TromboneShorty & Orleans Avenue
JessieWare
Soul2Soul
BethDitto
The Beat
George McCrae
José Feliciano
RubyTurner

I don't mean to be a NYE Grinch or whatever, but thon wee ginger **** Sheeran can fúck off whenever he is ready.

Gets right on my tits he does.

Pat Vegas
12-01-2017, 12:36 PM
EdSheeran
MavisStaples
JessieWare
Soul2Soul
BethDitto
The Beat
George McCrae
José Feliciano
RubyTurner

If I end up watching this it means my New Years eve didn't go as planned :-(

I can't stand it watching people like Vic Reeves getting drunk and pretending it's new years eve it's all a bit strange.

Sir C
12-01-2017, 12:39 PM
EdSheeran
MavisStaples
JessieWare
Soul2Soul
BethDitto
The Beat
George McCrae
José Feliciano
RubyTurner

What about thon woollyface bloke? You know, all in one hat and balaclava. Black fella, voice of an angel?

Luis Anaconda
12-01-2017, 12:41 PM
What about thon woollyface bloke? You know, all in one hat and balaclava. Black fella, voice of an angel?

Big Anthony?

TheCurly
12-01-2017, 12:41 PM

Gregory Porter? He da man sc

TheCurly
12-01-2017, 12:42 PM
I don't mean to be a NYE Grinch or whatever, but thon wee ginger **** Sheeran can fúck off whenever he is ready.

Gets right on my tits he does.

I don't mind him tbh.Way over-rated of course but who isn't these days?

TheCurly
12-01-2017, 12:45 PM

Speaking on which,I loved his take on Nat King Cole's Mona Lisa.
First I've heard that comes close to the original

SWv2
12-01-2017, 12:46 PM
I don't mind him tbh.Way over-rated of course but who isn't these days?

Mesut Ozil.

TheCurly
12-01-2017, 12:47 PM
Mesut Ozil.

8 ball in the corner pocket there fella

SWv2
12-01-2017, 12:47 PM

He has a programme on the BBC4 tonight.

"rammy award-winning soul and jazz star Gregory Porter presents a 100-year celebration of the mystery, joy and pain that lies behind some of the greatest voices in modern music."

I have it on Sky+ no less!

TheCurly
12-01-2017, 12:49 PM

"rammy award-winning soul and jazz star Gregory Porter presents a 100-year celebration of the mystery, joy and pain that lies behind some of the greatest voices in modern music."

Ooh nice one.Must slip a tape into the old VHS

Sir C
12-01-2017, 12:51 PM

I saw the first episode. It was a bit disappointing.

Luis Anaconda
12-01-2017, 12:52 PM
Speaking on which,I loved his take on Nat King Cole's Mona Lisa.
First I've heard that comes close to the original
Just watched this - it is rather beautiful
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjdk09ZSStw

TheCurly
12-01-2017, 12:53 PM

Great stuff
I do know a Nat King Cole joke you know

Luis Anaconda
12-01-2017, 12:55 PM
Great stuff
I do know a Nat King Cole joke you know

Jamaica? :sherlock:

TheCurly
12-01-2017, 12:57 PM
Jamaica? :sherlock:

2 old ladies are walking past a record shop in Belfast city centre.As they pass Mona Lisa can be heard coming from the speakers inside.
One says to the other "hear that? That's Nat King Cole and the other one says
"well,who is it then?"

I'm here all week

Luis Anaconda
12-01-2017, 12:59 PM
2 old ladies are walking past a record shop in Belfast city centre.As they pass Mona Lisa can be heard coming from the speakers inside.
"well,who is it then?"

I'm here all week

Thank **** it's Friday

Sir C
12-01-2017, 01:00 PM

The trouble is, listening to it reminds one that there will never be another Nat. No voice comes close.

There’s another video of Gregory and Rag n Bone man (eh?) doing Bring It On Home which similarly just serves to make one yearn for Sam

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-01-2017, 01:01 PM
EdSheeran
MavisStaples
JessieWare
Soul2Soul
BethDitto
The Beat
George McCrae
José Feliciano
RubyTurner

these big old 70's wildebeestes is they always think they are the headline and insist on doing three songs - the one hit and two other pieces of shít you don't wanna hear. He must be at least 90 now.

As for The Beat which one? There is a version that doesn't include Dave Wakelin who actually was The Beat

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-01-2017, 01:08 PM
The trouble is, listening to it reminds one that there will never be another Nat. No voice comes close.

There’s another video of Gregory and Rag n Bone man (eh?) doing Bring It On Home which similarly just serves to make one yearn for Sam

You really are the most unconscionable old snob when it comes to music. Berni! - he's at it again!

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-01-2017, 01:10 PM

You appear to have inadvertently linked to some fat old pub singer who has forgotten to remove his workwear.

IUFG
12-01-2017, 01:11 PM
EdSheeran

stopped there, innit

Pokster
12-01-2017, 01:12 PM
You really are the most unconscionable old snob when it comes to music. Berni! - he's at it again!

Didn't mention flying though did he

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-01-2017, 01:18 PM
Oh he will soon enough Pok "I remember when I auditioned for The Red Arrows, I was to perform my double negative, wing-dip flip-trip and as I was preparing Old King Coal came on the radio singing Those Magnificent Men ...bla blah blah"

Sir C
12-01-2017, 01:27 PM
Oh he will soon enough Pok "I remember when I auditioned for The Red Arrows, I was to perform my double negative, wing-dip flip-trip and as I was preparing Old King Coal came on the radio singing Those Magnificent Men ...bla blah blah"

:hehe: The Red Arrows don't push neggy, h. They'd shít their flying suits if they felt some proper g.

Pokster
12-01-2017, 01:31 PM
:hehe: The Red Arrows don't push neggy, h. They'd shít their flying suits if they felt some proper g.

:watson: Got turned down then did you

joke, I know you didn't, they wouldn't let you in due to being a foreigner :-D

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-01-2017, 01:31 PM

I must say c all that formation shít looks a bit gay ... it's like "I'm only doing it if all my mates do it" ...ya kn'atta mean?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-01-2017, 01:32 PM

You can see Sir C pitching up in his little Chipmunk saying "go on - gizza go - I can do that"

Sir C
12-01-2017, 01:34 PM
I must say c all that formation **** looks a bit gay ... it's like "I'm only doing it if all my mates do it" ...ya kn'atta mean?

It's not real aerobatics, for a start; and what the Red Arrows do isn't even real formation flying - there's fúcking acres of sky between them but they present very cleverly to the crowd line to make it appear that they're close. They strut around at airshows like they're Jack the fúcking Biscuit until confronted by real pilots, when they go a bit quiet.

They do, however, get the pick of the ladies.

Pokster
12-01-2017, 01:34 PM
You can see Sir C pitching up in his little Chipmunk saying "go on - gizza go - I can do that"

Funny thing to call berni imo

Sir C
12-01-2017, 01:36 PM

I often wonder what would have happened if a career's officer at school hadn't told me to make another plan because there would be no pilots by the time I grew up because aeroplanes would fly themselves. I suppose I'd have done 25 years in the RAF and retired at 45 on a full pension :-(

Pokster
12-01-2017, 01:39 PM
That is what my parents did... but the RAF were a disgrace after my Dad died .... they can **** right off imo

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-01-2017, 01:46 PM
I often wonder what would have happened if a career's officer at school hadn't told me to make another plan because there would be no pilots by the time I grew up because aeroplanes would fly themselves. I suppose I'd have done 25 years in the RAF and retired at 45 on a full pension :-(

Well if you had been able to make a seat on fighters you most likely wouldn't be here. An absolutely preposterously slim survival rate.

I found the message board for the blokes who'd flown around pre-unification Germany and The Falklands. They really are just the same fellas that fought the glorious Battle of Britain. I bet Spits give you a chubby eh c?

Sir C
12-01-2017, 01:50 PM
Well if you had been able to make a seat on fighters you most likely wouldn't be here. An absolutely preposterously slim survival rate.

I found the message board for the blokes who'd flown around pre-unification Germany and The Falklands. They really are just the same fellas that fought the glorious Battle of Britain. I bet Spits give you a chubby eh c?

I'd have been more likely to spend a career flying and insytructing on Hercs and VC10s, I reckon.

I knew several lads who flew in the Falklands. Mad fúckers, in the main.

Sir C
12-01-2017, 01:52 PM
That is what my parents did... but the RAF were a disgrace after my Dad died .... they can **** right off imo

Yes, but they were losing lots of people in 1940 so you can understand why they were a bit offhand.

(He didn't die in service, did he?)

SWv2
12-01-2017, 01:55 PM
"well,who is it then?"

I'm here all week

Needs your accent :hehe:

TheCurly
12-01-2017, 01:58 PM
Needs your accent :hehe:

thank you sw
it is a tremendous joke

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-01-2017, 02:04 PM
I'd have been more likely to spend a career flying and insytructing on Hercs and VC10s, I reckon.

I knew several lads who flew in the Falklands. Mad fúckers, in the main.

Did you actually fly passenger jets c?

Pokster
12-01-2017, 02:07 PM
Yes, but they were losing lots of people in 1940 so you can understand why they were a bit offhand.

(He didn't die in service, did he?)

No, turned there back on my mum when she needed help....coonts

Sir C
12-01-2017, 02:11 PM
Did you actually fly passenger jets c?

Not professionally, h. Although there was a rather amusing incident involving a junior first officer and an A320 from Gatwick to Paphos which could have resulted in prison time for several of those involved :hehe:

I've displayed military jets, if that helps?

Sir C
12-01-2017, 02:12 PM
No, turned there back on my mum when she needed help....coonts

:-( Civil servants, innit.

SWv2
12-01-2017, 02:13 PM
Not professionally, h. Although there was a rather amusing incident involving a junior first officer and an A320 from Gatwick to Paphos which could have resulted in prison time for several of those involved :hehe:

I've displayed military jets, if that helps?

On a shelf at home?

I display a few scooters on top of the CD stand.

Ash
12-01-2017, 02:25 PM

Yugoslavia! :cloud9:

Sir C
12-01-2017, 02:28 PM
Yugoslavia! :cloud9:

:nod: Stolen by some Serbian air force pilots at the end of the war :hehe:

Ash
12-01-2017, 02:35 PM
:nod: Stolen by some Serbian air force pilots at the end of the war :hehe:

How easy is it, btw, for a bloke who has mainly trained on a simulator, to fly a passenger airliner into a building at ground level without touching the grass?

Asking for a friend.

Sir C
12-01-2017, 02:37 PM
How easy is it, btw, for a bloke who has mainly trained on a simulator, to fly a passenger airliner into a building at ground level without touching the grass?

Asking for a friend.

:hehe:

Flying a 3 axis simulator is exactly the same as flying the aircraft. If you've done it in the sim you can do it in the aeroplane.

Ash
12-01-2017, 02:41 PM
:hehe:

Flying a 3 axis simulator is exactly the same as flying the aircraft. If you've done it in the sim you can do it in the aeroplane.

Can't be exactly the same, surely? It isn't real, for a start. You're not going to die if something goes wrong, or right in this case.

Could you do it?

Sir C
12-01-2017, 02:46 PM
Can't be exactly the same, surely? It isn't real, for a start. You're not going to die if something goes wrong, or right in this case.

Could you do it?

I've done some sim training myself and I've sat in on lots of training and testing and what is immediately noticeable is that after 10 minutes everyone completely forgets that it isn't real. It's so incredibly immersive that you have absolutely no feeling of it being make believe at all.

Flying an aeroplane, under power, into something and hitting it accurately would be more a question of holding your nerve than skill. An airliner has lots and lots of thrust and lots and lots of momentum; it will go exactly where you point it, and if you're not concerned about niceties like maintaining a correct speed and rate of descent, or keeping the ride comfortable for your passengers, or overstressing the airframe, you could learn pretty quickly to aim the nose at your target and keep it there.

Viva Prat Vegas
12-01-2017, 02:48 PM
Have you done the training exercise where you end up upside down in a swimming pool strapped into a pretend cockpit ?

Sir C
12-01-2017, 02:51 PM
Have you done the training exercise where you end up upside down in a swimming pool strapped into a pretend cockpit ?

They don't really do that. You get chucked into a swimming pool wearing a life jacket and have to climb into a liferaft, that's about it.

By the time the flight deck is upside down and in water you're fúcked anyway.

Pokster
12-01-2017, 02:52 PM

I think v did that to him to get the life insurance

Viva Prat Vegas
12-01-2017, 02:53 PM
I will be alright then
Practiced removing and inflating pyjama bottoms in the pool at school

Viva Prat Vegas
12-01-2017, 02:54 PM
Pokster : I think v did that to him to get the life insurance

:-D

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-01-2017, 04:18 PM
Oh don't worry old boy, that takes the biscuit enough for me. Gunning around the skies in a nimble jet is firmly up there in the constellation of boyhood fantasies and must have been a very visceral thrill. I get only a hint of it when I push my bike up to criminally illegal speeds.

I don't wanna know about the high jinx on the A320 - I'm scared enough of flying as it is.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-01-2017, 04:34 PM
you could learn pretty quickly to aim the nose at your target and keep it there.

Flying your jet into an extremely tall building, if you intend to hit it anywhere from about half way up to the top, is just a question of locking the nose onto the building from about 5 miles and staying there, true?

But what of actually picking your floor, as per of one the many conspiracy nutjob scenarios. Given the carcass of the building gives no visual clue to the floors within, that would be tricky? Or could their altometetrs have picked a floor for them?

Sir C
12-01-2017, 04:38 PM
Flying your jet into an extremely tall building, if you intend to hit it anywhere from about half way up to the top, is just a question of locking the nose onto the building from about 5 miles and staying there, true?

But what of actually picking your floor, as per of one the many conspiracy nutjob scenarios. Given the carcass of the building gives no visual clue to the floors within, that would be tricky? Or could their altometetrs have picked a floor for them?

The altimeter is nowhere near accurate enough to choose a specific floor, no. I suppose you could use the radar altimeter but flying over a city that's going to be up and down like a bride's nightie.

In short, you're only going to hit a target you can see and point at.

TheCurly
12-01-2017, 04:41 PM
The altimeter is nowhere near accurate enough to choose a specific floor, no. I suppose you could use the radar altimeter but flying over a city that's going to be up and down like a bride's nightie.

Of course,all in the assumption it did actually happen :cgi:

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-01-2017, 04:44 PM

Thank fúck for that. I've been using that particular observation to blow conspiracists out of the water when they spin up the 'bombs already placed at the exact floor of aircraft's impact' nonsense. I suddenly realised the if the altimeters were clinically accurate then my counterpoint was flawed.

TheCurly
12-01-2017, 04:48 PM
Thank fúck for that. I've been using that particular observation to blow conspiracists out of the water when they spin up the 'bombs already placed at the exact floor of aircraft's impact' nonsense. I suddenly realised the if the altimeters were clinically accurate then my counterpoint was flawed.

It didn't happen H
Hollywood at it's finest imo

Sir C
12-01-2017, 04:52 PM
Of course,all in the assumption it did actually happen :cgi:

That's right, :cgi: Also :brainwashingeveryonewhowatchedithappen:

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-01-2017, 04:56 PM
That's right, :cgi: Also :brainwashingeveryonewhowatchedithappen:

Come now c. The New York Fire Department, New York's Bravest as they like to be known, should change their nom-de-guerre to New York's Most Corruptible. Bigger thieves even than their British counterparts. They would've gone along with whole charade for a case of Bud.

Ash
12-01-2017, 05:44 PM
Come now c. The New York Fire Department, New York's Bravest as they like to be known, should change their nom-de-guerre to New York's Most Corruptible. Bigger thieves even than their British counterparts. They would've gone along with whole charade for a case of Bud.

You are Kelvin Mackenzie and I claim my five pounds.