TheCurly
11-23-2017, 03:36 PM
I shall mostly be having a curry.
I feel it's what the Wampanoag would have wanted

Burney
11-23-2017, 03:43 PM

I saw a programme about it. It was mostly turkey, corn and sweet potatoes.

In other words, it was shït.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
11-23-2017, 03:44 PM

You mean Thursday night?

TheCurly
11-23-2017, 03:47 PM
You mean Thursday night?

well....yes.I was trying to be more of an internationalist ABR

:music:

If your eyes see deeper than the colour of skin
Then you must also see we are the same within
An' the rights you expect are the rights of all
Now it's up to you to lead the call
That liberty must come at the top of the list
Stand proud as - an internationalist!

SWv2
11-23-2017, 03:50 PM

Good man C.

:thumbup:

Burney
11-23-2017, 03:51 PM

I don't really understand Thanksgiving, to be honest. I was interrogating an American colleague about it today and it seems they just eat a big meal. There aren't any presents, no Great Escape on telly, just a big dinner and some American football. They don't even seem to get horribly drunk and pass out in front of the telly from what he told me.

It sounds really rubbish.

TheCurly
11-23-2017, 03:54 PM
I don't really understand Thanksgiving, to be honest. I was interrogating an American colleague about it today and it seems they just eat a big meal. There aren't any presents, no Great Escape on telly, just a big dinner and some American football. They don't even seem to get horribly drunk and pass out in front of the telly from what he told me.

Still,it means all day in the kitchen for the ladies.They love that.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
11-23-2017, 03:59 PM

A day off work :shrug:

Burney
11-23-2017, 04:04 PM

If I'm honest, it's the lack of all-day drinking that bothered me. Now Christmas is a proper holiday. You start with fizz at breakfast, more fizz opening the presents. Then it's time to head to the pub for a faceful of ale. Then back for pre-dinner drinks. Then fine wines with dinner, possibly port and/or brandy after dinner, then telly with more wine and perhaps a dram or some more brandy before bed. You basically don't stop drinking for 12-14 hours. Marvellous.

redgunamo
11-23-2017, 04:05 PM

No, I started making a big thing out of it years ago, as a dry run for Christmas lunch. The old man and I and the rest of our squad at the controls* in the kitchen all day; the dollies indoors talking about fashion and whatnot, I suppose; putting their feet up.

*Dead on the cooking claret.

Burney
11-23-2017, 04:08 PM
No, I started making a big thing out of it years ago, as a dry run for Christmas lunch. The old man and I and the rest of our squad at the controls* in the kitchen all day; the dollies indoors talking about fashion and whatnot, I suppose; putting their feet up.

But what is it you're giving thanks for, r?

TheCurly
11-23-2017, 04:08 PM

Ah but you sir,are a renaissance man,r
This year I may allow the GLW choose the afternoon fillum

redgunamo
11-23-2017, 04:11 PM
But what is it you're giving thanks for, r?

Some hae meat an' canna eat,
And some wad eat that want it;
But we hae meat, and we can eat,
Sae let the Lord be thankit.

Same as always :shrug:

IUFG
11-23-2017, 04:11 PM

what sort of wet, limp-wristed *******s is that taken from, c?

redgunamo
11-23-2017, 04:13 PM
http://images.45cat.com/the-style-council-come-to-milton-keynes-1985-7.jpg

Burney
11-23-2017, 04:14 PM
Some hae meat an' canna eat,
And some wad eat that want it;
But we hae meat, and we can eat,
Sae let the Lord be thankit.

Same as always :shrug:

Of course. I always forget that you identify as scotch.

IUFG

Ah, that explains things perfectly. ty,r.

Carry on...

Burney

Soft Cell, is it? Jolly good. Carry on.

TheCurly
11-23-2017, 04:16 PM

How very dare you!
You're going on my bounder list.

redgunamo
11-23-2017, 04:20 PM
Ah, that explains things perfectly. ty,r.

Carry on...

One or two .. individual fashion choices aside, I rather liked them..

IUFG
11-23-2017, 04:21 PM
How very dare you!
You're going on my bounder list.

I'm just waiting for sw to ask if I'd like to be violenced at his hand :fishing:

redgunamo
11-23-2017, 04:22 PM
Soft Cell, is it? Jolly good. Carry on.

lol. Well, we've all heard the stories, I think.

Burney
11-23-2017, 04:32 PM
lol. Well, we've all heard the stories, I think.

I remember when Marc Almond was knocked off his scooter and suffered head injuries, only for some wag to remark that it wasn't the first time he'd had skidmarks on his helmet.

:hehe:

Sir C
11-23-2017, 04:35 PM

Collyflour cheese. Snorkers. Peas or green beans, i can't decide.

Burney
11-23-2017, 04:37 PM
Collyflour cheese. Snorkers. Peas or green beans, i can't decide.

Of the two, peas are best, but green beens are easier to eat.

Think I'm gonna go with chilli. From the freezer.

Although typing that has depressed me, so I might make some chips and throw the chilli on top of them with a load of cheese.

Sir C
11-23-2017, 04:41 PM
Of the two, peas are best, but green beens are easier to eat.

Think I'm gonna go with chilli. From the freezer.

Although typing that has depressed me, so I might make some chips and throw the chilli on top of them with a load of cheese.

Why do you have chilli in the freezer? Isn't it tasting up space where ice should be?

Tonight should be a dry night but, you know, there's football on and it's the anniversary of my Dad's deiding so, fúck it, I'm getting fired in.

Burney
11-23-2017, 04:46 PM
Why do you have chilli in the freezer? Isn't it tasting up space where ice should be?

Tonight should be a dry night but, you know, there's football on and it's the anniversary of my Dad's deiding so, fúck it, I'm getting fired in.

It's handy to have these things ready for when you just can't be arsed cooking, isn't it? Sorry about your dad. :-(

I've got the day off tomorrow and I'm harbouring thoughts of staying up half the night watching cricket. However, that will obviously have to mean not getting too fired in and passing out at 11, so it's a 50:50 ball, really.

Sir C
11-23-2017, 04:48 PM
It's handy to have these things ready for when you just can't be arsed cooking, isn't it? Sorry about your dad. :-(

I've got the day off tomorrow and I'm harbouring thoughts of staying up half the night watching cricket. However, that will obviously have to mean not getting too fired in and passing out at 11, so it's a 50:50 ball, really.

It's ok, I'm kind of over it now.

Is it only all night, this cricket? Surely you've got time to watch a bit whilst getting hammered, take a 2 hour snooze, then get fired in again?

Burney
11-23-2017, 04:51 PM
It's ok, I'm kind of over it now.

Is it only all night, this cricket? Surely you've got time to watch a bit whilst getting hammered, take a 2 hour snooze, then get fired in again?

I meant sorry you're feeling all sad, not sorry he's dead. Although I am obviously sorry he's dead. You know what I meant.

Fair point on the cricket. It's 12 until 8am. It certainly represents an excellent opportunity for falling asleep drunk on the sofa without having to feel shabby about it.

Luis Anaconda
11-23-2017, 04:59 PM
I meant sorry you're feeling all sad, not sorry he's dead. Although I am obviously sorry he's dead. You know what I meant.

Fair point on the cricket. It's 12 until 8am. It certainly represents an excellent opportunity for falling asleep drunk on the sofa without having to feel shabby about it.
Starts half an hour early tonight coz of the rain yesterday so 11.30 your time. Would hate you to miss our early morning collapse

SWv2
11-23-2017, 05:03 PM
I'm just waiting for sw to ask if I'd like to be violenced at his hand :fishing:

Jesus Christ IUFG man, you have to love a bit of TSC.

I defy you to not throw a shape or two this very second, in your offfice, at your desk if you are shy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRGnXprimbg

My kids insist I play this every morning on the way to school, insist!

Burney
11-23-2017, 05:03 PM
Starts half an hour early tonight coz of the rain yesterday so 11.30 your time. Would hate you to miss our early morning collapse

More juice in the wicket early doors, I reckon. Cheating Aussie *******s. :furious: