PDA

View Full Version : Burnley fans were raging about many of the decisions.

Ash
11-27-2017, 10:07 AM
Stoke fans in disguise, howling with fury at every decision that doesn't go their way.

Could be a tough visit every year.

Burney
11-27-2017, 10:08 AM
Stoke fans in disguise, howling with fury at every decision that doesn't go their way.

Have you ever been to Burnley, a? I'd be raging if I had to live there.

The tendency of a team's fans to 'rage' is in direct proportion to how unpleasant their town, city or area is imo.

PSRB
11-27-2017, 10:09 AM

Raging for ages over a perfectly timed tackle by Xhaka. From what I saw and read on Twitter, Mason was letting Burnley players get away with everything

Pat Vegas
11-27-2017, 10:09 AM

I can't stand them and love beating them this way every time. :cloud9:

PSRB
11-27-2017, 10:10 AM
Have you ever been to Burnley, a. I'd be raging if I had to live there.

The tendency of a team's fans to 'rage' is in direct proportion to how unpleasant their town, city or area is imo.

Been twice, the infamous 2-0 FA Cup win with the big kick-off afterwards was particularly good fun :-\

Pat Vegas
11-27-2017, 10:10 AM
Raging for ages over a perfectly timed tackle by Xhaka. From what I saw and read on Twitter, Mason was letting Burnley players get away with everything

The weirdest one was just before half time.
Ramsey gets waffled mid air and he gives Burnley a free kick.

Ash
11-27-2017, 10:14 AM
Have you ever been to Burnley, a? I'd be raging if I had to live there.

I've been to Bury, and that was rather grim. I expect they are more or less the same.

Burney
11-27-2017, 10:16 AM
I've been to Bury, and that was rather grim. I expect they are more or less the same.

Yes. Shītty Lancastrian mill towns that begin with 'B' do tend to merge into one. Bury, Burnley, Bolton, Blackburn...all shítholes.

Sir C
11-27-2017, 10:19 AM

Someone wrote an interesting article in the early 2000s about how nasty it was going up there for a football match; something to do with the culture being founded in bitterness and resentment left over from the miners' strike.

I'm ot sure if it was about Burnley, Bradford, Barnsley or Blackburn, but I suppose they're all much of a muchness.

Ash
11-27-2017, 10:19 AM

I expect Mason was correctly interpreting the rule that Arsenal don't like it up 'em on a cold wet afternoon in Lancashire.

Burney
11-27-2017, 10:22 AM
Someone wrote an interesting article in the early 2000s about how nasty it was going up there for a football match; something to do with the culture being founded in bitterness and resentment left over from the miners' strike.

I'm ot sure if it was about Burnley, Bradford, Barnsley or Blackburn, but I suppose they're all much of a muchness.

Of the four, probably Barnsley. Yorkshire was more coaly than Lancashire (apart from places like Wigan).

Ash
11-27-2017, 10:22 AM

Barnsley, at a guess. Don't go to Oakwell if you're a Notts Forest / County fan imo.

Burney
11-27-2017, 10:25 AM
Barnsley, at a guess. Don't go to Oakwell if you're a Notts Forest / County fan imo.

I was watching that Dominic Sandbrook thing about the 80s a while ago and he talked about how games between Mansfield and Chesterfield used to kick off over the whole 'scab' thing. Who knew, eh?

SWv2
11-27-2017, 10:29 AM
Of the four, probably Barnsley. Yorkshire was more coaly than Lancashire (apart from places like Wigan).

I used to work here in Dublin with a lad from Burnley of all places and he was very much of the opinion that you would be fúcking mad to go there as a visiting football supporter, one basically because it was simply a total shíthouse and the other because quite simply certain elements of the local support would take huge personal joy from kicking fúck out of you.

He then elaborated to say this piece of advice would apply to all the towns in that general area, Blackburn being another I recall he specified.

By all accounts when those two meet it is feisty x 100.