PDA

View Full Version : Thought Wilshere looked good last night.

Billy Goat Sverige
12-14-2017, 08:10 AM
All the people wanting Giroud to start got what they wished for :-)

IUFG
12-14-2017, 08:35 AM

Wilshere - apart from the shot he put over from 6 yards. :baghead:

Sanchez - turned into a crab with his sideways running across the pitch.

Koscielny - turning into a Keystone Cop defender. That ****e defending in the 90th minute...

Welbeck - why?

Iwobi - what exactly is the point of him?

In summary, WENGER OUT.

Maitland-Niles played well, tbh.

Sir C
12-14-2017, 09:05 AM

You're right, Wilshere did look good. The rest of them, sadly, didn't.

Wilshere and Ozil aside, this must be the least talented Arsenal team for a generation. :-(

Pat Vegas
12-14-2017, 09:06 AM

Wilshere and Ozil aside, this must be the least talented Arsenal team for a generation. :-(

But what breeds this sort of casual appraoch to things. Squard after squard it seems to get worserer.

Pokster
12-14-2017, 09:08 AM
But what breeds this sort of casual appraoch to things. Squard after squard it seems to get worserer.

Has to be the manager, if he can't motivate them then it doesn't matter how good the players are. I would suggest that 5th or lower and then AW will leave

#Wengerout

Sir C
12-14-2017, 09:08 AM

I don't know f, I really don't get it.

People used to moan about Denilson, who was an excellent footballer. Now we have Iwobi in the first team. :-(

Tony C
12-14-2017, 09:18 AM
Maitland-Niles has the highest cross completion rate in the team...that’s a right footed central midfielder playing at left back.

Explains so much imo

Pat Vegas
12-14-2017, 09:20 AM
Has to be the manager, if he can't motivate them then it doesn't matter how good the players are. I would suggest that 5th or lower and then AW will leave

#Wengerout

:nod: it's all very boring. I wouldn't mind if we were **** but appeared to give it a good effort and concentrate for the 90 mins.

SWv2
12-14-2017, 09:25 AM

Well there is the rub with Giroud innit.

He is the footballing personification of the phrase that “absence makes the heart grow fonder”. Remove him from the starting 11 and his brief cameo appearances make you think “ooh he should start”, and then he starts and his deficiencies within the team system come to the fore.

He’s a sub, nothing more. A reserve to be rolled out when others need a rest in lesser competitions.

See also “TJ and the impressive 5 minute spell in a meaningless dead rubber match” which admittedly is a working title for his latest book.

redgunamo
12-14-2017, 09:29 AM

Wenger's longevity probably. How do players respond when they know that, whatever they do; win, lose, play well or badly, their manager's job is safe? And how does a manager deal with his players when he too knows his job is safe?

Highly unusual situation in football, I'd suggest.

World's End Stella
12-14-2017, 09:29 AM
I don't know f, I really don't get it.

People used to moan about Denilson, who was an excellent footballer. Now we have Iwobi in the first team. :-(

:nod: and a manager who generated a profit in the summer transfer window rather than using the money available to him to improve the team.

You know where this is going. :-)

World's End Stella
12-14-2017, 09:30 AM

It was nice watching us play with two central midfielders in, you know, central midfield.

Amazing how well that works. :rolleyes:

Pat Vegas
12-14-2017, 09:31 AM
:nod: and a manager who generated a profit in the summer transfer window rather than using the money available to him to improve the team.

You know where this is going. :-)

So the Wenger outers were actually right all along?
What they used to say seems to the majority now. But they are classed as fools.

Rich
12-14-2017, 09:32 AM

Only because we can't afford/won't pay to get the best first team talent/youth players in. The board seem to be happy to sit in the middle of the challenging pack behind City, United and Chelsea.

Tony C
12-14-2017, 09:33 AM
If we win the 3 Cups the AKBs will claim victory and call for 5 more years.

Pat Vegas
12-14-2017, 09:34 AM
Only because we can't afford/won't pay to get the best first team talent/youth players in. The board seem to be happy to sit in the middle of the challenging pack behind City, United and Chelsea.

That doesn't excuse the crap effort on the pitch Rich.
Those teams all had a crap periods too, a time where we could have tried to win Leicester won of all people as they played as a team.

also I find the contract situations of Ozil and Sanchez quite frankly embarrassing for a club who allegedly does things the 'right way'

Pokster
12-14-2017, 09:35 AM

While we make money for finishing 4th 5th etc the board wouldn't want to spend £200-£300m to TRY to get us to win the title. Why would they, they are more bothered about it being a money making venture than atitle winning one

Tony C
12-14-2017, 09:36 AM
Don’t forget we’re on the Leicester City model.

SWv2
12-14-2017, 09:36 AM

I think we are at a really tough time for the club.

Cech cannot have that much longer left, Mertesacker is gone, the chronic injuries we often read about will surely take their toll on Koscielny who anyway is 31/32 and again heading towards the end, not sure Wenger rates Mustafi else why go through the summer trying to move him on, not sure what is going on with Holding who is trusted for major matches then nowhere to be seen despite being an age where most Prem managers would have him in weekly, I am not sure why we re-employed Chambers at all. That is just the defensive area.

Ozil and Sanchez are surely gone at this point, Walcott should go if he has even one shred of professional integrity, Ramsey will be next in the 12 months from free bracket.

I am sure there is others we could identify – Wilshere free to talk to clubs in 17 days, Elneny and Coquelin are both mince ……

Yet we are 7th and probably 4th by tea time on Saturday.

I am not sure if my glass is indeed half full or half empty, however a new round is called for.

Pat Vegas
12-14-2017, 09:37 AM

Cech cannot have that much longer left, Mertesacker is gone, the chronic injuries we often read about will surely take their toll on Koscielny who anyway is 31/32 and again heading towards the end, not sure Wenger rates Mustafi else why go through the summer trying to move him on, not sure what is going on with Holding who is trusted for major matches then nowhere to be seen despite being an age where most Prem managers would have him in weekly, I am not sure why we re-employed Chambers at all. That is just the defensive area.

Ozil and Sanchez are surely gone at this point, Walcott should go if he has even one shred of professional integrity, Ramsey will be next in the 12 months from free bracket.

I am sure there is others we could identify – Wilshere free to talk to clubs in 17 days, Elneny and Coquelin are both mince ……

I am not sure if my glass is indeed half full or half empty, however a new round is called for.

The only solution is a new manager a clear out and a few years of rebuilding.
Wenger has his favourites and his projects that he insists on carrying on with whilst he is here it won't really change.

Also the whole Wenger contract *******s last season was another farce.

Rich
12-14-2017, 09:39 AM

Did you see Ozil scorning himself after he put a little bit too much on a through ball? That made me think he wants to stay and if you believe the rumours, he's going to sign for another 2 years.

Sanchez doesn't seem liked by his team mates and can go. I think we're better off having guys like Wilshere and Iwobi in the team who genuinely want to be there and are at the right age.

Also - you missed Cazorla from your list who is both old and broken.

SWv2
12-14-2017, 09:41 AM
Did you see Ozil scorning himself after he put a little bit too much on a through ball? That made me think he wants to stay and if you believe the rumours, he's going to sign for another 2 years.

Sanchez doesn't seem liked by his team mates and can go. I think we're better off having guys like Wilshere and Iwobi in the team who genuinely want to be there and are at the right age.

Also - you missed Cazorla from your list who is both old and broken.

I did not Dick. I was out at football training and by the time I got in the first half was coming to an end, two bowls of crunchy nut corn flakes later and it was Peaky Blinders time.

I knew the match would be shíte so I simply could not be bothered.

Sir C
12-14-2017, 09:43 AM
I did not Dick. I was out at football training and by the time I got in the first half was coming to an end, two bowls of crunchy nut corn flakes later and it was Peaky Blinders time.

I knew the match would be shíte so I simply could not be bothered.

Did you put milk on those corn flakes? :-(

SWv2
12-14-2017, 09:47 AM
Did you put milk on those corn flakes? :-(

Eh, yes.

Then I had a glass of milk with about 3-4 stem ginger cookies and a fun size Mars bar, "pudding" if you want to be snobby.

redgunamo
12-14-2017, 09:49 AM
So the Wenger outers were actually right all along?
What they used to say seems to the majority now. But they are classed as fools.

Yeah, but nobody, on either side of that particular kerfuffle, thought about the money. Strangely, everyone was focussed on winning the European Cup :-\

Pat Vegas
12-14-2017, 09:49 AM
Eh, yes.

Then I had a glass of milk with about 3-4 stem ginger cookies and a fun size Mars bar, "pudding" if you want to be snobby.

who decided that small would be called fun size? is it ***** related?

Sir C
12-14-2017, 09:53 AM
Eh, yes.

Jesus Christ. You drank extra milk, neat?

Dirty, dirty bástard.

Ash
12-14-2017, 09:57 AM
who decided that small would be called fun size? is it ***** related?

Apparently the word 'fun' has been redefined to mean 'less of'. So a fun size mars bar is less of a mars bar. See also a 'fun fact'. Presumably this means less of a fact.

See Dave Gorman for more details.

SWv2
12-14-2017, 09:59 AM
Jesus Christ. You drank extra milk, neat?

Dirty, dirty bástard.

Super Milk, good for you.

Please don't try and claim you have never ordered a glass of milk to accompany your meal in a cafe or mid range restaurant. It would be akin to denying your Irish heritage.

Sir C
12-14-2017, 09:59 AM
Apparently the word 'fun' has been redefined to mean 'less of'. So a fun size mars bar is less of a mars bar. See also a 'fun fact'. Presumably this means less of a fact.

Pooley Bridge, was it? Hmm? How was the snow?

Pat Vegas
12-14-2017, 10:01 AM

that makes sense, when someone says to be 'it will be fun' I actually do not like it.

Sir C
12-14-2017, 10:03 AM
Super Milk, good for you.

Please don't try and claim you have never ordered a glass of milk to accompany your meal in a cafe or mid range restaurant. It would be akin to denying your Irish heritage.

The nuns used to make us drink those little bottles of milk which had often sat in the sun all morning. :puke:

Milk has not passed my lips since I became adult enough to say 'no'.

Ash
12-14-2017, 10:04 AM
{snip}

Add to all that the realistic likelihood of failling to make the top four again at the time the commercial deals are up for renewal and we could lose out on quite a bit of monies, if one assumes that monies are a factor in a club's ability to succeed on the pitch. Maybe a few years in mid-table and falling share price will persuade the wig-botherer that it is time to sell up, and some slaver state or corporate gangster will step in and bankroll us to glory.

SWv2
12-14-2017, 10:12 AM
Add to all that the realistic likelihood of failling to make the top four again at the time the commercial deals are up for renewal and we could lose out on quite a bit of monies, if one assumes that monies are a factor in a club's ability to succeed on the pitch. Maybe a few years in mid-table and falling share price will persuade the wig-botherer that it is time to sell up, and some slaver state or corporate gangster will step in and bankroll us to glory.

It’s all very weird A, from the season high of the Spurs victory it has kind of faded away so quickly, or faded back to bland reality as opposed to “faded away”.

I know a lot has been written about the valiant brilliance of the United defeat and yes we deserve some credit for the performance but I am probably alone in my firm view that we fully deserved to lose that game, football is a game played at both ends of the pitch and we defended for all 3 goals like rank amateurs. Southampton then was abysmal and for all the good fortune some will claim was absent from the United game was there in spades on the south coast.

Even Monty, our resident defend Wenger at all costs contributor, yesterday twice admitted the manager is failing in his most basic task of preparing and motivating the players. Yes ballsed it up in a nonsense drivel about Man City but the criticism was there.

Still, there is January and the window of opportunity to try and improve things though the status quo will remain while Wenger remains.

Ash
12-14-2017, 10:12 AM
The nuns used to make us drink those little bottles of milk which had often sat in the sun all morning. :puke:

Milk has not passed my lips since I became adult enough to say 'no'.

This problem goes further than nuns. As dairies were guarranteed sales to schools I suspect that the milk they delivered was not the freshest they had available to start with. To this day Ms A refuses to have anything milkier on her cereal than the dyed-white water in the red lid containers.

Despite having to endure this off-milk torture not only at school but at home as well (the old, rancid milk would have to be drunk before the fresher stuff) I somehow survived into adulthood without a fear of the nutritious goodness of a liquid designed to make small cows double in weight every few weeks.

IUFG
12-14-2017, 10:16 AM
I think we're better off having guys like Wilshere and Iwobi in the team who genuinely want to be there and are at the right age.

oh, do **** off, r

IUFG
12-14-2017, 10:19 AM
Still, there is January and the window of opportunity to try and improve things though the status quo will remain while Wenger remains.

whilst this shows a small shred of optimism, I have to ask "who the ****, of any decent quality, would sign up for The Arsenal right now?"

Pat Vegas
12-14-2017, 10:21 AM
oh, do **** off, r

:hehe:
Iwobi is rubbish.

IUFG
12-14-2017, 10:21 AM
:hehe:
Iwobi is rubbish.

****ing word, pv

SWv2
12-14-2017, 10:25 AM
whilst this shows a small shred of optimism, I have to ask "who the ****, of any decent quality, would sign up for The Arsenal right now?"

I don’t appreciate the aggressive tone of your e-mail and given your professional background I am shocked. Let this be the proverbial shot across your bows.

Now, no idea.

I had a quick look the other night to see who we were going to sign and I am informed we will go again for Lemar though shrewdly we will offer less than before, we are going to sign Leon Goretzka despite him being wanted by others including United/Bayern/Barca and indeed a deal is struck at €35m for Steven N’Zonzi (the ex-Stoke and Blackburn player).

Now I defy you to read and absorb the above and not accept that the future is rosy?

p.s. N’Zonzi is actually quite / very good, the Stoke thing was merely for effect.

World's End Stella
12-14-2017, 10:29 AM
Not that I would ever wish to be negative. :-)

But Jack's performance last night reminded me of what a good player he is. In fact, watching him play last night made me realize that there are currently only three Arsenal players that, at times, I enjoy watching play and whom I rate highly. Sanchez, Ozil and Jack.

All three of whom are out of contract in about 4 months. Can you imagine this team without those three players? :hehe:

Peter
12-14-2017, 10:29 AM

Koscielny - turning into a Keystone Cop defender. That ****e defending in the 90th minute...

Welbeck - why?

In summary, WENGER OUT.

It has to be said, that debacle near the end is ****ing hilarious. Mistake after mistake after mistake.

Peter
12-14-2017, 10:30 AM

But Jack's performance last night reminded me of what a good player he is. In fact, watching him play last night made me realize that there are currently only three Arsenal players that, at times, I enjoy watching play and whom I rate highly. Sanchez, Ozil and Jack.

All three of whom are out of contract in about 4 months. Can you imagine this team without those three players? :hehe:

Well it isnt too hard to imagine the team without JAck is it. And Sanchez is so awful att he moment that you would be better off starting THeo.

THat just leaves Ozil. Meh.....

SWv2
12-14-2017, 10:32 AM

They can sign a deal with another club in 18 days (I am sure you are aware of this).

IUFG
12-14-2017, 10:34 AM
I don’t appreciate the aggressive tone of your e-mail and given your professional background I am shocked. Let this be the proverbial shot across your bows.

Now, no idea.

I had a quick look the other night to see who we were going to sign and I am informed we will go again for Lemar though shrewdly we will offer less than before, we are going to sign Leon Goretzka despite him being wanted by others including United/Bayern/Barca and indeed a deal is struck at €35m for Steven N’Zonzi (the ex-Stoke and Blackburn player).

Now I defy you to read and absorb the above and not accept that the future is rosy?

p.s. N’Zonzi is actually quite / very good, the Stoke thing was merely for effect.

That wasn't an aggressive post, so you can stick your shot across the bows up your arse. ;-)

N'Zonzi? Is he that good?

And, do I remember him scoring a header against us for Blackburn? Sort of straight down the middle of the pitch free kick, he headed it over ?Almunia?

Pat Vegas
12-14-2017, 10:36 AM
****ing word, pv

I was watching him closely yesterday. he was in space and nobody passed him the ball he started jumping up and down and sulking.

IUFG
12-14-2017, 10:37 AM
I was watching him closely yesterday. he was in space and nobody passed him the ball he started jumping up and down and sulking.

Has he been learning from the Master of Strops, Sanchez?

SWv2
12-14-2017, 10:38 AM
That wasn't an aggressive post, so you can stick your shot across the bows up your arse. ;-)

N'Zonzi? Is he that good?

And, do I remember him scoring a header against us for Blackburn? Sort of straight down the middle of the pitch free kick, he headed it over ?Almunia?

I'm not a pervert mate.

Ask LA.

IUFG
12-14-2017, 10:40 AM
I'm not a pervert mate.

Ask LA.

ah, will do.

I seem to remember it as it was a quality piece of powder puff defending. At least we've been consistent over the years...

Ash
12-14-2017, 10:41 AM
Pooley Bridge, was it? Hmm? How was the snow?

No snow at ground level but it was ay-mazing on the tops. Minus four at one point but no wind. From Loadpot Hill, Arthur's Pike, Bonscale Pike, Hallin Fell and Steel Knotts the Hellvellyn range across the lake looked like the Alps. Mind-blowing stuff. Lots of ice everywhere, so moderate peril abounded, and went arse-over-tit once but got away with a bruised elbow.

Also did the Ullswater Way clockwise between Pooley Bridge and Aira Force. Almost stranded at Aira Force as night descended with a partial failure on the mobile network so couldn't get a taxi.

Sir C
12-14-2017, 10:44 AM
No snow at ground level but it was ay-mazing on the tops. Minus four at one point but no wind. From Loadpot Hill, Arthur's Pike, Bonscale Pike, Hallin Fell and Steel Knotts the Hellvellyn range across the lake looked like the Alps. Mind-blowing stuff. Lots of ice everywhere, so moderate peril abounded, and went arse-over-tit once but got away with a bruised elbow.

Also did the Ullwater Way clockwise between Pooley Bridge and Aira Force. Almost stranded at Aira Force as night descended with a partial failure on the mobile network so couldn't get a taxi.

Grand stuff. Incredibly jealous!

Just booked for Hartsop at the end of April. We'll miss the snow this year but get those spring mornings. And lambing!

Ash
12-14-2017, 10:51 AM
Grand stuff. Incredibly jealous!

Just booked for Hartsop at the end of April. We'll miss the snow this year but get those spring mornings. And lambing!

:thumbup: If you've not done it I recommend getting the steamer to Howtown and walking back to Glenridding. Not for nothing did (the other) AW describe it as the most beautiful walk in the Lake District.

Sir C
12-14-2017, 10:55 AM
:thumbup: If you've not done it I recommend getting the steamer to Howtown and walking back to Glenridding. Not for nothing did (the other) AW describe it as the most beautiful walk in the Lake District.

Definitely will :thumbup:

eastgermanautos
12-15-2017, 01:54 PM

Welbeck - why?

In summary, WENGER OUT.

That kicking over from six yards fvcking annoyed me. What are you a child Wilshire? Damn.

As for Iwobi, he's our next Ramsey. Kind of putters around, never overtly impresses.