PDA

View Full Version : I’m a bit distressed by these blue passports we’re going to get.

Burney
12-22-2017, 10:00 AM
They’re the wrong shade of blue and they’re not going to be the absolutely massive, hardbacked fúckers you could never fit in a trouser pocket. :-(

This is NOT what I voted for! :furious:

Sir C
12-22-2017, 10:07 AM
They’re the wrong shade of blue and they’re not going to be the absolutely massive, hardbacked fúckers you could never fit in a trouser pocket. :-(

It's amazing how many people are so distressed about losing their lovely burgundy number.

:hehe: Bunch of ****s.

Burney
12-22-2017, 10:12 AM
It's amazing how many people are so distressed about losing their lovely burgundy number.

I know. Personally, I couldn’t give a toss what colour my passport is, but the thought of a certain type of person having to carry around something that makes them quite so extraordinarily cross makes me childishly happy :hehe:

SWv2
12-22-2017, 10:14 AM
I know. Personally, I couldn’t give a toss what colour my passport is, but the thought of a certain type of person having to carry around something that makes them quite so extraordinarily cross makes me childishly happy :hehe:

Only a matter of time before it becomes a credit card type device thing which will be worse again.

Sir C

I read that we are to queue for 9 hours to enter an EU country.

What a lot of cobblers.

PSRB

I can't believe that no one has rolled out the Sheringham passport picture, an AWIMB staple

I've looked and can't find it

Billy Goat Sverige
12-22-2017, 10:15 AM

I’ve just been reading some of the outrage on Twitter. Looooooool!

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
12-22-2017, 10:16 AM
Only a matter of time before it becomes a credit card type device thing which will be worse again.

Or available on your phone

Sir C
12-22-2017, 10:19 AM
Or available on your phone

Or embedded under your skin.

Burney
12-22-2017, 10:23 AM

What a lot of cobblers.

Yes. Of course most of this panic comes from people too young to remember that travelling within most of Europe before 1993 was actually a piece of píss.

SWv2
12-22-2017, 10:27 AM

What a lot of cobblers.

I do wonder how it is all going to work really.

See your Eurostar for example, presumably the French will want to stop and check you lot, can’t imagine your average Billy Britain being happy about being so affronted on your soil by a foreigner, so presumably you will face huge queues in Calais or Paris or however it works.

I never used it, one of my few regrets from my time of living in London. That and never attending a test match.

IUFG
12-22-2017, 10:29 AM
I’ve just been reading some of the outrage on Twitter. Looooooool!

****ing marvellous, isn't it?

I missed Question Time last night, a Thursday night Twitter treat watching the maelstrom of **** being lost.
And then pointing out to various lefties that they are using discriminatory language. I get blocked a lot :-)

Sir C

See your Eurostar for example, presumably the French will want to stop and check you lot, can’t imagine your average Billy Britain being happy about being so affronted on your soil by a foreigner, so presumably you will face huge queues in Calais or Paris or however it works.

I never used it, one of my few regrets from my time of living in London. That and never attending a test match.

We have to go through passport control anyway, given that UK isn't in Schengen. In short, it's going to make fúck all difference.

Burney
I can't believe that no one has rolled out the Sheringham passport picture, an AWIMB staple

I've looked and can't find it

No, he’s clearly had it deleted off of the interwebs.

If it’s any consolation, here he is in some sort of bizarre, Peaky Blinders-type outfit that makes him look a proper ****

IUFG
12-22-2017, 10:30 AM

I mean, why would anyone want to go to France?

Sure, some of their wines are ok, but really..?

Burney
12-22-2017, 10:32 AM

French immigration already checks your písspot when you get on the train at St Pancras, sw. And vice versa at Gare Du Nord :shrug:

We shall have to see what we can do about this test match situation.

SWv2
12-22-2017, 10:33 AM
I mean, why would anyone want to go to France?

Sure, some of their wines are ok, but really..?

Day trip innit, see Paris, absorb the culture.

Burney
12-22-2017, 10:34 AM
We have to go through passport control anyway, given that UK isn't in Schengen. In short, it's going to make fúck all difference.

Indeed. The only way it will be a problem is if the immigration authorities in question actively decide to make it one - which is entirely possible.

IUFG

Paris? Culture?

Oh, you mean the graffiti?

SWv2
French immigration already checks your písspot when you get on the train at St Pancras, sw. And vice versa at Gare Du Nord :shrug:

We shall have to see what we can do about this test match situation.

Given this very obvious occurence, which i foolishly overlooked, what the fúck is all the brouhaha about then, people rushing for Irish passports and the likes.

Burney
12-22-2017, 10:35 AM

Mate, have you seen the area around the Gare Du Nord lately? :hehe:

The only culture you’re gonna get there is fùcking Ebola.

SWv2
12-22-2017, 10:36 AM
Paris? Culture?

Oh, you mean the graffiti?

Strolling arm and arm down the tree lined boulevards, remembering your O’Level French to awkwardly converse with the locals, visiting a market, a trip on the Seine, clatter of afternoon pints in an Irish bar.

Burney
12-22-2017, 10:37 AM
Given this very obvious occurence, which i foolishly overlooked, what the fúck is all the brouhaha about then, people rushing for Irish passports and the likes.

Irish citizenship will allow one to continue to live and work in any EU country without a visa, basically.

However, I regard any Briton who takes advantage of this loophole to be little better than a Quisling.