PDA

View Full Version : So a YouTuber has done something stupid and people on Twitter are outraged

Burney
01-02-2018, 12:04 PM
Well 2018 can fück off already. :-(

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-02-2018, 12:11 PM

. . . . . . .

Sir C
01-02-2018, 12:18 PM

It's not Crazy Russian Hacker, Mark Wiens or Casey Neistat, is it? :-(

Actually I'd quite like it if it were Neistat. :newyorkliberalelite:

Burney
01-02-2018, 12:32 PM
It's not Crazy Russian Hacker, Mark Wiens or Casey Neistat, is it? :-(

Actually I'd quite like it if it were Neistat. :newyorkliberalelite:

Nah. Someone called Logan Paul. He's done a 'vlog' in a Japanese suicide forest that purports to show an actual suicidee hanging from a tree. People are outraged.

Who'd have thought that an entertainment platform largely filled with and watched by fücking morons, with no gatekeepers or editorial voice or quality control would end up pulling shít like that, eh? :rolleyes:

PSRB
01-02-2018, 12:33 PM

2017 ended poorly, Lewis Hamilton having to apologise on Twitter for taking the piss out of his young nephew wearing a dress, FFS!

Sir C
01-02-2018, 12:33 PM
Nah. Someone called Logan Paul. He's done a 'vlog' in a Japanese suicide forest that purports to show an actual suicidee hanging from a tree. People are outraged.

Who'd have thought that an entertainment platform largely filled with and watched by fücking morons, with no gatekeepers or editorial voice or quality control would end up pulling shít like that, eh? :rolleyes:

Oh. Someone's behaved distastefully so the bien pensants have lost their shít?

Triggered, I suppose.

Burney
01-02-2018, 12:37 PM
Oh. Someone's behaved distastefully so the bien pensants have lost their shít?

Triggered, I suppose.

No. It's more that everyone saw an opportunity to display how virtuous they are by putting the boot into the silly cünt. Social media is very possibly the worst thing ever to happen to the human race imo.

Mind you, it gave me odd feelings watching Owen Jones take a kicking from his own side by (correctly) pointing out how arrogant and tone deaf the hardcore remain movement has been. First of all it was weird agreeing with him, but it was also good to see so many gobshítes frothing at the mouth because he'd held a mirror up to them. But at the same time, watching Owen take a shoeing is always enjoyable.

All in all, it was very confusing.

Tony C
01-02-2018, 12:45 PM
Apparently Comedy Gamer Shorts and his family (including KSI) got booted out of Japan because CGS filed parts of the suicide forest he wasn’t supposed to.

Was there another YouTuber filming there?

Felt a bit for Lewis...shameful targeting imo

SWv2
01-02-2018, 12:49 PM

My kids love this Logan Paul chap, they will be thrilled at this news.

World's End Stella
01-02-2018, 12:52 PM
2017 ended up with me spending 7 hours driving back from the Lakes, a journey that should have taken 4 1/2 hours only! The only upside was that that was marginally better than the 8 1/2 hours it took me to drive up there. :-(

Driving on English motorways is sh1t and one of my 2018 NY resolutions* is to avoid it at all costs.

* I don't really do NY resolutions cause they're also sh1t.

World's End Stella
01-02-2018, 12:54 PM

Burney in overstatement shocker. :rolleyes:

youtube is well ace. The number of hours I could spend on there watching everything from military history to old sporting events is remarkable. I downloaded the entire World at War series from there, as an example.

wd youtube imo

Burney
01-02-2018, 01:00 PM
My kids love this Logan Paul chap, they will be thrilled at this news.

I don’t really understand what sort of fůcked-up society has a suicide forest, tbh

Sir C
01-02-2018, 01:01 PM
I don’t really understand what sort of fůcked-up society has a suicide forest, tbh

Japan, b.

Japan.

SWv2
01-02-2018, 01:01 PM

Obviously I will skip over some of the details here B.

Burney
01-02-2018, 01:03 PM
Burney in overstatement shocker. :rolleyes:

youtube is well ace. The number of hours I could spend on there watching everything from military history to old sporting events is remarkable. I downloaded the entire World at War series from there, as an example.

wd youtube imo

I was talking about vlogging, tbh

World's End Stella
01-02-2018, 01:04 PM

What the f*ck is vlogging?

Sir C
01-02-2018, 01:06 PM

My wife misunderstood my interest in the youtubes and presented me with the Vlogger's choice of camera for christmas, so it looks like I will be taking up the noble art.

Burney
01-02-2018, 01:09 PM
Japan, b.

Japan.

Yes. Odd lot, the nips. I don’t really hold with them, as you know.

Btw, have you read/listened to ‘War in the West’ by James Holland? Two books out so far? V good. Lots of stuff about WWII I didn’t know at all. A very interesting perspective that rejects the usual ‘Invicible Wehrmacht vs hopeless Brits’ line about the early part of the war. In fact, it becomes clear that the German capacity for cock up was quite as great as ours. It also points out that defeats like Norway and Crete were strategically disastrous for Germany - despite them winning.

Burney
01-02-2018, 01:10 PM
My wife misunderstood my interest in the youtubes and presented me with the Vlogger's choice of camera for christmas, so it looks like I will be taking up the noble art.

You’re going to start ranting on the internet?

That sounds... healthy. :-\

I got a cider press.

Monty92
01-02-2018, 01:11 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/01/baby-box-scheme-parents-leave-children-anonymously-sees-record/

A system that encourages people to abandon their babies by enabling them to do it anonymously strikes me as one of the most ethnically reprehensible ideas I've ever heard.

Burney
01-02-2018, 01:11 PM
What the f*ck is vlogging?

Talking into the internet while slack-jawed youths watch and guffaw, I think.

Sir C
01-02-2018, 01:12 PM
Yes. Odd lot, the nips. I don’t really hold with them, as you know.

Btw, have you read/listened to ‘War in the West’ by James Holland? Two books out so far? V good. Lots of stuff about WWII I didn’t know at all. A very interesting perspective that rejects the usual ‘Invicible Wehrmacht vs hopeless Brits’ line about the early part of the war. In fact, it becomes clear that the German capacity for cock up was quite as great as ours. It also points out that defeats like Norway and Crete were strategically disastrous for Germany - despite them winning.

I have them in the queue to be read but haven't got there yet. Might be a good option for the forthcoming holiday.

Burney
01-02-2018, 01:13 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/01/baby-box-scheme-parents-leave-children-anonymously-sees-record/

A system that encourages people to abandon their babies by enabling them to do it anonymously strikes me as one of the most ethnically reprehensible ideas I've ever heard.

Hardly a new idea. Orphanages, convents and monasteries employed such systems for centuries.

Burney
01-02-2018, 01:14 PM
I have them in the queue to be read but haven't got there yet. Might be a good option for the forthcoming holiday.

You had to mention that you’re going on holiday, didn’t you? :-( Jammy sod. Today is mind-bendingly depressing.

Sir C
You’re going to start ranting on the internet?

That sounds... healthy. :-\

I got a cider press.

I shan't rant, no. In fact, I don't intend to speak, or to be seen. I shall tell my stories using moving images.

Of course I have fúck all idea who to get these images from my camera onto the youtubes, so nothing is likely to happen.

Surely, and one doesn't wish to be pedantic, but surely it's an apple press? I mean, pressing cider would seem to me an ultimately fruitless task.

Monty92
Hardly a new idea. Orphanages, convents and monasteries employed such systems for centuries.

I know. But in a western country in 2017?

Burney
01-02-2018, 01:18 PM
I shan't rant, no. In fact, I don't intend to speak, or to be seen. I shall tell my stories using moving images.

Of course I have fúck all idea who to get these images from my camera onto the youtubes, so nothing is likely to happen.

Surely, and one doesn't wish to be pedantic, but surely it's an apple press? I mean, pressing cider would seem to me an ultimately fruitless task.

Semantically, you are correct. However, they’re called cider presses. I don’t make the rules. :shrug:

What are you going to talk about? Cars? Planes? Do you have any other areas of expertise?

Please never, ever talk about football - only lunatics do that. :-(

Burney
01-02-2018, 01:20 PM
I know. But in a western country in 2017?

Well if the alternative is children being abandoned in bins, parks or public toilets :shrug:

Sir C
01-02-2018, 01:21 PM
Semantically, you are correct. However, they’re called cider presses. I don’t make the rules. :shrug:

What are you going to talk about? Cars? Planes? Do you have any other areas of expertise?

Please never, ever talk about football - only lunatics do that. :-(

I'm not going to talk at all. No talking. I'm going to show. Show my stories.

We all have our stories to tell.

Burney
01-02-2018, 01:25 PM
I'm not going to talk at all. No talking. I'm going to show. Show my stories.

We all have our stories to tell.

Oh, god! It’s going to be pictures of your knob, isn’t it? :-(

Pokster
01-02-2018, 01:26 PM
Oh, god! It’s going to be pictures of your knob, isn’t it? :-(

with your mum

Monty92
01-02-2018, 01:27 PM
Well if the alternative is children being abandoned in bins, parks or public toilets :shrug:

You don't think such a system could have the effect of encouraging mothers who, in a moment of despair, decide to give their baby away, when the absence of such a system would compel them to simply pull themselves together?

Burney
01-02-2018, 01:30 PM
You don't think such a system could have the effect of encouraging mothers who, in a moment of despair, decide to give their baby away, when the absence of such a system would compel them to simply pull themselves together?

Well I suppose that possibility has to be balanced against the possibility that, in their despair, they might just kill their babies or abandon them somewhere where they die instead.

It strikes me as the least worst option.

World's End Stella
01-02-2018, 01:37 PM
Talking into the internet while slack-jawed youths watch and guffaw, I think.

Ah, well in that case I may have seen some of this. My teenage children have shown me youtube videos of a young, black chap who speaks with an appallingly common accent doing reviews of fried chicken shops around London. They are the sort of place where swarthy looking people offer a fried chicken meal for around Ł2.99 including chips and a drink. This young chap uses the words 'mad' and 'sick' and the phrase 'the man' quite a lot.

He has now - apparently - grown up and is a millionaire as a result of these videos. :-(

Ash
01-02-2018, 05:29 PM

North London has a suicide bridge, tbf.

Ash
01-02-2018, 05:34 PM
2017 ended up with me spending 7 hours driving back from the Lakes, a journey that should have taken 4 1/2 hours only! The only upside was that that was marginally better than the 8 1/2 hours it took me to drive up there. :-(

Driving on English motorways is sh1t and one of my 2018 NY resolutions* is to avoid it at all costs.

* I don't really do NY resolutions cause they're also sh1t.

There's no way you can get from Surrey to the Lakes in four and a half hours in any remotely legal fashion, WES.

I got back to North London from Pooley Bridge, near Penrith via A66, Scotch Corner and A1 in 5 hours the other week, which was a record. It might be worth you considering the A1 if you go again. I hope you had a good visit, despite the traffic. Oh, and never drive on a Friday.

Luis Anaconda
01-03-2018, 09:38 AM
There's no way you can get from Surrey to the Lakes in four and a half hours in any remotely legal fashion, WES.

I got back to North London from Pooley Bridge, near Penrith via A66, Scotch Corner and A1 in 5 hours the other week, which was a record. It might be worth you considering the A1 if you go again. I hope you had a good visit, despite the traffic. Oh, and never drive on a Friday.

Took us over 5 hours to get back from Sheffield the day after boxing day so that really is quite impressive

Sir C
01-03-2018, 09:42 AM

I definitely favour the A1 route these days, especially with the nonsense on the M1 around J15 which has been going on for years.

I'm more excited about Ullswater in April than I am about Vietnam next week :-( What's happened to me?

Pokster
01-03-2018, 09:57 AM

Took me 5 1/2 hours to get from Brighton to Knaresborough on Saturday... that was also a record

Ash
01-03-2018, 10:10 AM
I definitely favour the A1 route these days, especially with the nonsense on the M1 around J15 which has been going on for years.

Last time I tries the M1/M6 there was a 50mph thing which seems to extend from Stoke to Luton. More painful than watching The Arsenal at the moment.

I'm more excited about Ullswater in April than I am about Vietnam next week :-( What's happened to me?

I don't know. Maybe you are becoming a true patriot!

World's End Stella
01-03-2018, 10:11 AM

I had a great visit, thanks. Walked around Loughrigg Tarn on the Thursday and ate at a great restaurant in Ambleside that night. Got snowed in Friday so we walked into Ambleside from the pub we stayed at in the snow, spent two hours in a cosy pub in Ambleside and then took a cab back. :-) Spent the day in the pub with the locals and their dogs and the roaring fire and then had dinner there that night. The pub does it's own beer which - sadly - they don't export down south. Barngate it is called and they had about 8 bitters and a lager, both the bitters I was drinking were quite wonderful.

It's getting in and out of the f*cking place that drives me mental. We did it in 8 1/2 hours on the way there and the M25, M40 and M6 were all crawling along. I think from me 5 hours is sensible. On the way back we had to take A roads to Halifax to visit friends as the M6 was still a parking lot, then we got on the M1 only to be informed that it was shut at J28 so we diverted over to the A1 which was OK but slowish. We then moved back from the A1 to the M1 outside London at which point the M1 stopped again.

Never again. 3 visits, 6 trips and every one of them has been excruciatingly slow. I'm thinking a train to Windermere/Ambleside followed by hiring a car.

Pokster
01-03-2018, 10:15 AM
I had a great visit, thanks. Walked around Loughrigg Tarn on the Thursday and ate at a great restaurant in Ambleside that night. Got snowed in Friday so we walked into Ambleside from the pub we stayed at in the snow, spent two hours in a cosy pub in Ambleside and then took a cab back. :-) Spent the day in the pub with the locals and their dogs and the roaring fire and then had dinner there that night. The pub does it's own beer which - sadly - they don't export down south. Barngate it is called and they had about 8 bitters and a lager, both the bitters I was drinking were quite wonderful.

It's getting in and out of the f*cking place that drives me mental. We did it in 8 1/2 hours on the way there and the M25, M40 and M6 were all crawling along. I think from me 5 hours is sensible. On the way back we had to take A roads to Halifax to visit friends as the M6 was still a parking lot, then we got on the M1 only to be informed that it was shut at J28 so we diverted over to the A1 which was OK but slowish. We then moved back from the A1 to the M1 outside London at which point the M1 stopped again.

Never again. 3 visits, 6 trips and every one of them has been excruciatingly slow. I'm thinking a train to Windermere/Ambleside followed by hiring a car.

Excuse my French... why the **** would you go from the A1 to the M1 outside london, that is the worst section of M1 there is. A1 is ALWAYS a better option as even when slow is still prefereable to the M1

Burney
01-03-2018, 10:15 AM
Last time I tries the M1/M6 there was a 50mph thing which seems to extend from Stoke to Luton. More painful than watching The Arsenal at the moment.

That 50 mph thing is particularly irksome because it's actually enforced. I've knew many people fall foul of the temporary cameras, which always seems horribly unfair.

Pokster
01-03-2018, 10:16 AM
That 50 mph thing is particularly irksome because it's actually enforced. I've knew many people fall foul of the temporary cameras, which always seems horribly unfair.

The M1 around Luton seems to have had roadworks for about the last 7 years.... ****e road imho

Luis Anaconda
01-03-2018, 10:21 AM
Took me 5 1/2 hours to get from Brighton to Knaresborough on Saturday... that was also a record

I had a quick stop in Knaresborough over Christmas - seems a very nice place

Pokster
01-03-2018, 10:44 AM
I had a quick stop in Knaresborough over Christmas - seems a very nice place

So no thought about messaging me so i could show you the local pubs... humph

Luis Anaconda
01-03-2018, 10:51 AM
So no thought about messaging me so i could show you the local pubs... humph

I did think about messaging you and was given a tour by some locals. Had lunch in Malt Shovel in Brearton. Popped into the Mitre by the station for one. Had my family been more capable of organising a piss up in a brewery I might have actually had more warning that I was going to be in that area!

Ash
01-03-2018, 10:52 AM

I'd thought of that - maybe a train to Penrith, (3.5 hours from Euston) but the problem is all the clobber that you can just fling in the car. Saturday is a good day for travelling on the roads, I find. Much better than Friday or Sunday.

Pokster
01-03-2018, 10:52 AM
I did think about messaging you and was given a tour by some locals. Had lunch in Malt Shovel in Brearton. Popped into the Mitre by the station for one. Had my family been more capable of organising a piss up in a brewery I might have actually had more warning that I was going to be in that area!

Malt Shovel is nice and nothing wrong with the Mitre for a quick drink... why were you in sunny knaresborough?

Luis Anaconda
01-03-2018, 10:58 AM
Malt Shovel is nice and nothing wrong with the Mitre for a quick drink... why were you in sunny knaresborough?

My sister who lives in Sheffield's fiancé's family are from deepest darkest North Yorkshire so we met up with them for lunch - not exactly half way but it was convenient. Then as one of my close friends lives in Knaresborough, she came out to Brearton to pick me up halfway through the meal (I had a starter but had to watch as everyone tucked into their roasts - it was torture) and we went back to Knaresborough from where I was picked up. All very rushed and it was actually Christmas Eve so everyone was stressed anyway. Next time I am there, I'll give you a shout

Pokster
01-03-2018, 10:59 AM
My sister who lives in Sheffield's fiancé's family are from deepest darkest North Yorkshire so we met up with them for lunch - not exactly half way but it was convenient. Then as one of my close friends lives in Knaresborough, she came out to Brearton to pick me up halfway through the meal (I had a starter but had to watch as everyone tucked into their roasts - it was torture) and we went back to Knaresborough from where I was picked up. All very rushed and it was actually Christmas Eve so everyone was stressed anyway. Next time I am there, I'll give you a shout

:thumbup: Good man