PDA

View Full Version : I see Sir C is being pilloried from all directions for being a food snob. I think it

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-08-2017, 01:00 PM
would be good if he could stop being an aviation snob too. Oh, and while we're at it, he should tone down the music snobbery.

Actually, his inveterate snobbery about the cars the rest of us drive would not be missed either would it?

Sir C
12-08-2017, 01:03 PM
would be good if he could stop being an aviation snob too. Oh, and while we're at it, he should tone down the music snobbery.

Actually, his inveterate snobbery about the cars the rest of us drive would not be missed either would it?

An appreciation of quality isn't the same as snobbery, old boy.

Peter
12-08-2017, 01:06 PM
An appreciation of quality isn't the same as snobbery, old boy.

He didnt say it was. He said you were a snob and you are.

So there!

Sir C
12-08-2017, 01:10 PM
He didnt say it was. He said you were a snob and you are.

So there!

You're going to join in with the name calling, are you peter? You're awfully brave, taking the side of the bully.

Have a look in the mirror and consider what you have done to my mental health.

Burney
12-08-2017, 01:12 PM
You're going to join in with the name calling, are you peter? You're awfully brave, taking the side of the bully.

I’ve just popped in and I’m shocked by the bullying you’re having to endure. Shocked.

You’re the new Nicosia imo.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-08-2017, 01:14 PM
I’ve just popped in and I’m shocked by the bullying you’re having to endure. Shocked.

You're the one who called c a music snob b

Luis Anaconda
12-08-2017, 01:14 PM

You only think that because you are an oik and Sir C is a gentleman

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-08-2017, 01:17 PM

I don't deny the fellow is a gentlemen L. Did I mention his holiday destination snobbery?

Sir C
12-08-2017, 01:18 PM

Don't, la! Don't put yourself in the firing line by trying to protect me. They're vicious and have strength in numbers.

Peter

Dont be such a raging ****ing queer.

Sir C

Can a chap get a safe space round here?

Peter
12-08-2017, 01:19 PM
Don't, la! Don't put yourself in the firing line by trying to protect me. They're vicious and have strength in numbers.

I make it 3 against 2 in your favour....you always have to play the victim, dont you

Viva Prat Vegas
12-08-2017, 01:21 PM
I am a floating voter because I like both WES AND Sir C

Sir C
12-08-2017, 01:21 PM
Dont be such a raging ****ing queer.

The abuse just keeps raining down.

You're playing games with someone's life here.

Burney
12-08-2017, 01:23 PM
You're the one who called c a music snob b

He’s actually a vehement opponent of snobbery, h. Always having a pop at my literary snobbery, he is.

Like most of us, he’s only a ‘snob’ when it comes to things he actually knows or cares about and not so much about things that are more peripheral to him.

Burney
12-08-2017, 01:24 PM

Did you have the Mongoloid Lamb at Xian?

Sir C
12-08-2017, 01:27 PM
Did you have the Mongoloid Lamb at Xian?

I had a try of someone else's. Rather good.

Their ribs were top notch; the rest simply passable.

One Tsing Tao and one glass of red wine. :cloud9:

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-08-2017, 01:27 PM
He’s actually a vehement opponent of snobbery, h. Always having a pop at my literary snobbery, he is.

Like most of us, he’s only a ‘snob’ when it comes to things he actually knows or cares about and not so much about things that are more peripheral to him.

Oh I see. We can add duplicity to his disagreeable traits then?

Peter
12-08-2017, 01:28 PM

You need to toughen up, man.

Sir C
12-08-2017, 01:28 PM
You need to toughen up, man.

Will you say that when I'm killing myself live on facebook?

Peter
12-08-2017, 01:29 PM

He says things about the Stones. Really bad things.

It isnt acceptable, b.

Peter
12-08-2017, 01:29 PM

I doubt it. I am not on Facebook. I will definitely say it afterwards when I find out :)

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-08-2017, 01:30 PM

One glass of red wine indeed

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CV-U9WHWcAA3lFY.jpg

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-08-2017, 01:31 PM

I don't suppose I can have your Gibson?

Viva Prat Vegas
I think Herbert has a fetish for Sir C

Burney

May I ask what led you to dine in Orpington? Not your usual MO imo.

Viva Prat Vegas
12-08-2017, 01:32 PM
Burney "May I ask what led you to dine in Orpington?"

Someone else was paying

Burney
12-08-2017, 01:32 PM
He says things about the Stones. Really bad things.

It isnt acceptable, b.

I can see his point about them, but he can be intemperate in his utterances. It’s his Irish blood.

Sir C
12-08-2017, 01:33 PM
May I ask what led you to dine in Orpington? Not your usual MO imo.

Merely a catch up with rtp.

He has an enlarged prostate and they're going to poke a camera up his winkie. :-(

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-08-2017, 01:33 PM
I think Herbert has a fetish for Sir C

No dear boy, a fetish is a sexual proclivity; such as your mother has for my cock.

Burney
12-08-2017, 01:35 PM
Merely a catch up with rtp.

He has an enlarged prostate and they're going to poke a camera up his winkie. :-(

Oh, I say! That seems rather unsporting. :-( Isn’t the bum the more usual route for these things?

Viva Prat Vegas
12-08-2017, 01:35 PM
...and he always seems to get involved in contretemps with his fellow man when drink has been taken
Must be Irish

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-08-2017, 01:36 PM
Quite. Let us not forget how parsimonious the old snob is.

Burney
12-08-2017, 01:37 PM
No dear boy, a fetish is a sexual proclivity; such as your mother has for my cock.

Actually, a fetish is an inanimate object of veneration.

Sir C
12-08-2017, 01:37 PM
Oh, I say! That seems rather unsporting. :-( Isn’t the bum the more usual route for these things?

There was some talk of the bladder, but by that time I'd mentally plugged my fingers into my ears.

Burney
12-08-2017, 01:39 PM
There was some talk of the bladder, but by that time I'd mentally plugged my fingers into my ears.

Ewww. Poor chap. Is he still banned from driving by the forces of oppression?

Now, I have a choice in my local between the rather good steak and kidney pudding and the rather good sausages and mash. What say you?

Viva Prat Vegas
12-08-2017, 01:41 PM
Herbert Augustus Chapman "No dear boy, a fetish is a sexual proclivity; such as my mother has for my cock."

Try the Irrational reverence or irreverent worshipping of an inanimate object route
:thumbup:

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-08-2017, 01:44 PM

Oh dear b. Literary snobs like yourself so loathe being bested over word meaning, especially by an oik like me, that I am bracing myself for the full fury of your venom.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/*******s

Nothing to see here :-D

Luis Anaconda
12-08-2017, 01:48 PM

Unlike Herb's cock which is now an inanimate object of no penetration

Burney
12-08-2017, 01:49 PM
Oh dear b. Literary snobs like yourself so loathe being bested over word meaning, especially by an oik like me, that I am bracing myself for the full fury of your venom.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/proclivity

I’m speaking of its original meaning, you uneducated prole. Just because the first time you encountered the word was while you stroked your engorged button mushroom of a member over a story in Forum, that doesn’t make that the definitive meaning.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-08-2017, 01:51 PM
I’m speaking of its original meaning, you uneducated prole. Just because the first time you encountered the word was while you stroked your engorged button mushroom of a member over a story in Forum, that doesn’t make that the definitive meaning.

I was looking up the wrong word b. My most humble and grovelling apology

Burney
12-08-2017, 01:53 PM
I was looking up the wrong word b. My most humble and grovelling apology

Oh. Ermmm...that’s OK.

Sorry, but I find it very disconcerting when you don’t fight back. Takes all the fun out of it. :-(

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-08-2017, 01:55 PM
Herbert Augustus Chapman "No dear boy, a fetish is a sexual proclivity; such as my mother has for my cock."

Try the Irrational reverence or irreverent worshipping of an inanimate object route
:thumbup:

Well unless Sir Charlie has become a lifeless statue of some sort, I would hardly have a fetish for him would I you fúcking quarter wit.

Ash
12-08-2017, 02:03 PM

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/*******s

Nothing to see here :-D

Indeed. Nothing to see. https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/'s-

Viva Prat Vegas
12-08-2017, 02:05 PM
Herbert Augustus Chapman "Well unless Sir Charlie has become a lifeless statue of some sort, I would hardly have a fetish for him would I you fúcking quarter wit."

Whoooooshhhhhhhhhh

That is the "or" option Herbert
ORRRRRRR
Comprendez vous

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-08-2017, 02:09 PM
. . . . . . . . . . .

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-08-2017, 02:11 PM
Oh. Ermmm...that’s OK.

Sorry, but I find it very disconcerting when you don’t fight back. Takes all the fun out of it. :-(

The problem with lexical semantics b is that the mob rules and it is very frustrating when a particular word you are fond becomes a popular misnomer and, with language being an organic entity, that word then changes its meaning.

I detest how everyone uses sanguine to mean confident in a cool and calm manner simply because its meaning has become conflated with sang-froid. Sanguine, as you will know, is loud and enthusiastic optimism to the point of stupidity.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-08-2017, 02:14 PM
Unlike Herb's cock which is now an inanimate object of no penetration

Or your liver which is now an almost inanimate object of no discernible function.

Burney
12-08-2017, 02:28 PM
The problem with lexical semantics b is that the mob rules and it is very frustrating when a particular word you are fond becomes a popular misnomer and, with language being an organic entity, that word then changes its meaning.

I detest how everyone uses sanguine to mean confident in a cool and calm manner simply because its meaning has become conflated with sang-froid. Sanguine, as you will know, is loud and enthusiastic optimism to the point of stupidity.

Dear old Willie Butler Yeats has a poem about this sort of thing, h:

‘I made my song a coat,
Covered with embroideries,
Out of old mythologies.
From heel to throat.
But the fools caught it.
Wore it in the world’s eyes as though they’d wrought it.
Fools, let them take it.
For there’s more enterprise in walking naked.’

Apologies if I’ve misquoted.

SWv2
12-08-2017, 03:38 PM
Dear old Willie Butler Yeats has a poem about this sort of thing, h:

‘I made my song a coat,
Covered with embroideries,
Out of old mythologies.
From heel to throat.
But the fools caught it.
Wore it in the world’s eyes as though they’d wrought it.
Fools, let them take it.
For there’s more enterprise in walking naked.’

Apologies if I’ve misquoted.

Doesn't even rhyme. William Butler Shít****.