PDA

View Full Version : What was the single best thing you ate this christmas?

Sir C
01-03-2018, 04:14 PM
For me, Viscount biscuits. Nothing else came close. Except maybe the Twiglets.

Luis Anaconda
01-03-2018, 04:15 PM

Beef Space Raiders

Burney
01-03-2018, 04:18 PM

The gravy I made after accidentally leaving the gilberts in the turkey. Stunning, it was. Genuinely.

World's End Stella
01-03-2018, 04:18 PM
Braised turkey leg - same every year as it is utterly delicious.

Followed closely by the caviar we consumed on Xmas Eve. :eat:

SWv2
01-03-2018, 04:19 PM
Mr Kipling’s Festive Bakewells.

I had 4/6 in one sitting with a large glass of ice cold milk. I would happily have enjoyed all 6 but my greed was highlighted to me.

Food snobs can fúck off at this point.

:vsign:

World's End Stella
01-03-2018, 04:20 PM
The gravy I made after accidentally leaving the gilberts in the turkey. Stunning, it was. Genuinely.

Can't believe you have only just discovered this. Turkey makes truly wonderful gravy. Especially if you add in your home made veal stock to give it the texture it needs.

Mine was also stunning, the British MIL continues to be amazed at how good turkey is when cooked properly. :-)

Sir C
01-03-2018, 04:23 PM

I had 4/6 in one sitting with a large glass of ice cold milk. I would happily have enjoyed all 6 but my greed was highlighted to me.

You are a disgusting animal, and I say that will all due respect and without any offence intended.

Milk. Only some sort of sub-human monster would admit to drinking milk.

Burney
01-03-2018, 04:25 PM
Can't believe you have only just discovered this. Turkey makes truly wonderful gravy. Especially if you add in your home made veal stock to give it the texture it needs.

Mine was also stunning, the British MIL continues to be amazed at how good turkey is when cooked properly. :-)

Oh, the turkey was shíte because it was turkey. However, the gravy was stunning. I was more impressed by the fact that it turned out that way after accidentally leaving its bits in it while I roasted it. I shall do this again in future.

Sir C
01-03-2018, 04:26 PM

Did you leave them in the plastic bag?

My breasts were as pink as a rare steak, my thighs confited to melting perfection.

The geese were fúcked up beyond all recognition, but there you go.

Burney
01-03-2018, 04:26 PM

What was festive about them exactly?

World's End Stella
01-03-2018, 04:27 PM
Oh, the turkey was shíte because it was turkey. However, the gravy was stunning. I was more impressed by the fact that it turned out that way after accidentally leaving its bits in it while I roasted it. I shall do this again in future.

Then you cooked it wrong. :-)

I lightly fry the gizzard, heart and liver and then add them to the roasted turkey bones and mirepoix when making my turkey stock, you end up with a wonderfully rich and delicious stock which can't fail to make an outstanding gravy. The veal stock is the killer, however.

Burney
01-03-2018, 04:31 PM
Did you leave them in the plastic bag?

My breasts were as pink as a rare steak, my thighs confited to melting perfection.

The geese were fúcked up beyond all recognition, but there you go.

Yes, but the plastic bag wasn't like the old ones that melt and make everything taste rank. The bits just sort of steamed in there and then it burst and released their tasty juices.The bag was otherwise intact.

Sir C
01-03-2018, 04:33 PM
Yes, but the plastic bag wasn't like the old ones that melt and make everything taste rank. The bits just sort of steamed in there and then it burst and released their tasty juices.The bag was otherwise intact.

:clap: wd b.

I shall draw a veil across the obvious troubling issue, wondering how you managed to miss the giblet bag whilst seasoning the cavity of the bird, naturally. Because we cannot imagine what sort of creature would fail to season the interior of the bird, can we?

You must have simply done it with your eyes closed. Yes. That's it.

Sir C
01-03-2018, 04:34 PM

He had them with milk. He must have run out of tramps' spunk.

Burney
01-03-2018, 04:40 PM
:clap: wd b.

I shall draw a veil across the obvious troubling issue, wondering how you managed to miss the giblet bag whilst seasoning the cavity of the bird, naturally. Because we cannot imagine what sort of creature would fail to season the interior of the bird, can we?

You must have simply done it with your eyes closed. Yes. That's it.

Ah, it was because the giblet bag wasn't in the cavity, but tucked under the neck. This is how I missed it.

What sort of crazy place was that to put them?

SWv2
01-03-2018, 04:42 PM

The sprinkles with which they were decorated.

Duh!

Burney
01-03-2018, 04:43 PM
He had them with milk. He must have run out of tramps' spunk.

I don't even like to think of someone drinking milk. :-(

Sir C
01-03-2018, 04:50 PM
I don't even like to think of someone drinking milk. :-(

How are you with tramps' spunk?

PSRB
01-03-2018, 04:52 PM

Cheese board, as it is every year

Sir C
01-03-2018, 04:55 PM

Cheese boards are good, p, but... there are those things you only get at christmas.

I had a packet of Marmite flavour crisps, for God's sake! Quite magnificent.

Peter
01-03-2018, 04:55 PM

A lamb shish, in Cockfosters. The only meat I ate for the entire period.

It was superb (you cant have a decent kebab in Essex, it is just ****).

PSRB
01-03-2018, 04:57 PM
Cheese boards are good, p, but... there are those things you only get at christmas.

I had a packet of Marmite flavour crisps, for God's sake! Quite magnificent.

in which case, it has to be 832

Sir C
01-03-2018, 05:02 PM
A lamb shish, in Cockfosters. The only meat I ate for the entire period.

It was superb (you cant have a decent kebab in Essex, it is just ****).

1. Why didn't you eat meat like a man? Have you become some sort of veganweirdo?
2. What's wrong with kebabs in Essex? Are you some sort of food snob? 9wes likes to eat microwaved lasagne in Dubai. He thinks this is 'Italian food.')

SWv2
01-03-2018, 05:04 PM

St Agur?

I had a rake of this one night with some digestive biscuits and a few glasses of beer.

Quite the gourmand I thought.

Quality Street, Pringles, Cadbury Eclairs and pistachio nuts on the side. Then a crème brulee.

Peter
01-03-2018, 05:04 PM
1. Why didn't you eat meat like a man? Have you become some sort of veganweirdo?
2. What's wrong with kebabs in Essex? Are you some sort of food snob? 9wes likes to eat microwaved lasagne in Dubai. He thinks this is 'Italian food.')

I am a vegan most of the time. Its good fun but I enjoy the odd day off.

I grew up with decent kebabs and I am afraid I just cannot stomach sub standard ones.

Sir C
01-03-2018, 05:07 PM
"I am a vegan most of the time." This is strange, but not incomprehensible.

"Its good fun..." This is how I know you've lost it.

Oddball.

Pokster
01-04-2018, 07:46 AM

I haven't read through the responses but if nobody has said "your mum" then AWIMB has let me down... badly