PDA

View Full Version : So Minnie Driver believes having your bum touched on the subway is "no better than

Monty92
12-18-2017, 10:14 AM
raping someone"

Presumably if a man gave her the option of one or the other being done to her, she would make her choice with total indifference.

Thick, square-faced ****.

Sir C
12-18-2017, 10:17 AM
raping someone"

Presumably if a man gave her the option of one or the other being done to her, she would make her choice with total indifference.

It's not really square though, is it? Angular, I'll grant you. Square, no.

I liked her in Grosse Point Blank. Is that the one I'm thinking of? With John Cusack like.

Monty92
12-18-2017, 10:21 AM

I liked her in Grosse Point Blank. Is that the one I'm thinking of? With John Cusack like.

Yes, this is why I'm so upset to discover what a dribbling cretin she is. I had the major horn for her during my teenage years, largely due to her appearance in that film (also 'Sleepers'). She was sassy, had a sexy voice and a pumping hot bod.

A description which I suspect in her book makes me as bad as a rapist.

Burney
12-18-2017, 10:25 AM

I liked Grosse Point Blank despite her. Her face is simply enormous.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-18-2017, 10:26 AM
raping someone"

She has a point. A man so devoid of normal social boundaries as to help himself to a handful of arse feel will probably be quite capable of rape too.

Fascinating statistic that emerged recently from the Stats Office was that 90% of convicted rapists were already known to the police for other offences and for 80% of them, the other offence was burglary.

Burney
12-18-2017, 10:27 AM
Yes, this is why I'm so upset to discover what a dribbling cretin she is. I had the major horn for her during my teenage years, largely due to her appearance in that film (also 'Sleepers'). She was sassy, had a sexy voice and a pumping hot bod.

I’m sorry, but even being a teenager doesn’t excuse having a thing for Minnie ‘Balloon-Head’ Driver, m.

Also, her voice is profoundly annoying.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-18-2017, 10:28 AM
I liked Grosse Point Blank despite her. Her face is simply enormous.

Morning b. Regarding the cricket I suppose we can take solace from the fact that Cook at least managed to exceed his usual 10 run limit and hit an enormous 14.

redgunamo
12-18-2017, 10:30 AM
She has a point. A man so devoid of normal social boundaries as to help himself to a handful of arse feel will probably be quite capable of rape too.

Fascinating statistic that emerged recently from the Stats Office was that 90% of convicted rapists were already known to the police for other offences and for 80% of them, the other offence was burglary.

Yes, both involve the invasion of other's private spheres and spaces.

Burney
12-18-2017, 10:30 AM
Morning b. Regarding the cricket I suppose we can take solace from the fact that Cook at least managed to exceed his usual 10 run limit and hit an enormous 14.

That’s the thing: it’s the fact that three of our four established batters have barely fired that’s really hurt us. The new guys have done OK. That and the fact that we have zero chance of bowling Australia out twice on good pitches, of course.

Root should be relieved of the captaincy for his own good.

Burney
12-18-2017, 10:32 AM
Yes, both involve the invasion of other's private spheres and spaces.

Both offences also require a profound lack of empathy, I would suggest.

Monty92
12-18-2017, 10:32 AM
I’m sorry, but even being a teenager doesn’t excuse having a thing for Minnie ‘Balloon-Head’ Driver, m.

But she just seemed different to most girls, who in my limited experience were meek, diffident and...just...vanilla. She awakened me to the fact that females could have personalities too.

Burney
12-18-2017, 10:33 AM
But she just seemed different to most girls, who in my limited experience were meek, diffident and...just...vanilla. She awakened me to the fact that women could have personalities too.

You mean she was a bit mannish, don’t you, you screaming queer? :-(

NTTAWWI

Monty92
12-18-2017, 10:35 AM
You mean she was a bit mannish, don’t you, you screaming queer? :-(

NTTAWWI

Oh I think it's fair to say we'd all like our women to be a bit more like men, personality wise. The benefits barely even need listing, surely?

Sir C
12-18-2017, 10:35 AM

I'm not sure I get the attraction of rape. It's just never really appealed.

redgunamo
12-18-2017, 10:38 AM
Both offences also require a profound lack of empathy, I would suggest.

Right. Like Robert De Niro in "Heat".

Burney
12-18-2017, 10:49 AM
Oh I think it's fair to say we'd all like our women to be a bit more like men, personality wise. The benefits barely even need listing, surely?

Yes, but as far as most of us concerned, those benefits do not extend to us fancying strapping six-footers with square jaws, deep, husky voices and shoulders like a middleweight boxer.

redgunamo
12-18-2017, 10:51 AM

Go on then ..

List the benefits, I mean.

Burney
12-18-2017, 10:52 AM
I'm not sure I get the attraction of rape. It's just never really appealed.

It seems like a lot of effort, apart from anything else. And it must be a bit awks afterwards.

Peter
12-18-2017, 11:39 AM
That’s the thing: it’s the fact that three of our four established batters have barely fired that’s really hurt us. The new guys have done OK. That and the fact that we have zero chance of bowling Australia out twice on good pitches, of course.

Root should be relieved of the captaincy for his own good.

We have bowled them out twice in three tests.

The batting may have cost us the three tests but big improvements there would only have got us draws. Our bowling ias just not capable of taking 20 wickets.

So be it. We cant construct a bowling attack based on the needs of one tour every year. All these people screaming for 90mph bowlers- would they seriously want to field them instead of Broad and Anderson in every series?

Stokes would have made a difference but we were never going to retain the ashes. Not losing 5-0 would have been nice though....

Burney
12-18-2017, 12:01 PM
We have bowled them out twice in three tests.

The batting may have cost us the three tests but big improvements there would only have got us draws. Our bowling ias just not capable of taking 20 wickets.

So be it. We cant construct a bowling attack based on the needs of one tour every year. All these people screaming for 90mph bowlers- would they seriously want to field them instead of Broad and Anderson in every series?

Stokes would have made a difference but we were never going to retain the ashes. Not losing 5-0 would have been nice though....

I think Broad is finished and Anderson is always going to struggle in unhelpful conditions. The second string are pretty pathetic without Stokes, our only 90mph bowler is crocked and our only spinner is an injured part-timer. It was always going to be a big ask.

The fact is that the batting has been too reliant for too long on all-rounders chipping in down the order. Now one of those all-rounders is under police investigation and another is injured and appears to have forgotten how to bat. With neither Root nor Cook firing, we’ve been bloody lucky the newbies have stepped up it it could have been even more embarrassing.

Bowling-wise, the post Broad/Anderson future looks super-bleak. :-(

Luis Anaconda
12-18-2017, 12:20 PM
I think Broad is finished and Anderson is always going to struggle in unhelpful conditions. The second string are pretty pathetic without Stokes, our only 90mph bowler is crocked and our only spinner is an injured part-timer. It was always going to be a big ask.

The fact is that the batting has been too reliant for too long on all-rounders chipping in down the order. Now one of those all-rounders is under police investigation and another is injured and appears to have forgotten how to bat. With neither Root nor Cook firing, we’ve been bloody lucky the newbies have stepped up it it could have been even more embarrassing.

Bowling-wise, the post Broad/Anderson future looks super-bleak. :-(

Draft in Tom Helm and George Garton for the last two Tests. Both very sharpish. Maybe give Crane a go in Sydney More worried about opening bats. Cook will probably quit and we still haven’t properly replaced Strauss (though I like Stoneman and hopefully Hameed will take on Cook role. Also be tempted to play Johnny as a batsmen only and bring on Foakes. Apart from that the team is in good shape :)

Peter
12-18-2017, 01:35 PM
Draft in Tom Helm and George Garton for the last two Tests. Both very sharpish. Maybe give Crane a go in Sydney More worried about opening bats. Cook will probably quit and we still haven’t properly replaced Strauss (though I like Stoneman and hopefully Hameed will take on Cook role. Also be tempted to play Johnny as a batsmen only and bring on Foakes. Apart from that the team is in good shape :)

This is the thing though. Its one tour every four years. We cant construct a bowling attack for that. Half our tests are played in England where seam movement and swing are more important. Its not just inevitable that we will develop these types of bowlers- its essential.

When it comes to batting, we need guys who can play sideways movement. Being able to bat all day on a flat track in Australia is a great skill but if you look hopeless against movement we are going to have to look elsewhere.

SWv2
12-18-2017, 01:59 PM
This is the thing though. Its one tour every four years. We cant construct a bowling attack for that. Half our tests are played in England where seam movement and swing are more important. Its not just inevitable that we will develop these types of bowlers- its essential.

When it comes to batting, we need guys who can play sideways movement. Being able to bat all day on a flat track in Australia is a great skill but if you look hopeless against movement we are going to have to look elsewhere.

I have to say, and I am coming at this as a complete cricketing novice, but it takes a special side of special skills to go from the position they were in at the end of day 1 to how the test finished up.

Wd England.

Peter
12-18-2017, 02:02 PM
I have to say, and I am coming at this as a complete cricketing novice, but it takes a special side of special skills to go from the position they were in at the end of day 1 to how the test finished up.

Wd England.

Was really just that collapse. That half an hour or so. Australia were always going to rack up a very big score and once they did we were ****ed. THis England side don't do lost causes so once they know they are going to lose they can't be arsed hanging around.

That one collapse and we were done for.

Luis Anaconda
12-18-2017, 02:08 PM

Can’t argue with that really. Certainly not the bowling angle though batsman should relish the lack of movement- indeed Malan’s comment after the first innings suggested as much

Rich
12-18-2017, 02:19 PM

I may or may not have had a thing for Trisha (chat show host) as a teenager.

I cannot explain this.

Peter
12-18-2017, 02:23 PM
Can’t argue with that really. Certainly not the bowling angle though batsman should relish the lack of movement- indeed Malan’s comment after the first innings suggested as much

Yes, although it is a different challenge for batsmen. Its now a case of needing to bat big and long which means cutting out the flashes outside off stump. Funny that Malan can grasp that and Root cant.

I cant quite believe some of the things I am hearing about Jimmy Anderson. Absolutely ridiculous.

Peter
12-18-2017, 02:30 PM
raping someone"

She also said that we, as men, do not have the right to an opinion. So you bringing this up, even discussing it, is probably rape.

Presumably the jurors will all need to be women as well. And the judge. And in fact all the police officers dealing with. And all the journalists.

Rape is rape, as is anything else that a woman says is rape, even when it clearly isnt. Its all rape. And we are not allowed an opinion.

Naturally, I do not have an opinion.

redgunamo
12-18-2017, 03:40 PM
She also said that we, as men, do not have the right to an opinion. So you bringing this up, even discussing it, is probably rape.

Presumably the jurors will all need to be women as well. And the judge. And in fact all the police officers dealing with. And all the journalists.

Rape is rape, as is anything else that a woman says is rape, even when it clearly isnt. Its all rape. And we are not allowed an opinion.

Naturally, I do not have an opinion.

Well, quite. There's lots of wise words to be said on the subject, but the wise man doesn't allow himself to be caught saying any of them :-)

Peter
12-18-2017, 03:50 PM
Well, quite. There's lots of wise words to be said on the subject, but the wise man doesn't allow himself to be caught saying any of them :-)

One other woman must have encountered Monty previously as she pointed out that 'there are different stages of cancer but its all still cancer'.....

In the same way, there are different abilities in footballers but they are all footballers. THere is no hierarchy and therefore
Alex Iwobi IS Dennis Bergkamp

World's End Stella
12-18-2017, 03:54 PM
One other woman must have encountered Monty previously as she pointed out that 'there are different stages of cancer but its all still cancer'.....

In the same way, there are different abilities in footballers but they are all footballers. THere is no hierarchy and therefore
Alex Iwobi IS Dennis Bergkamp

:bitestongue:

eastgermanautos
12-18-2017, 05:16 PM

A little too "Australian" for me. That is to say, having those qualities you instance above: borderline mental retardation, slow, cud-chewing speech, tedious, racially-tinged sense of entitlement.