PDA

View Full Version : Game just start to turn...

Tony C
12-04-2017, 10:30 AM
:o. ..........

PSRB
12-04-2017, 10:31 AM

We'll still be all out for sub 200, match lost

Tony C
12-04-2017, 10:32 AM
Smith lucky ��

Burney
12-04-2017, 10:33 AM

Yup. Just the 250-odd runs behind with them having 7 wickets in hand and the world's most in-form batsman at the crease.

SWv2
12-04-2017, 10:38 AM
Yup. Just the 250-odd runs behind with them having 7 wickets in hand and the world's most in-form batsman at the crease.

Riddle me this B, why did the Aussie not enforce the follow on?

Look to have the filthy Brit out by mid-afternoon tomorrow then just smack the ball all around the Gabba\Oval\wherever it is.

Burney
12-04-2017, 10:41 AM
Riddle me this B, why did the Aussie not enforce the follow on?

Look to have the filthy Brit out by mid-afternoon tomorrow then just smack the ball all around the Gabba\Oval\wherever it is.

Captains do it to give their bowlers a rest rather than risk them potentially having to bowl solidly for 2-3 days (not that that would be likely in our case). Captains have become less keen to enforce follow-ons in recent years - it's become unfashionable.

Personally, I'm a great believer in (almost) always enforcing the follow-on for psychological reasons if nothing else.

SWv2
12-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Captains do it to give their bowlers a rest rather than risk them potentially having to bowl solidly for 2-3 days (not that that would be likely in our case). Captains have become less keen to enforce follow-ons in recent years - it's become unfashionable.

Personally, I'm a great believer in (almost) always enforcing the follow-on for psychological reasons if nothing else.

I can understand this viewpoint but then 2-3 early wickets and you would expect your boys to metaphorically sh*t their white pants.

Tony C
12-04-2017, 10:47 AM
Another Smith review....

Tony C
12-04-2017, 10:48 AM
Goooooooooooooooone

Tony C
12-04-2017, 10:49 AM
Lyon on...proper night watchman

Burney
12-04-2017, 10:53 AM
I can understand this viewpoint but then 2-3 early wickets and you would expect your boys to metaphorically sh*t their white pants.

Exactly. Also, only three sides in test history have ever enforced the follow on and lost. Amusingly, they've all been Australian. :hehe:

Burney
12-04-2017, 10:54 AM
Lyon on...proper night watchman

This is just annoying now. Suddenly we find a spark with the ball and it's too little, too late.

PSRB
12-04-2017, 11:00 AM
This is just annoying now. Suddenly we find a spark with the ball and it's too little, too late.

Plus we don't have enough pace in the side to win at the WACA

Burney
12-04-2017, 11:04 AM
Plus we don't have enough pace in the side to win at the WACA

I'm not really sure why there's any debate whether we should play Wood, tbh. To my mind, he's the only one of our bowlers who can get near 90mph and should therefore walk into the side.

Peter
12-04-2017, 11:35 AM

Even worse, throw in a little bit of seam movement and swing and the world's best batsmen looks like a village cricketer with a hangover. One of those deliveries did relatively little but turned him almost 180 degrees with his bat facing leg slip and his back leg ahead of his front.

Its actually ****ing depressing.

Peter
12-04-2017, 11:36 AM
I'm not really sure why there's any debate whether we should play Wood, tbh. To my mind, he's the only one of our bowlers who can get near 90mph and should therefore walk into the side.

If he is fit he probably gets in.

Burney
12-04-2017, 11:44 AM
Even worse, throw in a little bit of seam movement and swing and the world's best batsmen looks like a village cricketer with a hangover. One of those deliveries did relatively little but turned him almost 180 degrees with his bat facing leg slip and his back leg ahead of his front.

Its actually ****ing depressing.

Well there's no way it can't, really. Given the way he shapes up. it's pretty much physically impossible for him to play any effective strokes if the ball deviates at pace. For me, there's something wrong with world cricket when a cünt like that is able to accumulate that many runs. It tells you that - outside England at least - it has become a batsman's game to a ludicrous degree.

PSRB
12-04-2017, 12:37 PM
Well there's no way it can't, really. Given the way he shapes up. it's pretty much physically impossible for him to play any effective strokes if the ball deviates at pace. For me, there's something wrong with world cricket when a cünt like that is able to accumulate that many runs. It tells you that - outside England at least - it has become a batsman's game to a ludicrous degree.

Unless you happen to be an English batsman abroad......

Burney
12-04-2017, 01:19 PM
Unless you happen to be an English batsman abroad......

Well that’s just down to them being a bit shīt.