PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone working a full day today?

Sir C
12-22-2017, 09:26 AM
Should I send this lot home early or make them stay until 5:30?

Rich
12-22-2017, 09:35 AM

Let them go at 14:00, Sir C. Did you buy them a gift each?

Pokster
12-22-2017, 09:35 AM

offer them the choice of staying until 5-30... or you can sack 1 of them and let the rest leave now... see what they say

I am meant to be working a full day, boss leaving at 3-20........

SWv2
12-22-2017, 09:45 AM

I have just had an Operations meeting (09:00 and at mid-day I have a GDPR meeting.

Imagine the ****ery of such a mind to put these things into a diary. I shall do well to keep my mouth firmly closed.

Sir C
12-22-2017, 09:45 AM
Let them go at 14:00, Sir C. Did you buy them a gift each?

A gift? A GIFT?

Bah. Humbug.

Ash
12-22-2017, 09:46 AM

Thrash 'em hard, I say. That surplus value doesn't extract itself.

I expect I shall be at work all day. I've loads to do.

PSRB
12-22-2017, 09:47 AM

We are buggering off somewhere between 12 and 1pm :-)

Ash
12-22-2017, 09:47 AM
A gift? A GIFT?

Bah. Humbug.

I got a bottle of Port. :-) wd the boss

Sir C
12-22-2017, 09:49 AM
offer them the choice of staying until 5-30... or you can sack 1 of them and let the rest leave now... see what they say

I am meant to be working a full day, boss leaving at 3-20........

I like it... the bloke whose wife is 8 1/2 months pregnant is for the chop.

"There's something I have to tell you darling..."

:hehe:

Sir C
12-22-2017, 09:50 AM
I got a bottle of Port. :-) wd the boss

These swine got money.

Lots of MY FÚCKING MONEY. :-(

Burney
12-22-2017, 09:57 AM

Have you ever made them work until 5.30 on the last day before Christmas holibobs?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
12-22-2017, 09:57 AM

On holiday now until Jan 8th. Spent most of yesterday in the pub. The office will be almost empty but there is a small wine party at 3:30pm held by senior management.

SWv2
12-22-2017, 09:58 AM
On holiday now until Jan 8th. Spent most of yesterday in the pub. The office will be almost empty but there is a small wine party at 3:30pm held by senior management.

Jan 8, what sort of workshy fop are you?

Burney
12-22-2017, 10:01 AM

I’ve been off since last Friday :shrug:

Sir C
12-22-2017, 10:01 AM
Have you ever made them work until 5.30 on the last day before Christmas holibobs?

Not previously, no. But this week I have listened to Dicken's Christmas Carol, I have watched the Disney animation of A Christmas Carol, and I have watched the George C Scott Christmas Carol, and I find my sympathies entirely in accord with the thoughts of the early period Scrooge.

I'm paying these bástards to sit on their fat arses guzxzling booze and turkey that I've fúcking paid for. It's adding insult to injury.

SWv2
12-22-2017, 10:03 AM
I’ve been off since last Friday :shrug:

You're a journalist of sorts, not exactly noted for work ethic. When are you back then?

IUFG
12-22-2017, 10:03 AM
and at mid-day I have a GDPR meeting.

have it at the pub. Alcohol is the only way to get through that stuff . . .

IUFG
12-22-2017, 10:05 AM
I'm paying these bástards to sit on their fat arses guzxzling booze and turkey that I've fúcking paid for. It's adding insult to injury.

consider this a deposit into the emotional bank, sc. They may even think you are slightly less of ****ish boss than previously thought ;-)

Burney
12-22-2017, 10:06 AM
Not previously, no. But this week I have listened to Dicken's Christmas Carol, I have watched the Disney animation of A Christmas Carol, and I have watched the George C Scott Christmas Carol, and I find my sympathies entirely in accord with the thoughts of the early period Scrooge.

Yes, but you own the means of production and are - presumably - employing them at a considerable profit to yourself. So you can console yourself that you are exploiting them because they are always being paid considerably less than their labour actually accrues and that you are hoovering up that difference in order to pay for your diamond-encrusted underpants and whatnot. :thumbup:

Sir C
12-22-2017, 10:06 AM
consider this a deposit into the emotional bank, sc. They may even think you are slightly less of ****ish boss than previously thought ;-)

Oh they're fully aware that I'm a pushover, sadly. :-(

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
12-22-2017, 10:09 AM

Not a workshy fop at all. So much so that i have not used my holiday allowance so I have to use that up or I lose it. Besides, I'm travelling 3500 miles to spend the holidays with the in laws.

SWv2
12-22-2017, 10:11 AM
Not a workshy fop at all. So much so that i have not used my holiday allowance so I have to use that up or I lose it. Besides, I'm travelling 3500 miles to spend the holidays with the in laws.

Oh I say, I do all within my not unsubstantial powers to completely avoid my in-laws at this time of the year.

God bless different countries and the distance therein.

Sir C
12-22-2017, 10:13 AM
Yes, but you own the means of production and are - presumably - employing them at a considerable profit to yourself. So you can console yourself that you are exploiting them because they are always being paid considerably less than their labour actually accrues and that you are hoovering up that difference in order to pay for your diamond-encrusted underpants and whatnot. :thumbup:

Thanks b, that means a lot. I feel better now. :sniff:

Ash
12-22-2017, 10:15 AM
I have just had an Operations meeting (09:00 and at mid-day I have a GDPR meeting.

Did you hear that Wetherspoons decided to delete their entire marketing database to be on the safe side? Not that they need one, of course.

I have to compose an email right now to a future software supplier explaining for about the third time the data structure we need to comply with the GDPR, having spend about two hours previously on the phone to them explaining what was required.

:shout:

Burney
12-22-2017, 10:15 AM
Thanks b, that means a lot. I feel better now. :sniff:

Yes. Now about those diamond-encrusted underpants - I’m pretty sure the diamonds are supposed to go on the outside :-\

Pokster
12-22-2017, 10:16 AM
Yes. Now about those diamond-encrusted underpants - I’m pretty sure the diamonds are supposed to go on the outside :-\

Perhaps he wants to be pejazzled

Burney
12-22-2017, 10:17 AM
You're a journalist of sorts, not exactly noted for work ethic. When are you back then?

Actually, I call myself a magazine editor these days. For some reason, calling myself this rather than a journalist means I pay lower insurance premiums. Fúck knows why.

I’m back on the 2nd, which I think is indecently early. Sometimes one can stretch these Christmas breaks into nearly three weeks.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
12-22-2017, 10:20 AM
Oh I say, I do all within my not unsubstantial powers to completely avoid my in-laws at this time of the year.

God bless different countries and the distance therein.

To be fair, I have a brilliant relationship with my in laws. We haven't done Christmas with them since 2008. We'll also be skiing as they live about 30 minutes from 3 ski resorts :-)

SWv2
12-22-2017, 10:20 AM
Did you hear that Wetherspoons decided to delete their entire marketing database to be on the safe side? Not that they need one, of course.

I have to compose an email right now to a future software supplier explaining for about the third time the data structure we need to comply with the GDPR, having spend about two hours previously on the phone to them explaining what was required.

:shout:

Probably suggests the Spoons never had any type of consent controls in the first place. Can’t imagine they have or need a huge marketing machine anyway, a person that wishes to attend Monday night curry club does so irrespective of an email arriving in their inbox.

It’s all a massive pain in the *******s, as we have discussed and now our HR friend (Nazi?) has also confirmed. I had reached the point where my boss was basically taking the piss and giving all the work to me so I have told him I am not willing to become the company DPO. Have to say the atmosphere is frostier than Tony the Tiger.

SWv2
12-22-2017, 10:22 AM
To be fair, I have a brilliant relationship with my in laws. We haven't done Christmas with them since 2008. We'll also be skiing as they live about 30 minutes from 3 ski resorts :-)

Mine are in two seperate shíthouses in South Wales so I hope you can see my dilemma.

Ash
12-22-2017, 11:00 AM
It’s all a massive pain in the *******s, as we have discussed and now our HR friend (Nazi?) has also confirmed. I had reached the point where my boss was basically taking the piss and giving all the work to me so I have told him I am not willing to become the company DPO. Have to say the atmosphere is frostier than Tony the Tiger.

Apart from the whole consent fandango, there's the infrastructure security too. If you get hacked, it's basically your fault unless you can show you have done everything possible to avoid it, which basically means bankrupting yourself hiring security consultants to do 'penetration tests' :-| on your websites and networks. And if an external data processor you use can't produce compliancy documentation you're supposed to sack them off as if an alternative is available off the peg to just plug in instead. Who'd want to take DPO responsibility for that lot?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
12-22-2017, 11:04 AM
Mine are in two seperate shíthouses in South Wales so I hope you can see my dilemma.

Of course, you'd be going to Wales for a start

IUFG
12-22-2017, 11:27 AM
Apart from the whole consent fandango, there's the infrastructure security too. If you get hacked, it's basically your fault unless you can show you have done everything possible to avoid it, which basically means bankrupting yourself hiring security consultants to do 'penetration tests' :-| on your websites and networks. And if an external data processor you use can't produce compliancy documentation you're supposed to sack them off as if an alternative is available off the peg to just plug in instead. Who'd want to take DPO responsibility for that lot?

I keep hearing the words "...all reasonable steps" with regards to GDPR. The lawyers will have a ****ing field day with this one, of course.

I am sure it is me who will be expected to be the DPO :cry:

I am already pissed off at getting retrospective consent for stuff.

And getting express consent from employees' emergency contacts to have their details stored on our database is like pulling teeth :banghead:

SWv2
12-22-2017, 11:41 AM
I keep hearing the words "...all reasonable steps" with regards to GDPR. The lawyers will have a ****ing field day with this one, of course.

I am sure it is me who will be expected to be the DPO :cry:

I am already pissed off at getting retrospective consent for stuff.

And getting express consent from employees' emergency contacts to have their details stored on our database is like pulling teeth :banghead:

There is quite a degree of responsibility on the incumbent which is why I got fúcked off with the ongoing assumption that I would do it without even bothering to ask me. The boss mentioned remunerating me for the extra role but I explained I was not a greedy man and declined in a polite but blunt way.

I would be careful about accepting any role on a company level as it goes far beyond your HR issues.

IUFG
12-22-2017, 11:48 AM
I would be careful about accepting any role on a company level as it goes far beyond your HR issues.

I know. Some **** in another department does something thoughtless and then the finger gets pointed at you.
One of the most poisoned ****ing chalice there has ever been.

We are not massive data handlers but the implications are far still far reaching for us :-(

My only hope is that all of the pre-go live hype has massively overblown everything. Though, I fear this isn't the case.

SWv2
12-22-2017, 11:56 AM
I know. Some **** in another department does something thoughtless and then the finger gets pointed at you.
One of the most poisoned ****ing chalice there has ever been.

We are not massive data handlers but the implications are far still far reaching for us :-(

My only hope is that all of the pre-go live hype has massively overblown everything. Though, I fear this isn't the case.

These things always are, think Y2K nonsense, but this one is a shít bomb in waiting.