PDA

View Full Version : Why is this Ed Sheeran chap popular?

Pat Vegas
12-20-2017, 09:29 AM
he seems rather bland and sappy.

and quite calculated he has all the markets wrapped up, songs for weddings, funerals, Irish Market.

Billy Goat Sverige
12-20-2017, 09:31 AM

and quite calculated he has all the markets wrapped up, songs for weddings, funerals, Irish Market.

He’s credited with being a good songwriter but some Of the lyrics in his songs are pure ****e. It’s like he’s singing a diary entry.

Pat Vegas
12-20-2017, 09:40 AM
He’s credited with being a good songwriter but some Of the lyrics in his songs are pure ****e. It’s like he’s singing a diary entry.

he's talented with the looper pedal he uses.

why does he put an X on his guitar?

Burney
12-20-2017, 10:36 AM

He’s a Corbyn-loving cùnt and no mistake. Mind you, popular music does finally seem to have run out of new ideas, so perhaps we ought not to be surprised by the sheer blandness of what the yoot have to suffer these days.

Mind you, the yoot are pretty bland and dull themselves, so maybe they’ve got the music they deserve. :shrug:

Peter
12-20-2017, 10:40 AM
He’s a Corbyn-loving cùnt and no mistake. Mind you, popular music does finally seem to have run out of new ideas, so perhaps we ought not to be surprised by the sheer blandness of what the yoot have to suffer these days.

Mind you, the yoot are pretty bland and dull themselves, so maybe they’ve got the music they deserve. :shrug:

THey do indeed deserve it. They also deserve these horrific music festivals that are now glorified corporate marketing events.

Sheehan is a bucket of ****. The vague nods to Van Morrison are embarrassing. I managed twenty minutes of his Glastonbury show before deciding I wasnt going to waste any more time watching an ugly busker.

redgunamo
12-20-2017, 10:59 AM
THey do indeed deserve it. They also deserve these horrific music festivals that are now glorified corporate marketing events.

Sheehan is a bucket of ****. The vague nods to Van Morrison are embarrassing. I managed twenty minutes of his Glastonbury show before deciding I wasnt going to waste any more time watching an ugly busker.

Bit harsh, P. Rock was always a glorified corporate marketing event, from Elvis to Eminem to this Ed Sheeran fellow of yours.

Burney
12-20-2017, 11:07 AM
Bit harsh, P. Rock was always a glorified corporate marketing event, from Elvis to Eminem to this Ed Sheeran fellow of yours.

Yes, but the problem is that they got too good at commoditising it. The bits that got through because the corporate marketeers weren’t actually very good at their jobs were often, it turns out, the best bits.

Peter
12-20-2017, 11:13 AM

Rock was. Festivals were supposed to be the escape from that.

Peter
12-20-2017, 11:14 AM
Yes, but the problem is that they got too good at commoditising it. The bits that got through because the corporate marketeers weren’t actually very good at their jobs were often, it turns out, the best bits.

Right on. Smash the system etc.....

redgunamo
12-20-2017, 11:16 AM

It's all the same, ain't it. Unpopular stuff that everyone likes but no-one buys, is paid for by popular stuff that nobody likes but everyone buys. The former cannot even really exist without the latter, not least because even "cool" artists want to get paid too.

redgunamo
12-20-2017, 11:17 AM
Rock was. Festivals were supposed to be the escape from that.

That's just what they told you, I think.

SWv2
12-20-2017, 11:49 AM
he's talented with the looper pedal he uses.

why does he put an X on his guitar?

It is the name of his latest album I believe.

Remarkably popular in Ireland. Can't really fathom it myself but each to their own and all that.

Pokster
12-20-2017, 12:24 PM

Remarkably popular in Ireland. Can't really fathom it myself but each to their own and all that.

Because he met a singer in an Irish band

redgunamo
12-20-2017, 01:08 PM
Right on. Smash the system etc.....

Time to just accept it; you sold out and you hate yourself for it.

Quite right too. Shameful behaviour :-)

Pat Vegas
12-20-2017, 02:38 PM
Because he met a singer in an Irish band

Was it Bono?

Pokster
12-20-2017, 02:39 PM
Was it Bono?

If it was he should have punched the coont

SWv2
12-20-2017, 03:11 PM
If it was he should have punched the coont

I see your BBC handed over an hour of their peak time programming schedule last night to fawn over U2.

Not even RTE has done that, probably couldn't afford it.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-21-2017, 10:40 AM

It 'cos he's fat and ginger and Ireland's full of 'em. Makes all those fat ginger paddies feel good about themselves.