PDA

View Full Version : Blimey, Dele Ali and Kane are a properly nasty pair.

Sir C
12-18-2017, 09:31 AM
Some lengthy bans would appear to be in order.

World's End Stella
12-18-2017, 09:37 AM

Thought Kane's was more clumsy and a bit unlucky than nasty. Ali is just a nasty bit of business, still not sure how De Bruyne got out of that one without a serious injury.

Speaking of which, the ginger Belgie might very well be one of the most wonderful footballers to watch I have seen in some time. And Jose Mourinho sold him for f*ck all. :hehe:

Of course, someone could claim that was a one off and Mourinho has never sold anyone else that came good. Like Mo Salah. :-)

Peter
12-18-2017, 09:43 AM
Thought Kane's was more clumsy and a bit unlucky than nasty. Ali is just a nasty bit of business, still not sure how De Bruyne got out of that one without a serious injury.

Speaking of which, the ginger Belgie might very well be one of the most wonderful footballers to watch I have seen in some time. And Jose Mourinho sold him for f*ck all. :hehe:

Of course, someone could claim that was a one off and Mourinho has never sold anyone else that came good. Like Mo Salah. :-)

When you trade in that many players you are bound to let a few go that come good. Its better than buying players who are ****.

City look rather ****ing good. Our 3-1 defeat there is looking a decent result.

I am resigned to the fact that they may not lose a game......

Sir C
12-18-2017, 09:46 AM

Eh? Kane's has a clear follow-through at the end of the stretch to make contact with the standing leg. It was 100% intentional.

World's End Stella
12-18-2017, 09:53 AM
When you trade in that many players you are bound to let a few go that come good. Its better than buying players who are ****.

Well you could make an argument that they are the two best players in the league right now. Selling players on who become good is one thing, doing that is quite another. And you could argue that Hazard is the third best player, and someone else that Mourinho fell out with badly.

Yes, I really, really, really hate that man. :-)

redgunamo
12-18-2017, 09:56 AM

Yes, fairplay to Guardiola. I don't like his success here, but fairplay.

Ash
12-18-2017, 09:56 AM

They are probably going to make the Invincibles look a bit average, but when they win the league in March it might be hard for them to go unbeaten in the league when they've got a quadruple to go for. #clutchingatstraws

redgunamo
12-18-2017, 09:57 AM
Eh? Kane's has a clear follow-through at the end of the stretch to make contact with the standing leg. It was 100% intentional.

Agreed. You always have to give a top professional player the "benefit" of the doubt.

redgunamo
12-18-2017, 09:59 AM
They are probably going to make the Invincibles look a bit average, but when they win the league in March it might be hard for them to go unbeaten in the league when they've got a quadruple to go for. #clutchingatstraws

What does it actually prove though; that a billion dollars buys you a decent team?

#WengerOut

Ash
12-18-2017, 10:02 AM
What does it actually prove though; that a billion dollars buys you a decent team?

#WengerOut

Well, obviously we'd all like to see him try and do it with Swindon Town, but Mr Mourinho has spent nearly as much and no-one really wants to see his team play. Just a rich Tony Pulis.

Monty92
12-18-2017, 10:10 AM

About three years ago I said on here that De Bruyne was the closest thing I've seen to Bergkamp and got laughed off the board. I think SW may have even called me a thick big nosed ****", which is highly out of character.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-18-2017, 10:11 AM

to escape further sanctions is a nonsense.

I suspect however, that De Bruyne must have said something unpleasant to Ali about his mother, possibly calling her a 'big wide crack whore' which I am given to understand she is. A profession she shares with your own mother c.

Sir C
12-18-2017, 10:11 AM
About three years ago I said on here that De Bruyne was the closest thing I've seen to Bergkamp and got laughed off the board. I think SW may have even called me a thick big nosed ****", which is highly out of character.

HE is a ginger Belgian and YOU can fúck off.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-18-2017, 10:12 AM

I may have to admit you were right but so was SW ...b'doom tish.

redgunamo
12-18-2017, 10:28 AM

SW was quite right though, imo. Bergkamp scored about 300 goals and I don't see young Kevin doing that.

Although, Belgium did win the world cup on my FIFA game, the other day :-\

SWv2
12-18-2017, 11:08 AM

Don't think you can as the ref saw and dealt with at the time.

Kane was a very bad tackle but I suspect the other wee fúcker was just snide. I don't like him one bit.

SWv2
12-18-2017, 11:12 AM

I am afraid unless you can show me the actual contretemps I am going to have to label you a liar. About 3 years ago as you suggest KdB would have been doing his thing with Wolfsburg and I would have been fully aware of his talent though I am unsure if a comparison to Bergkamp would at that point been appropriate.

Unless I was just a "thick big nosed ****" in general, which then I stand by my comments.

Burney
12-18-2017, 11:17 AM
I am afraid unless you can show me the actual contretemps I am going to have to label you a liar. About 3 years ago as you suggest KdB would have been doing his thing with Wolfsburg and I would have been fully aware of his talent though I am unsure if a comparison to Bergkamp would at that point been appropriate.

Unless I was just a "thick big nosed ****" in general, which then I stand by my comments.

It’s the season of goodwill, season. The time of year when we give thanks for the birth of a big-nosed baby who saved us all from Satan.

Can’t we all just get along?

SWv2
12-18-2017, 11:18 AM
It’s the season of goodwill, season. The time of year when we give thanks for the birth of a big-nosed baby who saved us all from Satan.

I think you will find I was extremely nice.

:shrug:

Sir C
12-18-2017, 11:21 AM

I've never really got the whole 'saviour' thing, to be honest. I don't think it was explained very well. There was this existential threat to humanity, right? But we're never really told what it was. So God sends his son, a sort of Godlysuperhero, to 'save' us, which he eventually achieves by allowing himself to be nailed to a cross, rather than say, truning the Roman legionaries into pillars of salt or simesuch.

I would like someone to explain how, and from what, he saved us. Thank you.

Burney
12-18-2017, 11:26 AM
I've never really got the whole 'saviour' thing, to be honest. I don't think it was explained very well. There was this existential threat to humanity, right? But we're never really told what it was. So God sends his son, a sort of Godlysuperhero, to 'save' us, which he eventually achieves by allowing himself to be nailed to a cross, rather than say, truning the Roman legionaries into pillars of salt or simesuch.

I would like someone to explain how, and from what, he saved us. Thank you.

Well before he came along, God was fùcking Jewish, wasn’t he? So he saved us all from being Jews. That seems pretty good to me. :shrug:

Although I do remember reading in Piers Plowright how Jesus popped off down to hell while he was dead, battered the devil and let everyone out of hell. Not sure that’s canon, though.

Peter
12-18-2017, 11:36 AM
Well, obviously we'd all like to see him try and do it with Swindon Town, but Mr Mourinho has spent nearly as much and no-one really wants to see his team play. Just a rich Tony Pulis.

Errrrr...also, City have been spending ludicrous amounts of money for nearly a decade and have never looked this good. I think he deserves a bit of credit!

Peter
12-18-2017, 01:39 PM

He is not on the same planet as Dennis so you can all **** off.

SWv2
12-18-2017, 01:55 PM
He is not on the same planet as Dennis so you can all **** off.

Well of course the comparison is wildly premature and simply made in order to get reaction, but he is damned fine footballer playing in a damned fine side.

I couldn't care less how much they have spent, good luck to them. I mean they haven't even allowed B Silva a genuine run in the team yet and he is ridiculously good.

Peter
12-18-2017, 01:59 PM
Well of course the comparison is wildly premature and simply made in order to get reaction, but he is damned fine footballer playing in a damned fine side.

I couldn't care less how much they have spent, good luck to them. I mean they haven't even allowed B Silva a genuine run in the team yet and he is ridiculously good.

Agreed, thought he was the pick of the Monaco side when they played city last season. The little silva is a fantastic player as well, I love watching him. Used to remind me a tiny bit of pires.

I dont think any of the city players are at the level of bergkamp, Henry or vieira as stand out individuals. They do, however, have an array of seriously ****ing good players, some of whom are getting better. A better squad than the invincibles but the stars are not at the same level as those three- nobody is.

I mean, even Pele can **** off.

7sisters
12-18-2017, 02:51 PM
Agreed, thought he was the pick of the Monaco side when they played city last season. The little silva is a fantastic player as well, I love watching him. Used to remind me a tiny bit of pires.

I dont think any of the city players are at the level of bergkamp, Henry or vieira as stand out individuals. They do, however, have an array of seriously ****ing good players, some of whom are getting better. A better squad than the invincibles but the stars are not at the same level as those three- nobody is.

Quite so, and there's just no way anyone would put Walker, Delph, Mangala and Otamendi ahead of Lauren, Cole, Keown and Campbell, despite Wenger doing his trademark best to f uck up the defence by acquiring Cygan.

eastgermanautos
12-18-2017, 03:06 PM

No, I think you have to put Sane into the convo. He is seriously good and incredibly fast. Dangereuse.

World's End Stella
12-18-2017, 03:17 PM
Quite so, and there's just no way anyone would put Walker, Delph, Mangala and Otamendi ahead of Lauren, Cole, Keown and Campbell, despite Wenger doing his trademark best to f uck up the defence by acquiring Cygan.

Walker is a much better RB than Ralph ever was imo.

And when DeBruyne played that first time cross field ball over the RBs head into Sane's feet I genuinely thought something like 'jesus, he reminded me of Dennis there'.

And Teddy Sheringham, of course. :-)

Peter
12-18-2017, 03:19 PM
Walker is a much better RB than Ralph ever was imo.

And when DeBruyne played that first time cross field ball over the RBs head into Sane's feet I genuinely thought something like 'jesus, he reminded me of Dennis there'.

And Teddy Sheringham, of course. :-)

You are a terrible person.

redgunamo
12-18-2017, 03:48 PM

Actually, I've always used Manchester City's spending as a stick to beat Wenger with; I always felt it was folly to attempt to play billion dollar football with a cut-rate team. And anyway, I didn't believe it was possible to fanny-dance your way to the Premier League title, but Pep Guardiola is proving me wrong. Good luck to him; they were superb against Spurs :-\

Peter
12-18-2017, 03:51 PM
Actually, I've always used Manchester City's spending as a stick to beat Wenger with; I always felt it was folly to attempt to play billion dollar football with a cut-rate team. And anyway, I didn't believe it was possible to fanny-dance your way to the Premier League title, but Pep Guardiola is proving me wrong. Good luck to him; they were superb against Spurs :-\

And I thought Spurs actually played quite well for an hour.....

redgunamo
12-18-2017, 04:00 PM

Indeed, they did. Really special teams, though, almost have an obligation to win, there's a kind of air of inevitability about it.

It's like playing FIFA at two or three levels above your station (or against your twelve year-old son, in my case); you feel you're doing really well just by staying in the game, but, in the end, unless you score four, you will lose.

We used to be like that sometimes. Barcelona too.

World's End Stella
12-18-2017, 04:15 PM

At the risk of using a cliché, they lacked patience and composure in the final third but got into a lot of very good positions. At 1-0 they were still in it but each time they played the final ball too quickly or too badly.

Their FBs were terrible, I thought.

Peter
12-18-2017, 04:34 PM
At the risk of using a cliché, they lacked patience and composure in the final third but got into a lot of very good positions. At 1-0 they were still in it but each time they played the final ball too quickly or too badly.

Their FBs were terrible, I thought.

I did notice they kept trying to play the ball from the back even when City pressed them up to the edge of the box. I was amazed that they managed to do this under such pressure without feeling the need to knock aimless passes across their own box. I suppose their coach told them not to.

7sisters
12-18-2017, 08:05 PM
I did notice they kept trying to play the ball from the back even when City pressed them up to the edge of the box. I was amazed that they managed to do this under such pressure without feeling the need to knock aimless passes across their own box. I suppose their coach told them not to.

Very good P.. I saw what you did there.

Peter
12-18-2017, 08:08 PM
Very good P.. I saw what you did there.

They protected the ball when they got cornered and were prepared to lose the ball to a throw on rather than risk everything with a chip across the box or a back heel or other act of ****ery.

redgunamo
01-11-2018, 05:58 PM

I disagree. It's fascinating to see Mourinho make a billion dollar team play like Swindon Town.