PDA

View Full Version : What's your most annoying, ongoing, pointless health related warning?

World's End Stella
12-20-2017, 09:31 AM
Obviously there's the xxx units a week of alcohol nonsense, the endless smoking warnings and the inevitable everything leads to cancer rubbish - but there are so many others.

My current won is my iPhone moving the volume indicator to amber about halfway up and then three tiny bars later it goes red at a volume where I can only just hear it sensibly.

And Apple can f*ck off if they think I'm not listening to Baba O'Riley with every f*cking red bar lit up. :nod:

Billy Goat Sverige
12-20-2017, 09:32 AM
Obviously there's the xxx units a week of alcohol nonsense, the endless smoking warnings and the inevitable everything leads to cancer rubbish - but there are so many others.

My current won is my iPhone moving the volume indicator to amber about halfway up and then three tiny bars later it goes red at a volume where I can only just hear it sensibly.

And Apple can f*ck off if they think I'm not listening to Baba O'Riley with every f*cking red bar lit up. :nod:

My new favourite that I read yesterday is “too much fruit juice can increase the chances of asthma in children”.

World's End Stella
12-20-2017, 09:44 AM
My new favourite that I read yesterday is “too much fruit juice can increase the chances of asthma in children”.

Thread divergence

Wouldn't mind having a word with the Panthers and asking them to beat the Falcons in the last week would you?

I reckon the Boys will win out and Falcons lose at New Orleans this weekend. That would mean we'd be a Panthers win in week 17 from the playoffs.

Cheers :thumbup:

Peter
12-20-2017, 09:47 AM

I caught the 5.15 home the other day. Nobody else on the train seemed to find it funny. :(

These Essex scum know NOTHING of The Who.

Billy Goat Sverige
12-20-2017, 09:51 AM
Thread divergence

Wouldn't mind having a word with the Panthers and asking them to beat the Falcons in the last week would you?

I reckon the Boys will win out and Falcons lose at New Orleans this weekend. That would mean we'd be a Panthers win in week 17 from the playoffs.

Cheers :thumbup:

Well the Panthers would like the Falcons to win against the Saints so we can win out and win the NFC South :-)

World's End Stella
12-20-2017, 10:05 AM
I caught the 5.15 home the other day. Nobody else on the train seemed to find it funny. :(

Where in Essex are you?

I'm heading off to Old Harlow tonight to visit friends and eat at a place called the Straw Hat Oriental.

Quite nice is Old Harlow. Cracking local boozer - The Queens Head.

World's End Stella
12-20-2017, 10:07 AM
Well the Panthers would like the Falcons to win against the Saints so we can win out and win the NFC South :-)

Yeah, great, thanks for that. :rolleyes:

Saints will win I think, Falcons were lucky to beat a not very good Tampa Bay the other night.

PSRB
12-20-2017, 10:13 AM

100% on all those but yes the Iphone maximum volume is just a joke.

Speaking of iphones, why can't they make a charging cable that doesn't disintegrate after 3 weeks! I have 6 cables and they're all ****ed!

Pokster
12-20-2017, 10:19 AM
100% on all those but yes the Iphone maximum volume is just a joke.

Speaking of iphones, why can't they make a charging cable that doesn't disintegrate after 3 weeks! I have 6 cables and they're all ****ed!

I've never broken an iphone charger... give one to the kids and it has stopped working within weeks

Peter
12-20-2017, 10:21 AM
Where in Essex are you?

I'm heading off to Old Harlow tonight to visit friends and eat at a place called the Straw Hat Oriental.

I work in chelmsford and live in Colchester. I dont go to Harlow too often and have never been to Old Harlow.

I shall be drinking hard and fast in Chelmsford this evening with some of the lads from work. I'm thirsty already......

Burney
12-20-2017, 10:33 AM
Where in Essex are you?

Old Harlow is nice. Also quiet, because people associate it with the ghastly new town and avoid it like the plague.

You’ll have to let me know what the chinky’s like, as i’m nearby and might give it a crack one of these days.

Pat Vegas
12-20-2017, 10:36 AM
May contain nuts on a packet of nuts.
:shrug:

if you are that much of an idiot perhaps you deserve for nature to deal with you.

Peter
12-20-2017, 10:37 AM
Old Harlow is nice. Also quiet, because people associate it with the ghastly new town and avoid it like the plague.

You’ll have to let me know what the chinky’s like, as i’m nearby and might give it a crack one of these days.

Chinky?

Is this what we do now? I would hate to hear you on your way to the local newsagent :)

Burney
12-20-2017, 10:40 AM
Chinky?

Is this what we do now? I would hate to hear you on your way to the local newsagent :)

Come now. Surely chinky isn’t a term of abuse, is it?

PSRB
12-20-2017, 10:40 AM
I've never broken an iphone charger... give one to the kids and it has stopped working within weeks

It's the cables, got loads of the plugs.

Peter
12-20-2017, 10:42 AM
Come now. Surely chinky isn’t a term of abuse, is it?

Its old school, b. The type of language we were moving away from before the economic collapse reminded everybody that we actually like a bit of racism and people started worshipping a party led by a pound shop Enoch Powell.

Burney
12-20-2017, 10:44 AM
Its old school, b. The type of language we were moving away from before the economic collapse reminded everybody that we actually like a bit of racism and people started worshipping a party led by a pound shop Enoch Powell.

Oh, good. Does this mean other terms of racial abuse will be coming back soon, then?

I do hope so. I haven’t called anyone a ni**er in years :cloud9:

World's End Stella
12-20-2017, 10:46 AM

Will do. Apparently upscale and I've never done any of the upscale Oriental places so should be interesting.

My mate isn't short of a few bob but he's not a man for posh tastes. He has a manshed complete with bar, bar stools and a massive fridge. Which is stocked with bottles of Cobra and massive cans of Fosters. Even in the Queens Head, which has loads of real ale and many cider/lager options he drinks only Fosters tops. :hehe:

Peter
12-20-2017, 11:21 AM
Oh, good. Does this mean other terms of racial abuse will be coming back soon, then?

I do hope so. I haven’t called anyone a ni**er in years :cloud9:

Well it isnt entirely up to me but I would think that is where we are heading.

I saw a box set of It Ain't Half Hot Mum in Tesco yesterday.

SWv2
12-20-2017, 11:23 AM
What's your most annoying, ongoing, pointless health related warning?

My Mrs telling me to take it easy before a night out.

It's a night out ffs.

barrybueno
12-20-2017, 11:30 AM

Out of your brain I hope...

Ash
12-20-2017, 12:31 PM
My Mrs telling me to take it easy before a night out.

It's a night out ffs.

But if a quiet couple of pints with the neighbours can end up with one dancing to Slade then perhaps a tiny, jarring note of caution before an intentionally heavier session is not entirely unjustified, no?

I have seen you when very drunk, after all, and I hope you wouldn't mind if I mentioned, as a friend, that you are are perhaps at some moments not entirely aware of what you are doing.

SWv2
12-20-2017, 12:33 PM
But if a quiet couple of pints with the neighbours can end up with one dancing to Slade then perhaps a tiny, jarring note of caution before an intentionally heavier session is not entirely unjustified, no?

I have seen you when very drunk, after all, and I hope you wouldn't mind if I mentioned, as a friend, that you are are perhaps at some moments not entirely aware of what you are doing.

Et tu A.

:-(

I do concur FTR. Slade, for shame.

IUFG
12-20-2017, 01:09 PM
Slade, for shame.

The Arsenal were playing Christmas songs at half time, last night.

I fear the same on Friday.