PDA

View Full Version : Tube Junkies: Did you know the Paris Metro had an Arsenal station until 1939.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
12-19-2017, 10:25 AM
In Paris atm, my mate will take me to this ghost station tomorrow. It's just down the road near Bastille.

So while Temple is currently the only station in both cities, Arsenal was for a few years in the '30s.

Can anyone remember which year Gillespie Road got renamed?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenal_(Paris_M%C3%A9tro)

Pat Vegas
12-19-2017, 12:47 PM
In Paris atm, my mate will take me to this ghost station tomorrow. It's just down the road near Bastille.

So while Temple is currently the only station in both cities, Arsenal was for a few years in the '30s.

Gimmick infringement

Ash
12-19-2017, 02:14 PM

Closed because of the war after seven years of Arsenal stations in the two cities. The same war that ended The Arsenal's dominance. :sherlock:

Say hello to my old chum Jean-Christophe for me if you see him, Ganps. He used to live near Bastille.

Peter
12-19-2017, 02:21 PM
Closed because of the war after seven years of Arsenal stations in the two cities. The same war that ended The Arsenal's dominance. :sherlock:

Say hello to my old chum Jean-Christophe for me if you see him, Ganps. He used to live near Bastille.

Technically..... it was called Arsenal (Highbury Hill) until the 60s........

I accept this could be considered ever so slightly pedantic.....

Ash
12-19-2017, 02:30 PM
Technically..... it was called Arsenal (Highbury Hill) until the 60s........

I accept this could be considered ever so slightly pedantic.....

Biggest roundel on the network I think. 8-) A mighty mosiac.

Peter
12-19-2017, 02:34 PM
Biggest roundel on the network I think. 8-) A mighty mosiac.

Did you know there was a significant local controversy over the treatment of pigeons at Arnos Grove?

I wasnt involved.

Ash
12-19-2017, 02:43 PM
Did you know there was a significant local controversy over the treatment of pigeons at Arnos Grove?

I wasnt involved.

No, I didn't. What happened?

Pat Vegas
12-19-2017, 02:49 PM
:-( I am no longer needed here.

Peter
12-19-2017, 02:59 PM
No, I didn't. What happened?

The pigeons lived in part of the roof over the platform and were, to a certain extent, ****ting on people's heads. A large number of customer complaints were received.

They put up a sign saying that they were going to exterminate the pigeons and received a far larger number of complaints, including some people who had complained about the **** on head situation.

The pigeons are still there :)

Ash
12-19-2017, 03:01 PM
The pigeons lived in part of the roof over the platform and were, to a certain extent, ****ting on people's heads. A large number of customer complaints were received.

They put up a sign saying that they were going to exterminate the pigeons and received a far larger number of complaints, including some people who had complained about the **** on head situation.

The pigeons are still there :)

I will bear this in mind and take care should I need to use the platforms at Arnos Grove in future.