PDA

View Full Version : This American chit who appears to have Prince Harry in her thrall, just will not

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-27-2017, 09:15 PM
do I'm afraid.

I have just seen her interviewed on the Beeb and yes, she is a pretty little thing, but seems to believe she is required to talk rather a lot. She was giving all sorts of opinions and even spoke across Harry a couple of times; borderline bloody garrulous!

I fear she may even refuse to curtsy to Her Majesty and when The Duke makes a couple of his perfectly innocent 'darkie' jokes in her company she'll doubtless make a terrible fuss.

Burney
11-28-2017, 09:31 AM
do I'm afraid.

I have just seen her interviewed on the Beeb and yes, she is a pretty little thing, but seems to believe she is required to talk rather a lot. She was giving all sorts of opinions and even spoke across Harry a couple of times; borderline bloody garrulous!

I fear she may even refuse to curtsy to Her Majesty and when The Duke makes a couple of his perfectly innocent 'darkie' jokes in her company she'll doubtless make a terrible fuss.

I must admit, h, that the whole thing has me bemused. All good-natured joshing aside, the only people who actually seem to care that she's of mixed race and seek to make a big deal of it are people who would doubtless describe themselves as 'anti-racists'. As far as I can make out, the rest of the country (whom anti-racists are keen to lecture about their innate 'racism') couldn't give a toss.

Odd, don't you think?

IUFG
11-28-2017, 09:40 AM
...but seems to believe she is required to talk rather a lot.

who'd of thunk a Yankee could be rather multiloquent?

has she referred to Phil the Greek as 'The Dook' yet?

Burney
11-28-2017, 09:41 AM
who'd of thunk a Yankee could be rather multiloquent?

has she referred to Phil the Greek as 'The Dook' yet?

'The Dook of Edinburg', I'll have you know.

Sir C
11-28-2017, 09:42 AM
I must admit, h, that the whole thing has me bemused. All good-natured joshing aside, the only people who actually seem to care that she's of mixed race and seek to make a big deal of it are people who would doubtless describe themselves as 'anti-racists'. As far as I can make out, the rest of the country (whom anti-racists are keen to lecture about their innate 'racism') couldn't give a toss.

Odd, don't you think?

This, from The Guardian: "Don’t underestimate the symbolism of a royal marriage. From now on, it will be impossible to argue that being black is somehow incompatible with being British"

Because that's an argument one hears all the time, right?

Burney
11-28-2017, 09:45 AM
This, from The Guardian: "Don’t underestimate the symbolism of a royal marriage. From now on, it will be impossible to argue that being black is somehow incompatible with being British"

Exactly. In fact, barring a few very rare actual Combat 18-type nutters, literally the only people I've ever heard make that argument have been black 'commentators'.

Sir C
11-28-2017, 09:48 AM
Exactly. In fact, barring a few very rare actual Combat 18-type nutters, literally the only people I've ever heard make that argument have been black 'commentators'.

Well, Combat 18 nutters and my Irish friend (the one who declared 'Well oi'm racist and proud of it!) but I take your point, yes.

Burney
11-28-2017, 09:50 AM
Well, Combat 18 nutters and my Irish friend (the one who declared 'Well oi'm racist and proud of it!) but I take your point, yes.

Well I think we can all thank our stars that at least the bloody woman isn't Irish.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-28-2017, 10:10 AM

Odd, don't you think?

wed a black woman (if such a statement isn't dreadfully racist of me). Mixed race she may be but certainly white enough so as not to spread fear and alarm amongst 'The Firm'.

Burney
11-28-2017, 10:15 AM
wed a black woman (if such a statement isn't dreadfully racist of me). Mixed race she may be but certainly white enough so as not to spread fear and alarm amongst 'The Firm'.

For the final word on interracial marriage, I think we need to turn to the words of Edward Lear, h.

There was an old man of Jamaica
Who suddenly married a Quaker
But she cried out "Alack!
I have married a black!"
Which distressed that Old Man of Jamaica.

There's a lesson for us all there, I think.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-28-2017, 10:20 AM
For the final word on interracial marriage, I think we need to turn to the words of Edward Lear, h.

I have married a black!"
Which distressed that Old Man of Jamaica.

There's a lesson for us all there, I think.

Foul! - Any limerick ending with its opening is an insult to our old and commendable tradition of raucous doggerel b. For shame you quote it in this place :nono:

Burney
11-28-2017, 10:22 AM
Foul! - Any limerick ending with its opening is an insult to our old and commendable tradition of raucous doggerel b. For shame you quote it in this place :nono:

I know, but Lear did it all the time - he was a terrible cheat, the old poove. Anyway, in this instance I think it adds pathos.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-28-2017, 10:29 AM
I know, but Lear did it all the time - he was a terrible cheat, the old poove. Anyway, in this instance I think it adds pathos.

You must scrutinize my own very excellent Ode to Nigella b. Ne'er a faux rhyme nor deviation from scansion to be seen and I would rather die than employ this particular lazy contrivance.

Pathos my black arse, the **** just couldn't think of anything else to rhyme with Jamaica

Sir C
11-28-2017, 10:31 AM
You must scrutinize my own very excellent Ode to Nigella b. Ne'er a faux rhyme nor deviation from scansion to be seen and I would rather die than employ this particular lazy contrivance.

Pathos my black arse, the **** just couldn't think of anything else to rhyme with Jamaica

I'm more troubled about why she didn't notice she was marrying a black man. Was she blind? If so, why did it matter?

Burney
11-28-2017, 10:33 AM
I'm more troubled about why she didn't notice she was marrying a black man. Was she blind? If so, why did it matter?

Reading between the lines, I'd say she was confronted with his monstrous membrum virile on their wedding night and fled in terror.

Burney
11-28-2017, 10:38 AM

I glanced at Nigella last night. Once again, she cooked remarkably ordinary food and then sat around scoffing it with her chums (who do appear to be some of the worst human beings on the planet, btw). It struck me that, without all the curves and the lascivious twinkling to camera, she really no longer has an act.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-28-2017, 10:38 AM
Reading between the lines, I'd say she was confronted with his monstrous membrum virile on their wedding night and fled in terror.

This preposterous name you and c use for the pénis is so very public school and and somewhat salacious. Why can't you just call it the erectus delectus like the rest of us?

Peter
11-28-2017, 10:50 AM

But being american should continue to be incompatible, surely?

Sir C
11-28-2017, 10:54 AM
I glanced at Nigella last night. Once again, she cooked remarkably ordinary food and then sat around scoffing it with her chums (who do appear to be some of the worst human beings on the planet, btw). It struck me that, without all the curves and the lascivious twinkling to camera, she really no longer has an act.

No mention of her 'plumpcious beauties'. And 'French Toast' with parmesan? Fúck off.

Burney
11-28-2017, 10:59 AM
No mention of her 'plumpcious beauties'. And 'French Toast' with parmesan? Fúck off.

Exactly. And a profoundly dull Kofte that, if I'm not mistaken, didn't even have cumin in it. :yikes:

I've always thought Nigella was a fraud who traded on her appeal to a certain type of onanistic older gentleman and fat birds who want to feel less guilty about stuffing their faces and this series appears to confirm it.

Ash
11-28-2017, 11:20 AM

I agree. Terrible form to repeat the end of line one. It could have finished with "d'ya make her?".

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-28-2017, 12:30 PM
I agree. Terrible form to repeat the end of line one. It could have finished with "d'ya make her?".

In addition to the old I say I say I say joke, that was the title of a track on Houses of the Holy, the Zep's embarrassingly clumsy effort at reggae. Reggae drumming is the most tricky and nuanced genre of the art and clodhopping Bonham fails with merit :nod:

barrybueno
11-28-2017, 12:41 PM

Indeedy. How about;

I have married a black!"
So he whipped out his mamba to break her.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-28-2017, 01:03 PM
Good work b

Burney
11-28-2017, 01:10 PM
Indeedy. How about;

I have married a black!"
So he whipped out his mamba to break her.

I must say that’s awfully good, but i’m not convinced a Victorian publisher of children’s literature would have let it through.

Peter
11-28-2017, 02:10 PM
In addition to the old I say I say I say joke, that was the title of a track on Houses of the Holy, the Zep's embarrassingly clumsy effort at reggae. Reggae drumming is the most tricky and nuanced genre of the art and clodhopping Bonham fails with merit :nod:

Lets not have another Bonham-bashing session.

Zeppelin were great.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-28-2017, 02:24 PM
Lets not have another Bonham-bashing session.

Zeppelin were great.

Zep were a brilliant shining start in the rock firmament Peter and Bonham was a great rock drummer. He should never have attempted reggae, that's all.

Peter
11-28-2017, 02:28 PM
Zep were a brilliant shining start in the rock firmament Peter and Bonham was a great rock drummer. He should never have attempted reggae, that's all.

Of course, it was a disaster.

Hot Dog doesnt get enough criticism for me. That is ****!

Norn Iron
11-28-2017, 02:53 PM
do I'm afraid.

Joking aside, I noticed this. He then went on to say that he couldn't finish the proposal because she was talking over him.
Also, refusing to pose in a towel for her role in suits. If you're playing a sexy woman then you should leave your politics at home and try your best to replicate the character you're playing. Isn't that what acting is about?

Divorced within 2 years imo, fit though.

Burney
11-28-2017, 02:55 PM
Joking aside, I noticed this. He then went on to say that he couldn't finish the proposal because she was talking over him.
Also, refusing to pose in a towel for her role in suits. If you're playing a sexy woman then you should leave your politics at home and try your best to replicate the character you're playing. Isn't that what acting is about?

Divorced within 2 years imo, fit though.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's doomed. She's too old apart from anything else.

Phil might have to arrange another car crash.

Chief Arrowhead
11-28-2017, 04:32 PM

Herbs, you might be interested and horrified at the same time. There's a band of youngsters from Michigan bubbling up to the surface ovah heah. Greta Van Fleet. Wonder who they sound like? Just to prove that everything has already been done. Still, it's rock which is a diversion from the pop norm. Actually going to see them on 14/12 as an innocent diversion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJg4OJxp-co

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXdM1rqSlSQ

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-28-2017, 05:11 PM
Herbs, you might be interested and horrified at the same time. There's a band of youngsters from Michigan bubbling up to the surface ovah heah. Greta Van Fleet. Wonder who they sound like? Just to prove that everything has already been done. Still, it's rock which is a diversion from the pop norm. Actually going to see them on 14/12 as an innocent diversion.

I shall listen to your suggestions in the comfort of my home tonight assisted by the requisite herbal remedies and report back.

Ash
11-29-2017, 01:06 PM

I have no problem with this, actually. There have been countless genres, many of which I really like, with 80 million versions of essentially the same song or sound. Then there have been bands and sounds that were never really copied properly, and Zep was one, despite the whole original heavy metal genre being a failed attempt to do precisely this.

Unfortunately the guitarist is shít though. Really horrible cùnt who isn't playing in time with the pretty decent rhythm section, and the opening riff on the first song has no fluidity. Is it his PA, or his van or something? Nice Plant impression from the front man though.

World's End Stella
11-29-2017, 01:10 PM
Of course, it was a disaster.

Hot Dog doesnt get enough criticism for me. That is ****!

Better than All My Love

Now there was a song Zeppelin should never have done. You could argue that Hot Dog was a p1sstake, All My Love was just sh1te.

11-29-2017, 01:19 PM
This preposterous name you and c use for the pénis is so very public school and and somewhat salacious.

Chief Arrowhead
11-30-2017, 05:04 PM
I have no problem with this, actually. There have been countless genres, many of which I really like, with 80 million versions of essentially the same song or sound. Then there have been bands and sounds that were never really copied properly, and Zep was one, despite the whole original heavy metal genre being a failed attempt to do precisely this.

Unfortunately the guitarist is shít though. Really horrible cùnt who isn't playing in time with the pretty decent rhythm section, and the opening riff on the first song has no fluidity. Is it his PA, or his van or something? Nice Plant impression from the front man though.

He's one of the three brothers! THe bass, guitar and singer are all brothers, the bass/guitar are twins and the singer is their younger brother. 21, 21 and 20. The drummer is a neighborhood kid.

I guess we are so starved for good ole rock that these kids have taken off, plus it always helps to have a certain enticing look for the groupies to emerge, like the Beatles, eh?

We'll see what they do with their moment of fame.

Also, it's the rawness to their musical chops that appeals at this stage. That's been done before also, eh? #sexpistols

Chief Arrowhead
11-30-2017, 05:07 PM

Also, they've booked the O2 Academy in Islington for April 4. Already sold out! Booked another night for April 5. Get 'em while you can, Ash!

http://gretavanfleet.com/tour

Ash
11-30-2017, 05:15 PM
He's one of the three brothers! THe bass, guitar and singer are all brothers, the bass/guitar are twins and the singer is their younger brother. 21, 21 and 20. The drummer is a neighborhood kid.

I guess we are so starved for good ole rock that these kids have taken off, plus it always helps to have a certain enticing look for the groupies to emerge, like the Beatles, eh?

We'll see what they do with their moment of fame.

Also, it's the rawness to their musical chops that appeals at this stage. That's been done before also, eh? #sexpistols

Yeah, good ole rock 'n roll. Just what is needed when everything sounds like a gay fish. Good luck to 'em.

Ash
11-30-2017, 05:16 PM
Also, they've booked the O2 Academy in Islington for April 4. Already sold out! Booked another night for April 5. Get 'em while you can, Ash!

http://gretavanfleet.com/tour

:thumbup: .

Chief Arrowhead
11-30-2017, 09:53 PM
Yeah, good ole rock 'n roll. Just what is needed when everything sounds like a gay fish. Good luck to 'em.

Did you see the grammy nominations? I understand that I'm an old guy and the yoof rules, etc., etc., but what about the musicality? Where is it?

For the love of God where IS ADELE!!!

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-30-2017, 10:19 PM
Unfortunately the guitarist is shít though. Really horrible cùnt who isn't playing in time with the pretty decent rhythm section

Have to call you out Ash - that is a fine guitarist and he is very much in time and I have't heard chops as fierce and tight as that since Marriott's Packet of Three - that drummer ain't no slouch either and mercy me, are we to see the return of the drum solo?

This band are an homage to Zep for sure, but a noble and proper one and they are on a far higher plane, would you agree, than any ghoulish tribute band. It is easy to forget how monstrously, mega, mother-fúckingly massive and seminal the Zeps were and given these chaps could be their grandchildren I'd say bravo and long overdue.

Ash
11-30-2017, 11:03 PM
Have to call you out Ash - that is a fine guitarist and he is very much in time and I have't heard chops as fierce and tight as that since Marriott's Packet of Three - that drummer ain't no slouch either and mercy me, are we to see the return of the drum solo?

This band are an homage to Zep for sure, but a noble and proper one and they are on a far higher plane, would you agree, than any ghoulish tribute band. It is easy to forget how monstrously, mega, mother-fúckingly massive and seminal the Zeps were and given these chaps could be their grandchildren I'd say bravo and long overdue.

I may have been a little harsh in my description of him but on that live track there he's not quite tight - he's consistently ahead of the others, and the little twiddly bit on the intro of the studio track sounds a tad clumsy to me. We might have to agree to disagree on that but I agree with your second paragraph. Hopefully they'll inspire other kids to lift music out of this long dark age of mediocrity.