PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm, tricky one, this.

Burney
12-08-2017, 02:31 PM
On the one hand, it does seem a bit off shooting an unarmed chap who’s begging for his life in a hotel corridor.

On the other, it’s a genuinely terrible time to decide to pull your trousers up. :-(

Warning: involves a fellow getting shot

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/939014159726870530

Forward to about 4.00 if you’re impatient

Peter
12-08-2017, 02:41 PM
On the one hand, it does seem a bit off shooting an unarmed chap who’s begging for his life in a hotel corridor.

On the other, it’s a genuinely terrible time to decide to pull your trousers up. :-(

Warning: involves a fellow getting shot

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/939014159726870530

Forward to about 4.00 if you’re impatient

Just give me the gist. Is the shooter a policeman and is the dead guy black?

Burney
12-08-2017, 02:45 PM
Just give me the gist. Is the shooter a policeman and is the dead guy black?

The shootee is white. It’s not gory, if that’s what worries you. You do really need to watch it to get it. I can see both sides, tbh.

Peter
12-08-2017, 02:54 PM
The shootee is white. It’s not gory, if that’s what worries you. You do really need to watch it to get it. I can see both sides, tbh.

I'm sorry, if he isnt black I just dont understand why he has shot him. I watched a bit of it but the first four minutes is indescribably dull. I turned it off at 3.52.

Burney
12-08-2017, 03:00 PM
I'm sorry, if he isnt black I just dont understand why he has shot him. I watched a bit of it but the first four minutes is indescribably dull. I turned it off at 3.52.

It was just about to get good, ffs! :banghead:

The cop just got acquitted of 2nd degree murder, proving that, while the US police are rabidly homicudal, they aren’t racist.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-08-2017, 03:01 PM

reaction and the pointless parts of the dialogue "this is not a ****ing conversation" etc. Unfit for the job.

Of course it would be interesting to know why the policeman was so scared. What was the fat boy was suspected of I wonder?

Peter
12-08-2017, 03:05 PM
It was just about to get good, ffs! :banghead:

The cop just got acquitted of 2nd degree murder, proving that, while the US police are rabidly homicudal, they aren’t racist.

I know...I watched it until he shot him :) :(

Interesting that you take it as proof that they arent racist, as though being rabidly homicidal and racist are mutually exclusive.

The thing is, in most cases the cop is merely very poorly trained and doesnt have the judgement to be given a gun. THey shoot based on the likelihood of the 'perp' trying to shoot them. When the 'perp' in question is black the cop is more likely to believe that they are armed.

Its a kind of racism, certainly, but not Grade 1.

This obviously doesnt include the ones where they shoot them five times in the back when they are merely trying to run away.

Sir C
12-08-2017, 03:05 PM
reaction and the pointless parts of the dialogue "this is not a ****ing conversation" etc. Unfit for the job.

Of course it would be interesting to know why the policeman was so scared. What was the fat boy was suspected of I wonder?

"Is it a gun?
Is it a knife?
Is it a wallet?
This is your life"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQMqWAiWPMs

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-08-2017, 03:09 PM
"Is it a gun?
Is it a knife?
Is it a wallet?
This is your life"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQMqWAiWPMs

Just looked it up. The dopey **** had been pointing a scoped air rifle, indiscernible from a 'real' rifle, out of his hotel room window.

It's not to say he deserved that violent death. He just got unlucky that the cop sent to deal with it was an even bigger ****.

SWv2
12-08-2017, 03:37 PM
Just looked it up. The dopey **** had been pointing a scoped air rifle, indiscernible from a 'real' rifle, out of his hotel room window.

It's not to say he deserved that violent death. He just got unlucky that the cop sent to deal with it was an even bigger ****.

He deserved it.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-08-2017, 03:40 PM
He deserved it.

Presumably all the unarmed civilians shot in Ireland have deserved it too then?

SWv2
12-08-2017, 03:51 PM
Presumably all the unarmed civilians shot in Ireland have deserved it too then?

Where they waving imitation firearms H?

I have sympathy with any plod / soldier who reacts when faced with a gun wielding potential lunatic.

It is innocent people just out for a walk such as those on 30/01/72 that we all feel sympathy for, those who were shot dead for no reason.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-08-2017, 04:43 PM

I have sympathy with any plod / soldier who reacts when faced with a gun wielding potential lunatic.

It is innocent people just out for a walk such as those on 30/01/72 that we all feel sympathy for, those who were shot dead for no reason.

Quite SW, quite - and I was playing Devil's advocate of course.

And no-one in Ireland was ever just out for a walk s. They are always up to some seditious mischief. Tommy doesn't just shoot elderly promenaders for the sake of it. ( they most likely had little republican flags in their lapel buttonholes ).

Peter
12-08-2017, 04:51 PM

Ok. But Cameron apologised for that in 2010. So its all ok now, surely?

Like Hillsborough. :(

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-08-2017, 06:02 PM
Ok. But Cameron apologised for that in 2010. So its all ok now, surely?

Like Hillsborough. :(

Always with the subversive irony you!

Actually p, for a big, poncy lefty leaning lilly livered liberal you do make some rabidly homophobic comments. I bet you keep them to yourself at your big poncy lefty liberal dinner parties eh?