PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with Xhaka?

Sir C
01-04-2018, 09:08 AM
We've seen what a fine player he is, but his form is currently sub-optimal, and has been for a while.

Just one of those periods you have to play through, or a sign of a deeper issue?

Peter
01-04-2018, 09:45 AM
We've seen what a fine player he is, but his form is currently sub-optimal, and has been for a while.

Just one of those periods you have to play through, or a sign of a deeper issue?

I think it might be because he is ****.

SWv2
01-04-2018, 12:45 PM
I think it might be because he is ****.

Your rank inability to spot a midfield footballer has long since been established as is your complete ignorance of the position.

Stick to goalkeeping and being a vegan.

World's End Stella
01-04-2018, 12:49 PM
Your rank inability to spot a midfield footballer has long since been established as is your complete ignorance of the position.

So just being a vegan then.

SWv2
01-04-2018, 12:52 PM

Ideally yes.

Driving a Rover while wearing gloves, listening to Bruce Springsteen and being a vegan. That's Peter that is.

Peter
01-04-2018, 01:59 PM

It must be nice to think that insults equate to a counter argument. One is not forced to think, or prepare reasoned responses. One can simply shout '****' and walk away.

Good for you :)

Peter
01-04-2018, 02:00 PM

Et tu, WES?

I suppose I must be wrong about Ramey then.....

SWv2
01-04-2018, 02:02 PM
It must be nice to think that insults equate to a counter argument. One is not forced to think, or prepare reasoned responses. One can simply shout '****' and walk away.

Good for you :)

Show me one "insult". Go on.

7sisters
01-04-2018, 02:05 PM

We could do worse than rescue Butland. He's only 24, cost buttons, and a talented keeper like him would probably do anything to get out of Stoke right now.

PSRB
01-04-2018, 02:06 PM
We could do worse than rescue Butland. He's only 24, cost buttons, and a talented keeper like him would probably do anything to get out of Stoke right now.

Anyone in their right mind would do anything to get out of Stoke

Peter
01-04-2018, 02:07 PM
Show me one "insult". Go on.

I found the entire post insulting. Which, as you know, these days means it was.

Case closed, QED etc....

World's End Stella
01-04-2018, 02:51 PM

For a mere £30mil we could have solved our keeper problem for the next 10 years and signed Pickford (although I like Butland as well)

But that require us to have a manager who can admit that maybe, just maybe, some of his players aren't good enough.

World's End Stella
01-04-2018, 02:52 PM
I found the entire post insulting. Which, as you know, these days means it was.

Case closed, QED etc....

I was just teasing of course, Peter. I mean your track record on keepers is appalling, but I was just teasing nonetheless.

BTW - for the record you are spot on about Ramsey :-)

Peter
01-04-2018, 03:02 PM
I was just teasing of course, Peter. I mean your track record on keepers is appalling, but I was just teasing nonetheless.

BTW - for the record you are spot on about Ramsey :-)

Talk me through this appalling track record on keepers.....

Luis Anaconda
01-04-2018, 03:07 PM
For a mere £30mil we could have solved our keeper problem for the next 10 years and signed Pickford (although I like Butland as well)

But that require us to have a manager who can admit that maybe, just maybe, some of his players aren't good enough.

You mean like the way he stuck with Szczeny for year only for retards like you calling for him to sign a world class keeper?

Ash
01-04-2018, 03:17 PM
Speaking of keepers and the inexorable demise of Cech .... We could do worse than rescue Butland. He's only 24, cost buttons, and a talented keeper like him would probably do anything to get out of Stoke right now.

Cheque's been making some good saves recently tbf, including last night. and shouting "muff it!" at Morata every time he was through one-on-one worked pretty well also.

PSRB
01-04-2018, 03:26 PM

Possibly the only decent signing in Koeman's £150m splurge

Luis Anaconda
01-04-2018, 03:27 PM

How much do buttons cost in your weird world?

Burney
01-04-2018, 03:28 PM

You are quite grumpy today, aren't you, la? :hehe:

7sisters
01-04-2018, 03:31 PM

About 20 million Bucklons ?

Luis Anaconda
01-04-2018, 03:31 PM
You are quite grumpy today, aren't you, la? :hehe:

two hours sleep, b. Stayed up late - watched Vince bat - he can **** off

Luis Anaconda
01-04-2018, 03:33 PM
About 20 million Bucklons ?

one of these

Burney
01-04-2018, 03:33 PM
two hours sleep, b. Stayed up late - watched Vince bat - he can **** off

He can indeed. Although Root vexes me more at the moment. Giving his wicket away again. :furious:

Peter
01-04-2018, 03:40 PM
He can indeed. Although Root vexes me more at the moment. Giving his wicket away again. :furious:

Root is unbelievably frustrating. Is he ever going to ****ing learn!!!

He should have scored at least three hundreds in this series, any of which could have changed the test. Instead he has chucked it away each time. So frustrating for such a good player.

Burney
01-04-2018, 04:01 PM
Root is unbelievably frustrating. Is he ever going to ****ing learn!!!

He should have scored at least three hundreds in this series, any of which could have changed the test. Instead he has chucked it away each time. So frustrating for such a good player.

What drives me nuts about the whole batting thing is that this has not been a tough tour to bat on. The wickets have been easy and as for Australia’s ‘battery of fast bowlers’, I’d argue none of them is especially outstanding. Lyon is an OK spinner, but our left-handers seem to have been mesmerised by what is in fact a fairly bog-standard straight-onner. There really has been no external excuse for our failure to perform with the bat other than poor form and poor shot selection.

Obviously, we still wouldn't have won even if we'd batted well, since we never had the bowling, but still.

Peter
01-04-2018, 04:28 PM
What drives me nuts about the whole batting thing is that this has not been a tough tour to bat on. The wickets have been easy and as for Australia’s ‘battery of fast bowlers’, I’d argue none of them is especially outstanding. Lyon is an OK spinner, but our left-handers seem to have been mesmerised by what is in fact a fairly bog-standard straight-onner. There really has been no external excuse for our failure to perform with the bat other than poor form and poor shot selection.

Obviously, we still wouldn't have won even if we'd batted well, since we never had the bowling, but still.

Agreed. I think Starc is a fine bowler and Haslewood is good but despite all that these have been wonderful pitches to bat on. Unfortunately, when you put players like Root and Bairstow on a damn good wicket where you just have to dig in, bat all day and wait for the bad balls they cant do it. They dont seem to have the discipline to play a long innings. ****ing annoying.

I have long thought Root's game was a little too loose for test cricket. He should be scoring like Smith.