lumps. She puts lumps of it on. :-(

Lord. :-\

Mind you, I make a spaghetti with a plain tomato, anchovy and basil sauce that I adorn with cubes of crispy deep fried aubergine and into which I mix lumps of mozzarella until they melt and go stringy. That's quite nice.

Tony C
01-04-2018, 12:28 PM
To be fair to Harzard...he performed the correct dive for a kick to the bottom of his boot.

To be fair.

Stupid from Bellerin anyways...Lauren, Eboue and Sagan have left but the naive African defending remains.