PDA

View Full Version : Here's a thing: Shane McGowan turned 60 on Christmas Day

Burney
01-03-2018, 03:41 PM
I'd have said one could have got good odds against that happening back in the day. wd smcg

PSRB
01-03-2018, 03:50 PM
I'd have said one could have got good odds against that happening back in the day. wd smcg

Certainly would have been odds on that Kirsty McColl would have lived longer

Burney
01-03-2018, 03:53 PM
Certainly would have been odds on that Kirsty McColl would have lived longer

Yes. That thought was probably the last thing to go through her head - apart from the speedboat, obviously.

Sir C
01-03-2018, 04:05 PM

There was a programme on about the making of Fairytale of New York. It featured Shane.

Shane has clearly been... affected by something. Changed, if you will, from human being to something more... dreadful. :-(

Burney
01-03-2018, 04:07 PM
There was a programme on about the making of Fairytale of New York. It featured Shane.

Shane has clearly been... affected by something. Changed, if you will, from human being to something more... dreadful. :-(

He makes the most dreadful hissing/wheezing noise when he laughs. It is, as you say, less than human.

Mind you, when I met him in 2008 he was drinking pints of Martini, so it's hardly a surprise that he's a bit of a mess.

World's End Stella
01-03-2018, 04:10 PM

Keith Richards turned 74 the week before. :yikes:

Luis Anaconda
01-03-2018, 04:11 PM
He makes the most dreadful hissing/wheezing noise when he laughs. It is, as you say, less than human.

Mind you, when I met him in 2008 he was drinking pints of Martini, so it's hardly a surprise that he's a bit of a mess.

I know from a previous experience that his manager heavily waters his drinks down but I am guessing he is not around all the time