PDA

View Full Version : So who's gonna be the first tedious, predictable wánker to ask how we're above Spurs

Monty92
11-27-2017, 09:36 AM
in the table when they're ace and having a great season and we're a bunch of shít****s?

Sir C
11-27-2017, 09:42 AM
in the table when they're ace and having a great season and we're a bunch of shít****s?

It doesn't really need saying, does it? The ridiculousness of the 'Arsenal are in crisis / Spurs are amazing narrative' was exploded when we beat them last week.

World's End Stella
11-27-2017, 09:55 AM

The first person who is stupid enough to believe that anyone has said that Spurs are ace and that we're a bunch of sh1t****s.

Which - unsurprisingly - is you.

Burney
11-27-2017, 10:00 AM

I was rather enjoying the fact that we weren't even mentioning the fact that we were above Spurs, to be honest. It showed the proper level of insouciance.

Burney
11-27-2017, 10:03 AM
It doesn't really need saying, does it? The ridiculousness of the 'Arsenal are in crisis / Spurs are amazing narrative' was exploded when we beat them last week.

That people seem unable to grasp that the differences in the perception of 'success' are wholly based on quite different expectation levels attached to the two clubs is fairly worrying.

Burney
11-27-2017, 10:07 AM
The first person who is stupid enough to believe that anyone has said that Spurs are ace and that we're a bunch of sh1t****s.

Which - unsurprisingly - is you.
:rubchin:

Well some cünt wrote this:

I think I might begin supporting Spurs - brilliant, young manager, attractive football, group of talented young players who will grow together and win trophies. A manager and owner who don't seem shy of spending money and are committed to winning.

What's not to like?

Ash
11-27-2017, 10:07 AM

:hehe: Well bowled. Burney.

SWv2
11-27-2017, 10:12 AM

Now, purely in the interest of balance here I am unaware of the so called narrative of Spurs having “a great season”.

I do recall a hyperbolic reaction to their win over Real Madrid which with them being RM and back to back CL winners is totally expected by your media.

If anything in the league I recall an early season suggestion of instability and a failure to come to terms with the move to Wembley for league matches.

In summary, I suggest you have created a scenario to suit your own rather pathetic and childish argument.

Sorry

:judge:

World's End Stella
11-27-2017, 10:30 AM

Yeah because that was both entirely serious and clearly mentions that we're sh1t****s. :rolleyes:

Burney
11-27-2017, 10:37 AM
Yeah because that was both entirely serious and clearly mentions that we're sh1t****s. :rolleyes:

I never suggested you were serious. However, the post was clearly designed to highlight Spurs' strengths (so that's the 'ace' bit covered) and - by implication - our weaknesses. :shrug:

World's End Stella
11-27-2017, 10:41 AM
I never suggested you were serious. However, the post was clearly designed to highlight Spurs' strengths (so that's the 'ace' bit covered) and - by implication - our weaknesses. :shrug:

Well, if the post wasn't serious then neither was highlighting their strengths, so not too sure what point you're making.

And there is precisely zero correlation between Spurs being ace and Arsenal being sh1t****s - they are independent states.

Burney
11-27-2017, 10:43 AM
Well, if the post wasn't serious then neither was highlighting their strengths, so not too sure what point you're making.

And there is precisely zero correlation between Spurs being ace and Arsenal being sh1t****s - they are independent states.

Oh, I only mean you weren't serious about supporting Spurs (at least I assume as much). However, you were entirely serious about comparing them with Arsenal to Arsenal's detriment. That was the whole point of your post. :shrug:

Tony C
11-27-2017, 10:45 AM
Real were poor in both games imo (speaking through my wallet)

Spurs should’ve nicked the 1st game and then ran them ragged at Wembley.

Real looked old.

It wasn’t a peak form Real they beat.

-

One thing I would like checked (can’t be ar sed) is their record against the Top sides. I’m led to believe that it’s worse than ours.

SWv2
11-27-2017, 10:47 AM

Real looked old.

-

One thing I would like checked (can’t be ar sed) is their record against the Top sides. I’m led to believe that it’s worse than ours.

This was indeed reference after their defeat to us last week.

Not sure how it compares with us mind you. Not massively relevant tbh.

redgunamo
11-27-2017, 11:30 AM
This was indeed reference after their defeat to us last week.

Not sure how it compares with us mind you. Not massively relevant tbh.

Alot of people believe constantly losing to direct competitors is what costs them, and us, league titles.

redgunamo
11-27-2017, 11:33 AM

Real looked old.

One win in 17, I think it was. But that's for their manager though, not just Spurs.

PSRB
11-27-2017, 11:36 AM
One win in 17, I think it was. But that's for their manager though, not just Spurs.

I think it's their form away against the other top teams that's being called, don't think (but I'm sure la will correct me) that their home form is too bad.

redgunamo
11-27-2017, 11:37 AM
I think it's their form away against the other top teams that's being called, don't think (but I'm sure la will correct me) that their home form is too bad.

Right. That was it.

Peter
11-27-2017, 12:36 PM

Their home form last season was ridiculously good.