PDA

View Full Version : Where does Awimb stand on the whole crypto currency revolution? I was quite keen on

Monty92
12-11-2017, 11:37 AM
the idea until I heard one of the original investors in Bitcoin talking recently and I realised that these guys are basically small-state anarchists posing as libertarians. They are a certain strain of young, liberal Sillicon Valley types who instinctively think the state can only ever be a malignant force and are particularly keen to neutralise its ability to bomb brown people whenever they deem it appropriate. And this worries me.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-11-2017, 11:51 AM
the idea until I heard one of the original investors in Bitcoin talking recently and I realised that these guys are basically small-state anarchists posing as libertarians. They are a certain strain of young, liberal Sillicon Valley types who instinctively think the state can only ever be a malignant force and are particularly keen to neutralise the state's ability to bomb brown people whenever they deem it appropriate. And this worries me.

Bitcoin = tulip bulbs. If you are in it cash in now. It will pop soon.

Tony C
12-11-2017, 11:53 AM
Gold will still be king when the dust settles.

This is a good place to start...

https://www.goldmoney.com

Rich
12-11-2017, 12:08 PM
the idea until I heard one of the original investors in Bitcoin talking recently and I realised that these guys are basically small-state anarchists posing as libertarians. They are a certain strain of young, liberal Sillicon Valley types who instinctively think the state can only ever be a malignant force and are particularly keen to neutralise its ability to bomb brown people whenever they deem it appropriate. And this worries me.

I don't really understand how someone can just make up a currency that isn't backed by a central bank somewhere.

Surely the only people using it are criminals?

Burney
12-11-2017, 12:12 PM
I don't really understand how someone can just make up a currency that isn't backed by a central bank somewhere.

Surely the only people using it are criminals?

You realise, of course, that currency wasn't backed by central banks for thousands of years?

Peter
12-11-2017, 01:15 PM
You realise, of course, that currency wasn't backed by central banks for thousands of years?

Gold standard.

Burney
12-11-2017, 01:19 PM
Gold standard.

Quite. A completely arbitrary measure of a currency’s value - just like all the others.