PDA

View Full Version : Good morning Awimb. I need a device where I can plug the washing machine

Pat Vegas
11-29-2017, 09:00 AM
and dishwasher into the same water supply under my sink.

Does it exist? what would it be called.

I have the hot tap unused but I don't wish to attach the dishwasher to it.

PSRB
11-29-2017, 09:09 AM

A plumber :thumbup:

Pat Vegas
11-29-2017, 09:12 AM
A plumber :thumbup:

I am not wasting money on those.
I'd rather call them later once it starts leaking after I attempt it.

I fixed the scratch on my car and saved myself money.

Sir C
11-29-2017, 09:13 AM
I am not wasting money on those.
I'd rather call them later once it starts leaking after I attempt it.

I fixed the scratch on my car and saved myself money.

Get herb round, he's cheap.

Well I assume he is, judging by his mum's price list.

Burney
11-29-2017, 09:28 AM

What do you mean 'a device'? You simply plumb them in using those self-cutting valve chappies. Couldn't be easier*.

*Based on one successful experience plumbing in a dishwasher.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-29-2017, 09:30 AM

pay three times as much when it goes wrong, then you want one of these,

Selt tapping valve (https://www.screwfix.com/p/self-cutting-tap-15mm-x-/21250?tc=AB5&ds_rl=1249481&ds_rl=1245250&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5t2E2brj1wIVMjPTCh2eyAexEAQYASAB EgIzGfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CO3339y649cCFUvcGwoduxgMCQ)

You need to make sure you have a section of pipe - 15mm copper - under the sink with good clearance around it. If the pipe is pressed up tight to the wall this device wont work.

Just get a plumber in Fash. I have seen so many wretches cowering under the withering stare of their irate wives, babbling "Thought I'd have a go myself.Thought it wouldn't be too difficult."

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-29-2017, 09:31 AM
What do you mean 'a device'? You simply plumb them in using those self-cutting valve chappies. Couldn't be easier*.

*Based on one successful experience plumbing in a dishwasher.

YOU!! - what, on your own without a proper man like myself guiding you! - I don't believe it b. You wouldn't have the physical strength to get the thing out of its box.

Burney
11-29-2017, 09:32 AM
pay three times as much when it goes wrong, then you want one of these,

Selt tapping valve (https://www.screwfix.com/p/self-cutting-tap-15mm-x-/21250?tc=AB5&ds_rl=1249481&ds_rl=1245250&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5t2E2brj1wIVMjPTCh2eyAexEAQYASAB EgIzGfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CO3339y649cCFUvcGwoduxgMCQ)

You need to make sure you have a section of pipe - 15mm copper - under the sink with good clearance around it. If the pipe is pressed up tight to the wall this device wont work.

Just get a plumber in Fash. I have seen so many wretches cowering under the withering stare of their irate wives, babbling "Thought I'd have a go myself.Thought it wouldn't be too difficult."

:shrug: The valve I plumbed in is still working successfully 14 years later - albeit in a house in which I no longer live.

Burney
11-29-2017, 09:34 AM
YOU!! - what, on your own without a proper man like myself guiding you! - I don't believe it b. You wouldn't have the physical strength to get the thing out of its box.

You'd be amazed at the lengths I'll go to to keep the working classes out of my house, h.

Some of them even ask to use the lavatory, you know :-(

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-29-2017, 09:38 AM
You'd be amazed at the lengths I'll go to to keep the working classes out of my house, h.

We have to enter your privvies in order to unblock them b. A jobby will not extricate itself from the u-bend.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-29-2017, 09:40 AM
The self tappers are excellent but if it goes wrong you have pierced your pipe and water is pissing everywhere. Many people have no idea where their stopcock even is turn it all off.

Burney
11-29-2017, 09:41 AM
We have to enter your privvies in order to unblock them b. A jobby will not extricate itself from the u-bend.

Yes, but I die a little inside whenever a tradesman asks if he can use my lavatory. I know that the working classes - being little better than chimps - can't be trusted to behave hygienically when performing their bodily functions and half expect to go in there afterwards to find excrement smeared all over the walls.

Burney
11-29-2017, 09:48 AM
The self tappers are excellent but if it goes wrong you have pierced your pipe and water is pissing everywhere. Many people have no idea where their stopcock even is turn it all off.

Yes, but in the more likely event that one is successful, one glows with pride in the knowledge of having denied some unwashed homunculus a vastly inflated fee which he would doubtless have used to buy Turkey Twizzlers for his whey-faced children or to take his ragged slattern of a wife out to dinner at Frankie & Benny's (or somewhere equally ghastly) prior to mounting her.

Pat Vegas
11-29-2017, 09:56 AM
thanks for this info. Very helpful.

Monty92
11-29-2017, 10:03 AM

My neighbour, who I've had an extremely stand-offish relationship with since we moved here, came to our door the other morning clutching his stomach and asking if he could use our loo as their flusher had broken :-(

What was interesting was how the tension that had clouded our relationship seemed to wash away in an instant as I became overwhelmed with empathy for the man.

Shítting really is a great leveller, isn't it.

Burney
11-29-2017, 10:04 AM
My neighbour, who I've had an extremely stand-offish relationship with since we moved here, came to our door the other morning clutching his stomach and asking if he could use our loo as their flusher had broken :-(

What was interesting was how the tension that had clouded our relationship seemed to wash away in an instant as I became overwhelmed with empathy for the man.

You see, I'd have hated that. I'd have had to say yes out of conditioned politeness, but I'd never have been able to forgive him.

Did it smell?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-29-2017, 10:04 AM
Yes, but in the more likely event that one is successful, one glows with pride in the knowledge of having denied some unwashed homunculus a vastly inflated fee which he would doubtless have used to buy Turkey Twizzlers for his whey-faced children or to take his ragged slattern of a wife out to dinner at Frankie & Benny's (or somewhere equally ghastly) prior to mounting her.

Ans stickin' up her arse no doubt!

Sir C
11-29-2017, 10:06 AM

So this man, we assume suffering the indignity of diorrhea, broke his toilet and then knocked on your door and asked to use yours?

I'd have **** in my sink before losing my self-respect in such a manner.

Anyway, if his flush had broken why didn't he just use buckets of water to flush?

Burney
11-29-2017, 10:08 AM
So this man, we assume suffering the indignity of diorrhea, broke his toilet and then knocked on your door and asked to use yours?

I'd have **** in my sink before losing my self-respect in such a manner.

Anyway, if his flush had broken why didn't he just use buckets of water to flush?

I must admit, so would I. And a good point about the buckets.

The thing I really don't like is the implied moral blackmail of him clutching his stomach. He's basically saying 'Either you say yes or I shït myself right here'.

Monty92
11-29-2017, 10:10 AM
You see, I'd have hated that. I'd have had to say yes out of conditioned politeness, but I'd never have been able to forgive him.

Did it smell?

Oh I was not happy, but it did serve to end the frostiness between us. We even chatted about the footy the other day.

To my great relief and surprise, there was absolutely no stench, despite him having an appearance that would give you every reason to believe his shíts absolutely honk.

Burney
11-29-2017, 10:13 AM
Oh I was not happy, but it did serve to end the frostiness between us. We even chatted about the footy the other day.

To my great relief and surprise, there was absolutely no stench, despite him having an appearance that would give you every reason to believe his shíts absolutely honk.

I suppose you do now have a moral advantage over him forevermore, but that's the only upside I can see from the whole ghastly business.

Monty92
11-29-2017, 10:17 AM
I suppose you do now have a moral advantage over him forevermore, but that's the only upside I can see from the whole ghastly business.

Did I ever mention the time a girl messaged me on an online dating site telling me that we knew each other as children (our parents were mutual friends) and whether I'd like to meet up, and all I could remember about her was that she'd once taken a shít in my paddling pool in our family garden?

Burney
11-29-2017, 10:18 AM
Did I ever mention the time a girl messaged me on an online dating site telling me that we knew each other as children (our parents were mutual friends) and whether I'd like to meet up, and all I could remember about her was that she'd once taken a shít in my paddling pool in our family garden?

:hehe: No, no I don't think you have.

Was she fit?

Monty92
11-29-2017, 10:25 AM
:hehe: No, no I don't think you have.

Was she fit?

Quite pretty, but fat. You know the type.

I actually went to her dad's funeral about a year ago. We exchanged some warm words but spoke neither of the online dating nor the shítting in a paddling pool, which I felt was a shame as either topic could have lightened the frankly depressing mood around the place.

Burney
11-29-2017, 10:29 AM
Quite pretty, but fat. You know the type.

I actually went to her dad's funeral about a year ago. We exchanged some warm words but spoke neither of the online dating nor the shítting in a paddling pool, which I felt was a shame as either topic could have lightened the frankly depressing mood around the place.

You should have said something to the effect of 'You can **** in my paddling pool anytime' by way of a joke.

Mind you, she may have forgotten the incident and then you'd just come across as weird.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-29-2017, 10:36 AM
I must admit, so would I. And a good point about the buckets.

The thing I really don't like is the implied moral blackmail of him clutching his stomach. He's basically saying 'Either you say yes or I shït myself right here'.

This whole sordid tale is classic Monty in that it bears little scrutiny before suspicions of its veracity arise.

Far more likely the fellow simply knocked at the door to borrow a cup of sugar before Monty insisted he come in for a coffee. When the fellow asked if he could use the facilities, his stomach afflicted by the foul cheap coffee, Monty made use of his recently crafted spying orifice behind the toilet seat.

Ash
11-29-2017, 01:45 PM

Even I don't need a plumber for this scenario, when all that's required is a coat hanger, pair of pliers, a rubber glove, a bit of patience and a strong stomach.

Burney
11-29-2017, 02:03 PM
all that's required is a coat hanger, pair of pliers, a rubber glove, a bit of patience and a strong stomach.

I believe this is the motto of backstreet abortionists the world over.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
11-29-2017, 02:29 PM

You don't consider yourself working class, b?

I'm assuming that you don't consider members of your family as working class, either.... or perhaps you consider the ones you don't want coming round for a visit as a bit working class?

Burney
11-29-2017, 02:32 PM
You don't consider yourself working class, b?

I'm assuming that you don't consider members of your family as working class, either.... or perhaps you consider the ones you don't want coming round for a visit as a bit working class?

Good God, no! I went to public school, for God's sake!

Working class, indeed! The very idea.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
11-29-2017, 02:39 PM
Good God, no! I went to public school, for God's sake!

Working class, indeed! The very idea.

Does that automatically defines you as not working class? I never understand these things

Burney
11-29-2017, 02:40 PM
Does that automatically defines you as not working class? I never understand these things

Bloody right it does! Otherwise what on earth is one paying for?

SWv2
11-29-2017, 02:44 PM

I have never really understood the intangible concept of class in the UK.

You for example presumably need to work, in order to be able to live your life, so surely you are working class?

As is the Dutch Irish mongrel chap in the motor trade who likes to present himself as being in some way superior to the ordinary man in the street.

Burney
11-29-2017, 03:03 PM

You for example presumably need to work, in order to be able to live your life, so surely you are working class?

As is the Dutch Irish mongrel chap in the motor trade who likes to present himself as being in some way superior to the ordinary man in the street.

Having to work has nothing to do with being working class, sw. Do you find me with my hands down a u-bend, scaffolding, plastering or shovelling shít? No. Why not? Because those are occupations for the working classes.

I am middle class. I sit in an office tapping out deathless prose on a keyboard or having meetings. These are things middle class people do.

Pokster
11-29-2017, 03:19 PM

But you are aprt |Irish so you are 1 step away from offering to re-lay my drive....... in other words, working class

Luis Anaconda
11-29-2017, 03:24 PM
Having to work has nothing to do with being working class, sw. Do you find me with my hands down a u-bend, scaffolding, plastering or shovelling shít? No. Why not? Because those are occupations for the working classes.

I am middle class. I sit in an office tapping out deathless prose on a keyboard or having meetings. These are things middle class people do.
fs - this is turning into the Frost Report

Luis Anaconda
11-29-2017, 03:26 PM
But you are part Irish so you are 1 step away from offering to re-lay my drive....... in other words, working class

As am I - this was my family home until the late 50s - probably a long way from working class I would say

Pokster
11-29-2017, 03:30 PM
As am I - this was my family home until the late 50s - probably a long way from working class I would say

Squatters can still be working class la... and since you weren't born in the 50's or 60's I think that negates your defence :judge: Guilty as charged

Luis Anaconda
11-29-2017, 03:32 PM
Squatters can still be working class la... and since you weren't born in the 50's or 60's I think that negates your defence :judge: Guilty as charged
I'm fairly sure people here would argue about the "working" bit, p

Pokster
11-29-2017, 03:33 PM
I'm fairly sure people here would argue about the "working" bit, p

Good point... I intend to pretend I am working until they catch me out and I have to take an early pension

Burney
11-29-2017, 03:38 PM

What is that shïtty stone that every 'grand' house in rural Ireland is built of in order to ensure that they all look like somewhere one would house the criminally insane?

Ash
11-29-2017, 03:43 PM

My Word, LA. I never knew you were descended from the Aristocracy!.

Burney
11-29-2017, 03:46 PM

I never knew he was related to protestants, a. :-(

That's a protestant house, you mark my words.

Ash
11-29-2017, 03:48 PM

This ^^^^, basically, as they say on the Internets.

All the rest is snobbery, and divide-and-rule tactics imo.

Burney
11-29-2017, 03:48 PM

Oh, and if we're doing the 'My family seat's bigger than yours' thing, here's my motherfûcking castle, bitches!

Ash
11-29-2017, 03:50 PM
I never knew he was related to protestants, a. :-(

That's a protestant house, you mark my words.

I was wondering about that too. :sherlock:

Although you are from an Aristo family too, of course, and a fanatical left-footer.

Ash
11-29-2017, 03:52 PM
Oh, and if we're doing the 'My family seat's bigger than yours' thing, here's my motherfûcking castle, bitches!

And how did they get that, eh?

Here we see the violence inherent in the system.

Luis Anaconda
11-29-2017, 03:55 PM

Rumour actually has it that my grandfather won it in a game of cards. Mind you, he was also supposed to be a teetotaler. And despite not having to, he went off to fight in the second world war, though crucially, it has never been established which side he went off to fight for

Burney
11-29-2017, 03:58 PM
I was wondering about that too. :sherlock:

Although you are from an Aristo family too, of course, and a fanatical left-footer.

Our family were Norman lords and a big deal in Limerick right up until we decided it would be a good plan to oppose Cromwell. At that point we were down in the shît with everyone else.

SWv2

In Limerick for fúcks sake.

Basically a fúcking toilet of a place.

Luis Anaconda
What is that shïtty stone that every 'grand' house in rural Ireland is built of in order to ensure that they all look like somewhere one would house the criminally insane?

I think they did house the insane in this case, but yes there is certain something about the stone. I'll ignore the proddy gibe below though

Burney
11-29-2017, 03:59 PM
In Limerick for fúcks sake.

Basically a fúcking toilet of a place.

Well since we left, yes. :shrug:

Luis Anaconda

Yes - we had the ruins of one of those on the grounds. Shoddy building

Ash
Rumour actually has it that my grandfather won it in a game of cards. Mind you, he was also supposed to be a teetotaler. And despite not having to, he went off to fight in the second world war, though crucially, it has never been established which side he went off to fight for

:hehe:

Won it in a game of cards.

Like Brian Cranston's character in Breaking bad. :nod:

Burney
11-29-2017, 04:01 PM
I think they did house the insane in this case, but yes there is certain something about the stone. I'll ignore the proddy gibe below though

Those houses all just bring back the smell of damp, ancient and dangerous electrical fittings and bad plumbing to me.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
11-29-2017, 08:51 PM

As a guess, does that mean that upper class is one who has people to attend meetings and tapping out meaningless diatribe on one's behalf?